Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would trade Patterson if you can get anything good for him. No way he keeps this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
0.5 PPR Keeper League

I have Kittle and picked up Knox and Schultz so I’m trying to shop some TEs. Got offered AJ Brown and Trey Lance for Kittle and Chase Edmonds. I can’t keep Kittle next season due to salary restrictions (very likely keeping Najee, Henderson, and McLaurin) so I’m fine shopping him, but Edmonds is my only other reliable RB before I start having to use Pollard.

I countered but swapped AJ Brown for DJ Moore, really hoping he takes it. He was the guy that snagged Trey Lance from me in the last rounds of the draft so if he pops off later this year his keeper value is insanely low.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ummm DJ Moore is having a ridiculous season. And AJ Brown is hurt. I’m not sure I’d rather give up Moore over Brown.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Hence the “I’m hoping he takes it”. His other WRs are Tyreek and Lamb and to be honest I was shocked he included Edmonds to begin with, he has JT and Hunt already with Singletary on the bench.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I'm 4-0 in my work PPR league with this roster. Start QB/2 RB/3 WR/1 TE/1 WRT Flex

QB: Lamar
WR: Ridley, Deebo, Woods, Marvin Jones, Kirk
RB: Ekeler, Swift, Hunt, Hines, Mattison, Damien Williams
TE: Fant

Would you trade Deebo+Hunt for Davante? They both feel like prime sell high candidates but I'm always hesitant to trade quality depth this early in the year.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
I would absolutely trade Deebo and Hunt for Davante if that's being offered to you, but if you're offering that I highly doubt the other owner will take it. Like you said, Deebo and Hunt are prime sell-high guys.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Thanks for the input. It has not been offered to me and I don't expect it to be accepted, but I find that I'm comfortable evaluating anyone's trade offers but my own. Just wanted to gauge the thread's thoughts.

Will report back if it actually leads to me getting Davante.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Vargo posted:

How are others with Robert Woods handling him right now? Is anyone still starting him on Thursday?

He had that garbage-time TD this week but otherwise he's just not getting the volume, Stafford just doesn't look his way.

I know there's been coach talk about getting him more involved this week but that could be bullshit. I'm pretty sure there's going to be one game soon where he explodes and there's a good chance it could be this week, but maybe that's sunk-cost fallacy talking.

In any case, I know the big game will come as soon as I bench or drop him.

He was just traded in my league for Tom Brady (who was a backup to Rodgers). They also swapped back up RBs as well. So I guess that means someone out there believes in him!

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
loving Robert Woods has been a big rear end enigma, he should be good... but keeps not being good.

I've got an 8 person league, trying to pick my flex for the week between Shenault, Knox, C Patterson, & Woods. I think the hawks are gonna get blown the gently caress out on the ground, so I don't think Woods is the guy, but not really sure between the other 3.

edit: yeah
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

1st_Panzer_Div. fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 7, 2021

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
I'm assuming Patterson is Cordarelle? I don't think you can sit him with how he's playing right now.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ridley and Gage both out.

Cordarelle Patterson 20 carry 17 target game inc.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Quiet Feet posted:

my lord he's gonna absolutely flatten the Jets.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Quiet Feet posted:

Knock on wood but this has to be one of the luckiest FF seasons I've ever had. Opponent stars keep being randomly knocked out. Unbelievable.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Looking for opinions: trade just got accepted in my league, Deebo Samuel for Stefan Diggs. One of the other managers thinks it’s too lopsided and has cast their veto (obviously takes way more than that to actually do it).

The guy trading Deebo says it’s a simple top-end for consistency type deal, and I’m inclined to agree. Just wondering what the thread’s opinion of the trade is.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Quiet Feet posted:

Oh god this has to be Kyle Pitts' big day, right?

... Right?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

Looking for opinions: trade just got accepted in my league, Deebo Samuel for Stefan Diggs. One of the other managers thinks it’s too lopsided and has cast their veto (obviously takes way more than that to actually do it).

The guy trading Deebo says it’s a simple top-end for consistency type deal, and I’m inclined to agree. Just wondering what the thread’s opinion of the trade is.

Who are we to judge other peoples trades. Let it happen, vetoing it is just lol. The manager who vetoed is just being a sore loser that he didn't get a lopsided traded accepted in his favor. Who does he even think got the better end of the deal that he considers it lopsided enough to veto? (it's because Diggs was a 2nd round pick and Deebo was 10 or some poo poo isn't it)

edit: for the record i think the trade is perfectly fine even if i think a same position trade swap is weird.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 7, 2021

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

Who are we to judge other peoples trades. Let it happen, vetoing it is just lol. The manager who vetoed is just being a sore loser that he didn't get a lopsided traded accepted in his favor. Who does he even think got the better end of the deal that he considers it lopsided enough to veto? (it's because Diggs was a 2nd round pick and Deebo was 10 or some poo poo isn't it)

edit: for the record i think the trade is perfectly fine even if i think a same position trade swap is weird.

This

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Koopa Kid posted:

Let the guy make a dumb trade.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
That's the Deebo owner selling high and the Diggs owner selling low, is all that is.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
M.Ryan vs the Jets or L.Jackson vs the Colts

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Drop Matt Ryan so you don't have to ask this dumb question again.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Don’t even think about vetoing trades unless it’s obvious, without a doubt collusion.

It’s a bad look.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
When I first started playing fantasy football my league did voting on trades, rarely did people vote, but one manager voted no everytime no matter what.

A couple of us talked to him about why he did that since a no should only be used for legitimate reasons. His response was that anyone's team being improved while his wasn't was as legitimate as any other reason to vote no.

We don't do trade voting anymore.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Ryan is playing a London game without his best two WRs. Unless you're league really hoards QBs Ryan is completely droppable. Lamar all the way.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Koopa Kid posted:

The guy vetoing is just mad that someone got a late rounder that exploded and locked in the value before a potential dropoff.

Funny because Diggs was in a similar position last year and I remember hearing of people throwing fits whenever he was traded for studs.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Koopa Kid posted:

That's a fair trade considering ACTUAL performance and not staring at last years numbers and wishcasting.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

RCarr posted:

Don’t even think about vetoing trades unless it’s obvious, without a doubt collusion.

It’s a bad look.

This should be an even bigger sign to tap than the "it's Wednesday my dudes" sign, gently caress people who veto arms length trades

God drat do I wish the Diggs manager would trade him to me for Deebo lmao

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

That's a fair trade considering ACTUAL performance and not staring at last years numbers and wishcasting.

Yeah this was my reaction, and by no means is this trade actually going to be vetoed. I mostly just noticed how highly Diggs is ranked once I looked into things because of the group chat shitstorm and was wondering if anyone else valued Diggs that highly here.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
If Chris Carson is out, I have Collins as his handcuff. But drat, if he isn't out that's an unstable timeshare huh? I don't like that at all.

Wonder whether I should just start Damien Harris instead of either if it's going to be an injury committee.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vargo posted:

Oh god this has to be Kyle Pitts' big day, right?

... Right?

I got pushback in this thread for arguing that Pitts shouldn't be ranked the overall #3 TE before taking an NFL snap

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Trade vote vetoing shouldn’t be a thing but I guess vote in whichever way helps you the most? I’m not a fan of experienced players taking advantage of new players but this isn’t that. Deebo is top 5 right now I think and Diggs is underperforming. No one knows the future or whether this is just temporary or a new reality.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Is Aaron Jones legitimately questionable for Sunday?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

dkj posted:

Trade vote vetoing shouldn’t be a thing but I guess vote in whichever way helps you the most? I’m not a fan of experienced players taking advantage of new players but this isn’t that. Deebo is top 5 right now I think and Diggs is underperforming. No one knows the future or whether this is just temporary or a new reality.

That’s not what the system is there for. It’s to vote to stop people from cheating. Not vote whenever someone’s team gets better and you get salty.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Chris Carson officially out. Fire up your Alex Collinses.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

shyduck posted:

Is Aaron Jones legitimately questionable for Sunday?

Same thing as last week, if he’s marked on Friday then I may worry.

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.
Just picked up Collins from the wire, but not starting him tonight. Going with Damien Williams in my flex instead.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

4 players in this game :getin:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RCarr posted:

That’s not what the system is there for. It’s to vote to stop people from cheating. Not vote whenever someone’s team gets better and you get salty.

Asking owners, all of whom have a direct conflict of interest, to judge whether someone is cheating via voting, is fundamentally broken. It only ever works when people charitably vote to allow trades despite trading tending to make one or two teams they are in competition with better. E.g., it's a system with perverse incentives built in.

I think it's refreshing to have an owner openly state that they're going to vote in their own interests as long as they have a vote, and that's a helpful wakeup call for that league to get rid of stupid loving owner voting on trades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I mean the main point is it’s a ridiculous thing to have, and any league that has a veto voting system is Busch league