Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Man the increasing levels of snotty/cattiness between the Vulcans was a fun time especially contracted against any time on the Klingon ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lmfao

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Marc Evan Jackson as a Vulcan makes so much sense. :allears:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

The Bloop posted:

punitive spiritualism:laffo:

Loved that line, and wouldn't mind at all seeing these new characters return.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

The_Doctor posted:

Ditto Klingon Nolan North.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That was great.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

finally had time to watch and yeah that was a solid episode. Not as funny as the previous ep but really tightly written. I love the voice cast so much on this show. Very talented committed performers all around.

idk how anyone would not laugh at the borg cube thing tho. LD haters are pitiable creatures.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

punishedkissinger posted:

idk how anyone would not laugh at the borg cube thing tho. LD haters are pitiable creatures.

I laughed at the cut to the Cube, then laughed when I realised no, they weren't going to bother putting in movement or dialogue of any kind and just let the shot hang forever.

I agree it wasn't a massively funny episode, but to be honest I prefer this mix than a forced joke-a-second script.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

tech holes

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Your radical ideas have no place here. You are sentenced for 1 day punitive spirituality.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://i.imgur.com/4VQcq3C.mp4

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I like how vulcans can win any argument just by saying something is logical. Don't bother explaining the logic, just say it's logical.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
The "ship drops out of warp to shield another ship at the last second" is such a trope and I love it every time.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

The "ship drops out of warp to shield another ship at the last second" is such a trope and I love it every time.

Same.

Borg Lower Decks: Just vibin'

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

The_Doctor posted:

Oh poo poo is that who it was?
IMDB is loving poo poo for finding the voices which is pretty wild since it's on loving Amazon!

I assumed Nolan North was the vulcan captain because he's credited as T'im (which is a great vulcan name)

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

I loved everything about this episode.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Shax is good people.

Great episode. So how many more this season... like 20... 30 right? right????

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

MikeJF posted:

Apparently the title is Klingon for 'Three Ships'.

There. Were. FOUR. Ships. :argh:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

pik_d posted:

There were definitely five ships.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

pik_d posted:

There were five you pakled level dunce.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Wow we got a bunch of fuckin Romulans over here

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Porpoise With A Purpose posted:

I loved everything about this episode.

I love that Rutherford was only a bear cub for, like, a couple hours but that was long enough to form a lasting bond with Shax (well, that and Shax saving his life that one time)

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Aces High posted:

I love that Rutherford was only a bear cub for, like, a couple hours but that was long enough to form a lasting bond with Shax (well, that and Shax saving his life that one time)

They went through...death, and life together.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I still can’t believe how much this show has won me over. Season 2 has been consistently great, I don’t give a gently caress what anyone says.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Yeah this is like, the fourth best trek for me now.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Erulisse posted:

This is one of top 10 ST episodes.
Might be even my personal top 5.

I was just coming in here to post exactly this. I honestly can’t remember the last time I was left beaming by a ST episode like I am right now.

I’m not going to rip anyone who doesn’t agree because it’s all subjective but this show is a treasure and I am so glad for it.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Also, 100% serious, I want a RITOS shirt

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

it was nice to see that even though Mariner and Freeman get on each other's nerves and seem to just hate being in each other's presence they both were still happy after their hangout session :3:

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Aces High posted:

it was nice to see that even though Mariner and Freeman get on each other's nerves and seem to just hate being in each other's presence they both were still happy after their hangout session :3:

the whole time they were screaming at each other on the holodeck i was just thinking "oh, they just like fighting with each other dont they"?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I liked boimler desperately trying to escape CrampChat

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I still can’t believe how much this show has won me over. Season 2 has been consistently great, I don’t give a gently caress what anyone says.

The beginning of the season was kinda lukewarm, but much like season 1, it really took off later. This episode included!

By the way, I wonder what's going to happen with Jet Manhaver. This doesn't seem like the show to just drop a character, and he faded right back into the background after his, what, two speaking episodes?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I’m gonna be honest, I thought the show called the Pakled ship a Cumship rather than a Clumpship at first.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Hey, pink-red blood is back!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Nitrousoxide posted:

I’m gonna be honest, I thought the show called the Pakled ship a Cumship rather than a Clumpship at first.

same

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

punishedkissinger posted:

the whole time they were screaming at each other on the holodeck i was just thinking "oh, they just like fighting with each other dont they"?

Was it the first mention of menstrual cramps and menopause in Star Trek?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Was it the first mention of menstrual cramps and menopause in Star Trek?

I think menopause was mentioned by comparison to Lwaxana's psychic space pheromones or whatever

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
It’s extremely Gene to come up with “menopause, but it makes you even hornier”.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I figured Star Trek technology would have smoothed menstruation out incredibly. Teleport cups, uterine enhancers, idk

I'm picturing the Riker poop comic but replace the poop with a bucket of Ro Laren's Bajoran Hypermenses

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Brawnfire posted:

I figured Star Trek technology would have smoothed menstruation out incredibly. Teleport cups, uterine enhancers, idk

I'm picturing the Riker poop comic but replace the poop with a bucket of Ro Laren's Bajoran Hypermenses

Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Brawnfire posted:

:smuggo: in the enlightened future women have evolved beyond caring about these things :smuggo: