Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

She does have a point that if this was the plan, Kenny or Callis could've dropped references to Page here and there. Nothing huge, maybe just Don counting off all the guys Kenny's seen off in his reign.

Kenny did drop a reference to Hangman right before Adam Cole debuted at All Out 2021. "The only people who would ever have a chance of beating me are not here (Hangman), they're already tired, or, they're already dead." Mox also directly referenced him not too long ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

we aren't doing poo poo, Marie.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I would have enjoyed the Elite burying Adam Page more before he came back. Now Page needs to win singles victories against every Elite member (imagine Adam Cole throwing a hissy fit because he lost to Page/Imagine the Matt Jackson v Adam Page singles match) on his route to the AEW title.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I would have enjoyed the Elite burying Adam Page more before he came back. Now Page needs to win singles victories against every Elite member (imagine Adam Cole throwing a hissy fit because he lost to Page/Imagine the Matt Jackson v Adam Page singles match) on his route to the AEW title.
isn't that bryan's gimmick now?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
https://twitter.com/adamnyeary/status/1446220116094504960?s=21

The replies to this should be worth watching

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/Exployda/status/1446120130707017737

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Coaaab posted:

Adam Page beating Kenny Omega is the path of the beam. Despite the fireworks of Bryan Danielson and CM Punk, Page has to be be the man to pin Omega. Page, as champion, defending against Bryan and Punk is just:vince:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I meant fighting the Elite one at a time

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1446226841182695438

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I would like to see Ospreay wrestle those guys .

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd much rather see Takagi wrestle them.

Coaaab posted:

What if more than one story could happen concurrently though

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Every time I see it I'm reminded how much I hate that belt.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

fake IWGP belt.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

will i dont think it counts if its second hand embarrassment from standing next to you while you say something dumb . . .

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

can't help but notice that this particular flavor of wrestling boomer always waits till they're no longer an active wrestler to publicly say dumb poo poo like this.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Why does he have the old WWE Divas belt?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

can't help but notice that this particular flavor of wrestling boomer always waits till they're no longer an active wrestler to publicly say dumb poo poo like this.
It's the same energy from the types that go "I got hazed in the frat, I'll be damned if they stop hazing now" It's really sad and disappointing of Mark to say it

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm guessing Luchasaurus will have some interesting thoughts about this, and he hasn't been shy about speaking up before so I hope he isn't now.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Duke Pukem posted:

Why does he have the old WWE Divas belt?

You wisely haven't been following New Japan since the pandemic, I see. That's the IWGP Title.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

You should probably watch the top of New Japan bigger events. It's still very good. If you haven't seen Shingo Takagi's 2021 then you have deprived yourself of the best wrestler in the world.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The G1 (with one exception) has been better than it had any right to be looking at the participants list

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

tbf there were people basically saying this during his promo in the Dynamite GDT thread this week (the "wrestling fans one month later" meme, that is)

I think some people were saying it the second time he did a promo (maybe not on these forums though)

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i’m pretty tired of it. do a storyline already dude

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

You should probably watch the top of New Japan bigger events. It's still very good. If you haven't seen Shingo Takagi's 2021 then you have deprived yourself of the best wrestler in the world.

I'm watching Maki Itoh matches though :confused:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

sticklefifer posted:

What if more than one story could happen concurrently though
Bryan issued an open challenge to any member of the Elite in order to get to a rematch with Kenny Omega. Kosmo Gallion was saying Hangman should defeat each Elite member in singles on his path to the AEW title match even though he can already directly challenge Omega any time. Personally, that kind of booking feels redundant

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Spermgod posted:

i’m pretty tired of it. do a storyline already dude

Personally, I'm fine with the dude that's been gone for seven years taking his time and cutting babyface promos while doing matches with younger guys to help elevate them, instead of just jumping headlong into a full-blown program after being back for less than two months :shrug:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/thelouisdangoor/status/1446427639045148689?s=21

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

The punch had a delayed lethality. It didn't kill Braun until June of this year.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I Before E posted:

You wisely haven't been following New Japan since the pandemic, I see. That's the IWGP Title.

:eng101: Technically that's not the IWGP title, that's Billy's fake title that's just an exact copy of the IWGP title held by Shingo because they're doing the 'Will never lost the belt' gimmick.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Oh goody now I have two belts to hate!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Isn't Will Ospreay an enormous piece of poo poo IRL?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

both fake belts

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

lmao.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Elephant Ambush posted:

Isn't Will Ospreay an enormous piece of poo poo IRL?

Just a regular piece of poo poo. Like most people on this god forsaken rock

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Stand by this. I've given 2 ***** ratings in 2021, Takagi vs Okada & Takagi vs Ishii. Plus 4 more at 4.75. He's been untouchable imo, much like Go was the clear WOTY in 2020 for me.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/p1_alex00/status/1446529603011584031
https://twitter.com/kamp_du/status/1446517823107383298
https://twitter.com/ryanluvewhiskey/status/1446484194859835394

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

thats the stuff

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

"Not even Bischoff was this bad" LOL

Yeah, not the guy who called Vince out personally on TV to show up to fight him on a PPV and gave away his results every other week. Definitely not.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Stand by this. I've given 2 ***** ratings in 2021, Takagi vs Okada & Takagi vs Ishii. Plus 4 more at 4.75. He's been untouchable imo, much like Go was the clear WOTY in 2020 for me.

So the thing is, I'm not doubting that, to you, Shingo Takagi has had the best year as a wrestler.

also:

yea ok posted:

thats the stuff

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Vince McMahon created professional wrestling. He invented it. It didn't exist at all before him. He made it up in the 1980s. He said "Hey, what if we had two guys mimicking fighting in a ring but put stories and characters behind it?" True visionary, that man. Nobody had thought of it before.