Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Frankston posted:

Can someone explain the Newcastle can thing to me please

It's because Newcastle is an anagram for Canwestle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Also remember that nobody who's any good wants to live in the north-east, to the extent that Roy Keane had a moan on tv about players wives not wanting to move to Sunderland, and Michael Owen flew to training every day in a helicopter from Cheshire instead

Don't get me wrong, if you can get Brazilians to sign for Dynamo Arstotzka then they'll go to Newcastle (particularly if you tell Adriano that there's a Greggs on every corner), but Mbappe may be less keen

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

and yes I do remember when Ravanelli and Juninho went to Middlesbrough, but there wasn't Google Street View then, so that doesn't count

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

OoohU posted:

Sad that the newcastle fans are thinking it'll be the next PSG/City/Chelsea but in reality it'll probably be closer to Ashton Villa, complete with getting relegated next year and dipping into the championship for a few years before bouncing back up on the backs of a few youth talents or worse off maybe even doing a QPR in that they'll buy overpriced washouts from big clubs give them loads of wages for mediocrity and then when KSA realizes the investment isn't paying dividends left to dither along in mediocrity.

Newcastles training facilities are dogshit, and outside of Allain Saint Maxim so is the team so no top manager will wanna go there (lmao at people thinking Conte or Mourinho will go right now) and no top player either... I reckon they'll bring in AVB, Big Sam, or some former big name player who can't manage like Frank de Boer, Frank Lampard, or someshit. (For a moment, imagine Steven Gerrard, though I guess he's doing alright with Rangers.)

Comedy answer: lighten up and crack open a can

Serious answer: think most Newcastle fans would be fine with more money spent on the training ground, keeping hold of players and not just running the club on fumes for a bit

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I don’t think people understand just how much of a oval office Ashley is

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

FullLeatherJacket posted:

and yes I do remember when Ravanelli and Juninho went to Middlesbrough, but there wasn't Google Street View then, so that doesn't count

Them were the days op :)

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

OoohU posted:

Sad that the newcastle fans are thinking it'll be the next PSG/City/Chelsea but in reality it'll probably be closer to Ashton Villa, complete with getting relegated next year and dipping into the championship for a few years before bouncing back up on the backs of a few youth talents or worse off maybe even doing a QPR in that they'll buy overpriced washouts from big clubs give them loads of wages for mediocrity and then when KSA realizes the investment isn't paying dividends left to dither along in mediocrity.

Newcastles training facilities are dogshit, and outside of Allain Saint Maxim so is the team so no top manager will wanna go there (lmao at people thinking Conte or Mourinho will go right now) and no top player either... I reckon they'll bring in AVB, Big Sam, or some former big name player who can't manage like Frank de Boer, Frank Lampard, or someshit. (For a moment, imagine Steven Gerrard, though I guess he's doing alright with Rangers.)

where is this copy pasted from and also wrong thread.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Seems like a lot of bitter people ITT now Newcastle are cool and good again

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Seems like a lot of bitter people ITT now Newcastle are cool and good again

Looking forward to a couple of comedy 4-3s with your lot

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Total Meatlove posted:

I don’t think people understand just how much of a oval office Ashley is

getting the players off zero-hours contracts will probably do wonders for the club

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

tetsuo posted:

where is this copy pasted from and also wrong thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8fhccACnDY

I'm simply cracking open a can and pouring the gravy.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
If Marcello Lippi and Fabio Capello could go to China for a payday and if Manchester City can throw enough money at people to come to a club that in spite of years of success earns the moniker "The Emptihad," then I think Newcastle's not going to have any problems convincing anyone to go to the northeast if they choose to do the same.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Is there anyone still in China who fancies a go in the prem

Hulk would go down an absolute treat on Tyneside

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Who will be their Robinho?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

the sex ghost posted:

Think Oscar's one of the few that's still there.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

Hulk's tearing up Brazil now. Paulinho recently did a stint at a Saudi club so maybe he would go to Newcastle.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Brendan Rodgers posted:

There isn't a better Newcastle team they can dupe a "Robinho" into thinking he's signing for

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

There isn't a better Newcastle team they can dupe a "Robinho" into thinking he's signing for

The agent could tell him he's signing for Juventus.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

the sex ghost posted:

Can't wait to see where he ends up next. Sports Direct@Pride Park please

https://www.gaa.ie/news/cork-gaa-announce-five-year-sponsorship-deal-with-sports-direct/

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Brendan Rodgers posted:

It’s gonna be Vinicius, I just know it

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Looking forward to a couple of comedy 4-3s with your lot

I'm sure we could do that without the Saudi takeover tbh

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I bet Newcastle could lure Gabriel Barbosa from Flamengo over. Never had a real shot for Inter and was kinda poo poo when he did get his few chances but he’s a monster in the Brazilian league now. That’s the kind of signing I expect them to start with. Give it 4 or 5 years for the real money to start flowing.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

OoohU posted:

Stfu bitch

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Gigi Galli posted:

I bet Newcastle could lure Gabriel Barbosa from Flamengo over. Never had a real shot for Inter and was kinda poo poo when he did get his few chances but he’s a monster in the Brazilian league now. That’s the kind of signing I expect them to start with. Give it 4 or 5 years for the real money to start flowing.

It’ll be money moves for players that Spanish and Italian teams are scared of doing a Donnarumma with, and comedy Arsenal players.

Kroos for £60m, Aubameyang on a free.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vegetable posted:

It’s gonna be Vinicius, I just know it

Vinicius is actually really good though

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

I can already see the Zaha/Kepa/Ake/Soucek/Sterling Summer 2022 transfer window taking shape.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

So many posters appear to be mad, bigly mad, that Newcastle are cool and good and mega rich and their clubs are fail and bad just like them. Many such cases. Sad!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

So many posters appear to be mad, bigly mad, that Newcastle are cool and good and mega rich and their clubs are fail and bad just like them. Many such cases. Sad!

You’ve got my support and my posts on your side my bianconeri comrade

https://twitter.com/realdonagnelli/status/1446233459329019908?s=21

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
We've received iron clad assurances from the PL that KSA will not be involved in the running of NUFC and, furthermore, all the lads PIF sent over passed the O&D test with flying colors. I mean, what more do you want?

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

an_mutt posted:

I can already see the Zaha/Kepa/Ake/Soucek/Sterling Summer 2022 transfer window taking shape.

this is a good list of predictions, remember when man city went through and basically bought 1-2 players from every top half side? adebayor, nasri, milner, lescott, tevez, etc

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Also remember that nobody who's any good wants to live in the north-east, to the extent that Roy Keane had a moan on tv about players wives not wanting to move to Sunderland, and Michael Owen flew to training every day in a helicopter from Cheshire instead

Don't get me wrong, if you can get Brazilians to sign for Dynamo Arstotzka then they'll go to Newcastle (particularly if you tell Adriano that there's a Greggs on every corner), but Mbappe may be less keen

Remember when Tevez decided he hated Manchester weather so went on unofficial strike. It's a lot colder on the Tyne in winter.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EC10 posted:

this is a good list of predictions, remember when man city went through and basically bought 1-2 players from every top half side? adebayor, nasri, milner, lescott, tevez, etc

Roque Santa Cruz and Edin Dzeko are still playing and just waiting for a call

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Total Meatlove posted:

It’ll be money moves for players that Spanish and Italian teams are scared of doing a Donnarumma with, and comedy Arsenal players.

Kroos for £60m, Aubameyang on a free.

This is a good point; I wonder if Kessie would go there.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Sign Aaron Ramsey.

Please

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tetsuo posted:

We've received iron clad assurances from the PL that KSA will not be involved in the running of NUFC and, furthermore, all the lads PIF sent over passed the O&D test with flying colors. I mean, what more do you want?

You'd hope they'd pass the Oppression & Decapitation test.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Remember when Tevez decided he hated Manchester weather so went on unofficial strike. It's a lot colder on the Tyne in winter.

With goosebumps like his I'd be reluctant to play too far north of the equator as well

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

EC10 posted:

Yeah this was basically what I was going for. Soucek would be the one signing who turns out to be useful and good; who would Newcastle's Kompany be? Who's the coolest obscure Football Manager wonderkid defender kicking around right now, Igor Diveev? Josko Gvardiol?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/NUFCAlexxx/status/1446242141093699584?s=20

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
drat. Brave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

How do the daft arabs feel about £2 trebles and big fat tits at sinners can anyone contact them for comment