Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

The game is too good. There are people who should not be playing it but because it is so far ahead of everything in so many different ways they've now spent the last year complaining about the existence of resin. Sad story.

I still have like 50 fragile resin after like 7-8 months of playing so again another "issue" that is apparently killing the game for people that i cant relate too along with "no content". I've heard legend that Ayaka aka The Shredder as I call her has surpassed Ganyu usage in Abyss last month which wouldn't surprise me. They need to have a story that focuses more on her combat side as she's pretty obviously a beast. Eventually the Inazuma cast has gotta be the focus of its own flagship event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I had about 50 fragile resins and I blew through 30 of them getting my main teams assembled and leveled, but it didn't feel like a waste at all. Conversely, it completely feels like a waste when I use them on artifact domains so now I keep them specifically to use on ascension/level grinds.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Nyoro posted:

Hu Tao,

Hu as in "who put me in this coffin"

Tao as in "I have to geT OUt"

remains so funny

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

No Wave posted:

So Hu Tao artifacts, it seems like priority order is:

1.) 4 piece crimson witch
2.) 2 witch + 2Wanderer's/2Millelith
3.) 4 piece heart of depth
99.) 4 piece shimenawa (don't use this)

Is this accurate? I can do a 2Witch2Wanderer easily so I'm hoping it's not too far off from ideal.

4 CW is just a 6% damage increase in her normal setups over 2CW/2 troupe so you should be fine. 4 shim is the most damage you can get out of her CA's but loosing your ult isn't worth.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i spend all fragile resins immediately :v:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I have like 80 resins and just am not using them because going through a couple days' worth of resin to get fuckall is pretty unfun, even at 2 minutes per run.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I used fragile resin to level people up and now I'm sitting on a small stack so I can grind new characters up faster

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Does anyone know if Beidou's burst is considered a shield? Like I'm trying to figure out if tenacity of the millileth's 4-set bonus makes her burst's damage reduction stronger.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Does anyone know if Beidou's burst is considered a shield? Like I'm trying to figure out if tenacity of the millileth's 4-set bonus makes her burst's damage reduction stronger.

Not at C0. At C1 it creates a shield, which, yes, ought to allow Shield Strength bonuses to mitigate incoming damage.

Bloody Emissary fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 8, 2021

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Some rumors are going on about some sort of epitomized path for character pulls with characters added from old banners into it. Specifically characters that have had a second rerun. I was thinking about this before the rumors came out but I would have paired it with a story based chapter buff on the second rerun to entice people to roll on the banner before adding them into the permanent extra banner.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that would explain why theyre giving childe a second rerun so relatively soon after his first rerun. they could rererun venti on the next patch and then launch it.

the leak i heard also mentioned that it'd have its own currency which id be all for if they added some occasional sources of it. being able to slowly roll my way up to venti or whoever would be great.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Some rumors are going on about some sort of epitomized path for character pulls with characters added from old banners into it. Specifically characters that have had a second rerun. I was thinking about this before the rumors came out but I would have paired it with a story based chapter buff on the second rerun to entice people to roll on the banner before adding them into the permanent extra banner.

edit: you mean a 4th banner?

Endorph posted:

that would explain why theyre giving childe a second rerun so relatively soon after his first rerun. they could rererun venti on the next patch and then launch it.

the leak i heard also mentioned that it'd have its own currency which id be all for if they added some occasional sources of it. being able to slowly roll my way up to venti or whoever would be great.

This sounds cool until you realize the BP only gives out new wishes for the standard banner and the new 4th banner.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 8, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

edit: you mean a 4th banner?
Yeah. An entirely new, permanent banner type. Basically a second standard banner but with characters that have been rerun twice that has an epitomized path feature for the characters on it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they still need to make 4* easier to target

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I don't know what this means.

Epitomized path is the weapon banner system. In this case you will choose the character you want from a list of characters available, you will continue to pull on this banner until you get a 5*, at that point if its the one you want the path is done, if you fail to pull the 5* you want you gain a point toward that character. If it follows the weapons system you need to whiff twice before you are guaranteed the one you want.

And yeah a 4th banner

If it runs on its own fates then theres alway a chance that they will double up and provide them in conjunction with the other ones. Its unlikely but who knows, maybe they are generous. Even if they offer 5 in the store with each reset it wouldn't be bad for extra pulls. Add them in as occasional rewards or even add them as extra rewards on the paid battle pass for even more value.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 8, 2021

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

as long as it doesn't take purple wishes, I'm down with a rerun banner

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the childe weapon leaked

seems like itll be decent in general. might be good on fischl especially? depends if it can stack up when shes off the field

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I hate epitomized path but a permanent banner with it is strange and not what it is currently. Assuming it doesn’t get wiped when updated lol. It’d be a much worse rate than limited banners which is funny.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if it works exactly like the weapon banner and you need to roll 3 5* actually hit its guaranteed pity and it resets with the banner change then yea, it's worthless

unless it uses normal wishes or a new currency that you can just sit on until the character you want shows up. then it's merely bad

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Honkai system gave its own tickets for their version of a rerun banner. They also have what is basically the weapon banner, and a weapon+stigma (artifacts) banner on their own separate pity timers.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

that leak isn't from anyone trusted, and also doesn't really make much sense. if they added it after 2.3 with the rules the poster has in place for it, it would just be childe on the banner i think (have any weapons run enough times to even meet the criteria?) it would make more sense for them to add it when more characters meet that criteria.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radical posted:

that leak isn't from anyone trusted, and also doesn't really make much sense. if they added it after 2.3 with the rules the poster has in place for it, it would just be childe on the banner i think (have any weapons run enough times to even meet the criteria?) it would make more sense for them to add it when more characters meet that criteria.
both zhongli and venti had their first reruns at the same time childe did. gorou is a 4*, that much is pretty much confirmed. therefore it seems likely 2.3 could have one new 5* and then a rerun of venti or zhongli with gorou on the banner with them, and then the new banner type could come out with childe and venti/zhongli.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
A banner with the entire geo weapon series??? holy poo poo!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also with weapons, lost prayer has already been run 3 times, and gravestone, amos bow, skyward harp, skyward blade, and the unforged have been run twice, and any one of them (or even multiple of them) could have a rerun in 2.2, let alone 2.3.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

god, imagining them just spinning their wheels on rerun progress (get hosed if you came out after 1.1) to rope people in on a new, shittier banner is so funny (negative)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it seems like something thatd be a benefit in the long term but kind of annoying in the short term

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they would need to do a bunch of really questionable reruns to make this happen. if this was one of the insider leakers saying it id be more likely to believe it but it really sounds suspicious to me. the requirement of having 3 banners is just an arbitrary thing they would be deciding themselves anyways, so "rushing" to get characters to meet that requirement wouldn't really matter when they could just add the banner with whatever characters and then say "from here on out we'll add characters to it when we've run them 3 times."

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Araganzar posted:

My recommendation is get on https://spiralabyss.org/.

thank you. I'm wooting

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean my point is they could do this without really 'rushing.' Childe's 3rd rerun feels goofy but its actually not rushed at all.

Like here's the reruns and how long it was, in days, after their first:

Venti (170 days)
Childe (147 days)
Zhongli (147 days)
Klee (232 days)
Childe 2 (190 days)
Hu Tao (244 days)

And heres the characters who have not been rerun yet and the days since their banner, cutting off after Eula since she's the only one close to being 'in range' based on past precedent.

Albedo (289 days)
Ganyu (269 days)
Xiao (247 days)
Eula (143 days)

It's been 205 days since Venti's rerun. Rerunning Venti would be sort of cutting off Albedo/Ganyu/Xiao, but it wouldn't be entirely out of sorts, and then they could rerun those three in 2.4/2.5. If anything, the real culprits here are Zhongli and Childe's first reruns.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I was frustrated by the hydro hypostasis' final move, it's hard to get all three slimes. But it turns out I can just play as Qiqi and use her burst to get all three instantly

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I hope they re-run Eula in the near future. I was on the fence about pulling for her the first time around, but her synergy with Raiden has put her in must-pull territory for me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bandaid.friend posted:

I was frustrated by the hydro hypostasis' final move, it's hard to get all three slimes. But it turns out I can just play as Qiqi and use her burst to get all three instantly
also amber can just charge shot them.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Endorph posted:

seems like itll be decent in general. might be good on fischl especially? depends if it can stack up when shes off the field

It doesn't seem to be enough of an upgrade to Skyward Harp to really get excited for. The base stats are going to be very close to Skyward Harp and the bonus effect is somewhat marginal for most characters.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I hope they re-run Eula in the near future. I was on the fence about pulling for her the first time around, but her synergy with Raiden has put her in must-pull territory for me.

She's also great for multiplayer because she never really conflicts with anything and she does some major whoop as damage because the enemies are meatier.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

That's a great weapon all around for any kind of carry.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

padijun posted:

thank you. I'm wooting

Nice, I'm glad it was helpful. I don't pay a lot of attention to my namecards but that was one I was really happy to get. I think I left it on my profile for a couple of months. Feels good, huh?

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

bandaid.friend posted:

Despite full ascending a kokomi I still don't know what any of his moves are beyond his first attack because ayaka counters so hard.

https://i.imgur.com/aoYpiRJ.mp4

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

silvergoose posted:

Hu as in "who put me in this coffin"

Tao as in "I have to geT OUt"

remains so funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fetVm8xEoo0

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I wanna roll that Raiden national team that's popular, mine is gonna be
Xingqiu: 4-piece Severed Fate
Xiangling: 4-piece Severed Fate
Bennett: 2-piece Severed Fate, 2-piece Millelith
Raiden: 4-piece Severed Fate

Completing this will have cost me far less resin than I've spent on maiden/VV artifacts while failing to ever find an EM VV artifact. I ran that domain so long I have random VV filler artifacts because I farmed so goddamn many:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Sanctum posted:

4-piece Severed Fate
4-piece Severed Fate
2-piece Severed Fate
4-piece Severed Fate
:smithicide: