Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

sushibandit posted:

Overload comps are only for the pretty explosions and I guess more damage against geo barriers/shields? It's bad. All electro reactions are pretty bad unless you're running a physical dps to get some use out of superconduct.

They really need to let electro stack on itself or something. All electro characters tend to have rapid applications, so let that tie into the element's gimmick by having it buff itself instead of needing a reaction to do so. Maybe stacks of electro could "discharge" to apply a multiplier on the damage of a reaction based on the stacks consumed?

Overload is for making lawnchurls breakdance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

RareAcumen posted:

Also I see little videos like this and I get jealous because I get about 17k from Eula's skill and that's about the most damage I get in general.

If it's any consolation, that took like 8 tries to capture a clip where both crit. Stacking the EM and damage multipliers to reach those numbers sacrifices a lot of C.Rate

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

I have a decent Xingqiu, Fischl, Albedo, and Noelle. Ningguang and Eula are solid and if I swap Eula's artifacts then Chongyun and Razor's good. And I'm just basing that on those being the characters that can go fight enemies and not take 3 minutes to finish a Kairagi battle. I'm missing Yanfei, Sayu, Ayaka, Kokomi, Hu Tao, Qiqi, Childe and Xiao. I just don't really know how to get damage out of people, I'm considering 10k on anyone but Ningguang, Xingqiu and Eula good right now and I'm at WL8. Most everyone's at lvl 70 now, I just don't have enough artifacts for everybody. The spreadsheet tells you good artifact sets but I could use talent and stats too because I'm dense.

How often do you play? How much do you want to play? Are you 100% free to play or do you buy the battlepass? Have you ever done the daily artifact route? Before or after inazuma’s islands were released? Any thoughts on taking it up? There’s actually a decent daily commitment to min maxing the game besides just spending your daily resin.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Oct 8, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

How often do you play? How much do you want to play? Are you 100% free to play or do you buy the battlepass? Have you ever done the daily artifact route? Before or after inazuma’s islands were released? Any thoughts on taking it up? Good artifact stats are one part the rng gi

This is basically the only thing I'm playing. I started buying the battle pass and welkin this year. I get a couple hours before work and use that to take care of commissions and make sure my resin, teapot currency and commissions get done because I don't get back home till it's about to cycle over to the next day. I cannot be bothered to do any artifact route.

I think I'm just gonna start working on having a lvl 17-19 artifact and just keep passing that down through other artifacts and seeing if that turns out well while I'm grinding a specific set.

gandlethorpe posted:

If it's any consolation, that took like 8 tries to capture a clip where both crit. Stacking the EM and damage multipliers to reach those numbers sacrifices a lot of C.Rate

Things tend to die before it finishes anyway, but that's more damage than I see out of Eula's burst most of the time!

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

I have a decent Xingqiu, Fischl, Albedo, and Noelle. Ningguang and Eula are solid and if I swap Eula's artifacts then Chongyun and Razor's good. And I'm just basing that on those being the characters that can go fight enemies and not take 3 minutes to finish a Kairagi battle. I'm missing Yanfei, Sayu, Ayaka, Kokomi, Hu Tao, Qiqi, Childe and Xiao. I just don't really know how to get damage out of people, I'm considering 10k on anyone but Ningguang, Xingqiu and Eula good right now and I'm at WL8. Most everyone's at lvl 70 now, I just don't have enough artifacts for everybody. The spreadsheet tells you good artifact sets but I could use talent and stats too because I'm dense.

The spreadsheet tells you talents and stats as well, even what weapon to use. You can literally build a full character with everything you need.

Your problem is simple, you've completely ignored elemental reactions. 3 of your 4 DPS (Ning, Eula, Razor) are basically non-elemental and Chongyun is no good without pyro support. You have two geo characters in your 4 supports and no pyro. This gives you almost nothing to go on when making a team.

Most likely you just need to level Xiangling to solve your problems.

My recommendation is get on https://spiralabyss.org/. Go to where you can build your own team and put in a couple of your best characters. Begin eliminating characters you don't have and look at the teams it builds.

Here is what I get when I put in Eula and XQ and take out a few of the people you mentioned for floor 11:

You can see every single set of 2 teams has a pyro enabler or DPS. Most of the time the non-pyro side works by enabling Eula (Diona feeds her energy, Diona and ZL shield so she can finish her full burst attack pattern, Fish and ZL both provide defense debuffs, Fish provides DPS support).

This list is very reductive and you'll have to really pare it down by forcing certain characters an removing others but it 100% will give you a team that can pass whatever DPS check you need.

It takes only 10 condensed resin runs to take an artifact to +20 and it takes an average of about 30 condensed runs to get a full set for artifacts for a character that are ATK% sands, elemental% goblet, and crit rate/dmg circlet.

edit: I should have picked a different floor, 11 team comps are also going to be affected by the corrosion effect

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Oct 8, 2021

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Araganzar posted:

The spreadsheet tells you talents and stats as well, even what weapon to use. You can literally build a full character with everything you need.

Your problem is simple, you've completely ignored elemental reactions. 3 of your 4 DPS (Ning, Eula, Razor) are basically non-elemental and Chongyun is no good without pyro support. You have two geo characters in your 4 supports and no pyro. This gives you almost nothing to go on when making a team.

My recommendation is get on https://spiralabyss.org/. Go to where you can build your own team and put in a couple of your best characters. Begin eliminating characters you don't have and look at the teams it builds.

Here is what I get when I put in Eula and XQ and take out a few of the people you mentioned for floor 11:

You can see every single set of 2 teams has a pyro enabler or DPS. Most of the time the non-pyro side works by enabling Eula (Diona feeds her energy, Diona and ZL shield so she can finish her full burst attack pattern, Fish and ZL both provide defense debuffs, Fish provides DPS support).

This list is very reductive and you'll have to really pare it down by forcing certain characters an removing others but it 100% will give you a team that can pass whatever DPS check you need.

It takes only 10 condensed resin runs to take an artifact to +20 and it takes an average of about 30 condensed runs to get a full set for artifacts for a character that are ATK% sands, elemental% goblet, and crit rate/dmg circlet.

edit: I should have picked a different floor, 11 team comps are also going to be affected by the corrosion effect

Hello this is really useful and I will try to add it to the OP when I got time

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://sensortower.com/blog/top-mobile-games-by-worldwide-revenue-september-2021

I kind of figured as much though perhaps not as high as that estimate. I'm shocked that this hasn't found it's way into the online narrative at all. :lol:

Some of the poo poo I'm seeing out there regarding Honkai Star Rail coming out for beta testing and how it's being made to replace the crashing and burning Genshin Impact is some pretty ridiculous alternate reality defining stuff. Game just had it's best month ever in terms of revenue, celebrated it's 1st anniversary and is still readily updating, but some people just won't have it no matter what. Like some people have really convinced themselves that the online echo chamber shitstorm of some redditors and youtubers for a couple weeks surrounding the anniversary event is the absolute reality of what is happening with this game worldwide and internally at MiHoYo right now and are so far off base from what is actually going on that it almost defies words to kind of describe it. Too much viewing the world through social media clearly warps people's brains sometimes.

I don't even know how people are even supposed to theoretically even organize some sort of bloc to get whatever concession out of the company it is that they imagine they want (if that really is the goal) when they barely have a concept of what the situation even is so it's kind of no small wonder there's this communication issue between Mihoyo and some of it's base. They probably have minimal idea what these people are even talking about when they actually do read the feedback.

Kale fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 8, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Araganzar posted:

So do I need to take her talents to level 8 then? It just says which ones to level, but not how far. She's C6 and lvl 70 now. Probably should remember to give her The Catch when I try to use her too.

I'm just trying to get generally as close to every character I use being able to hit at or close to 10k damage like Eula does and so far that's Eula, Razor, Ningguang, Xingqiu's skill, Noelle's burst with geo shred thanks to Zhongli.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is there any way to make multiple purchases in one transaction or am I just doing it wrong? If I want to buy 5 months of welkin blessing, do I need to do the transaction 5 times?

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Lol I clicked off all the people I don’t have and the thing told me that I should only use Mona/Bennett/Diona/XQ

And sometimes Venti/sucrose

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kale posted:

https://sensortower.com/blog/top-mobile-games-by-worldwide-revenue-september-2021

I kind of figured as much though perhaps not as high as that estimate. I'm shocked that this hasn't found it's way into the online narrative at all. :lol:

Some of the poo poo I'm seeing out there regarding Honkai Star Rail coming out for beta testing and how it's being made to replace the crashing and burning Genshin Impact is some pretty ridiculous alternate reality defining stuff. Game just had it's best month ever in terms of revenue, celebrated it's 1st anniversary and is still readily updating, but some people just won't have it no matter what. Like some people have really convinced themselves that the online echo chamber shitstorm of some redditors and youtubers for a couple weeks surrounding the anniversary event is the absolute reality of what is happening with this game worldwide and internally at MiHoYo right now and are so far off base from what is actually going on that it almost defies words to kind of describe it. Too much viewing the world through social media clearly warps people's brains sometimes.

I don't even know how people are even supposed to theoretically even organize some sort of bloc to get whatever concession out of the company it is that they imagine they want (if that really is the goal) when they barely have a concept of what the situation even is so it's kind of no small wonder there's this communication issue between Mihoyo and some of it's base. They probably have minimal idea what these people are even talking about when they actually do read the feedback.
there's a small contingent of people utterly convinced that genshin impact is some kind of ponzi scheme to support the thing they actually care about, honkai impact.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Is there any way to make multiple purchases in one transaction or am I just doing it wrong? If I want to buy 5 months of welkin blessing, do I need to do the transaction 5 times?

yeah you need to buy it five times. there's no 'buy this one thing 5x' or 'buy this, this, and this' options.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i got 100k mora, that's like two free leylines 👍

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Araganzar posted:

I did this for floor 12 and eliminated every non-free character (except for Noelle, but I feel she counts as free) and it just gave up. Every other floor had at least one result. :lol:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the starting characters are very unpopular for people recording their abyss runs, even if some of them are arguably useful in a lot of teams. like people running diona AND zhongli with elua is just silly, kaeya would be infinitely more useful there.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I guess it means no one has 3 starred with Noelle+Kaeya+Xiangling+Lumine+Barbara+Amber+Lisa. It's kind of surprising no one has pulled it off with 5 star weapons just for fun, Noelle+Lumine should have no trouble with side 1 and Xiangling/Kaeya/Lisa/Amber isnt the worst team in the world. This is an especially brutal abyss for it though.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

So do I need to take her talents to level 8 then? It just says which ones to level, but not how far. She's C6 and lvl 70 now. Probably should remember to give her The Catch when I try to use her too.

I'm just trying to get generally as close to every character I use being able to hit at or close to 10k damage like Eula does and so far that's Eula, Razor, Ningguang, Xingqiu's skill, Noelle's burst with geo shred thanks to Zhongli.

I wouldn't focus on 10K at all, a character that does 10 2k hits in the same time as another character does a single 10K hit is doing twice the damage. If you use one of the recommended weapons from the spreadsheet and build your artifacts to the main stats recommended on the spreadsheet you do not have to worry about how big your numbers are.

XL should be fine with a catch with level 70 and talent level 6 on burst and skill. If you don't have her c3 and especially her c4 you might have to take her to 80 and take her burst to 8.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

RareAcumen posted:

Honestly, it looks like you just need more good artifacts. Go grind artifacts for your favorite character for like a month. If you don't have a specific domain in mind, do the Severed Fate domain. Hand off their old artifacts to your other characters. The starting point is a set of level 20 5-star artifacts with Attack/Elemental Damage/Crit main stats, and remember that substats and artifact levels are generally more important than set bonuses. During my first 9-star Abyss 12, my Childe was using 2 HoD/2 Wanderer's, and my Albedo was using 2 Thundering Fury/2 Blizzard Strayer.

Actually, there's another concept that people don't generally talk about it too much. You should figure out roughly which percentage of your team's damage comes from which character/skill. It's WAY too much information to talk about quickly, but here's the TL;DR. In most teams it's a single character, and sometimes a single skill, which does the VAST majority of the team's damage. If you want to clear high level content efficiently, it's better to hyper-invest in a single unit, and prioritize the skills that contribute the most damage. So, in a Eula team, priority 1 is getting to 80/90, talents 9/6/9 (skill does comparatively little damage), 70/140 crit ratio, max level 4 Pale Flame, and max level weapon. THEN you can start to build Fischl/whatever your electro character is. Same for Xiangling. Level 80/90, talents 1/6/9 (actually 1/9/12 at C6, but you know what I mean), 70/140 crit, max level 4 Severed Fate, and max level The Catch. THEN you can start to build Xingqiu and your other support. That thing people used to say about people clearing abyss with a level 70 Diluc and level 1 Xingqiu isn't a myth, it's actually "optimal" if you want to clear as fast as possible.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Pyronado is the best ability to crown in the game in terms of what % of a typical comp's damage is based on its multiplier. I still havent done it because 700k is a lot of mora. But I will, some day!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

I guess it means no one has 3 starred with Noelle+Kaeya+Xiangling+Lumine+Barbara+Amber+Lisa.
no, they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTlOTvf2nMk

That site isn't pulling data from the game, it's user-submitted. Just because something doesn't show up there doesn't mean it's impossible or no one's done it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sorry, I meant 3 starred any specific chamber in the 2.2 abyss (and uploaded the data).

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

I guess it means no one has 3 starred with Noelle+Kaeya+Xiangling+Lumine+Barbara+Amber+Lisa. It's kind of surprising no one has pulled it off with 5 star weapons just for fun, Noelle+Lumine should have no trouble with side 1 and Xiangling/Kaeya/Lisa/Amber isnt the worst team in the world. This is an especially brutal abyss for it though.

Yeah the system is dependent on self-reporting which means you get a lot of bias introduced especially since they say on the site they have a lot of trouble getting data from Western players. I generally use it on floor 9 and 10 because it's easier than looking through the monster list and figuring out if I need pyro or electro or what.

I'd say it's useful for players that in theory have the teams to clear abyss levels but haven't done it yet but I'd also say the usefulness of it drops precipitously the closer to floor 12 and the closer to free to play you get...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That guy I linked will probably do it at some point, or someone else - tbh a video of it might already exist. There's a few people on youtube doing that gimmick.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Envi will never be able to do it. He tends to have two minutes or less remaining when he finishes floor 12 with the base 7. You'd need 5 star weapons and godly artifacts to have a chance at 3 starring 12-3 in any abyss with lum/noelle and kaeya/amber/xiangling/lisa, and this one specifically is borderline impossible. Next one might be more feasible but still super hard.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Next one will add Aloy to the team, won't it? Or is she not permanent?

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Pyronado is the best ability to crown in the game in terms of what % of a typical comp's damage is based on its multiplier. I still havent done it because 700k is a lot of mora. But I will, some day!!!

You're right and she deserves it for all of her hard hard work in the abyss let's do this

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Radical posted:

the starting characters are very unpopular for people recording their abyss runs, even if some of them are arguably useful in a lot of teams. like people running diona AND zhongli with elua is just silly, kaeya would be infinitely more useful there.

Hey can you expound on this? Given that one of my teams is, basically, Eula/Diona/Zhongli/Fischl, and I find Diona's healing to be useful because even with ZL's shield I'm so lovely I get hit a lot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Diona also makes shields so Zhongli + Diona is a bit overkill. Kaeya gives more damage and better cyro application. If it's working for you though/you don't feel like raising Kaeya don't worry about it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

He could use aloy next abyss exactly, but he only uses characters during their release window (for the youtube videos). Like Fischl, Diona, etc have also been free but the idea is clearing the current abyss with a set of characters that anyone watching the video would have ti be able to own.

He hasnt put real effort into improving the no wish clears for a whole tbh and there are players with much better base 7 clears out there at this point. Envi's account itself is pretty weird because he's wished quite a bit (he's up to 10 5 stars?) but people keep gifting him primogems using third party sites so he still has 80k genesis crystals.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 8, 2021

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Endorph posted:

Next one will add Aloy to the team, won't it? Or is she not permanent?

Aloy will release for PC players in 2.2, but she will stop being available in 2.3

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

silvergoose posted:

Hey can you expound on this? Given that one of my teams is, basically, Eula/Diona/Zhongli/Fischl, and I find Diona's healing to be useful because even with ZL's shield I'm so lovely I get hit a lot.

well, if you dont have other characters raised it is what it is. if you're losing the zhongli shield a lot though it sounds like your rotation is slow, which probably means you don't have enough energy regen to get eula's burst up and have to fill a lot. in that case you might actually be better off running the 3cryo eula team if you have any other cryo characters built and don't want to fix eula's stats (this also depends on what you're currently running on diona though, specifically if you don't have sac/favonius on her and could be using those.)

for the abyss stats though it kinda drives me nuts because most of the people on that site are pretty dedicated players and that team has really poor synergy and times. diona and zhongli are basically fulfilling the exact same role so diona is only there to provide a small amount of energy for eula to burst. either swapping out diona for an offensive cryo character or swapping out zhongli for beidou (even against kenki this should be a gain for damage, maybe not if you don't have c6 on her i dont wanna think about the math.)

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Diona and Zhongli's shield are redundant because shields do not stack in value just elemental type reaistance, but Diona's energy generation with a Sacrificial Bow is way higher than Kaeya's.

Kaeya will provide much more damage relative compared to Diona, but most of the damage on that team is coming from Eula so it's not really worth all that much.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

People tend to get really hung up on sac bow diona because they don't notice Favonious Rosaria for some reason. But for that comp most players like having a healer. (Rosaria can replace ZL in that comp at C6 too which is really cool!)

EDIT: If I pull Hu Tao, I will be leveling a THIRD deathmatch to 90.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 8, 2021

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

you can also use fav sword on kaeya (i have a million of the swords but have never seen the spear version drop) if you're running zhongli.

eula teams are super flexible since you're locked out of VV and can't effectively use cyro resonance currently. pretty much endless potential as long as you're able to meet her burst requirements.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

I've decided to make it my goal to crown Xiangling's, XQ's, and Bennet's ults simply because I like my Raiden national team so much, and I've never done any of their final ascensions.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I've decided to make it my goal to crown Xiangling's, XQ's, and Bennet's ults simply because I like my Raiden national team so much, and I've never done any of their final ascensions.
I'm doing all of them + Raiden because those 4 stars are all OP and Raiden keeps gaining energy refund all the way up to level 10.

Others I'm hoping to do are Beidou Q and Ayaka Q, Albedo E, and finally Noelle normals (unless Itto completely obsoletes her). I'm only 5 million mora short of affording it all!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

there's a small contingent of people utterly convinced that genshin impact is some kind of ponzi scheme to support the thing they actually care about, honkai impact.

yeah you need to buy it five times. there's no 'buy this one thing 5x' or 'buy this, this, and this' options.

Yeah I've seen that. Some of the narratives are just wild man, its again like at best a very narrow perception of reality based on limited experiences they've had in some online places or just totally based on nothing tangible at all. I'm just kind of reading honkai and playing Genshin and will probably look at Star Rail when its out because I guess i don't internalize everything as a zero sum game where one of the titles they are working on has to fail somehow for something else to succeed. In their world I guess Genshin hasnt had so much as an update or event in months and moonlight merriment never happened nor is 2.2 coming out next week. :shrug:

The thing for me again is just how polar opposite and stark the reality of Genshin in September was for Mihoyo versus the way the vocal part of the English community sees it. Like in the latters mind it was a terrible month for Mihoyo and Genshin where the playerbase stuck it to them by spamminga bunch of Qiqi emotes and bad Google Play reviews and "owned" some VAs into having to suspensd their social media accounts in a sign of its imminent demise, while for Mihoyo and financial analysts it was an all time bonanza.

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Oct 8, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The game is too good. There are people who should not be playing it but because it is so far ahead of everything in so many different ways they've now spent the last year complaining about the existence of resin. Sad story.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hu Tao,

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nyoro posted:

Hu Tao,
I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So Hu Tao artifacts, it seems like priority order is:

1.) 4 piece crimson witch
2.) 2 witch + 2Wanderer's/2Millelith
3.) 4 piece heart of depth
99.) 4 piece shimenawa (don't use this)

Is this accurate? I can do a 2Witch2Wanderer easily so I'm hoping it's not too far off from ideal.