Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

honestly i'm surprised she managed to get the global tax done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
rick wilson says a sources tells him subpoenas won't be enforced

libs cope by saying you should trust the plan

everyone subpoenaed says they won't comply

zero math being done here

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

My life hasn't improved in any way after the American rescue plan so why should I vote for dems

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmao just remembered people praising Biden for cutting child poverty in half despite the lynchpin of the claim (the $15/hr) hadn't even loving passed yet.

It's also pretty loving stark how little that gets used anymore.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Somewhere in Amazon's legal department: "Hey Bob, what's Portuguese for 'COME AND TAKE IT'?"

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Lmao just remembered people praising Biden for cutting child poverty in half despite the lynchpin of the claim (the $15/hr) hadn't even loving passed yet.

It's also pretty loving stark how little that gets used anymore.

They edited the report to say that $15/hr doesn’t matter, we did the math, no you can’t see it. Lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Judakel posted:

It wouldn't surprise me at all, but Rick Wilson has been completely full of poo poo in the past. Remember in 2016 when he was the guy who was like "I know about this story that's going to completely sink Trump's campaign. It's coming out any day now!" for months and after the election he was asked about it and just was like "Oh yeah, it never came out"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

will this actually have any real impact

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

PostNouveau posted:

It wouldn't surprise me at all, but Rick Wilson has been completely full of poo poo in the past. Remember in 2016 when he was the guy who was like "I know about this story that's going to completely sink Trump's campaign. It's coming out any day now!" for months and after the election he was asked about it and just was like "Oh yeah, it never came out"

i have no doubt he could be, but if people keep telling the committee to go gently caress themselves, i'd say it is pretty obvious

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Good soup! posted:

will this actually have any real impact

depends on enforcement

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

honestly i'm surprised she managed to get the global tax done

That needs to pass domestically?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Good lord was she stupid.

Oh? Let's see YOUR report card, smart guy!

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

They edited the report to say that $15/hr doesn’t matter, we did the math, no you can’t see it. Lol

god this poo poo was so good. I think it was the d&d 2k checks thread where the usual suspects were tripping over each other to clarify that no NO they took out the minimum wage and it didn't even change anything no one needs a minimum wage thing its fine its good actually no you're wrong

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

docbeard posted:

CSPAM: Better Known For Other Work

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

Oh? Let's see YOUR report card, smart guy!

Well, didn't get my job by pretending to be a native American. So, guess I can't be that bright.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm just googling poo poo, but apparently this minimum tax only applies to companies with more than $868 million in annual revenue, and for the US to join, the Senate has to approve the treaty with a 2/3 majority.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

docbeard posted:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

docbeard posted:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Judakel posted:

surely the mattering is at hand....

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

The Pussy Boss posted:

I'm just googling poo poo, but apparently this minimum tax only applies to companies with more than $868 million in annual revenue, and for the US to join, the Senate has to approve the treaty with a 2/3 majority.

I'm sure they'll get around to that right after rejoining the ICC

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Someone brought up Elizabeth Warren so it had to be posted:

https://twitter.com/_pem_pem/status/1237357428599074816?t=dQPNKQ6kLHh1DAqjZfYcBw&s=19

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

still blows my mind how multiple people got through that process without considering for a moment how the finished product would look

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

PostNouveau posted:

Also random third guy (Howard Schultz?) jumping in between them because he was just so happy to meet Bernie Sanders.

Howard Schultz dropped out almost immediately and hated Bernie, it was Tom Steyer who was still one of the weirder people in that primary, never totally understood what his ambition for it was other than "midlife crisis."

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

it was so cool how elizabeth warren invented the color light blue

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

It would appear the Chair of the Redistricting committee in Virginia just quit
https://twitter.com/vaplan2018/status/1446532170181484547 https://twitter.com/vaplan2018/status/1446549040309678085

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

People who can't pass the "don't eat a cookie for 1 minute and you will get two cookies" test:

Small children
None too bright larger children
Democrats

that test is racist bullshit that only a democrat would use as a metaphor to try to own someone. welcome to the party!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nichael posted:

it was so cool how elizabeth warren invented the color light blue

Liberty green fool

The color of the rotting copper on the Statue of Liberty

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Liberty green fool

The color of the rotting copper on the Statue of Liberty

it's so cool how elizabeth warren invented the statue of liberty

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

corrosion that covers up purity so thoroughly, to the point where people confuse its superficial appearance with the substance itself, is entirely on brand for Warren

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

it's so cool how elizabeth warren invented the statue of liberty

Not as cool as it would have been when she replaced it with Big Structural Bailey.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

docbeard posted:

Not as cool as it would have been when she replaced it with Big Structural Bailey.

Bigger Structural Bailey's penny honkers would have been gigantic and majestic, visible from space

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

loquacius posted:

Bigger Structural Bailey's penny honkers would have been gigantic and majestic, visible from space

:chloe:

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

Howard Schultz dropped out almost immediately and hated Bernie, it was Tom Steyer who was still one of the weirder people in that primary, never totally understood what his ambition for it was other than "midlife crisis."

Steyer’s most endearing quality was his desperation to be Bernie’s friend despite being repeatedly and publicly shunned by him

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

that test is racist bullshit that only a democrat would use as a metaphor to try to own someone. welcome to the party!

The thing I like about this test is that, as far as I know, the researchers never studied how many of the kids had been lied to and jerked around in the past, and thus had no reason to believe that researcher would actually give them two cookies if they didn't eat the one.

Extrapolate this stupidity out, and you have those rationalist weirdos arguing about Pascal's Mugging, where you should just give your wallet to the mugger if he promises to return the next day with a high enough amount, when any rational person would look at the situation and say "Look, it doesn't matter if he promised to come back with $100 or $100,000, we both know he isn't going to meet you back here tomorrow. You're never going to see this guy again. You have better odds of winning the lottery."

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Grapplejack posted:

depends on enforcement

in other words, no

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Toph Bei Fong posted:

The thing I like about this test is that, as far as I know, the researchers never studied how many of the kids had been lied to and jerked around in the past, and thus had no reason to believe that researcher would actually give them two cookies if they didn't eat the one.

Extrapolate this stupidity out, and you have those rationalist weirdos arguing about Pascal's Mugging, where you should just give your wallet to the mugger if he promises to return the next day with a high enough amount, when any rational person would look at the situation and say "Look, it doesn't matter if he promised to come back with $100 or $100,000, we both know he isn't going to meet you back here tomorrow. You're never going to see this guy again. You have better odds of winning the lottery."

also the stanford marshmallow test was originally designed to study willpower, the idea being that kids that scored better would later be seen to have better life outcomes

but instead what they inadvertently ended up observing and describing were the effects of socioeconomic conditions upon those children, which was clarified and confirmed by the later reproductions of the study

calling it explicitly racist is a really weird take though

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
what was explicitly racist was the milgram experiment - their original hypothesis was that german people were basically genetically predisposed to fascism lol

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

There is a strong and good point she is so close to making but she takes the wrong turn.

Remember how in 2010 they said the same thing and that Democrats won't have a shot until 2020 to turn things around?

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

What the hell is wrong with getting straight C's?

The issue isn't the grades, it's that legacy assholes take limited positions that should go to students that worked harder and desperately want the spot even if their grades and standardized test scores aren't top notch.

Plus there is huge grade inflation from certain schools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1446550768421642241