Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rascyc posted:

Never realized how popular the Lost Children music track was until I went looking up OGs music on youtube today.

it slaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Kitfox88 posted:

It just added trains, which is to be fair a very important addition

GaoGaiGar has a train in it iirc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mightgaine came out before gaogaigar, but otoh i think there were train transformers before mightgaine

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Did those train Transformers combine and also use train themed attacks? :colbert:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Also, were they already in SRW?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Kitfox88 posted:

Did those train Transformers combine and also use train themed attacks? :colbert:

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Raiden

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

And also

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sixtrain

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Raker brothers came before MG and are part of the same franchise.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
dlc leaked
https://twitter.com/GTora_Art/status/1445766544730902531

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

uh that's not my machine to thrash my own rear end at all

edit: make queen's giant robot dlc though i wanna flip kick dudes tia

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Hell yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcriL-biJII

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
New update on the site.

https://t.co/2TjqsXUEIp?amp=1

Playthrough by one of the VAs (Lian Amberd, the operator of the OG battleship) while talking to Terada. This is just the first part, and it seems to be the start of the game, so we're starting off fighting Zanscare in space.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It looked like there was a choice on whether to start on Earth or in space with different initial series in them.

I’m still not sure on the designs of either main character. Neither one feels very standout to me.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Definitely changing Edge's last name to "The Hedgehog" and his nickname to "Ow, The Edge" and hoping he's actually pretty normal or even upbeat.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Ethiser posted:

It looked like there was a choice on whether to start on Earth or in space with different initial series in them.

I’m still not sure on the designs of either main character. Neither one feels very standout to me.

That's right. I skipped past that part.

I dunno, I think they're both very nice looking. Edge has that scarf I like and Az's hair really gets me. I like the blue to green part of it.

Divine Beast is a real banger of a tune as well.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I just hope the proper OG unit that replaces XXXbein looks cool.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
What I want to know is, where's the Grungust 30? It served the exact same purpose in SRW4, just on the super robot route, seems a little unfair not to give it a redesign (besides, there's two protagonists here, gotta have something for the other one to pilot when they're inevitably added to the OG series).

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

EclecticTastes posted:

What I want to know is, where's the Grungust 30? It served the exact same purpose in SRW4, just on the super robot route, seems a little unfair not to give it a redesign (besides, there's two protagonists here, gotta have something for the other one to pilot when they're inevitably added to the OG series).

Ah, yes, but Grungust is a generic super robot

Huckebein is a Gundam Knockoff, and thus more important.

Also I guess Huckies got banned for a while so they're cooler to have around.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

EclecticTastes posted:

It's the battleship, duh. Not a chance in hell this thing doesn't go Valstork on us.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Probably, but I wouldn't turn down a Grungust-like forming its head.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

As much as I want it too, I just can’t see how the battleship would transform. The hull look like one seamless piece with no obvious points where it would break apart into a human shaped form.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

EclecticTastes posted:

Terada likes to attack me, personally, which is why there's no Grungust 30, why we've never had Grungust Zan in a SRW game, and also why the Chokijin destroy at least one Grungust every time they show up in an OG game.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Kanos posted:

Terada likes to attack me, personally, which is why there's no Grungust 30, why we've never had Grungust Zan in a SRW game, and also why the Chokijin destroy at least one Grungust every time they show up in an OG game.

Now to be fair, I am like...95% certain that no Grungusts were harmed in the making of OGG and MD. And I am 100% certain that, even if the Grungust Type-3 was harmed in the making of 2nd OG, it was still useable to the end of the game and returned for MD.

Granted, 2nd probably didn't feel like destroying a Grungust when it destroyed every Huckebein except the 009 (which got turned into an Exbein anyways) and the MP Huckebein.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Inferno-sama posted:

Now to be fair, I am like...95% certain that no Grungusts were harmed in the making of OGG and MD. And I am 100% certain that, even if the Grungust Type-3 was harmed in the making of 2nd OG, it was still useable to the end of the game and returned for MD.

Granted, 2nd probably didn't feel like destroying a Grungust when it destroyed every Huckebein except the 009 (which got turned into an Exbein anyways) and the MP Huckebein.

They cannibalize the Type Two to make the Ryujinki, which is then absorbed into the Chokijin in 2nd OGs.

You get a Type Two in MD(2 on NG+), but the crime has already been committed.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I am glad we don't have the Gungrust in 30 because it is ugly and unpleasant to look at.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zore posted:

I am glad we don't have the Gungrust in 30 because it is ugly and unpleasant to look at.

So is this game's Huckie, to be fair.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Zore posted:

Mods? Mods???

chiasaur11 posted:

So is this game's Huckie, to be fair.

The Huckebein 30 is extremely impressive because I think it's the ugliest original they've designed in at least a decade. Even the caution tape aesthetic is basically just the Exbein Ashe except uglier and worse.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I like the Gespensts.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I'm still half-expecting the giant XXX on the eyes of Huck 30 to pop off and create a sick-looking (read: silly-looking) knuckleduster as a mid-game weapon unlock.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Definitely changing Edge's last name to "The Hedgehog" and his nickname to "Ow, The Edge" and hoping he's actually pretty normal or even upbeat.

He seems to be kind of a snarky character from what little dialogue of his I've seen, and his character description in-game describes him as, like, a 'troublemaking drifter' who 'hides his sharp eyes behind a slacker aura' or something along those lines. I dunno if that counts as edgy or just kind of dorky (assuming there's even a delineation between the two, really). At any rate, he seems more upbeat than Az, whose profile implies that she's gone through some poo poo before the game begins.

chirico cuvie fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 9, 2021

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
If we're talking expectations, what about some of the new series?

For Majestic Prince, we're obviously going to get the six main pilots. I imagine we'll get ----Randy----- in a unit with the others as an attack of some nature. I wonder if it'd change main pilots to Rakesh later or if they'd just let you save all of them?

I also imagine Teoria will be a usable character in some capacity?

Knights and Magic you'll obviously get everyone shown so far, but I imagine we pretty much get all of the Order of the Silver Phoenix, so Edgar, Dietrich and Helvi.

Gridman I'm a little disappointed everyone seems to just be attacks, but maybe they'll surprise us somewhere along the lines.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Ethiser posted:

As much as I want it too, I just can’t see how the battleship would transform. The hull look like one seamless piece with no obvious points where it would break apart into a human shaped form.

Maybe, but it couldn't more clearly have a face

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

chirico cuvie posted:

He seems to be kind of a snarky character from what little dialogue of his I've seen, and his character description in-game describes him as, like, a 'troublemaking drifter' who 'hides his sharp eyes behind a slacker aura' or something along those lines. I dunno if that counts as edgy or just kind of dorky (assuming there's even a delineation between the two, really). At any rate, he seems more upbeat than Az, whose profile implies that she's gone through some poo poo before the game begins.

That would make me pretty happy if true because I love those character types.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Eeevil posted:

Maybe, but it couldn't more clearly have a face

You know, those "eyes" actually look a lot like the shoulder/chest pieces of the Grungust. Given the color scheme, it might not be too out-there to imagine that the ship is in some way meant to be a successor to it, whether it transforms/separates or not.

Reiska
Oct 14, 2013

EclecticTastes posted:

I dunno, most signs seem to point to OG being killed off after one more game (and it still being a little questionable if that one gets greenlighted).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theye said theyre already working on the next og game. and also they just said itd wrap up the current og arc. they could easily start a new og series with different characters.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Crisis on Infinite OGs

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Reiska posted:

I dunno, most signs seem to point to OG being killed off after one more game (and it still being a little questionable if that one gets greenlighted).

Considering the reason why they have so many OG units in 30 is because they want to use the OG sprites they had made since for the next OG game cuz it won't be for a bit, it sounds like they definitely intend on more OG games.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r9Sd19w6XI Part 2 of the playthrough is up now.

EDIT: Man it sure is weird that they haven't shown off any of SRW30's music yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

There's like two weeks left!!