Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

ots hosed up that they ibclude an opyion yo change it in the menu but its greyed out and inaccessible. gently caress you lovely euro port devs!

Dude are you channeling Lyle's spirit with these typos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fungah! posted:

ots hosed up that they ibclude an opyion yo change it in the menu but its greyed out and inaccessible. gently caress you lovely euro port devs!

lmao that's awesome

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

they turned me into a troll, Morty!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fungah! posted:

in the ntsc version you can change it but it actually makes things more confusing somehow.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the info, I am gonna buy Dark Souls for the Switch. I've never played it before but yeah it being on a handheld console really makes the difference to me

Long live Nintendo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Thanks for the info, I am gonna buy Dark Souls for the Switch. I've never played it before but yeah it being on a handheld console really makes the difference to me

Long live Nintendo

ganbare. dark souls is epic

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

i switched a nd b on my phone in honor of the lovely port

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
https://twitter.com/StepNya/status/1446235383818244098

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/StepNya/status/1446235403636314117

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmfao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Luigikid Gaming

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
In case anyone cares or was curious, I took a pic showing the difference in black levels between the old switch and new one

Also the screen is now glass which I didn't see mentioned anywhere before. I like it a lot! Thank you Nintendo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat that looks nice...

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
yeah, that's sick. deciding if i want a 2dsxl or a switch or never spend money again.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Ni no kuni looks so epic on it, it really is a big difference (even though I always thought the original Switch had a very good screen)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In case anyone cares or was curious, I took a pic showing the difference in black levels between the old switch and new one

Also the screen is now glass which I didn't see mentioned anywhere before. I like it a lot! Thank you Nintendo

your purple joycon is cool

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

I'm never not amazed by that stuff in OLED screens. Never gets old.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

scary ghost dog posted:

I did up my whole Switch like that and I wonder if the transparent back panels fit on the OLED one

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/StepNya/status/1446235389346422792

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

scary ghost dog posted:

Thanks, I picked that color because it reminded me of the Gameboy color

I did it really because I wanted a true d pad and it's great for that. But I had both joycons in the purple shells and I noticed in mario Kart I would accidentally pause all the time, turned out holding it too tight would hit the start button because the plastic is lovely, so I just use it on the left joycon and I even put back in the back of the left joycon with the stock shell because it feels much higher quality

So long story short if you ever want to do it, basically throw out everything except the left front half lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Thanks, I picked that color because it reminded me of the Gameboy color

I did it really because I wanted a true d pad and it's great for that. But I had both joycons in the purple shells and I noticed in mario Kart I would accidentally pause all the time, turned out holding it too tight would hit the start button because the plastic is lovely, so I just use it on the left joycon and I even put back in the back of the left joycon with the stock shell because it feels much higher quality

So long story short if you ever want to do it, basically throw out everything except the left front half lol

theres a local video game store near me that sells custom joycons like those but theyre like $80 for a set so i only look at them and wonder

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

scary ghost dog posted:

theres a local video game store near me that sells custom joycons like those but theyre like $80 for a set so i only look at them and wonder

80 for a pair isn't a bad price unless they're junky refurbs

If you want to do it yourself it's pretty simple, I think the only real stop gap is getting the right tools for it but Amazon sells a kit for 15 bucks that will open any Nintendo system

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Long live Nintendo

dark souls rules. Enjoy gamer

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I didn't want the oled before but now I do

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's $350 lol

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Tender Bender posted:

I didn't want the oled before but now I do

This is why I never regretted buying either of my LG OLED TV's in spite of how expensive they were compared to MUCH cheaper options*.

* In terms of the highest end TV's, there IS no "cheaper option" outside of opting for a 55in instead of 65in+ sized TV or a previous Gen model.

OLED looks absolutely biblical in terms of the picture quality especially the black levels. It's actually kind of hard to go back after seeing the sheer difference in quality.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Vita gamers have known this for drat near a decade. Glad the Nintendo kids have finally caught up.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Vita gamers have known this for drat near a decade. Glad the Nintendo kids have finally caught up.

first time Vita gamers have ever wanted kids to get older

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Yeah bro, looks great! :rolleyes: :laugh:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lol

NienNunb