Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Davros1 posted:

A Most Wanted Man?

Yeah this is it, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bewilderment posted:

Yeah this is it, thanks.

Funny thing is, someone asked about that very same film just a month earlier!

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
I'm looking for a cartoon from the 80s or 90s where a scene takes place inside the statue of liberty. I think it's while it's being built or renovated.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Boz0r posted:

I'm looking for a cartoon from the 80s or 90s where a scene takes place inside the statue of liberty. I think it's while it's being built or renovated.

Probably An American Tail, check out around 1:00

https://youtu.be/kXvNxXDDHSY

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Is there a movie with the tagline «Terror from beyond the grave»?

This is all I know.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

uncle blog posted:

Is there a movie with the tagline «Terror from beyond the grave»?

This is all I know.

From Beyond The Grave is a horror anthology movie from Amicus, and Australian horror movie Kadaicha had the tagline "Cast from beyond the grave". But I can't think of anything with that specific tagline - although it's too obvious not to have been used by someone.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Anyone know the name of a movie where some kid goes into their backyard and I think there’s a time lapse and they meet an alien or something? They gain telekinetic powers and there’s a scene with a basketball going back into the rim after bouncing out. That’s all I remember from the movie. It's either an 80s or 90s movie but I recall the quality looked 80s.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Chill la Chill posted:

Anyone know the name of a movie where some kid goes into their backyard and I think there’s a time lapse and they meet an alien or something? They gain telekinetic powers and there’s a scene with a basketball going back into the rim after bouncing out. That’s all I remember from the movie. It's either an 80s or 90s movie but I recall the quality looked 80s.

This sounds a bit like Making Contact (aka Joey).

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
What movie is the sample from? https://destryur.bandcamp.com/track/death-mask-4

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Guns, Girls, and Gambling, which is a third rate Tarantino wannabe that has enough name actors in it to make me think somebody called in some owed favors. Whole movie is on youtube.

https://youtu.be/5CBv7xN2tQM

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Origami Dali posted:

Guns, Girls, and Gambling, which is a third rate Tarantino wannabe that has enough name actors in it to make me think somebody called in some owed favors. Whole movie is on youtube.

https://youtu.be/5CBv7xN2tQM

Oh. I thought it was some supernatural vampire flick I hadn't seen yet. Probably not going to watch this, lol.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Origami Dali posted:

This sounds a bit like Making Contact (aka Joey).

Thanks I’ll take a look. Someone was telling me i might be conflating two different movies, one of which is flight of the navigator. I’ll watch that and Joey and see.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Well I can't believe I just watched all of that guns girls and gambling movie, but I did.

And actually quite enjoyed it.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

regulargonzalez posted:

Movie wherein a character who is an actor or musician is approached by a female fan who, sobbing, tells him "I love you". He disentangles himself while saying "you barely know me" or "you don't even know me".

It's possible that the genders should be reversed.
Is this Scott Pilgrim? I can't picture the scene exactly, but Scott disentangling himself from Knives while she freaks out and gushes feels like a thing that happens.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Funny thing is, someone asked about that very same film just a month earlier!
And I did not even recognize from their description that we were looking for the same movie!

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Trying to remember the source of a scene, probably from a horror movie, of someone ripping a piercing out of a teenage punk's face. Lots of blood. Can't really remember if it was a lip or nose or ear piercing. Might have happened in a grocery store? I think it was brightly lit. Might have been aliens or shapeshifters involved?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

VROOM VROOM posted:

Trying to remember the source of a scene, probably from a horror movie, of someone ripping a piercing out of a teenage punk's face. Lots of blood. Can't really remember if it was a lip or nose or ear piercing. Might have happened in a grocery store? I think it was brightly lit. Might have been aliens or shapeshifters involved?

Disturbing Behaviour?

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Nailed it. It was a grocery store! I forgot about the rest though :stare: at least I remembered something was up with the aliens guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynNeX9fSXiA
I think I've had that one rattling around for years, thank you!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Slugworth posted:

Is this Scott Pilgrim? I can't picture the scene exactly, but Scott disentangling himself from Knives while she freaks out and gushes feels like a thing that happens.
Haven't seen it in a good while but enough times that I don't think it does.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

VROOM VROOM posted:

i never saw it but i think Land of the Dead has a girl with a belly piercing

i doubt this is what you saw but fwiw in the Demolitionist Nicole Eggert gets her nose ring (or earring?) torn out which is her shotgun scene since it's a robocop knockoff

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://c.tenor.com/dckYVJGsr9wAAAPo/ketchup-catsup.mp4

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
This is a weird one. Asian movie. Probably Japanese but my memory of it isn't super clear.

In the scene i remember a group of young boys cut school and get some food but then have no money to pay for it. One of them is head and shoulders taller than the rest and seems to have some developmental disability in my memory of it. Might even be related to his size. Older but hanging out with kids. One of the other boys rifles through his pockets looking for money to pay for the food and says "Whats wrong with you! Your pockets torn and youre not wearing any underwear." The big kid was also wearing coveralls with no shirt on underneath I think.

I think it was a Sandlot type "kids have a relatively mundane adventure scaled up into a crazy tale" kinda kids movie. I liked it a lot at 11-12 when i saw it. Oh and it was dubbed but by kids with the proper accent just speaking english.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Slugworth posted:

I don't think this is it. I think it might be Lost in Translation* but I don't have a copy to check and it's not streaming.

*For how much buzz and cultural cachet this movie had when it came out, it sure faded into irrelevance. I've heard more praise for, say, I <3 Huckabees in the last couple of years then for LiT

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I'm trying to remember a film I tried to watch a couple of years ago but fell off. It was a western, Japanese or Korean movie that I think was made during the 80s or 90s that had these colorful, super stylized sets and costumes that looked very theatrical. Not a lot to go on but I hope this rings a bell for somebody because this it driving me nuts.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

I'm trying to remember a film I tried to watch a couple of years ago but fell off. It was a western, Japanese or Korean movie that I think was made during the 80s or 90s that had these colorful, super stylized sets and costumes that looked very theatrical. Not a lot to go on but I hope this rings a bell for somebody because this it driving me nuts.

Hero is from 2002 and is Chinese rather than Japanese or Korean, but does make a lot of use of vivid colours, so maybe that?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Nevermind, I misread.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Wait, do you mean that the genre was a Western (cowboy) movie and that it was Japanese or Korean, in which case the only thing that jumps to mind is The Good, The Bad and The Weird (and its definitely not Hero), or do you mean that you dont know if the movie was made in the west, japan or korea, and didnt specify a genre, in which case I stick by my wild punt at Hero.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

SiKboy posted:

Wait, do you mean that the genre was a Western (cowboy) movie and that it was Japanese or Korean, in which case the only thing that jumps to mind is The Good, The Bad and The Weird (and its definitely not Hero), or do you mean that you dont know if the movie was made in the west, japan or korea, and didnt specify a genre, in which case I stick by my wild punt at Hero.

Along similar lines my first guess was Ran (1985) which also hits everything but "western".

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Sukiyaki Western Django ticks most of the boxes but was released in '07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-TGaGa3QAc

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

I know it's not 80s or 90s but this sounds like Tears of the Black Tiger, which definitely could be mistaken for 80s or 90s.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I remember seeing some episode of a TV show in like, the 90s, which I think was some kind of soap maybe like Beverly Hills 90210, and there was some hearththrob guy, a kind of Luke Perry type I think, who was dating multiple women at the same time, and any time any of them asked if they were definitely the only woman he was interested in he'd say 'What do you think?' and that was it. And then I think eventually they caught him and his hijinks were over.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Gonna guess Bunraku
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1181795/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

codyclarke posted:

I know it's not 80s or 90s but this sounds like Tears of the Black Tiger, which definitely could be mistaken for 80s or 90s.

I was going to suggest that too.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

codyclarke posted:

Bingo. Looks like I just got the country and year it was made in wrong.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
I've been trying to find a Japanese horror movie I watched sometime around 2006 or 2007. I think it was about a girl who saw dead people. I only remember a few scenes. One is the girl in the back seat of a car, and a dead girl with a braid or pony tail is in the seat next to her, seemingly looking out the window, but when she turns both sides of her head are the back of her head. The other scene is people splatting on to the pavement after jumping off a building (possibly a hospital), and their ruined bodies still being animated and looking at her. There is also a scene where she's waiting for a bus and thinks she sees a dead person, but its just a kid with a hoodie up and earbuds in. All these scenes take place at night.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

1970s(?) - unsure but would place closer to late '60s than early '80s if pushed

Children's live action film, like when Disney was making GBS threads them out.

An Asian truancy patrol worker struggles to get an ethnically-diverse and mischevious band of kids to attend school, rather than hang out on inner city streets.

The kids get the best of the driver, avoiding capture, until the job is on the line. The kids then rally together and make it look to local education board officials that the truancy officer is doing a great job. It is a touching heartwarming and humorous moment.

The truancy patroller wears a beige boiler suit and drives a dark green van with white writing on the side.

It was seen on daytime (weekend?) TV in the 90s, and it was clearly very old by then.

The details above may be wrong, so please suggest flexibly.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

simplefish posted:

1970s(?) - unsure but would place closer to late '60s than early '80s if pushed

Children's live action film, like when Disney was making GBS threads them out.

An Asian truancy patrol worker struggles to get an ethnically-diverse and mischevious band of kids to attend school, rather than hang out on inner city streets.

The kids get the best of the driver, avoiding capture, until the job is on the line. The kids then rally together and make it look to local education board officials that the truancy officer is doing a great job. It is a touching heartwarming and humorous moment.

The truancy patroller wears a beige boiler suit and drives a dark green van with white writing on the side.

It was seen on daytime (weekend?) TV in the 90s, and it was clearly very old by then.

The details above may be wrong, so please suggest flexibly.

Return from Witch Mountain, I think.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Chairchucker posted:

Return from Witch Mountain, I think.

Holy poo poo I think that might be it

Wiki tells me the Asian character's called Yo-Yo and when I read that it rang a bell

Plus Goolge images is showing me a green van of the correct era

And blonde kid looks real familiar

Plot seems different though - a scifi kidnap? - but my memory is the weakest link here.

Will check it out further - thanks!

simplefish fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 26, 2021

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I watched it semi recently on Disney Plus because I had to watch Escape to Witch Mountain, the movie to which it is a sequel, for extremely important nostalgia reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

Flakey posted:

I've been trying to find a Japanese horror movie I watched sometime around 2006 or 2007. I think it was about a girl who saw dead people. I only remember a few scenes. One is the girl in the back seat of a car, and a dead girl with a braid or pony tail is in the seat next to her, seemingly looking out the window, but when she turns both sides of her head are the back of her head. The other scene is people splatting on to the pavement after jumping off a building (possibly a hospital), and their ruined bodies still being animated and looking at her. There is also a scene where she's waiting for a bus and thinks she sees a dead person, but its just a kid with a hoodie up and earbuds in. All these scenes take place at night.

I'm 99% sure this is The Eye 2 - Hong Kong rather than Japan, but the rest fits. The other films in the series are well worth checking out if you liked this one.