Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
This must be your first wipe. If you think zabralos are opportunistic gouging wait until you start hitting the flea market for gunsmith quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Copper For Lyfe posted:

You need two for a ragman quest, one >50% and one <50%.

Finding one under 50 is much harder. They don't have to be found in raid, hence people selling them on the flea. I got mine at a "steal" for like 1.8 mill. They been like 3m+ forever

That's why you wear one into raid and let your friend shoot you with a makarov until its under 50

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Dr. Clockwork posted:

This must be your first wipe. If you think zabralos are opportunistic gouging wait until you start hitting the flea market for gunsmith quests.

Second wipe, but I've usually found that Gunsmith tasks usually either pay for themselves or have very little loss just buying everything off the flea thanks to the bitcoins/decently selling stuff they give.

Sew It Good 3 is just a neat example of supply and demand, I thought.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I've lucked out with gunsmith. I pretty much extract with whatever gun parts I find. A few I've gone to check the flea, seen the crazy price then checked the wiki and seen I should hang onto it for when I get around to pumping some gunsmith quests.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I've had at least two key parts for Gunsmith in my stash and not noticed before buying them again off the flea, but on the other hand it's the bulk of my experience gain between 20 and 23, which puts me right on Therapist LL3 and never needing to carry haemostats or aluminum splints in the strongbox.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Tarkov Shooter part 3 is such bullshit that I'm starting to question if I really need Jaeger LL3. My dogtag has become the town bike as I cause >200 damage to body and score more hits than I fire shots yet 50-50 die in someone's SMG firehose or leave without seeing another PMC. Sitting at 1/3 after 20 runs and I'd probably have a better chance doing Shoreline bullshit solo.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

Tarkov Shooter part 3 is such bullshit that I'm starting to question if I really need Jaeger LL3. My dogtag has become the town bike as I cause >200 damage to body and score more hits than I fire shots yet 50-50 die in someone's SMG firehose or leave without seeing another PMC. Sitting at 1/3 after 20 runs and I'd probably have a better chance doing Shoreline bullshit solo.

I had trouble when I was trying with the m700 and sv98. I found using the stubby Mosin works well in factory as you can sit closer to the wall to hold angles where the other bolt actions seem pretty unwieldy. But yeah also gotta get pretty lucky with how geared enemies are.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Oberez Mosin on Factory is indeed the way to go.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

conversely I’ll say “gently caress mosins,” the secret is using a bare VPO-215 with .366 AP ammo on factory, it’s dirt cheap to run it back however many times you need, factory tends to have a reasonable number of naked people even with the changes (though your experience will vary based on time into the wipe, idk how it is right now), and .366 AP does a much better job OHKing people’s torso though moderate armor than any of the 7.62x54R ammunition

the quest is still obnoxious mind you, but this makes it fairly easy to bang out via sheer attrition even if you’re having a bad day

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Interesting; some youtuber said the Obrez Mosin didn't count but that might have been a few patches ago. I've just done other quests in the meantime, and since I still have to kill 5 more in the Factory office for him I could buy myself some tank armor and go in with a PP-19 or MPX instead.

I appreciate the advice everyone :unsmith:

LGD posted:

conversely I’ll say “gently caress mosins,” the secret is using a bare VPO-215 with .366 AP ammo on factory, it’s dirt cheap to run it back however many times you need, factory tends to have a reasonable number of naked people even with the changes (though your experience will vary based on time into the wipe, idk how it is right now), and .366 AP does a much better job OHKing people’s torso though moderate armor than any of the 7.62x54R ammunition

the quest is still obnoxious mind you, but this makes it fairly easy to bang out via sheer attrition even if you’re having a bad day
I fought one truly naked PMC who charged me with a knife after everyone else was already dead (one from my Mosin headshot) but because I was wearing PACA he couldn't do anything once past my 8ft barrel. I had a KATT and made short work of him once I decided shooting wouldn't work.

I'd say the ratio of Rats to Robocops was about 50-50 until I started this quest at which point everyone bought an MP7 or SNB and a wallhack. In one match I ate two AP-20 slugs through class 2 and somehow lived to extract.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 29, 2021

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
My Mosin carbine and Press armor came back on insurance this morning, so I slapped on a Texas muzzle break I found yesterday and got it done against:

2) a guy who forgot he had a grenade at camera bunker within the first minute of the match
3) the worst player I have ever seen pack flechette ammo... and he hit me with it, too.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

LGD posted:

This is the correct answer. Plus if you take a Obrez it's 100% going in someone's backpack, while no-one is gonna let a beaten up VPO take up a weapon slot.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
The VPO is also cheaper and easier to slap a holo/scope on than anything involving dovetails, which eat rear end.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Seems like BSG just posted a strong rebuttal of the single player mod.

BSG posted:

Escapers,

For a while now we have been aware of the existence of third party software that allows you to modify your Escape from Tarkov copy to be playable in a manner not intended by the developers. This type of software has been found to be against our License Agreement. We would like to remind everyone that:

1. When you pre-order Escape from Tarkov, you are not purchasing the software. What you are purchasing is a license to install and use the software as regulated per the License Agreement.

2. The use of any third-party software that allows you to replace, override or modify any existing game client files or data in the memory is a direct breach of the License Agreement, as stated in section 4.2.

3. There are no officially approved "mods" or "single-player modes" for Escape from Tarkov. The use of third-party software claiming to be a "mod" may put your account at risk. We can't guarantee such software is harmless, and most likely it has been made to pirate the game and/or aid in cheat development.

4. Advertisement of such software, or other software that infringes on the copyright of BSG by using audio-visual elements, images or other intellectual property present in Escape from Tarkov may be subject to actions against your account.

Please make sure you have read and understood the License Agreement and avoid using any third-party software in relation with Escape from Tarkov. 

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/legal/license_agreement_en.html

Keep your account safe and good luck in your raids! @news

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
gently caress em. Glad I got my SPTarkov all set up and complete. Never going back to multiplayer again anyways.

Feel bad for the SPTarkov devs, they seem like a cool group.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

quote:

1. When you pre-order Escape from Tarkov, you are not purchasing the software. What you are purchasing is a license to install and use the software as regulated per the License Agreement.

Pretty sure this is, in fact, not the case in the EU and I think also the US now? Software houses have been going the route of "It's a service not a good!!" for 15 years now but multiple high courts have struck back at this.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

NJersey posted:

gently caress em. Glad I got my SPTarkov all set up and complete. Never going back to multiplayer again anyways.

Feel bad for the SPTarkov devs, they seem like a cool group.
What's the appeal of playing the game alone? Scav turkey shoots are nowhere near as exciting.

It is funny to see them play the copyright card when Tarkov is a firearms manufacturer lawsuit feeding frenzy in the making.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
They actually pay gun manufacturers for licensing tho

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Shumagorath posted:

What's the appeal of playing the game alone? Scav turkey shoots are nowhere near as exciting.

It is funny to see them play the copyright card when Tarkov is a firearms manufacturer lawsuit feeding frenzy in the making.

If I want to play with other people I can fire up real tarkov, which rarely happens. Being able to completely customize the game from ai behavior/spawns, custom gun mods, customizing loot spawns, etc is pretty great. Plus 0% chance of hackers or servers being poo poo.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

ChesterJT posted:

If I want to play with other people I can fire up real tarkov, which rarely happens. Being able to completely customize the game from ai behavior/spawns, custom gun mods, customizing loot spawns, etc is pretty great. Plus 0% chance of hackers or servers being poo poo.

This pretty much covers it. I play tarkov for the gun play and playing gun barbie. I can actually experience all the games features tailored to my liking instead of wasting hours in real tarkov. Plus, you can barely tell the difference when you have the ai settings setup right.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Kikas posted:

They actually pay gun manufacturers for licensing tho
That's actually shocking, but then again I should be used to this game doing things triple-A studios can't get right.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 9, 2021

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Working through Punisher Pt. 6 and losing funds because I lose SVD's a bit too often. Lost two in a row this morning and dipped below two mil, which is kind of my frugal point.

Decided to wind down with a quick Scav Factory Raid, make a quick buck. 3 seconds into the raid, I haven't even taken a step, a chadboi turns the corner right into me, and without even registering I tap him I the face with my FAL.

Completely meta'd out SVD and a full Lvl5 armor set with all the fixings.

"Just what I ordered!"

(I lost it to a stealth raiderscav 6 minutes into the next raid. Tarkov giveth, Tarkov taketh away.)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ChesterJT posted:

NJersey posted:

This pretty much covers it. I play tarkov for the gun play and playing gun barbie. I can actually experience all the games features tailored to my liking instead of wasting hours in real tarkov. Plus, you can barely tell the difference when you have the ai settings setup right.

u can just say you get merked its ok lol

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
pirated the game with the singleplayer mod and it worked perfectly, would do it again. gently caress the russian chuds

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Stux posted:

u can just say you get merked its ok lol

lol, ok gamer

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Apparently the game crashing upon completion of a quest is a known bug that they're "working hard to resolve" according to the support team. It's also entirely a server side bug that cannot be fixed by anything the player can do. I've tried reinstalling, verifying cache, setting servers to auto, etc. Seems like it's a bugged out player profile and can't update when the client sends the "quest completed" info to the server.

I've had to quit the game after the past like 20 or so quests, it's really getting annoying.

At least everything else seems to be working fine and I've been having pretty good luck in raids lately.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

pirated the game with the singleplayer mod and it worked perfectly, would do it again. gently caress the russian chuds
What makes them chuds? All I see is they made a game you jumped through hoops to pirate.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 29, 2021

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
If the Tarkov AI was a bit better I could definitely get around a single player version. Shooting other players is absolutely the highlight of the game but there's still a fun game even without that.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Killa and Tagilla are almost as fun to fight as other players, hackers or no, but it just happens to me far less often. I learn from every bad beat versus a player in a way I haven't been motivated to do since Demons' Souls / Dark Souls PvP.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
What the gently caress is with traitor scavs today... 3/4 runs I've died to one and given up a labs card and GP coin in the process. The 4th was a PMC who I thought would be more than tickled by 9x18 full-auto.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Shumagorath posted:

What the gently caress is with traitor scavs today... 3/4 runs I've died to one and given up a labs card and GP coin in the process. The 4th was a PMC who I thought would be more than tickled by 9x18 full-auto.

I got killed by two on interchange recently but most of the time they're all friendly.

Those two were being especially bullshit about it because one of them started shooting at my feet/head with full auto to get me to shoot back before the other one killed me when I returned fire.

I just try to avoid groups of pscavs now.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
The latest patch fixed that dumb quest bug for me.

Also, holy poo poo they streamlined everything, it's so much faster for all the trader items to load in this patch when compared to the rest of this wipe.

I played about 6 raids last night and all of them took like <2 mins to join.

Im glad they focused on a bunch of optimizations, it was definitely overdue.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

abigserve posted:

If the Tarkov AI was a bit better I could definitely get around a single player version. Shooting other players is absolutely the highlight of the game but there's still a fun game even without that.

The latest patch apparently did a bunch of stuff with the AI apparently. My group was in Customs and we came up against an AI scav that behaved a bit differently (I thought it was a player for a moment). Not sure if that was a placebo effect because of the patch notes but I want to do some Offline testing to check.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Im glad they focused on a bunch of optimizations, it was definitely overdue.

Same but the I hope the next engine update doesn't break everything. :ohdear:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Same but the I hope the next engine update doesn't break everything. :ohdear:

I think you will find that if you look into your heart you will know the answer to that.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Found Reshala and his goons in a weird place, near the Scav CP/Admin gate. Worked for me since I managed to take half of them from the sniper rock overlooking new gas, but wasn't aware they ever showed up there. Was that in patch notes recently?

DrHammond fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 19, 2021

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

The small hut/trailer between the Rocks and Checkpoint are one of the spawns for Reshala and the Zavodskys. Usually when they are there you can find them in the little gully below the rocks just West of New Gas. Nothing new there

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
West or Customs West :pseudo:

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

TheTofuShop posted:

The small hut/trailer between the Rocks and Checkpoint are one of the spawns for Reshala and the Zavodskys. Usually when they are there you can find them in the little gully below the rocks just West of New Gas. Nothing new there

Well I'll be damned, three wipes in and I've only ever seen them at dorms, new gas, or stronghold. It took me by surprise, I had one kill left on Jager's quest to hunt reshala's guards in police shirts. I heard so much commotion in dorms that I figured they were there, and didn't really have the gear to want that hotness. Hanging out on sniper rock, minding my own business, take a pot shot at a scav and I got the quest completion message? Works for me! Pulled a nice AK, golden TT, bunch of good ammo, and a lab's key card for my trouble.

After a whole weekend of terrible runs, still losing an embarrassing amount of SVD's hunting for both killa and PMCs on interchange, had a few really good custom runs today. Finished punisher part 6. Still need killa though!

I'm finally done running SVDs thank god, I know they can be meta, but I've been flubbing with them left and right. I've got MP5s, HK416s, and a few decked out AKs all sitting in my THICC Case, and I finally get to start running them!

This is the farthest I've ever gotten into a wipe (lvl 41) and I got to say I'm having a great time! No traces of gear fear left in me, finally have enough functional map knowledge and awareness to not get constantly dunked on and occasionally pull off a dunk, managing solid (though not great) liquidity and cash flow, still not terribly great at head-on PVP but manage to pull some IQ plays every now and then and have decent enough fundamentals to come out on top often enough.

My current hotness is scavving factory between each raid. If there's still PMCs on the map running headlong towards them, and having pretty good success loving them while they're distracted by all the other scavs. I've managed to pull out some pretty nice chad loadouts. Otherwise hitting what loot I can, and extracting with a quick and easy 100 to 200k rubles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Shumagorath posted:

West or Customs West :pseudo:

Dorms is south