Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

GDN was apparently a Nazi infested place, and when discovered they nuked GDN.

I didn't see gdn specifically, but thadeus melting down I did watch. And that was an amazing experience. It is the reason there are 3 threads for new world btw. First was the pre-release stuff. Second shortly after launch and then the ensuing meltdown. And then the 3rd is everyone getting back to playing the game. There are still some bits coming back, but it is all just fun and jest at the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Pansy is still a thing in tanks as well as other goon clans that refuse to leave their clans for lore reasons., Which is ok because the Pansy Discord is still populated by pretty much every goon who still plays tanks.

We have kinda opened up to friends / non goons into joining us but we are nowhere close to doing clan stuff. We still invite people from Discord to platoon even though its usually the same few folks who participate in voice chat.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

Pansy is still a thing in tanks as well as other goon clans that refuse to leave their clans for lore reasons., Which is ok because the Pansy Discord is still populated by pretty much every goon who still plays tanks.

We have kinda opened up to friends / non goons into joining us but we are nowhere close to doing clan stuff. We still invite people from Discord to platoon even though its usually the same few folks who participate in voice chat.

PANSY is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people here. In PANSY you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the PANSY motto, for example, that's how laid back it is here. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

JuffoWup posted:

Did it use gdn or was run by thadeus thales? Because TT apparently had a full meltdown and deleted all his discords. I'm also hearing someone say rip gdn, but don't know the story there.

yeah was run by TT rip :( gonna miss the 3 guys that i poo poo posted with daily there lol, im relieved to know that i didn't get banned for my last posts in there.

e: got reunited with em in a new one made by the general

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 7, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Another of those nights where I seriously wonder why I even play this game. There's been one game where I could have theoretically affected the outcome, and six complete loving steamroller losses where Jesus himself couldn't have helped anything.

E: seven steamrollers. By the time I'd reached the NW corner on El Hallouf in my TNH 105 it was 0-4.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 7, 2021

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

the TT meltdown in the new world thread was 1000x more entertaining than new world

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
The 11-hit minimum for Steel Wall is a bit silly. You should get one by default when you bounce a shot from a JPzE100 and two shots from a T30 in your tier 8 tank... :colbert:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

T-44-100, was that supposed to be good? They're selling it on the EU servers now along with the Offspring tank.

E: lol 40€ for the cheapest T-44 package. gently caress off, Wargaming.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
T-44-100 is a very good medium for a lot of reasons. Im phone posting but the general idea of that tank is that it has incredible versitality and can be anywhere it wants so long as you play support.

The gun is average and to me its turret isnt that great. It has good side skirts so you can maybe side scrape. But your speed and dpm is what makes you shine.

It is however blind. So bring a crew with view range to kinda offset it.

Edit. If you play against tier 9s and X. Good luck. Its not great against them.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It isn't blind. 380 m is standard for tier 8.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Maybe its not blind and i might be dumb. Whoops.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Just a reminder that this is still ~a thing~ and the codes are good until 2/28/22: https://www.verizon.com/gaming/world-of-tanks/

And you can also double-dip if you're a FiOS *and* VZW subscriber.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Hey old timer vets. How long has wargaming been dragging people by the nose about the sturmtiger? I recall there was a shed with the model hidden in it as an easter egg at one point. But yet, it never arrived.

Instead the console team are doing it.
https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/sturmtiger-line/

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

Hey old timer vets. How long has wargaming been dragging people by the nose about the sturmtiger? I recall there was a shed with the model hidden in it as an easter egg at one point. But yet, it never arrived.

Instead the console team are doing it.
https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/sturmtiger-line/

I had to look it up (on the official wiki) because I couldn't remember the name; it was Severogorsk.

Anyways, the Sturmtiger line looks ridiculous but possibly fun as gently caress, but would be awkward in PC WoT, both due to the recent HE nerf, but also because fuckoff-alpha HE shells are what they're trying to transition away from (e.g. the 183.) But they might be fun to play in a special event or something like that!

Also, looking at the removed maps on the wiki made me a little nostalgic for some of them. I could go for some Dragon Ridge, Port, Sacred Valley, or South Coast. Obviously they were more or less removed for being unbalanced in some way, but other than that it would be nice to take them for a spin again for old time's sake. :shobon:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/Mz4D0ay.mp4

Bonus
https://i.imgur.com/qBN1iii.mp4

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

You tried :smith:.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I am extremely liking the Indien-Panzer. Are the Leopards like it, but better? Or do they pull an E50 again where your fun second line snipers suddenly turn into something else at T9?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I am extremely liking the Indien-Panzer. Are the Leopards like it, but better? Or do they pull an E50 again where your fun second line snipers suddenly turn into something else at T9?

Same playstyle plus you can run around like a jerk and have more camo. Also they make the Indien feel like total garbage in comparison.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Both Leopards are leagues better than the Indien-Panzer.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I swear to god if you two are just trying to trick me, I will be very upset.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I swear to god if you two are just trying to trick me, I will be very upset.

I think this is one of my highest damage games I have ever done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaWdGuxbWJw

When this line first came out, I used to laugh because they are supposed to be papery, but their gun handling at t9 and t10 is just amazing. They snipe better than e-50 line do it honestly.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
I am surely destined for the darkest depths of hell, but it was worth it.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
im not really that great again yet but i had a good ebr game http://wotreplays.eu/site/6039730#lakeville-turmoilx-panhard_ebr_105

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I think I liked the Indien-Panzer as well (after I got everything maxed out), but played very few games in it due to 5x. The Leopards are great if you like playing the early game support sniper role with a really accurate gun with good pen, then late game bully with your full HP.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

i lost https://imgur.com/a/97IwF8j

at least i finally got an ace in it, not easy

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 10, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

gently caress. Just... gently caress.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Im a bit torn whether to go down the E50 line or the Leopards.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Leopards.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

skaianDestiny posted:

The Leopards are more applicable to the current meta. The arty/HE nerfs were a huge buff to lightly-armored tanks.

The only thing the E50s excel at are if you really, really, REALLY like to ram poo poo at high speeds.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

skaianDestiny posted:

As someone who initially went up the E50 line, I can't recommend them. The whole idea of a "brawling medium" is kinda dead in the 2021 meta, especially one with German style flat armour panels. So you can't do that, and instead you have to try to be an opportunist ambusher (which autoloaders can do so much better) or a sniper (which apparently the Leopards can do a lot better).

If you do go up the E50 tree, I'd recommend stopping at T9. The E50M is essentially the same tank, but a tier higher. I'm probably gonna sell my E50M tbh since it's not any fun at all to play.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The only thing the E50s excel at are if you really, really, REALLY like to ram poo poo at high speeds.

Sold! :getin:

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Turmoilx posted:

i lost https://imgur.com/a/97IwF8j

at least i finally got an ace in it, not easy

That's a lotta goose eggs from tanks which should not have goose eggs.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

About 70k out of 178k done towards the Leopard PT A. Temptation to use fragments... rising. The Indien-Panzer isn't a bad tank by any means but the T8 situation is kinda rough, because I'm facing T9s and T10s very often, and the Indien-Panzer struggles in those games.

E: I don't have enough universal fragments (Impossible! WG told us we're drowning in them and CRYING out for less of them!) to skip the whole thing, just to slice 40% off the top.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 11, 2021

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

As someone who initially went up the E50 line, I can't recommend them. The whole idea of a "brawling medium" is kinda dead in the 2021 meta, especially one with German style flat armour panels. So you can't do that, and instead you have to try to be an opportunist ambusher (which autoloaders can do so much better) or a sniper (which apparently the Leopards can do a lot better).

If you do go up the E50 tree, I'd recommend stopping at T9. The E50M is essentially the same tank, but a tier higher. I'm probably gonna sell my E50M tbh since it's not any fun at all to play.

Look at this bad opinion.

The tier 9 is the best tier for tier in the line though.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Just a reminder that this is still ~a thing~ and the codes are good until 2/28/22: https://www.verizon.com/gaming/world-of-tanks/

thank you for this

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Did they change the transmission box on the e-50? That was literally the only difference from the e-50 to the e-50m. E-50 had a front transmission hit box that counted towards the engine while the m model dropped it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Captain Blaargh posted:

Look at this bad opinion.

The tier 9 is the best tier for tier in the line though.

I'm gonna be honest: my opinion is probably just a bit soured by the E50M. I vaguely remember having a good time with the E50.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The E50 is a good and fun tank in my experience, but I have actually never bothered to get the T10.

Basically all it got was better ammo but I think after the balance pass they gave it even better armor than the T9? Did they touch its DPM at all though?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

BadLlama posted:

thank you for this

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm gonna be honest: my opinion is probably just a bit soured by the E50M. I vaguely remember having a good time with the E50.

The big thing with the E50M is it's not a massive upgrade to the E 50. It's still an upgrade but a lot of that gets balanced away with the even more tier X it sees. You end up needing to be more careful than you expect.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Thanks from me too! Just switched to verizon for my phone and thought it was already over.