Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Platystemon posted:

They’re in the red circle.

Interestingly neither seem to be present on the other old maps of the North, they tend to cut off just past the mountains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Fashionable Jorts posted:

40ks setting is basically anti-fascist satire, so if you chisel it away you're left with an empty husk of nothing.

Which is what they've been doing for the last few years with the newer editions and it fuckin sucks.

I think it's not been really "satirical" for at least a decade and a half. Maybe longer. I don't think we can simply declare it "satire" and have done with it when the majority of people are taking it as a serious "cool and good" view of Fascism

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think it's incorrect to paint europe as some utopia. I lived in a very nice part of Zurich (which is basically all parts of it) for a couple years and there are still extremely petty people wanting to cause drama over every little thing, they just do it in a different way than americans. I've had people literally dig through my trash and confront me about throwing something out that was recyclable.

Still a nice place, but the USA isn't unique in having lovely/annoying people.

I wouldn't say that it's a utopia here but it's a lot "quieter" here than in the US.

Really though it's about things just being generally positive here instead of just constant, unrelenting negativity. It may just be where I live but compared to where I moved here from (the suburbs of DFW) the difference is night and day.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If you don't recycle something recycleable, you're poo poo. Oh I just wanted to kill the planet a bit and some SWISS GUY got all pissy about it. Man this sub-continent sucks!

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

There's always a big debate when this comes up in florida facebook/nextdoor groups. One camp says it's fine, the louder camp says it's illegal and if you feel the need to put hazards or slow down on the interstate when you can't see 5 feet in front of you you shouldn't be driving.

I think they made it legal to put your four ways on when driving in Florida last year.

You're supposed to put your headlamps on in a storm so your tail lights are on but people never seem to remember unless it's a bad enough storm to block out the sun.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
America is an empire in flames, filled to the brim with extremists on all sides.

Clearly what you need is a new civil war, clear the air a little :grin:

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If you don't recycle something recycleable, you're poo poo. Oh I just wanted to kill the planet a bit and some SWISS GUY got all pissy about it. Man this sub-continent sucks!

In North America, recycling is a profit driven enterprise. They only accept things they can make money on at the recycling depots. Doesn't really matter how reusable the material is.
You should see some of the poo poo the developed nations sent in containers elsewhere. Canada was sending garbage to the Philippines.

You can praise the concept of recycling all you want, but the real world implementation is fraudulent and full of poo poo.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Maybe Finland is some kind of utopia, but around these parts, recyclables get picked up and taken straight to the landfill.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

kupachek posted:

You can praise the concept of recycling all you want, but the real world implementation is fraudulent and full of poo poo.

To many people skip right over the reduce and reuse parts and just preach about how great they are while recycling

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kupachek posted:

In North America, recycling is a profit driven enterprise.

Nuke it.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Cans recycle well but yeah everything else is kabuki in the states if you do the most basic research or have spent even a cursory amount of time reading news about your waste district.

Composting is cool though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I put all my recycling in the crick so it can be reclaimed by nature.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Of course like loving clockwork when idealogy is confronted with this fact about recycling being largely bogus you get people hooting all sorts of ridiculous hyperbole to assuage cognitive dissonance.

Avoid single use plastics, reuse everything you can etc etc but don't carry water for people lying to you and covering it up with the word "recycling"

edit: Consider that the ones actually following the stories and getting pissed off about fake recycling want to actually be able to recycle things rather than just being fine with the tiniest amount of greenwashing

Jokerpilled Drudge has a new favorite as of 12:49 on Oct 8, 2021

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Of course like loving clockwork when idealogy is confronted with this fact about recycling being largely bogus you get people hooting all sorts of ridiculous hyperbole to assuage cognitive dissonance.

Avoid single use plastics, reuse everything you can etc etc but don't carry water for people lying to you and covering it up with the word "recycling"

edit: Consider that the ones actually following the stories and getting pissed off about fake recycling want to actually be able to recycle things rather than just being fine with the tiniest amount of greenwashing

A lot of people have trouble facing just how much garbage they produce, much the same way they have trouble reconciling how much electrical energy they waste on a daily basis.

Part of the problem is each individual has to actively want to cut it down, and giving up conveniences is hard for a lot of folks.
There are definitely some folks who would be in a better financial position if they cut out some of the unnecessary conveniences as well.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I don't feel like an alcoholic, until it's time to take out the recycling that's been piling up.

"Oh jeez, it's all cans and glass and the whole street can hear me endlessly dumping this into the bin, why don't I do this every week so it's only a little bit, God drat it."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan’s 10 cent bottle return policy is the best recycling program in the US. It’s weirdly satisfying to use those machines and you get good money back.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

Henchman of Santa posted:

Michigan’s 10 cent bottle return policy is the best recycling program in the US. It’s weirdly satisfying to use those machines and you get good money back.

The city just started charging a deposit here on bottles and I remember to hold onto the bottles but I keep forgetting to bring them to the store to get my money back so there's an ever-growing pile of bottles filling my storeroom.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Little Caesars is the only national chain pizza restaurant that should logically exist

If you want a good pizza there are probably a lot of good local or regional restaurants that have something worth paying for. Alternatively, making your own pizza from scratch is ridiculously easy if you own an oven, a bowl, and a pan. There is no reason in the world to pay a premium price for lovely chain pizza

But the $5 hot and ready cannot be beaten as a money/time value proposition. It's not a great pizza by anyone's standards but there is no waiting and no matter how hard you try you cannot source your own ingredients for less

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

3D Megadoodoo posted:

There are a lot of things I didn't know were recyclable. I did recycle glass and plastic bottles and stuff but occasionally threw something out I shouldn't have. I accept I was wrong but also think it's very weird to dig through other peoples' trash.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Little Caesers pizza is fine, like it ain't winning awards, but it's still a hot slice of cheese and meat. I've had a lot worse pizza from sketchy hole in the walls, and a lot better to be fair

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

They definitely do stuffed crust better than pizza hut does. Pizza hut used to have really good stuffed crust, but for the past several years it's just bad, just a paper-thin slice of pizza with a micron of sauce and cheese.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It’s hot

And it’s ready

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Why is there not a Big Caesar's pizza? Seems like a failure of capitalism to me.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Dollar-to-flavour, little ceasars is the best pizza out there.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I have never had worse pizza than Little Caesars, I hope to never consume it again

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Ever try boboli pizza? It's like allegedly fresh but it's just bad. I'll take little caesar any time.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Unkempt posted:

Why is there not a Big Caesar's pizza? Seems like a failure of capitalism to me.

trademark law. capitalism wins again!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Muscle Tracer posted:

trademark law. capitalism wins again!

They would have no grounds to sue a pizza chain called Big Kaiser's though.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gripweed posted:

They would have no grounds to sue a pizza chain called Big Kaiser's though.

BRB, starting a pizza chain called “Ptolemy XV”.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Filling the market inbetween with Medium Tsar.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Platystemon posted:

BRB, starting a pizza chain called “Ptolemy XL”.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There are a lot of things I didn't know were recyclable. I did recycle glass and plastic bottles and stuff but occasionally threw something out I shouldn't have. I accept I was wrong but also think it's very weird to dig through other peoples' trash.

There might be something valuable in there!

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
My pizza theory is that the chains had to be better when they were the only pizza option in most of the US because the competition was "eh, let's get burgers instead". Now many American cities have acceptable local pizza places so the chains are just competing for the business of people who want a lot of food for a low price. Little Caesars never really tried to be anything but that so they have an incumbent advantage over hoity-toity places like Domino's and Pizza Hut.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

That may be the first time anyone had ever described Domino's as hoity toity

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Last time I got Dominoes it cost me like $120 which is pretty nuts for some 'za

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo

Gaius Marius posted:

They have a delivery option that lets you avoid those pesky DUIs.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gaius Marius posted:

One medium meat lovers and 50 2 liter bottles of Pepsi

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

How in God's name did you spend $120 at Domino's

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Byzantine posted: