Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Vince McMahon created professional wrestling might power me through the whole weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wow Tony, what an bastard

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Carl Gotch and strangler Lewis walk to the top of a snow capped mountain seeking the monastery of the man they call he who doth not sneeze. They approach the gates and request an audience with the most wise prophet. They are invited in and brought before the Lord of all kayfabe. They beseech him 'lord, every night we fight for people's entertainment but keep getting hurt, can you guide us on the path?' to which the prophet replies 'have a spooky doll make your opponent puke, it's such great poo poo. He's gonna... He's gonna.... He's gonna puke.'

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
vince mcmahon invented professional wrestling as a child just so his dad would have a company to sell him 30 years later

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/RonnGz77/status/1446553775330705408

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Both these arguments are confusing me, can someone with more understanding explain?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Renaissance Spam posted:

Both these arguments are confusing me, can someone with more understanding explain?

Dynamite used to have a lot of variability from quarter to quarter. AEW fans were more likely to channel surf while NXT viewers were very loyal (because they were so old it is possible many died with the TV tuned to USA.)

But starting in December 2020 AEW started getting more consistent quarter to quarter. The kind of ratings patterns you see these days where Dynamite is pretty steady around whatever it's average is didn't happen a year ago. You'd see big swings.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/1446292269615566849

https://twitter.com/Argomez742/status/1446299512599977987

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I know what thread this is, but I still have such a hard time wrapping my head around the “AEW is unreasonably preoccupied with taking shots at WWE” accusation, the reaction to the times i does happen is always so disproportionate.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I know what thread this is, but I still have such a hard time wrapping my head around the “AEW is unreasonably preoccupied with taking shots at WWE” accusation, the reaction to the times i does happen is always so disproportionate.

its not if you think that AEW itself is just a giant shot at WWE

also if you're not used to wrestling promotions acknowledging that other promotions exist

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A single tear rolls down Wyclef Jean's cheek.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

There was that Pie, uh, thing he did about 20 years ago, but that poo poo was barely even music, let alone fit for listening.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Rock is the third man (in The Acclaimed)

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

edogawa rando posted:

There was that Pie, uh, thing he did about 20 years ago, but that poo poo was barely even music, let alone fit for listening.

He also featured in "It Doesn't Matter" by Wyclef Jean, which wasn't fantastic either, but it was better than "Pie," at least.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1446679936903925772?s=20

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1446680613696724993?s=20

lol.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

maruhkati posted:

He also featured in "It Doesn't Matter" by Wyclef Jean, which wasn't fantastic either, but it was better than "Pie," at least.

What a singing career - starting off affiliated with a grifting sack of wank, and a, quite frankly, racist trash pile of a song as his sole actual single

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Look at all these people acting like The Rock didn't cover You Ain't Woman Enough by Loretta Lynn. https://youtu.be/r6YayTBoDcQ

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
What can I say except, "You're welcome."

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
pie rules

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
there are many kinds of pie....

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

edogawa rando posted:

What a singing career - starting off affiliated with a grifting sack of wank, and a, quite frankly, racist trash pile of a song as his sole actual single

looked up the lyrics, and uhhh racist does not do it enough justice, what with the casual interphobia

hope this new tune is better

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
Ching-bong-bing-yao-moya-AIYYYYY!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Spermgod posted:

Ching-bong-bing-yao-moya-AIYYYYY!

Dr Disrespect?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The Rock says know your role, and shut your mouth!!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That's true! He did say that.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

AEW Dynamite featured ZERO live segments in front of crowd and below 9min of interviews/taped segments dedicated to womens division during month of September (5 episodes)

September 1 - Live backstage interview from Britt (1m15s); Live backstage interview from Rosa and brawl w/ Nyla and Jade (1m)

September 8 - Live backstage interview from Britt and Soho (1m15s); taped segment for Battle Royal (40s)

September 15 - taped promo from Bunny (45s); Live backstage interview from Anna Jay w/ Conti and Dark Order (45s - Anna spoke less than 10s)

September 22 - recap of live in-ring promo between Soho and Britt from Rampage (45s)

September 29 - all taped promos - Britt/Soho (45s) ; Shida/Deeb (45s) ; Nyla/Rosa/Cargil (30s)

Total time - 8min30s

This is month that featured womens championship match, womens battle royal, debut of Soho and return of Anna Jay.

Someone is mad about the criticism WWE got for smackdown.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Now add match lengths

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
this is a good take. who wants to see people wrestle? not nearly enough contract signings imo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/LATlN0HEAT/status/1446874131639803907?s=20

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

It's very funny to only include Dynamite for this because the incredibly well received Britt/Ruby segment was on Rampage.

Related to a common topic of bad tweets being that AEW and its fans are obsessed with WWE:

https://twitter.com/DarylSurat/status/1446848860752695298

Hilarious.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 9, 2021

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Cannot believe they they would launch FOX when NBC, CBS and ABC were already broadcasting television programming.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

That from someone's facebook post or something?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Phuzzy posted:

That from someone's facebook post or something?

Reddit.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
The research group being called Diesel Labs is clearly a Kevin Nash reference and an insult to Vince. Shameful.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Zombie Lemur posted:

The research group being called Diesel Labs is clearly a Kevin Nash reference and an insult to Vince. Shameful.

Everyone using the surname "Hogan" is just trying to bite off Vince's success during the era of Hulkamania, brother

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Hasn't WWE literally had programming on every day of the week at some point or another? Raw has always been Monday, Smackdown's been on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, NXT and Main Event were Wednesdays, Shotgun/Jakked/Metal/Superstars were Saturdays, Heat was Sundays.

This guy's expecting Tony Khan to invent more days. He's like those gym bros from that old bodybuilding forum thread where they argued for several pages over how many days are in a week.

MassRafTer posted:

Dynamite used to have a lot of variability from quarter to quarter. AEW fans were more likely to channel surf while NXT viewers were very loyal (because they were so old it is possible many died with the TV tuned to USA.)

I wish there were ratings statistics to see when viewers watched things on mute, because I've seen a lot of people over 60 just mute the TV and have sports on in the background while they putter around the house.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ScrumbusSama/status/1446991899173142529

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Seems like a harmless opinion tbh, unless there's something extremely problematic about Ninja Mack that I haven't heard about?

e: ah, wait, no, it's the fact that he categorically isn't one of the best in the world yet, got it https://twitter.com/NotDrDeath/status/1446998397613924352?t=Kes3-e8od9HXvQzvVmIlmA&s=19

(looks like he'll become a better Billy Brexit than Billy Brexit in time tho)

Venomous fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Oct 10, 2021

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
ninja mack rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
like yeah i can agree that it's silly when people just stay in one position forever waiting to take a move, but that move was still impressive and fun to see