Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Rutherford county is Murfreesboro.

gently caress ever going back to Tennessee for any reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

its trivial for businesses to lose money while being wildly profitable, its just that the IRS is too busy chasing people who might have earned $7 more than the maximum for claiming the EITC

It's shocking how this is all by design too

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Rutherford county is Murfreesboro.

gently caress ever going back to Tennessee for any reason.

I mean it just sounds like the south to me

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

you're giving tennessee way too much credit if you think they thought up an original life-wrecking child jail scam instead of just stealing pennsylvania's.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_for_cash_scandal

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
No matter how many piggy tales I read, it's still just stunning to me that you can staff an entire police force with people who are okay with abusing children.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007
Wishing all the people involved in this poo poo and others of their ilk a very <REDACTED>

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Problematic Soup posted:

Wishing all the people involved in this poo poo and others of their ilk a very <REDACTED>

im just going to outright wish people who arrest and jail kids for profit a slow, painful, slow, slow, very painful, agonizingly slow, agonizingly painful death.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Stultus Maximus posted:

No matter how many piggy tales I read, it's still just stunning to me that you can staff an entire police force with people who are okay with abusing children.

Being an unrepentant sociopath is kind of a bullet point they look for.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
seemingly the only

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

My Spirit Otter posted:

im just going to outright wish people who arrest and jail kids for profit a slow, painful, slow, slow, very painful, agonizingly slow, agonizingly painful death.

You could have just said COVID since most cops are refusing to get vaccinated.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
All cops are bastards

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The thing is that they have twisted their logic into a conclusion that this helps the kids somehow because "God's plan", and while they're at it they get a kickback and all the perks of holding their respective offices.

Which is why they all look like Jabba the Hutt in a lovely blonde wig.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Death to kings, protect democracy, gently caress the police

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

A Bad Poster posted:

The thing is that they have twisted their logic into a conclusion that this helps the kids somehow because "God's plan", and while they're at it they get a kickback and all the perks of holding their respective offices.

Which is why they all look like Jabba the Hutt in a lovely blonde wig.

Given that a lot of these Judge's are likely also white supremacists, a lot of God's Plan reflects the KKKs/CSAs plans...

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Given that a lot of these Judge's are likely also white supremacists, a lot of God's Plan reflects the KKKs/CSAs plans...

You could even call it the Cornerstone of their beliefs :v:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

https://youtu.be/gQ1PT8gRtfU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Icon Of Sin posted:

You could even call it the Cornerstone of their beliefs :v:

More like the Auction Stone of their beliefs. :jerkbag:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Texas abortion ban back in effect thanks to an emergency appeal by indicted felon ken paxton and a stay on the district court’s decision.

The fifth circuit is going to rubber stamp texas’ argument that the feds have no standing and the scotus will deny cert. i don’t see a way out of this.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

Texas abortion ban back in effect thanks to an emergency appeal by indicted felon ken paxton and a stay on the district court’s decision.

The fifth circuit is going to rubber stamp texas’ argument that the feds have no standing and the scotus will deny cert. i don’t see a way out of this.

Way out:
California passes an identical law to ban guns.
SCOTUS demolishes it.
Entire legal system loses last vestige of legitimacy.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Stultus Maximus posted:

Way out:
SCOTUS demolishes it.

No aborting assault rifles after 6 weeks.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

No aborting assault rifles after 6 weeks.

“Think of all the military surplus that can be saved from bubba”

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

Way out:
SCOTUS demolishes it.

Never forget that gun control in CA is rooted in disarming minorities and discouraging them from legal gun ownership and not bothering "decent white folks law abiding citizens." They sure do love making it *inconvenient* to own guns, but again, that's just so "the right sort" go through the rigmarole.

CA might pride itself on being the state whose laws and policies the rest of the country "catches up to," but it's way more likely NY does what you're forecasting first.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Obnoxious that it took so long, but very good that it's finally happened:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1446418858823372815?t=hkdGpm8FqOz9Lr-borGxbw&s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stultus Maximus posted:

When might makes right is the whole of your ethos, it becomes inevitable that these types abuse and exploit people who are weaker than them

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Hahahhahahahahhahahhahahha

QAnon believers turn against Michael Flynn — now they think he’s a Satan worshipper

https://deadstate.org/qanon-believers-turn-against-michael-flynn-now-they-think-hes-a-satan-worshipper/

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Bored As gently caress posted:

QAnon believers turn against Michael Flynn — now they think he’s a Satan worshipper

https://deadstate.org/qanon-believers-turn-against-michael-flynn-now-they-think-hes-a-satan-worshipper/

An entirely fitting outcome for an rear end in a top hat everyone spent years telling this would happen. "B-b-but not me I'm loyal! They were just libs I owned, they had to be wrong all this time!"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Xi wants a war, apparently.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/chinas-xi-says-reunification-with-taiwan-must-will-be-realised-2021-10-09/

Lol if you're still in.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Bored As gently caress posted:

quote:

TruNews calls out Michael Flynn for claiming that he was just delivering a simple Catholic prayer at Hank Kunneman's conference last month.

Lol, saying that it's a Catholic thing is not going to help your case with this crowd.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/jimswiftdc/status/1446831132780154882?s=21

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

From what I’ve read, this is standard saber rattling and doesn’t really go past the rhetoric they’ve always used.

Reminder that the US, Japan, and others just got done with some westpac wargames, and one doesn’t have to think too hard to imagine who would be the hostile nation in those ops.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

There was a follow-up:

https://twitter.com/NickFrancona/status/1446837281151668228?t=Mk7WyDbUFi5v17Ap9xsQgA&s=19

Someone at work is vaccinated and her husband isn't and she's always like :sigh: about it. Not really sure how you can mentally get around a spouse failing such an obvious intelligence test like that.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

There isn't much serious doubt that an invasion is something Xi really wants to see in his lifetime, but what he wants isn't the lone factor in all this. There's still debate over whether China can be kept busy with other disasters until his time runs out

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

There isn't much serious doubt that an invasion is something Xi really wants to see in his lifetime, but what he wants isn't the lone factor in all this. There's still debate over whether China can be kept busy with other disasters until his time runs out

I’m no expert but seeing the disruption when one port in China is shut down after a positive Covid test, seems like a naval war would totally stop exports and imports. Even if we assume they have stockpiled would guess even if they won and annexed Taiwan if there were major US navy losses there would be near universal support for stopping anything from entering or leaving their ports.

I know this would cause a recession in the west but seems like they’d be hurt more with tens of millions of idle factory workers and no coal from Australia. Imagine Russia would try to buy more to embarrass the west but that wouldn’t make up the difference.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Wonder what the smallest navy is that could bring the entire global economy screeching to a halt by going ham on container ships / bulk carriers / tankers.

e: a WW2 torpedo boat torpedoing something real good in the Suez would probably do it

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 9, 2021

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

aphid_licker posted:

Wonder what the smallest navy is that could bring the entire global economy screeching to a halt by going ham on container ships / bulk carriers / tankers.

Just demolish a few canals and save the rest of your munitions for your inevitably needed defense.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/benphillips76/status/1446770368648204296?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I can't even laugh at this poo poo even though it's objectively funny

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

It's always some amount of projection. :eng99:

zharmad
Feb 9, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

e: a WW2 torpedo boat torpedoing something real good in the Suez would probably do it

A suicide boat attack against an LNG carrier is the straits of Malacca would probably be even worse than the Suez being shut down.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Welp beruit Budapest ran out of fuel sooo that's cool no power for them

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
"Let's just get rid of nuclear, that natural gas will be cheaper"

Just point and laugh.