Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
THEY ARE USING THE SAME BULLSHIT TENSE FUDGING CHRIS DOES

"We built this", "We wanted to make", describing the making of Pyro in the past tense.

They are saying everything the past tense, making it sound like its all finished!
And have only loving art concepts for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

I turned on the stream and the first lines I heard were "...space furniture catalogues", with some speculation about how this might help world builders in the future, with slow pans over concept art. It is 2021 and I don't have the energy for this.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
they have nothing this is amazing

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

happyhippy posted:

THEY ARE USING THE SAME BULLSHIT TENSE FUDGING CHRIS DOES

"We built this", "We wanted to make", describing the making of Pyro in the past tense.

They are saying everything the past tense, making it sound like its all finished!
And have only loving art concepts for it.

Well the art has already been created, no?

Just like they list the completion percentage of concept ships (as in how far are they away from finishing the concept of a ship).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Simply put, zero progress has been made on Star Citizen in the last two years at least. It's amazing.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The space garlic bunches are particularly impressive. I wonder if we will be able to buy space garlic crushers. (Yes, I got nothing, this is dull as all gently caress and nobody cares, not even the backers)

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Every goddamn year lol

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Crob has now crossed the comedy event horizon - where they are doing so little work there isn’t even anything left to mock

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

**** HOT PYRO GAMEPLAY ***

Well not really...

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
I’ll toxx that none of this will exist in release

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Zyloh clarified days ago that this panel is the keynote. The start and the end are just a few minutes with CR saying hello/goodbye.

:laffo:

This is quite the keynote. A brown keynote.

nawledgelambo posted:

You cannot toxx over stuff that will not happen in a human lifespan, them the rules.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

nawledgelambo posted:

This is too safe of a toxx. :P There are ships that you could buy day 1 that still are not in Star Citizen 9 years later.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

trucutru posted:

The space garlic bunches are particularly impressive. I wonder if we will be able to buy space garlic crushers. (Yes, I got nothing, this is dull as all gently caress and nobody cares, not even the backers)

the real event is the ship sales, cmon chris, lemme spend some fucing cash

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
For a barren outpost, they like having a guy stand there every 10 yards

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 9, 2021

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Enjoying the 500 airlocks myself.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, so you can kill the shopkeepers and loot their wares in this here MMO outpost? Gee, I wonder what will happen in this MMO game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Star Citizen really isn't an MMO, there can only be a max of 60 players on a server.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

I said come in! posted:

Star Citizen really isn't an MMO, there can only be a max of 60 players on a server.

People still call Destiny an MMO for some unfathomable reason so the term is all but meaningless at this point

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Drakkel posted:

People still call Destiny an MMO for some unfathomable reason so the term is all but meaningless at this point

Those people are dorks. Bungie insists its not an MMO.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

Oh boy, are you going to have egg on your face by the time Tony Z finishes his talk.

I mean, 60 players are not even enough to man a single capital ship during the massive fleet vs fleet battles with thousands of ships darting around.

vvvvvvvvvvvv :byewhore: vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

trucutru fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 9, 2021

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
fine I’ll toxx that Tony z actually won’t mindlessly drone on about dreams and he’ll actually have somethjng of substance to show

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
What we are seeing here, Tony, is James who never played a stealth FPS ever in his life before.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

I said come in! posted:

Multiple Mysogynists Online

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

This is so dull. Cool they heavily scripted a boring 'shoot AI' mission wowie. They even set it on Space Saskatchewan to really put you to sleep.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I do wonder if this gameplay is janky on purpose because they don't want it to look totally fake or because this is the best fake gameplay they can make.

The player grabbing between the ladder rungs for example.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
cool star wars building

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
"Let's throw an object to distract a guard"

Guard doesn't move in any way, player looks away as quickly as possible.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Why are there airlocks if the planet has breathable atmosphere this isn't very fedilitous

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

DaysBefore posted:

Why are there airlocks if the planet has breathable atmosphere this isn't very fedilitous

Because SCI-FI!

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Lol, plasma globes of the 24 century!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. Honked posted:

Multiple Mysogynists Online

I accept this correction.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
"When transitioning from concept art to production it's very easy to increase the amount of concept art"

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
!giveaway

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
"It's so easy to place outposts"

THERE WHERE THE gently caress IS IT IN THE GAME

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

trucutru posted:

!giveaway

Lmfao they seriously couldn't edit the terrain of their barren planets until now?

Btw good news there's a new Jpeg pre-order up just 250 bucks

Edit didn't mean to quote that whatever

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
Pyro released when server meshing is ready in 4.0.

In other words, never.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
They are doing ads for clans?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Oh gently caress. It’s Lando. Looking like he just crawled out of dumpster after a 5 day meth bender

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
"That was a real mission. No sandworms here."

Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
“That was a real mission, no sand worms here”

Edit: sand worm is now a joke.

Dial A For Awesome fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 9, 2021