Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/dodgynova/status/1446750160592072711?s=21

just going through the background of every vlog, kicking random objects

being a general murder elemental all through the women’s division

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I've said it before but KiLynn King would be a huge win-win for TJPW as an excursion wrestler. She's tall and strong and could throw around cats and bees and clowns, she sells really well, and it's evident from her improvement on Dark that she picks up training really easily.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So the WoW stuff has gotten even more sad/hilarious over the past 12 hours. Tessa Blanchard is in charge of hiring/firing roster members. Also they decided to hire on Izzy for some reason.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I'm going to say unequivocally that in the someday future when viruses don't threaten our breathing anymore, y'all should come to Japan and catch a live TJPW show. It's even better when they're in front of you. Hearing Aja Kong kick Yuki Arai in person was way more meaty and reverberating than you get on streams.

Grand Princess might be a good reason to do that depending on the state of travel at that time.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
In terms of amount of sheer joy in the live experience, TJPW and Ice Ribbon are hard to top for me. I'm going to TJPW next month and extremely stoked because it'll be my first time actually going to see wrestling live in almost exactly a year which is too long. It'll be their first-ever show in Kyoto and they're at a bigger/fancier venue than their usual Osaka house show spots so I'm hoping we'll get some cool matches.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

DarkstarIV posted:

So the WoW stuff has gotten even more sad/hilarious over the past 12 hours. Tessa Blanchard is in charge of hiring/firing roster members. Also they decided to hire on Izzy for some reason.

Someone's just a-ok with setting their money on fire, must be nice.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rarity posted:

So after doing a one week dive into the Princess Cup and then watching Wrestle Princess 2 I think it's safe to say my interest in TJPW is locked in :getin:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

J-Ro posted:

Someone's just a-ok with setting their money on fire, must be nice.

It's funded by Jeanie Buss, setting money on fire is just kind of her thing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

One surprising thing that I found myself enjoying about TJPW, is that they use heat very sparingly. And it works really well. When Kamiyu or the French say something rude its a lot more impactful when they're the only ones doing it. I remember being absolutely aghast when Kamiyu called Hikari Noa during the lead up to their IP title match. Had that been placed in the middle of a card build of bloodfeuds and grudges, it wouldn't have resonated at all.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
914 for TJPW Wrestle Princess 2 in Ota City General Gymnasium. 2nd lowest at that venue this year. 625 fewer people than Stardom got a couple of weeks ago. Not great for their one big show this year but what are you gonna do? Not terribly optimistic for their Sumo Hall show next year.

1441 for Stardom in Osaka Jo Hall. That would be a great number if it wasn't at that arena. Doing a show in that big an arena just 2 weeks after another big show seems like a very bad idea and poor planning. And now I see they added an Edion Arena show in December a few weeks before their major Sumo Hall show. From the way they manage Stardom and NJPW, it's clear Bushiroad has a go big or go home mindset. It's like a baseball player in the middle of a slump but instead of just trying to make contact with the ball and get on base, they're swinging for the fences on every pitch.

We'll see where Ice Ribbon lands on their Ota City show next month. I don't expect a good showing from them as they've not drawn well all year. Pandemic has certainly did a number on them.

As far as the shows. Only saw the last part of Wrestle Princess 2. Miu let the entire country of Japan down when she couldn't swing Aja Kong. I don't know how she can show her face in public again. Tag title match was fun. Main event was the best Maki Itoh match I've ever seen. She's not fast, strong, flexible or great technically but she may be the best seller in the world and that match played to her strength like any I've ever seen. Awesome match that drew me in.

As for the Stardom show I would consider it a big disappointment for me. I thought it was a big step down from the 5 Star finals show. The crowd and commentary weren't that good and nothing to me was really at the level of the last 3 matches of Ota City show. I'm not one to complain about time limit draws that Stardom does as I find more enjoyment in watching a draw between top talent than a match where one person is at a way lower level than the others and is just there to get pinned but I really really didn't like Tam & Mayu going to a 30 minute draw. Especially when the main event was going over 30 minutes as well. Just didn't feel like this was the right show to do that.

Main event was good and maybe I was tired when I watched it but I felt the Iroha/Utami match in the 5 Star was a lot better than this one. Utami's new theme is great though, I love it. Feels opera as gently caress which jives with the rest of her look.

MaiHimePoi's new entrance and attire though.....I don't really care for it at all. It feels really loving anime which I just don't think fits them. Like if there was a cute girls doing cute things anime where they're in a wrestling club that entire entrance would be the opening for that show. WTF.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

those are boring numbers.

number of times I yelled out loud at TJPW and made people look at me: 9

number of times I yelled out at Stardom and made people look at me: infinite(didn't watch)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The 5☆Grand Prix Finals were real loving good. If you've a Stardom World sub & for some reason haven't seen this, do so. Syuri vs Iroha, Tam vs Utami & the final are all MOTYC level wrestling.

If you don't have a Stardom World account then I dunno, maybe go to BiliBili & search for it there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm banned from china and I wont give Bushiroad a single dime BECAUSE REASONS.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

coconono posted:

I'm banned from china and I wont give Bushiroad a single dime BECAUSE REASONS.

What did you do to china?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Alright after having time to sleep on it and rewatching this again

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1446704076150898698

And yeah it’s still the worst thing ever. My initial impression of it’s like the opening to a boring cute girls doing cute things anime is spot on. Oh god it’s horrible. Doesn’t fit at all. Who talked Maika into being apart of that? Taka is rolling over in his grave.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Stardom is really doubling down on idol culture

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Stall_19 posted:

What did you do to china?

Rude tweets mostly.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

Stall_19 posted:

Alright after having time to sleep on it and rewatching this again

And yeah it’s still the worst thing ever. My initial impression of it’s like the opening to a boring cute girls doing cute things anime is spot on. Oh god it’s horrible. Doesn’t fit at all. Who talked Maika into being apart of that? Taka is rolling over in his grave.

Their previous gear looked great (except Maika, didn't liked her outfit before either, but loved the one that she had in beginning of the year), this just looked a bit painful to watch for me. Natsupoi previous outfit was one of the best in Stardom.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

They're probably just doing that for trios matches.

When Giulia or Syuri have a singles match, they're in their normal gear and in serious-rear end-kicker mode.

When they tag, it's Alto Livello KABALIWAN, and here come the military outfits and goofy mirrored face shields and dance routines! AliKaba!

DDM are pals being pals. When they're alone, they miss their pals and just want to put people in the ground.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

How is AnCham as a wrestler? She's been announced for a GanPro show in a couple of weeks teaming with Ishii against Miyacoco and Ken Ohka, but looking through her cagematch I don't think i've seen any of her matches

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

SG Bamboo posted:

How is AnCham as a wrestler? She's been announced for a GanPro show in a couple of weeks teaming with Ishii against Miyacoco and Ken Ohka, but looking through her cagematch I don't think i've seen any of her matches

Pretty good from what I saw from her in Chocopro.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

She's great. She regularly trains with Yuki Ishikawa and can break out the grapplefuck technician stuff you wouldn't expect at all from her gravure star presentation.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

coconono posted:

Rude tweets mostly.

Ok but did they like send you a letter saying you’re banned or what

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

Signed up for the free trial on and checked out Wrestle Princess 2, Jesus Christ what a fun show that was from pretty much beginning to end. Walked away a huge fan of Shoko Nakajima and Miyu, and hating myself for not signing up earlier.

Time to start digging through this back catalog.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Looks like The IInspiration signed with impact

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DeimosRising posted:

Ok but did they like send you a letter saying you’re banned or what

Phone calls. I get screamed at in mandarin at 3am more than I like to admit.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I guess they were happy with the response to ARE YOU MY BEST FRIEND?

https://twitter.com/W_UNIVERSE_eng/status/1447704430485278721

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Someone save the joshis

https://twitter.com/uug_p_hikari/status/1447881344877400076

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
She's just prepping for her next deathmatch

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Card for upcoming Stardom "KAWASAKI SUPER WARS ~ KAWASAKI SUPER WOMEN'S WAR" on 03.11.2021

Spoilers for Osaka Jo Hall show

0. Mai Sakurai vs. Waka Tsukiyama 1. Future of Stardom Title: Ruaka (c) vs. Lady C
2. 3 Way Battle: Saya Kamitani vs. Maika vs. Mina Shirakawa
3. 5★STAR Rematch: Starlight Kid vs. Momo Watanabe
4. Tag League Special: Himeka & Natsupoi vs. Mayu Iwatani & Koguma 5. SWA World Title & Certificate Match: Syuri (c) vs. AZM
6. Wonder of Stardom Title: Tam Nakano (c) vs. Unagi Sayaka
7. World of Stardom Title: Utami Hayashishita (c) vs. Hazuki

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
All teams revealed GODDESSES OF STARDOM TAG LEAGUE tournament

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1448227662741135361?t=5M0v2Rlpt8kfbZUDXZ80jA&s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nanae Takahashi is taking time off for her knee injury and there will be a tag tournament.

With injuries to Nanae and Yoshiko and Honori Hana still not recovered from her bout with COVID in July, that means Arisa Nakajima and Rico Kaiju constitute their entire active roster

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

And of non-roster regulars Mizunami is in America. Hell, even Fujimoto is in Mexico.

Seems sub-optimal but injuries can't be avoided. Though Yoshiko is getting to Naoya Nomura levels now where I'm worried she's just not coming back.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Fujimoto being out of the country means they can book Gatoh Move again though. Mei Suruga was in the high speed match today which is her natural home.

Asuka, Makoto, Hotta and Kawahata have basically made SEAd their home promotion so it's not too bad.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

20 minutes until this starts, show your support for more English language stuff on WU

https://twitter.com/W_UNIVERSE_eng/status/1448251799777939456

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

And of non-roster regulars Mizunami is in America

Yeah didn't Ryo say she was going back to AEW? I don't think she's shown up once since

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Yeah didn't Ryo say she was going back to AEW? I don't think she's shown up once since

Emi said on Instagram live that she would be arriving in America this week

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Just in time for the TBS tournament?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Lamuella posted:

Just in time for the TBS tournament?

Isn't that in January?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Finals are in January, I think. Which gives them a couple of months for the tournament to take place. They're already running a Jade / Rosa angle about it.