Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

ultrafilter posted:

Is that a thing people go crazy about? I haven't run into that one myself.

This guy has never seen a woman pretend to put her hair in a ponytail and been upset because she enjoyed water displacement weighing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OnlyBans posted:

That said, I bet the company enjoyed the water weighing when they lifted the crane like they were doing to but didn't. I do not like getting wet so I had to take a shower before I had the crane weighed via water displacement.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

When it came up in the past, someone said that the pretending to put her hair up in a ponytail bit was probably her squeezing the water out of it, which was pretty convincing.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ok but what kind of clothes do you wear when testing the cranes?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Push El Burrito posted:

Ok but what kind of clothes do you wear when testing the cranes?

My mom makes me wear a hard hat, steel-toed boots, and a reflective safety vest.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mak0rz posted:

How did LinkedIn even get this way? Last I remember it was used just for job seeking and networki- oh right it's used primarily by white male business people and corporate drones nevermind

In my experience it very rapidly just became facebook but not blocked at work, so of course it's filled with boomers being boomers.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What the everloving gently caress is water weighing, you can't weigh people underwater, they float.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

OwlFancier posted:

What the everloving gently caress is water weighing, you can't weigh people underwater, they float.

That's why you gotta strap the weights to them, and then tare those out

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

Not if you fill them full of enough lead.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also unless they're launching you into space why the gently caress do you need to be precisely weighed?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

OwlFancier posted:

Archimedes is rolling over in his bathtub right now

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

OnlyBans posted:

What is it about weighing things via water displacement that makes people go crazy?

That said, I bet the company enjoyed the water weighing when they lifted the crane like they were doing to but didn't. I do not like getting wet so I had to take a shower before I had the crane weighed via water displacement.

:mrgw:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

OwlFancier posted:

Also unless they're launching you into space why the gently caress do you need to be precisely weighed?

It's actually a density test that compares weight to volume of water displaced. It's probably being used to more accurately calculate obesity than a simple BMI calculation.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

flavor.flv posted:

I have heard of water weighing twice in my life, but both of those were from crazy people on the internet
I was going to speculate about this person's mental health but it honestly reads more like some sort of AI generated text.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

flavor.flv posted:

Wow, I cannot believe my mom stooped so low...

Someone once posted an explanation on this forum of what water displacement boy really meant by this. Does anyone have it?

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Well to be fair maybe said "questionable decisions" aren't so much the "killing the planet for a quick Gil" and more "Blowing up entire towns, mutating the survivors into uncontrollable killing machines and replacing the people with actors for years on end" bit. Also the whole "making killer alien/human hybrids for funzies then just leaving them wherever".

It's hard to see a clear goal in those practices.

Edit: Out of curiosity I looked it up. Nope, it's literally just "Why would people support a evil company that's obviously killing the planet? That's not realistic!"

Viscous Soda has a new favorite as of 22:55 on Oct 9, 2021

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Someone should tell these belgians that workers are more productive with good working conditions and living standards. Chopping off kids' hands isn't very profitable, especially in such a labour-intensive sector as rubber!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

flavor.flv posted:

I have heard of water weighing twice in my life, but both of those were from crazy people on the internet

Obviously you have questions. Well, op has answers:

I think I understand now, but I just need a little more information about the hair, about the sister, about the topic title, about the shower, about the water, about the underwater test, about the clothing, about why he’s mad, about the hair, about the topic title, about the water, about the hair, about why he’s mad, about the sister, about the hair, about the underwater test, and about the hair.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Viscous Soda posted:

Well to be fair maybe said "questionable decisions" aren't so much the "killing the planet for a quick Gil" and more "Blowing up entire towns, mutating the survivors into uncontrollable killing machines and replacing the people with actors for years on end" bit. Also the whole "making killer alien/human hybrids for funzies then just leaving them wherever".

Edit: Out of curiosity I looked it up. Nope, it's literally just "Why would people support a evil company that's obviously killing the planet? That's not realistic!"

the whole article is that way

did that person get paid for that? because it clearly didn't take more than 10 minutes to write, since absolutely no research went into it

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It's screen rant / game rant, the seo company that throws click bait headlines at their freelance writers to churn poo poo out and usually those writers do not know the property they are talking about

https://twitter.com/AdmiralHairdo/status/1445186756249198592?t=w4lFauWbJrz0xXCBtQxw-g&s=19

https://twitter.com/AdmiralHairdo/status/1445187309091966978?t=e23bNv0PhyZ5V2OJaeP99w&s=19

https://twitter.com/AdmiralHairdo/status/1445518340378689550?t=8RNpeXBoK0jpm25SYsGaAA&s=19

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It's screen rant / game rant, the seo company that throws click bait headlines at their freelance writers to churn poo poo out and usually those writers do not know the property they are talking about

well. wish people would stop giving them views then

gently caress, SEO is dumb since people click on the dumb poo poo because we absolutely can't believe its real

got I hate how dumb the world is sometimes

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

In non vidya news,???????
https://twitter.com/Dustinkcouch/status/1446225786311258115?t=7ujOhXyOu8EpIXBHYIPh6Q&s=19

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
some great ads on YouTube as of late

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

The good tweets thread is that way

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
Yeah that was pretty great.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nebrilos posted:

Someone once posted an explanation on this forum of what water displacement boy really meant by this. Does anyone have it?

I think I remember the summary of it: The kid's on the spectrum and he hated getting wet/tight clothing. He interpreted his sister's actions as enjoying it, and that made him unhappier because it was a situation he was already unhappy in. And he just had no idea what details are important or relevant to expressing his point at all, and people asking just confused things more.

The ponytail pretend thing, since it's before the tank, honestly just sounds like getting her hair out of the way before going underwater. I had long hair when I was a kid, and if I was going to take a fairly quick dunk, I'd smooth my hair out of the way to keep it from immediately becoming a tangled mass around my face. Smoothing your hair out of your face with both hands IS a way to start making a ponytail. It's like the tenth time I've seen this story and I finally got an image of it in my head that makes sense.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

RFC2324 posted:

Most pagans consider wicca to be a 101 course to kinda break the christian brainwashing and introduce people to actual paganism.

Staying a wiccan is like refusing to move on from high school

That explains so much

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That doesn’t make much sense as actual paganism has been dead for centuries.

Well unless you live in some of the most remote villages in the old world

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

You better go tell all those people they're wrong then.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean they seem content doing that to each other so I don’t think it’s necessary

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Nebrilos posted:

Was it me? I posted this a while back:

Splicer posted:

He had a day off from school and is mad he spent it at the doctor's office. He doesn't like showering, but he got up late and was told he could skip showering. He then had to get in water anyway and is mad at the (perceived) bait and switch.

He doesn't like tight clothes, but has heard of or seen his sister or other girls/women deliberately wearing tight or revealing clothing for inexplicable :females: reasons. If she'd held her hair up like in a shower he might have conceded that the showerlike situation might have outweighed her joy at wearing tight clothing, but since her hair was down she obviously must have been enjoying it.

So not only did he have to spend his day off at the doctors in tight clothes in water after being deceived into thinking he wouldn't have to get wet today, but his sister got to spend a whole 8 minutes in tight clothes and she didn't even have to hold her hair up.

:goonsay: :spergin:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Wow, I cannot believe his mom stooped so low...

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Splicer posted:

Was it me? I posted this a while back:
Interesting thoughts, but has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Viscous Soda posted:

Even the characters in FFVIIR talk about why people keep supporting Shinra even though it's not exactly a secret where Mako comes from.

It turns out people want convenient lives that keeps them fed and satisfied.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

WaltherFeng posted:

It turns out people want convenient lives that keeps them fed and satisfied.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2cMG33mWVY

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

OnlyBans posted:

What if I wanted to do a touching tribute to Doug Winger for pulmonary diseases like Covid? Do I get a discount?

gently caress. now there's a name that I have not thought about in at least a LITERAL DECADE and yet the memory remains

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1446933867907141634

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The left support environmentalism and vehicles pollute... but why don't the left hate ambulances?!?!

hmm makes u think

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://twitter.com/bigshika/status/1443555453753970696?t=oRI1N8wBZLzqFF3smFo32A&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I don't know if I'm the idiot on social media here, but when I've done load testing on cranes using water, you usually just hook up a big bag to the crane and fill the bag with water until you get however many tonnes of water you need in the bag. Much easier to transport and load up than big weights because you really only need to transport the bag which you fill it on site. Plus then you just dump the water out when you're done.

Especially good for offshore cranes because you just pump seawater into the bag, and then when you're done, dump it back into the sea.