Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

rowebot44 posted:

I just bought a ride for my rides.

Do a burn out!

Edit: ugh didn't mean to snipe the new page! Here's my lovely car that doesn't run and I hate.

Also this looks drat good:

nerdrum posted:

I put my big brakes and stupid louvers on

Shartweek fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Oct 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

nerdrum posted:

drat i'm in love with this look

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Just doing mustang things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwrY2k6UIMs

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

nerdrum posted:

Now I want louvres for my BMW G31 5-series touring.

Edit: And I'm disappointed that nobody's even bothered photoshopping such a thing, let alone creating one.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

In a similar vein my kid put together a video of my S2000

https://youtu.be/Io0iEaP0Lhk

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
louvers on the miata made me do a little shirt pull at the neck. awoooooga.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE

LloydDobler posted:

God drat I want one of those. Maybe after a couple more years of depreciation.

Hate to burst your bubble, but it's worth more now than when I paid for it... paid $30k, last I checked I was getting offers for $32k

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

nerdrum posted:

Man, wish I fit in those. That looks sweet.

rowebot44 posted:

I just bought a ride for my rides.

Thumposaurus posted:

Do a burnout

On the trailer.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

In a similar vein my kid put together a video of my S2000

https://youtu.be/Io0iEaP0Lhk

I like the little less raspy with the cat versu the test pipe.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

nerdrum posted:

That looks pretty sick. What size wheels are on it?

How do the louvres attach and where are they from? Can you clean the rear window without too much difficulty?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

In Germany for 5~ weeks and have this as our ride for that time. Diesel, hybrid, not body-cladded Audi A6 Estate.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

This is good.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

KakerMix posted:

In Germany for 5~ weeks and have this as our ride for that time. Diesel, hybrid, not body-cladded Audi A6 Estate.

If I ever have stupid money, I will buy an Audi RS 6 Avant. They just look so good.

rowebot44
Feb 21, 2006

Darchangel posted:

On the trailer.

Once I finally get something on the trailer that runs I will.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

rowebot44 posted:

Once I finally get something on the trailer that runs I will.

Good on ya.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Not my ride per se, but visiting my parents and took my dad’s Alfa for some vineyard tours with my gf

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Went to a quirky car meet up in the Acty and then grabbed some lunch.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

savesthedayrocks posted:

Wow I haven't seen a Noble in a long time!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Tail of the Dragon trip with the EP3 this weekend.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

savesthedayrocks posted:

what a rad car meet

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Not my ride per se, but visiting my parents and took my dad’s Alfa for some vineyard tours with my gf

Wine tours as a couple in a little red Alfa. You're doing something right.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

MetaJew posted:

Wow I haven't seen a Noble in a long time!

Super sick. I can’t remember all the details, but he swapped a k20 (I think?) from a Honda since he was sick of the Taurus motor. I didn’t know what they were until I met him.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Was looking for another picture and came across my first car, 1975 KE30 Corolla. A friend of my christened the colour as being "baby poo yellow"

In the background was my dad's 1973 Dodge D5N 4 ton truck. I don't think Dodge USA sold that model. International also shared the same body/chassis as that Dodge, but built them in their factory in Dandenong, instead of in South Australia

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

No, we definitely didn’t get Dodges that looked like that in the US.
The medium duty trucks used the same cab as the pickup of the time. Different fenders, and steps to accommodate the larger tires and frame. Some of the larger of the range did have a completely different nose, similar to the way Ford and GM did their medium duty trucks.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darchangel posted:

No, we definitely didn’t get Dodges that looked like that in the US.
The medium duty trucks used the same cab as the pickup of the time. Different fenders, and steps to accommodate the larger tires and frame. Some of the larger of the range did have a completely different nose, similar to the way Ford and GM did their medium duty trucks.

Dodge AU did that too with the D5N which hilariously lead to the door handles being really low on the small pick-up versions.

They were built on the aussie international AB/C/D, which itself was derived from the American International A-series, which dated back to 1956, but had regular height door handles.

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

I made a horrible mistake on the weekend and bought a 28 year old car:

1993 W124 300CE Cabriolet with just under 100K miles in bornite metallic.

We're the 3rd owners, the POs had her for 16 and 12 years respectively. Colorado car with a stint in KC - more cobwebs under the car (some) than rust (none).

Availed of my free drive sans license plates here in CO and drove her back home across the entirety of Denver - about 1.5 hrs. I can honestly say I understand why Mercedes thought they could charge a cool $75K in 1993 dollars. She rides fantastically well, the straight six still pulls, and the 4-s peed auto still shifts smoothly. And that's at 28 years of age, and on 14 (!) year old tires.

I daresay our daughter approves as well:

Was thinking about starting a small project thread to cover the W124 in general and some of the catch-up work that needs to be done in particular.
The current punch list: steering wheel needs a new skin, driver's window actuation is a bit tired, the speedo wobbles, and I'm sure I'll find more stuff once I get going.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Ohhh fuckyes. Those 300CE M103/4 hybrid engines rock! What a great example you've found. Definitely do a thread.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Does the clock work

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

^^^ I dig it, droopy door handles and all.

Nothing special going on here, just saw interesting light and stopped to snap a picture. Knock on wood Mademoiselle Le Sketch is turning into a reliable daily. That process has only taken two years and several grand in repairs and upgrades. It’s sitting on a fully refreshed front suspension powered by Koni FSD shocks and poly bushings everywhere. The entire charge air system is pretty much new as is the mechanical bits of the cooling system.

What’s next? For one it has a leaky PCV and valve cover and it’s probably (definitely) on the factory VANOS solenoid and timing chain assembly. And at 120k miles over 13 years it’s, uh, due. Once that is done I’ll refresh the rear suspension plus add a 22mm sway bar. Then (next year) it’s getting decatted and tuned!

I love this stupid little go kart.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I host an annual car cruise in New England with around 70 other enthusiasts, put about 700 miles on the car over this weekend and it never skipped a beat. I did get a brief ride in a friend's built 8S TTRS with ~800whp and holy poo poo that thing MOVES, I couldn't imagine living with that on a daily basis in my car.

Here's a lovely fall foliage iphone pic at Stratton Mountain.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Powershift posted:

Dodge AU did that too with the D5N which hilariously lead to the door handles being really low on the small pick-up versions.

They were built on the aussie international AB/C/D, which itself was derived from the American International A-series, which dated back to 1956, but had regular height door handles.

Dad's truck had the earlier push button doors, rather than the later ones where you had to pull up a flap

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

GramCracker posted:

I host an annual car cruise in New England with around 70 other enthusiasts, put about 700 miles on the car over this weekend and it never skipped a beat. I did get a brief ride in a friend's built 8S TTRS with ~800whp and holy poo poo that thing MOVES, I couldn't imagine living with that on a daily basis in my car.

This is a pretty car, nice work.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

GramCracker posted:

That green is gorgeous

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

bird with big dick posted:

Does the clock work

Probably, the clocks in these have the occasional dry capacitor issue, but tend to run forever. The clock in my 84 still keeps perfect time.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

freelop posted:

That green is gorgeous

Green cars best cars.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

morothar posted:

I made a horrible mistake on the weekend and bought a 28 year old car:

That is classy as gently caress, I love it.

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

Since we sold the Element, we needed another car to fill that gap.
A practically brand new 220,000 mile 2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i

And to think our 16 year old gave us crap about the age of the car. Kids these days.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Ether Frenzy posted:

This is a pretty car, nice work.

freelop posted:

That green is gorgeous

Thanks for the compliments, much appreciated!

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 16, 2021

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

got out with a friend and experimented with some still and moving shots of my car since he's interested in coming out and taking pics at the next rally i'll be competing in. he learned a lot and got some good pics too

this last one is me thinking about how much i :love: my rx-7

after seeing some better pictures of my car, it's reinforcing my desire to get some new wheels and rubber for this thing to really tie it all together. those old mags look great but are so faded it's crazy

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That is one gorgeous rx-7. One of my biggest automotive regrets is selling my red 81 w/ t-tops, but even 20 years ago it wasn't in as good condition as yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

nerdrum posted:

LOUVER MIATA

This is loving A E S T H E T I C and you know it. I loving love it.