Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bf takes hours to get your bearings in and i dont have hours to give to a beta that will disappear tomorrow so its highly unfun just to dabble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Like sure its only one map but its impossibly huge to learn in even a whole play session of matches and the ui is total crap which makes everything way harder on top of the no aim assist for controller players (wtf?!?)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Is there an Xbox controller that does gyro aiming? Can't do a console fps without it anymore.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Fly Ricky posted:

Is Far Cry: Caveman any good? That’s in my backlog. I’m playing Mad Max right now; my standards are pretty low.

I have played a little of it, it's Far Cry with a coat of caveman paint on it. I didn't get super far into it because you have to craft weapons and I just wasn't in the mood to deal with that. Also somehow I got stomped on by a mammoth. 10/10

I think it was built out of FC4 so it should probably play similar like Blood Dragon did for 3.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Is there an Xbox controller that does gyro aiming? Can't do a console fps without it anymore.

Theres no accelerometer in any official controller

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Catching up with some of the new BC news, and Dead or Alive 3, and Gunvalkyrie being added to BC would make me so happy. Those were two of my favorite OG Xbox games.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I had to give up on BF2042 after I got sucked into a tornado twice and thrown off the map

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

McGurk posted:

I had to give up on BF2042 after I got sucked into a tornado twice and thrown off the map

Hype for this game really nose dived very quickly with the release of this beta. I wouldn't be surprised if DICE delayed BF2042 further.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Climate change is a bitch

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

Laserface posted:

The paddles on my elite v2 are wearing out. Not the actual buttons but the little hook area the paddles connect to. The metal paddle is harder than the plastic and naturally has chewed it out making one paddle feel very mushy. Actuate the button directly and it feels fine though.

Blimey that's not good either.

So the thin long plastic paddles on the scuf go over a raised bit in the middle as just part of the pressing action. So of course they eventually just broke and cracked in normal use.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

So under the g of prestige is where the lump underside is that activates the action when you press. It's a really bad design.

As for why this melty thing happened, they couldn't tell me either but I've never in years of being a controller-haver had anything like it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Join the accessibility insiders group and campaign for one with me

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
Just finished Katana Zero, and it's excellent. It leaves Gamepass on the 16th, I think, but it's short enough (five hours or so, maybe less depending on how gud you are) and it's well worth checking out before it's gone if you like Hotline Miami-esque action games.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Gyro aiming requires good software implementation too though, doesn't it? Like, you couldn't just use a gyro controller in Halo and expect it to work well.

I've played splatoon and gyro aiming is great, and I'd love to see it on xbox. But I also wonder if there'd be some pushback to its widespread implementation on consoles. People who've spent years playing console shooters with controllers might not like having to learn a new mechanical skill in order to stay competitive.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

super fart shooter posted:

Gyro aiming requires good software implementation too though, doesn't it? Like, you couldn't just use a gyro controller in Halo and expect it to work well.

I've played splatoon and gyro aiming is great, and I'd love to see it on xbox. But I also wonder if there'd be some pushback to its widespread implementation on consoles. People who've spent years playing console shooters with controllers might not like having to learn a new mechanical skill in order to stay competitive.

Xbox is crossplaying with pc in halo so they are already getting worked by a better input method

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Absolutely crazy how every single Sony machine since the PS3 has had gyro and basically no FPS games ever used it. It’s sooo good on switch.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Real hurthling! posted:

Xbox is crossplaying with pc in halo so they are already getting worked by a better input method

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure the controller player base is still huge, so it's not like you're getting worked by everyone. My point is, if most people started using gyro, and you didn't, then you'd really get left behind, and be getting worked by two different, better input methods

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Absolutely crazy how every single Sony machine since the PS3 has had gyro and basically no FPS games ever used it. It’s sooo good on switch.

https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/965962815872921600
https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/965969699992416257

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gyro does a good job of bringing the gap between sticks and kb/m. It's so weird how Sony and Microsoft's consoles are geared more towards shooters but Nintendo's has the best controller input for them, even on the multiplatform games.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure the controller player base is still huge, so it's not like you're getting worked by everyone. My point is, if most people started using gyro, and you didn't, then you'd really get left behind, and be getting worked by two different, better input methods

If I was getting worked by both sides of the room I'd probably at least pose the question of "why am I not using one of those options?"

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Bit disappointed Far Cry 6 doesn't have M+KB support when Assassins Creed did. Would've been better served for an FPS title.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sickening they didn’t backport it to PS4 and into eternal

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

It can be done game to game, look at how fortnite, overwatch, apex and every hirez game implemented it. Just tell the devs they can open the switch gyro profile to xbox side and change the buttons. And it can be brute forced from system side, see steam controllers.

Xbox is supposed to be the premier shooter console, so why am I playing most of those games on the switch now?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Real hurthling! posted:

Like sure its only one map but its impossibly huge to learn in even a whole play session of matches and the ui is total crap which makes everything way harder on top of the no aim assist for controller players (wtf?!?)

There's no aim assist? Are you sure? I'm doing just fine with a controller. Haven't tried sniping, but I can't snipe even with aim assist.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

There is no aim assist in the beta afaik. Maybe in the full release but idk

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Real hurthling! posted:

There is no aim assist in the beta afaik. Maybe in the full release but idk

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefiel...web2x&context=3.

Looks like it's an option in the data mining. Kind of weird they'd not have that already in, but the configuration options are pretty bare bones in the beta.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I played some of the BF beta earlier. It felt like absolute poo poo. I’ll be playing halo instead

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I played some of the BF beta earlier. It felt like absolute poo poo. I’ll be playing halo instead

This for sure. I am excited for Halo.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Played through that Procession to Calvary game last night. Fun little point and click adventure, thankfully without much pixel hunting. There's a bunch of genuinely funny moments, even if some of the humour veers dangerously close to "le epic meme" territory. And of course, if you're a fan of Renaissance art you'll probably get a kick out of seeing what's been used where.

Only real complaint is that the main character moves insanely slowly, so when you're backtracking a bunch of times to find the right item or doing fetch-style quests it can get pretty tedious.

But the whole game is doable in 4-5 hours, quicker if you get stuck on something and google it like I did :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:yeah:

I had BF pre-ordered, but like Call of Duty Vanguard, I've cancelled my pre-order after playing the beta. It's a shame, too, because I've had a ton of fun with other entries in the Battlefield series. Oh well.

I'll be playing a lot of Halo too.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

webmeister posted:

Played through that Procession to Calvary game last night. Fun little point and click adventure, thankfully without much pixel hunting. There's a bunch of genuinely funny moments, even if some of the humour veers dangerously close to "le epic meme" territory. And of course, if you're a fan of Renaissance art you'll probably get a kick out of seeing what's been used where.

Only real complaint is that the main character moves insanely slowly, so when you're backtracking a bunch of times to find the right item or doing fetch-style quests it can get pretty tedious.

But the whole game is doable in 4-5 hours, quicker if you get stuck on something and google it like I did :v:

You can double click to run, it speeds her up a bit. I managed to beat it without cheating although I'm not sure of the "why" for the riddle puzzle, that was dumb luck.

I did have a to Google for the achievement for the first ending, as I apparently did then in reverse order. Fortunately that ending only takes about 5-10 minutes to get.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The atmosphere and music and world of Sable are all very cool. Gameplay so far feels like it’s trying to be a bit breath of the wild and a bit journey and ends up feeling not as inspired as either

But still the moment post tutorial when the song kicks in was great

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
The music for Sable is by one of my favorite lofi indie rock artists, Japanese Breakfast, and if you enjoyed Sable you might enjoy her other music too!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

chupacabraTERROR posted:

The music for Sable is by one of my favorite lofi indie rock artists, Japanese Breakfast, and if you enjoyed Sable you might enjoy her other music too!

This is actually why I checked it out!! My wife is a huge fan and was like “what’s Sable”. She really loved the moment where the title theme kicks in but the rest is a bit more ambient than she expected (but still good)

Edit: no idea how this 2 person indie studio managed to book an up and coming indie artist to do literally the whole soundtrack

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Got into the console cloud beta, so I popped into mcc without downloading it and started a campaign and I swear it almost felt local. Was sniping with no issues and what seemed like no delay. I'm gonna hop into sable and see if the servers run it better than the XboneX.

Edit: it runs so much better I'm uninstalling all of my local single player games

No man's sky is a little softer at times but still good, though the slight delay can be felt more because NMS' character controller isn't terrific.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 10, 2021

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know if Black is available for the emulator? gently caress I loved that game.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Anyone know if Black is available for the emulator? gently caress I loved that game.
Black is supported by back-compat, and if you have Game Pass Ultimate it's part of EA Play.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

This is actually why I checked it out!! My wife is a huge fan and was like “what’s Sable”. She really loved the moment where the title theme kicks in but the rest is a bit more ambient than she expected (but still good)

Edit: no idea how this 2 person indie studio managed to book an up and coming indie artist to do literally the whole soundtrack

David Cage got Bowie to do a bunch of music and voice characters for Omikron.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Omikron remake when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

John F Bennett posted:

Man, coming from the Halo test flight, BF2042 is boring as hell. It takes a gazillion years to get to the action.

If you press LB and RB it brings up a menu that lets you airdrop a jeep. Doesn't seem to work all the time though.