Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Is that last panel the revving of the King Engine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I really loved this chapter. It's really amazing the way ONE gives backstory and emotion behind every character. The Bang backstory with him in the Garou role was great, but even seeing the "flashback" from the last chapter, but from Genos' perspective added a lot of dramatic tension. The King reveal will be so much more epic now!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah I can't wait to learn King's backstory and why he had to seal his strength in the past

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Bang looks as jacked as a DBZ character

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

chapter needed more young Bang with mustache, 2/10

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

it is time

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Are we finally at the fireworks factory?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gologle posted:

Are we finally at the fireworks factory?

In 3 months time after 16 more redraws.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'm not even sure what you guys consider the fireworks factory at this point, but I sure know you're obnoxious about it.

Anyway, young Bang actually being an old-school shonen villain and eventually growing into a hero and the relationship with his brother were a fantastic background I didn't even know I needed, and helped re-establish the emotional stakes of Garou's arc. It's cool stuff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

young bang looks like kiryu kazuma but less sexy

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I'm not even sure what you guys consider the fireworks factory at this point, but I sure know you're obnoxious about it.

Holy poo poo this.

Shut up about not getting to the goddamn fireworks factory; we're in the fireworks factory, it's just not panning out the way y'all have hyped it up in your mind with blown out expectations.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Want to say I live the gag of setting up this epic fight between Bang and Bomb in their prime, and then it hard cutting to Bang all beaten up

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Parrotine posted:

Holy poo poo this.

Shut up about not getting to the goddamn fireworks factory; we're in the fireworks factory, it's just not panning out the way y'all have hyped it up in your mind with blown out expectations.

I mean the reality is that it's literally impossible to convey the web comic in manga form. All the added stuff, no matter if you think it's good or not, is added stuff. That changes the pacing. Like broad spoilers, the web comic is basically "The S Class show up, kill some mooks, and then get loving bodied". About as fast as it took me to write that. That is fundamentally a different experience than what the manga is doing, because the manga has longer fights and new content, including entirely new characters and stuff. So the manga can not tell the story that the web comic did, just on that level. Without getting into more subjective issues of what you think about the changes, the fact there are changes at all makes it a new story.

People expecting the web comic to get adapted at this point need to understand that's not what is happening. And it's been pretty obvious for years that it was never going to be a straight adaptation. People need to let it go, maybe just show up to see two page spreads of the moments they care about or something.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I was under the impression the firework factory posts were purely ironic at this point.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ive been too afraid to ask which hero is the fireworks factory for years at this point. Is it a Genos thing?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
genos is full of explosions, so yeah.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Ive been too afraid to ask which hero is the fireworks factory for years at this point. Is it a Genos thing?

I bet Garou finally gives full frontal.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Parrotine posted:

Holy poo poo this.

It’s irony, the manga has deviated so much that webcomic readers don’t actually have a clue what’s happening either. It’s possible one or two things could still make it over, but its also possible that nothing does.

It isn’t blown out hype though, the webcomic is pretty drat good at this point of the story. There’s been comparisons posted of ONE’s storyboarding and the early parts of the redraw being very similar, he has talent! It’s good poo poo and I’ll probably link the start of the monster association arc when this arc is over (sometime in 3 years) so people can see how different it is, but also how good it is.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

TheLoneStar posted:

I was under the impression the firework factory posts were purely ironic at this point.

You are correct. With a broad sprinking of whinges about the amount of redraws added in.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

young bang looks like kiryu kazuma but less sexy

This is what would happen to Kiryu if he stopped being a virgin and/or killed people.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
tbh I would very much like to have Saitama appear in the comic again, besides bit parts

I know it's hard to write conflicts with stakes when he's around but that's the whole point of the comic

at this point I just check in on the comic around once a year and see if they're still attacking the monster association hq

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 10, 2021

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
If anything Saitama's appeared more times in the manga MA arc than he did in the webcomic. He basically disappears until the finale.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I know it's not our place to question genius yadda yadda, but I wish they'd just get on with finishing this arc.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

skaianDestiny posted:

If anything Saitama's appeared more times in the manga MA arc than he did in the webcomic. He basically disappears until the finale.
But then the path to the finale is also brutally shorter.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

I know it's not our place to question genius yadda yadda, but I wish they'd just get on with finishing this arc.

I can honestly say with all the re-draws and just general pacing, i have lost any sense of where people are in the story, what they’re trying to accomplish outside of fighting monsters who appear out of the blue and all the tension has been completely deflated. The redraws arent even worth it because they’ve added nothing of real value outside of maybe having slightly cooler fight scenes here or there

Bisse posted:

But then the path to the finale is also brutally shorter.

This is also it. I don’t even particularly like this arc in the webcomic either, but at least it didn’t drag on as badly as this

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Flesnolk posted:

Same here. It's been enjoyable but Christ has it just dragged on. How many years has it been since the heroes infiltrated the monster's base? Two? Three?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
There zero chance the pacing will pick up after we get past this arc. This is just how the manga is, now.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Considering the endless redraws I'm not convinced Murata has any intention of ending this arc

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm still confused as to what schedule this manga is even on.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It isn't really on one since it's a web only release rather than a magazine release even if its collected into volumes later on. In theory I think it's supposed to be bi-monthly, but it hasn't kept that up since early on and the page counts of the chapters vary dramatically so it's harder to pin down the actual rate.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Flesnolk posted:

Considering the endless redraws I'm not convinced Murata has any intention of ending this arc

Murata's Paradox.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/IL7o4yc/1/1/

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Finally, the hero has arrived.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cue 8 more pages of people talking about the fireworks factory, while I settle in and wait for the redraw to the Lightning Max and Sea King fight to make him look less outmatched though he still loses the battle ultimately.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
In terms of "running gags" that OPM uses, I don't know if there is really one I like more than King being overestimated by everyone he faces and the misunderstandings that ensue.

My favorite of course being the monster who killed himself due to fear.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jerkface posted:

In terms of "running gags" that OPM uses, I don't know if there is really one I like more than King being overestimated by everyone he faces and the misunderstandings that ensue.

My favorite of course being the monster who killed himself due to fear.

My favorite is the assassins in the diner who he mistakes for fans wanting a signature, while they lose their minds about how he has effortlessly seen through their disguises and been noble enough to give them an out to walk away with dignity (then they pick a fight with Saitama once they're outside :lol:)

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The King Engine-! Roaring!!!!!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Not nearly enough King Engine in those panels.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

RareAcumen posted:

Cue 8 more pages of people talking about the fireworks factory, while I settle in and wait for the redraw to the Lightning Max and Sea King fight to make him look less outmatched though he still loses the battle ultimately.

We've been at the fireworks factory for a few chapters now, tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

K I N G