Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
You can plot how far someone is in this game based on what flavour of "gently caress X" they're commenting on.

Mine is gently caress STEAM so necessary and so awful to acquire without leaving your pumps and volcanos running overnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I don't get the EFF x1 20% [steam] markers next to gems - are they saying gems make steam faster? steam makes gems faster?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

xiw posted:

I don't get the EFF x1 20% [steam] markers next to gems - are they saying gems make steam faster? steam makes gems faster?

It means that each time you craft a gem, you have a 20% chance to gain 1 steam.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Sage Grimm posted:

You can plot how far someone is in this game based on what flavour of "gently caress X" they're commenting on.

Mine is gently caress STEAM so necessary and so awful to acquire without leaving your pumps and volcanos running overnight.

Steam requires far too many manual clicks before you get the producer, yeah. At least lava is just a waiting game.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Evolve Idle sounds really cool but it's been 3 days and I haven't hit first prestige yet. Does it get any faster?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Xand_Man posted:

Evolve Idle sounds really cool but it's been 3 days and I haven't hit first prestige yet. Does it get any faster?

Yes, significantly. Although you should really use the automation scripts and then tailor it to your own needs as even the token amount of in-built automation leaves a bunch of boring busywork.

I should note however that absolute endgame 4* challenge runs will still take a few days.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 8, 2021

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Rynoto posted:

Steam requires far too many manual clicks before you get the producer, yeah. At least lava is just a waiting game.

Wait a few hours and automate gem crafting for the percent chance of steam then? The long part there is the 1000 energy, 1000 silver 1000 iron, holy poo poo that's named iron I assumed it was silver, isn't much if you build a bunch of lava buildings.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Rynoto posted:

Yes, significantly. Although you should really use the automation scripts and then tailor it to your own needs as even the token amount of in-built automation leaves a bunch of boring busywork.

I should note however that absolute endgame 4* challenge runs will still take a few days.

Is there one you'd recommend? A quick Google makes it look like there was some drama and a project fork

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

pixaal posted:

Wait a few hours and automate gem crafting for the percent chance of steam then? The long part there is the 1000 energy, 1000 silver 1000 iron, holy poo poo that's named iron I assumed it was silver, isn't much if you build a bunch of lava buildings.

It’s still a lot, but possible. I sort of like clicking the steam button. I don’t need to do it, but there’s not much else going on as I wait for my lava to not seem to go anywhere because it’s getting used on gems. Should have gone with steam before hem automation, but I guess I can just turn them off for a bit.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Xand_Man posted:

Is there one you'd recommend? A quick Google makes it look like there was some drama and a project fork

There's really only one nowadays and it's Here. The old script used to require a special fork but now they can work on top of the official version. Just make sure debug mode is enabled.

It has tons of options and just blindly turning them all on will stall you out hard, especially if you're still first run so I'd suggest only using lighter automation options like AutoFight until you dig into it and start customizing.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 8, 2021

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

pixaal posted:

Running gem production uses a bunch of lava which stops it accruing for the steam producer :v: Even with 25 volcanoes + liquid upgrade so far.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

ok I guess the game keeps ticking while you've closed the tab but lol what the gently caress is going on here

e: in the time since i posted that i'm up to 4 apples so i'm clueless lmao

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 8, 2021

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

dis astranagant posted:

It took me the better part of a day, though I walked away for extended periods. By the time you get up near 50 powder you start needing low millions of energy per powder.

I must have missed something entirely, then. I managed to speed up things the last few hours and went from 9->33 Powder, but now I'm energy locked and my napkin math says it will be another day just to get out from under that.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

ok I guess the game keeps ticking while you've closed the tab but lol what the gently caress is going on here

Apples are a 5% chance of dropping from trees when they're cut down. You can see the chance next to logs.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Rynoto posted:

Apples are a 5% chance of dropping from trees when they're cut down. You can see the chance next to logs.

yes by this point i had cut down hundreds, if not thousands of logs, and had only gotten 1 apple.

10 apples since that post now, complaining works i guess~~

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Lone Goat posted:

It looks like it kept ticking trees but did but keep cutting them down...?

I left the tab open overnight and had 88 apples when I woke up.

EDIT: huh, saw your reply, I wonder if it's an issue with the closed tab not calculating apples correctly?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
My strong suspicion is that certain things are hard-coded to not unlock/drop until certain conditions are met, regardless of their actual droprate.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

I'm at a point in Resource Grid where I'm constrained by energy and lava, and guess what? All energy and lava generators/efficiency upgrades cost energy and lava. What else costs lava? Gemstone generation, so I can't even make peripheral progress. Awesome. If you're going to walk away, buy all the loving Lava/Energy upgrades and generators you can.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Thirst Mutilator posted:

I'm at a point in Resource Grid where I'm constrained by energy and lava, and guess what? All energy and lava generators/efficiency upgrades cost energy and lava. What else costs lava? Gemstone generation, so I can't even make peripheral progress. Awesome. If you're going to walk away, buy all the loving Lava/Energy upgrades and generators you can.

Toggle auto lets you turn off producers that are strangling your ability to produce what you need.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

Toggle auto lets you turn off producers that are strangling your ability to produce what you need.

Even with downstream generators turned off I had to wait about 2 hours for my generators to produce enough energy to get the fluid upgrade, then another 3-4 for my volcanos to produce lava for the steam generator. I get it's an idle incremental, but it felt like such a huge bottleneck compared to everything before

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea that's where I ended up having to let it run overnight, progression just ground to a complete halt.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Even with downstream generators turned off I had to wait about 2 hours for my generators to produce enough energy to get the fluid upgrade, then another 3-4 for my volcanos to produce lava for the steam generator. I get it's an idle incremental, but it felt like such a huge bottleneck compared to everything before

Fluid upgrade is kind of a trap. By the time you can afford it you can just about afford to prestige.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

What should I focus on at this point? All the big upgrades that are just out of reach seem to require about 1 mil+ energy, but adding more generators doesn't seem to be very efficient and I'm out of replicanti for the next generator upgrade. Do I just leave it for a day or two to get that energy at this point?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Replicanti, Energy Upgrades, Gem Pickaxes, and Gem Upgrades will get you to first prestige.

And on prestige notes: Fast Forward is apparently not linear and the second upgrade is a wonderful 1.6x global speed increase :allears: Also level 5 empower helps with lava generation massively.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Note that other than early logs, stones, and the loot line you get more benefit from going 2 in the producer and the product than 5 in either of them.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I do not understand the prestige Empowers. If I want Energy and Lava, do I put them on Energy and Lava? Or do I put them on Generators and Volcanos?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Both actually, they are multiplicative if you put it on both the resource and the thing creating that resource.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Where does Elethor go after T3 gear?

Getting T3 gear wasn't too bad of a grind but getting to T4 is taking forever. There doesn't seem to be much decision making to do either. Not really sure where this game is going?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

Where does Elethor go after T3 gear?

Getting T3 gear wasn't too bad of a grind but getting to T4 is taking forever. There doesn't seem to be much decision making to do either. Not really sure where this game is going?

Looks like you're at the level for T5 gear so you can just skip T4 (except the earrings, which you already have - for those skip T5 and pick up T6 when you get to 100).

It looks like a lot of your T3 gear isn't fully reinforced and all of it is missing at least one energizement. If you're struggling to kill things for T5 drops (looks like dark delves and dark tusks) then finish energizing your T3 stuff first. Also your augments (the right 2x2 of gear slots) are going to be there until you finish T6 quests, so energize those ASAP. That won't add much but it's super cheap to do and anything is better than nothing. If you need abyssal essence for crafting things just get that off the market, it's super cheap. Last thing, if you're just having a hard time moving up, don't. Stay on the highest mob you can max kill (maybe move back one from that if it's 85% vs. 80% gold drop). Also you're 67 mining so just mine the rhenium for T5 rifle (if you're not on rhenium, move up ASAP - your goal for mining before level 100 is just to get as much XP as you can).

First thing to do: craft a T5 rifle. For most gear, you want to reroll until you get mostly positive stats. But for the rifle all that really matters is that speed and pierce are 0 or better (for T5 this would be 9 speed and 16 pierce). If savagery rolls low, who cares, it's a range of 77-83.

Once you get a good enough gun, reinforce it. Always go for pierce reinforcements when available; for gear that doesn't take it (most armor), go 50/50 fortitude and savagery. Then put a puncture 4 essence on it (3.7m on market right now). Sell off ores if you have to, it's worth it. The T4-T5 scraps on the market look expensive, but it's still cheaper than crafting - again, sell ores and buy items. There is no T6 rifle, so this gun will be with you until level 115.

Once you're finished reinforcing (and puncturing), unlock all the energizements, and just roll all 3 until you get at least one IDR and one damage%. If you have other T5 gear by this point, stop here, you want to save your energizing shards for getting good rolls elsewhere. But if you have shards to spare, lock in the damage% and IDR and roll for another one of those on the third slot. (Whether it rolls T4 or T5 doesn't matter, it's the same amount for both tiers.)

If you somehow can't afford the puncture essence right away, you should still be able to move up a bit; save up gold and sell drops/ores until you can afford it.

Next thing to craft is a T5 belt, this goes in a currently-empty slot so it's a straight upgrade. For the belt, and for all armor, first thing you want to do is look at the speed range on the crafting menu. If it's 0-X, then don't worry about getting a positive speed roll; some or all of the range is just 0 and it's not worth a ton of rerolling. Ideally you want positive rolls on pierce, armor, and speed. Two positive and one zero is fine. Don't worry about the savagery/fortitude rolls; the variance there is a pittance compared to what you'll get by reinforcing it. Again, for armor you want to split reinforcements 50/50 between savagery and fortitude. T5 gear has 12 reinforcement slots so that's 6 of each, but you might want to pay attention to the sav/fort rolls at this point, if it's like +3 sav and -3 fort then go for 5 sav and 7 fort reinforcements. Or don't, if you don't feel like it, it probably doesn't make a huge difference.

Work on it one piece of gear at a time, always reinforcing and energizing before equipping it and moving on to the next piece. At first you want to just have any energizements on the rest of the gear, but some pieces have special energizements that don't show up on other slots:

-Chest: Armor per 10 levels. This isn't worth it below T7.
-Legs and Boots: Speed%. This is a priority, and why, after the belt, you should craft legs and boots next. Ideally, in the long run, you want 3x 11% speed on each; in the short term, at least 4 total speed% energizements will help a lot. For T5 gear, this is where you want to spend almost all of your energizing shards, but save a few to roll off crappy energizements on other pieces.
-Weapons: Damage% and IDR. Between the main hand and off hand you want at least 2 of each, and ideally in the long run at least 4x IDR. This should be your second priority after speed%.
-Glove: Pierce% and IDR (On T6+, it's +pierce/10 levels instead of pierce%). Third priority. For T5 gear, you should probably prefer the pierce% over the IDR, since the IDR isn't as good as on the weapons, and you can't get pierce% energizements on most gear until T6.
-Earring and Belt: Min damage% and max damage%. The standard damage roll is 85-115%, these numbers modify those; as a result, these energizements are worth half as much as an equivalent damage% energizement. So they're not amazing, but still better than +2 fortitude per 10 levels.
-Exo-Arm: Damage%. On the T1 arm you'll be stuck with until T6 quests, this is only 5%, but 3x 5% is a good chunk of damage, and they only take basic energizing shards to reroll, so it's worth the time to do that.
-Shoulder (only craftable at T6 and up): Min damage and max damage again.

These are the ones you want to make sure you have when available. For everything else, you want some amount of fortitude% and savagery% (no real preference), but prefer armor% if it shows up. The "per 10 levels" for fortitude and savagery are terrible considering you'll have hundreds of those already from reinforced gear.

(Note: Next bit mostly for after level 100.)

Do not empower your T5 gear. By the time you've finished all your reinforcing and energizing on T5, you should be able to do the T6 quests and probably won't need to empower. Empowering gets expensive fast and while it does add a lot of base stats, most of it is savagery and fortitude, which you should already have a lot of. You should be able to finish some of the quests for the T6 augments before you reach level 100. You still want to get these reinforced and energized before empowering, but there's nothing above T6 augments, so you can empower those. At levels 3, 6, and 9 empowerment you hit a stopping point where failing can't send you back down. First step is to get level 4 on all pieces, this will be 10 fort/sav and 5 pierce/armor. (Note: empowering adds base stats that energizements multiply, this is why fort/sav per 10 levels are terrible. Pierce/armor per 10 levels, which does show up later, can sometimes be worth it, but I think it's mostly a T8 thing.) After level 4 you want to take one piece at a time to level 10. Level 9 gives +10 speed, and level 10+ gives 1% allstat, which is applied after energizements to fortitude/savagery/pierce/armor/speed. If you fail on an attempt to go from 9 to 10, you can't drop below 9, so just keep trying until you hit 10. Get this on all your augments, which when combined with perfect speed rolls on legs/boots will give you over 100 more total speed.

Also if you're stuck on ingredients/funds, check the corp bank, there's a lot of stuff in there, and ask in chat if what you need isn't there. Stuff like T5 scrap starts dropping like candy from later mobs so a lot of us have extra.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I got bored waiting around on Resource Grid.
Instead playing FE000000 again. Looks like it's finished now, or at least there's stuff in the guide after Finality which I didn't read cause I don't wanna spoil myself.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

i got hooked on that evolve game after kittens started slowing down for me

love the accelerated time feature but i basically can't play without it now so after every run i have to stop playing to let it build up

shoutout to whoever linked the script earlier im gonna mess around with it

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Pretty sure something is up with Resource Grid's chances of getting rarer materials. I have about a 13% chance to get a sapphire stone right now and I just watched my shiny stone tick over 50something times before I got one.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

This is some gourmet posting, i'll have a thorough look through this

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Pretty sure something is up with Resource Grid's chances of getting rarer materials. I have about a 13% chance to get a sapphire stone right now and I just watched my shiny stone tick over 50something times before I got one.

Toshimo posted:

My strong suspicion is that certain things are hard-coded to not unlock/drop until certain conditions are met, regardless of their actual droprate.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Can someone send me a Corp invite in Elethor?

Trastion in game also.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

I already had used half a prestige's worth of sapphires, they just randomly stopped dropping from shiny stones for like two minutes.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I already had used half a prestige's worth of sapphires, they just randomly stopped dropping from shiny stones for like two minutes.

Sounds like you did something to offend the rules of the RNG.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Bunch of people itt not understanding that rng is rng.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Considering what happened had like a 0.0002% chance of occurring, I think "it's a bug" is a pretty safe bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

dis astranagant posted:

What I want to know is how the gently caress you're supposed to get the 1 in millions drop off shiny stone. Going full send after prestiging once gets me a whole 30 per second and prestiging again isn't going to change that much.