Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

i have :10bux:, how much stock is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

having been a VC in the AI space, I routinely saw better pitches posted ironically on the forums than appeared in my office, yeah

send me money bitch

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Subjunctive posted:

having been a VC in the AI space, I routinely saw better pitches posted ironically on the forums than appeared in my office, yeah

hello I would also like some moeny

bitch

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If you give me money I promise I will never ever give it back. Also I will not make an AI.

e: bitch

Facebook Aunt has issued a correction as of 03:01 on Oct 10, 2021

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

send me money bitch

Biplane posted:

send me money bitch

ArmZ posted:

send me money bitch

The Chairman posted:

hello I would also like some moeny

bitch

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Facebook Aunt posted:

If you give me money I promise I will never ever give it back. Also I will not make an AI.

Call him a bitch you loving coward.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
I'm eager to make it in this country. I want to work hard to become a landlord and live the good life by being a business owner and hardworking landlord.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

19 o'clock posted:

I'm eager to make it in this country. I want to work hard to become a landlord and live the good life by being a business owner and hardworking landlord.

no you need to learn to code

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

no you need to learn to code

No no no, no productivity. I want to sell depreciation like a hardworking business owner.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
For real I'm getting pretty jaded these days. A majority of my friends see being landlords as the ultimate career goal and/or AirBnB'ing their homes to keep up with expenses.

It doesn't feel very sustainable in the long-term.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

19 o'clock posted:

For real I'm getting pretty jaded these days. A majority of my friends see being landlords as the ultimate career goal and/or AirBnB'ing their homes to keep up with expenses.

I have a friend who is exactly like this. He talks about hustling and wanting to buy property. I just want a home that I can live in.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I just want a home that I can live in.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they're right, working for a living is for suckers

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

19 o'clock posted:

anyone who was counting on millenials saving the day is stupid as poo poo

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Call him a bitch you loving coward.

sorry I'll fix it i'll fix it sorry

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

19 o'clock posted:

uhh yeah it’s the uber of homeownership

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Facebook Aunt posted:

sorry I'll fix it i'll fix it sorry

thank you

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I got out of being a VC after like a year, sorry. Just never felt like actually I was doing anything but moving someone else’s money around and drinking a lot of coffee. Pays well but totally unsatisfying IMO.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its a sales job, few putertouchers are actually good at it. iirc you were talkin about how your deal flow sucked too

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

the deal flow was OK, and I made 4 investments in my first (only) year, but the material coming across my desk was 99.95% stuff I just did not give one sparkling poo poo about. the board work was fun and I was decent at it, but that’s a small part of a seed-stage job

one of those investments is a unicorn now; should have stayed longer to let my carry vest, I guess!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
where’s my money you bitch cashapp me some money

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

i don't feel ok about using gendered insults

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Shifty Nipples posted:

How ‘bout poo poo-pile?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Shifty Nipples posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Shifty Nipples posted:

I gave all the goons a bitch pass it's cool

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I have a friend who is exactly like this. He talks about hustling and wanting to buy property. I just want a home that I can live in.

Danish newspapers/media have a thing where they occasionally show people "hacking the system" and retiring by 40 by, you guessed it, investing all their money in either stock or property. Just naked glorification of parasitism.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

BonHair posted:

Danish newspapers/media have a thing where they occasionally show people "hacking the system" and retiring by 40 by, you guessed it, investing all their money in either stock or property. Just naked glorification of parasitism.

That happens everywhere I'm afraid

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

BonHair posted:

Yeah, CBC had an article about a guy who lived like poo poo in his twenties working multiple jobs, buying a home and renting it out while living in the basement and eating poo poo, all so he could either retire by thirty iirc.

I feel like I’m getting the details wrong but the tone of the article was “while it’s not for everyone, it IS POSSIBLE” but my take away was “You will never have your twenties again”

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah, CBC had an article about a guy who lived like poo poo in his twenties working multiple jobs, buying a home and renting it out while living in the basement and eating poo poo, all so he could either retire by thirty iirc.

I feel like I’m getting the details wrong but the tone of the article was “while it’s not for everyone, it IS POSSIBLE” but my take away was “You will never have your twenties again”

I dont have my twenties anyways
The only way to be able to retire well early is to be able to retire before you are even born

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I shop at walmart im supporting family owned businesses

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Mameluke posted:

I shop at walmart im supporting family owned businesses

I get my opioids from a nice lil mom and pop pharmaceutical company.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I'm willing to "own" any business in exchange for 10% gross, communist owned business is the next big thing

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is this gasoline from the Gulf? I'm trying to support Arab-owned businesses

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

I want to shop black women military family owned products and services

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Sorry, I only buy from orphaned celibate pacifist Asian men.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/1447322544089010183

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lol reminds me of the cardboard garden at CHAZ

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Always fresh in our memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

but there’s soil under the cars