Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

And that barista's name, was Albert Einstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ostentatious posted:

Today when I went to Starbucks.with my divorced wife and ordered a mocha with skim free milk and dairy free whipped cream, and I saw someone walk in with a MAGA hat (mayke america great again) and he ordered a coffee and wanted “Trump won” written on the cup. I could tell the barista was uncomfortable so I sprung into action. I hopped onto the table in a single leap and bellowed out “Trump won? More like Chud Suck!” He was shocked and began sobbing, no joke, on the spot and sprinted out of the Starbucks, everyone around me started clapping. They don’t call me the chudslayer for nothing, it was so impressive my wife actually undivorced me on the spot.

https://youtu.be/EfJir3WEtE8

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

nice of John Mulaney to sum up his entire career so succinctly!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Ostentatious posted:

Today when I went to Starbucks.with my divorced wife and ordered a mocha with skim free milk and dairy free whipped cream, and I saw someone walk in with a MAGA hat (mayke america great again) and he ordered a coffee and wanted “Trump won” written on the cup. I could tell the barista was uncomfortable so I sprung into action. I hopped onto the table in a single leap and bellowed out “Trump won? More like Chud Suck!” He was shocked and began sobbing, no joke, on the spot and sprinted out of the Starbucks, everyone around me started clapping. They don’t call me the chudslayer for nothing, it was so impressive my wife actually undivorced me on the spot.

Is skim-free milk actually whole milk? Or is it like milk with a pudding skin on top that nobody skimmed off? I have dairy questions.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Solid day right here.

(And my dog had his eyes closed sleeping but of course always senses when I'm trying to take his picture :3:)

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 9, 2021

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

I saw the video on Twitter and it was cool, but did you guys have to have sex right there on the table?
I'm just glad the camera person went from profile to landscape once it was obvious what was happening.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Dango Bango posted:

Solid day right here.

(And my dog had his eyes closed sleeping but of course always senses when I'm trying to take his picture :3:)

A photogenic dog.

The local rag newspaper is sponsoring a wing week with local restaurants and I've been going to at least one spot each day. Today I'm aiming at 4-5 in a row.

:btroll:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Android Apocalypse posted:

The local rag newspaper is sponsoring a wing week with local restaurants and I've been going to at least one spot each day. Today I'm aiming at 4-5 in a row.

I was out of commission for an entire day when we had the Tri-States' Largest Chili Cook-Off last Saturday. (My girlfriend basically just worked while I split time between bed and the bathroom.) I can't imagine hitting four or five wing spots in one day.

I salute you.

Dango Bango posted:

Solid day right here.

That dog has my ax.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Welp my mom has COVID. Breakthrough case.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Welp my mom has COVID. Breakthrough case.

I'm hopeful this won't be bad. Good luck, I worry about this a lot for my mom.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Ehud posted:

nice of John Mulaney to sum up his entire career so succinctly!

i will fight you

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

I'm hopeful this won't be bad. Good luck, I worry about this a lot for my mom.

Yeah same. Big concern is she's symptomatic. Guessing she got it through her job because my parents live in a very red area.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Ostentatious posted:

Mods please ban for IRL harassment of General Dog

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

LeeMajors posted:

Salute Your Shorts and Hey Dude are also purestrain 90s.

Pete and Pete was my fave though.

I loved Salute Your Shorts as well.

Hey Dude was one of those shows I thought was some fever dream for years, as I only had vague memories of it randomly being aired for a few years after it was cancelled.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud what the hell id happening in downtown Greenville tonight

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

Ehud what the hell id happening in downtown Greenville tonight

Fall for Greenville!

It’s an annual festival where everyone goes downtown and eats and drinks from local restaurants.

And also usually some lovely bands play.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

fartknocker posted:

I loved Salute Your Shorts as well.

Hey Dude was one of those shows I thought was some fever dream for years, as I only had vague memories of it randomly being aired for a few years after it was cancelled.

I have a very distinct memory of that Hey Dude. I was 10 years old and I caught chicken pox. I remember laying on the couch in my living room and watching Hey Dude and being very itchy and miserable.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/superloafcat/status/1446859042178150404

Sorry we won't help you not starve unless you sell everything of value you own first

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Camp Anawana, we hold you in our heart...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Intruder posted:

Sorry we won't help you not starve unless you sell everything of value you own first

The follow up questions are even worse. Burial plots or funeral arrangements. Do you own any tools (which could be used to make money)...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Intruder posted:

I've always rented and apartments come with their own fridge that I don't own, but if you were able to buy a house however long ago you probably own a fridge worth more than $500 bucks.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Most cell phones cost more than $500.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Skwirl posted:

I've always rented and apartments come with their own fridge that I don't own, but if you were able to buy a house however long ago you probably own a fridge worth more than $500 bucks.

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1354644125828714497

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Did a whole lot of poo poo around the house today, including swapping the mower out and snow blower into the garage. Official beginning of ready for winter.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

The follow up questions are even worse. Burial plots or funeral arrangements. Do you own any tools (which could be used to make money)...

I don't own any tools but I do own livestock.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

Fall for Greenville!

It’s an annual festival where everyone goes downtown and eats and drinks from local restaurants.

And also usually some lovely bands play.
Sounds like every festival in Chicago lol

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
My tool’s just fine, but ain’t nobody paying me $500 to use it

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

Sounds like every festival in Chicago lol

Occasionally you get the festival with good music, but summer festivals are definitely where the cover bands make some money.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Bird in a Blender posted:

Occasionally you get the festival with good music, but summer festivals are definitely where the cover bands make some money.
Lakeview Taco Fest is the best one because the vendors are unique and you have the added bonus of lucha libre

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Intruder posted:

This is literally the explicit purpose of SSI, whose income and resource limits have not been raised since 1989.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

I don't own any tools but I do own livestock.

Do not call our children "livestock". Even if I do have to herd them occasionally.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Well gently caress me my mom is very VERY symptomatic. Fully vaxxed with booster. COVID related pneumonia didn't show up on xrays but looks to be developing according to a couple of doctors.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Well gently caress me my mom is very VERY symptomatic. Fully vaxxed with booster. COVID related pneumonia didn't show up on xrays but looks to be developing according to a couple of doctors.

Ugh. Sorry dude that really sucks.

Covid is so scary to me because while there are plenty of ostensible protection measures you can take, sometimes it just loving wallops you.

Hopefully everything turns out ok. It sounds like she's done everything possible to protect herself.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 10, 2021

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hot Diggity! posted:

gently caress that sucks. Hope she gets better.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I just finally saw the Far Cry 6 trailer....is the president Gus Fring?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
drat, Hot Diggity! That is really scary and I hope your mom pulls thru. :ohdearL

Meanwhile I stopped by 5 places today to sample wings as part of Portland's Wing Week.

Smoked Habanero Ranch wings at Miss Delta.

Sweet & Spicy Cosmic wings at Ecliptic Brewing.

Fish Sauce wings at Lúa.

Painkiller - Painmaker wings at Haymaker.

It's a Gochugang Thang at The Rambler.

The only positive thing is that each place was at least a 20-30min walk from each other.

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 10, 2021

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hot Diggity! posted:

That really sucks. I hope she recovers fully.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
AA if you ever come to Seattle, there's a Vietnamese deli that serves garlic chicken wings that we always get for family events that everyone loves. Let me know and I'll hook you up!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

seiferguy posted:

AA if you ever come to Seattle, there's a Vietnamese deli that serves garlic chicken wings that we always get for family events that everyone loves. Let me know and I'll hook you up!

Hell yeah I'll keep that in mind. Here in Portland there's Pok Pok* and crispy Vietnamese wings with a fish sauce glaze is :discourse:. I did figure out how to make it myself tho so at least I'm not shelling out :10bux: every time I get a craving.

*along with a ton of other Vietnamese places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

seiferguy posted:

Let me know here so I can also get them on my way home or what not.

Hot Diggity! posted:

That sucks. I hope she gets better and recovers quickly.

My freshly neutered cat has managed to get his hard cone off 4 or 5 times so we switched him to a soft recovery collar that's so much easier to get on. Plus it's flat so he can eat a lot easier. He just got his cat drugs and is sleeping it off on the bed with the gray lady.