Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Android Apocalypse posted:

Hell yeah I'll keep that in mind. Here in Portland there's Pok Pok* and crispy Vietnamese wings with a fish sauce glaze is :discourse:. I did figure out how to make it myself tho so at least I'm not shelling out :10bux: every time I get a craving.

*along with a ton of other Vietnamese places

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Let me know here so I can also get them on my way home or what not.

Its Tan Dinh Deli in the international district. Extremely unassuming place and a little dive-y, probably makes it taste better. They have Banh Mi too, which I surprisingly haven't tried!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

seiferguy posted:

Its Tan Dinh Deli in the international district. Extremely unassuming place and a little dive-y, probably makes it taste better. They have Banh Mi too, which I surprisingly haven't tried!

Tan Dinh is great! I've never had the wings but you really should try the Banh Mi. If you're ever in Othello, hit up Hoang Lan for Bun Bo Hue and the Le Bakery also has really good Banh Mi. I'll try and stop by on my way home next week since I'll be going back to my normal hybrid telework/office day schedule.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Samadhi posted:

Surprised we lost any of the top spots to counties out of state TBQH

https://twitter.com/Patriot_Pat1/status/1446649752309882880?s=20

I laughed

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Saw hadestown premier it’s touring show in Greenville, sc

When they played Why we Build The Wall that was, uh, tense in the audience

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

FizFashizzle posted:

Wild. I was there for the matinee performance this afternoon, and yeah, that’s definitely not the crowd for that particular song.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

I love Greenville but the chuddy megachurch crowd gives me the creeps.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
gently caress yes

Whoops wrong thread

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Well gently caress me my mom is very VERY symptomatic. Fully vaxxed with booster. COVID related pneumonia didn't show up on xrays but looks to be developing according to a couple of doctors.

Is that pretty much the ideal candidate for Regeneron?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Doing sober October. First weekend down. You get a lot done on a Sunday getting up at 6 fresh as a daisy.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

LeeMajors posted:

I love Greenville but the chuddy megachurch crowd gives me the creeps.

Yeah, I have a ton of pretty leftist friends in Greenville, and while I like the city, there's definitely that vibe there

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hubris, my name is Kalli. I have spit in gods eye and received my just rewards. Collapsed in my cruise room with a 102 fever, mud butt and a persistent cough.

Woe to my folly, may it be just a scarab plague and not turned me into a Roni jabroni.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

BlindSite posted:

Doing sober October. First weekend down. You get a lot done on a Sunday getting up at 6 fresh as a daisy.

Do they even allow teetotalling over there without a permit

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If I pass bury me on my sister's goat farm with all my electronic, a half and half Brady jersey, my Randy moss jersey and my copy of kmfdm Nihil.

Anyway, y'all are cool and I'm being ridiculously melodramatic for goofs

Just be sure if the pats lose to the Texans I will 100% pass on

T-Square
May 14, 2009

WELP last night my best friend’s girlfriend ran off crying and I went to go talk to her and find out what’s up and I found out she’s been hiding that he’s not the person I thought he was and is an emotionally abusive and manipulative piece of poo poo this whole time and I can’t tell anyone because it’ll get back to him and probably put her in a bad position so I got that going for me!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Samadhi posted:

Surprised we lost any of the top spots to counties out of state TBQH

https://twitter.com/Patriot_Pat1/status/1446649752309882880?s=20

If im not mistaken the counties outside of WI that arent in Iowa are:

North Dakota - Williston
South Dakota - Sturgis
Minnesota - Whatever county Mankato is in. (Huge party school)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Kalli posted:

Hubris, my name is Kalli. I have spit in gods eye and received my just rewards. Collapsed in my cruise room with a 102 fever, mud butt and a persistent cough.

When’s your flight home scheduled. It can always be worse, the bubble guts can strike 40,000 feet up.

Do they have the little spray guns next to the toilets in Egypt? That was the only saving grace of India.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

T-Square posted:

WELP last night my best friend’s girlfriend ran off crying and I went to go talk to her and find out what’s up and I found out she’s been hiding that he’s not the person I thought he was and is an emotionally abusive and manipulative piece of poo poo this whole time and I can’t tell anyone because it’ll get back to him and probably put her in a bad position so I got that going for me!

Can you help her get out of the relationship at least? There’s also a lot of resources out there to help people get out of abusive relationships that you can get involved too.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

harperdc posted:

When’s your flight home scheduled. It can always be worse, the bubble guts can strike 40,000 feet up.

Do they have the little spray guns next to the toilets in Egypt? That was the only saving grace of India.

I took some butt stuff and have been fine for 3 hours but we'll see. Flight home is Wednesday and covid test is tomorrow. I think it's probably just massive temp changes + being around hundreds of people. Or you know it's the other thing and I'm gonna kill a whole lot of people

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
New workout: put 135 on the bar and do a power clean every 20 seconds. How many minutes can you do before form breaks down…….

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Can you help her get out of the relationship at least? There’s also a lot of resources out there to help people get out of abusive relationships that you can get involved too.

I’ll do whatever I can, I made sure she has some sort of safety net (her parents) she can fall back on so she can get out and let her know if she needs any help she has my number

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

New workout: put 135 on the bar and do a power clean every 20 seconds. How many minutes can you do before form breaks down…….

I do a 10 minute version of this at 225

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Kalli posted:

I took some butt stuff and have been fine for 3 hours but we'll see. Flight home is Wednesday and covid test is tomorrow. I think it's probably just massive temp changes + being around hundreds of people. Or you know it's the other thing and I'm gonna kill a whole lot of people

I mean, the Rona is always a worry, but it usually doesn’t make you turn green and push every drop of water in your body out the exit.

Bottled water only, homie.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Russian Guyovitch posted:

Wild. I was there for the matinee performance this afternoon, and yeah, that’s definitely not the crowd for that particular song.

Ha! Are you in South Carolina?

We drove in from Asheville

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

Kalli is on the Ivermectin :horsedrugs: and in this case it might actually be warranted.

Did you drink the water?

Did you choose a gaudy chalice from which to drink the water?

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 10, 2021

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

FizFashizzle posted:

I do a 10 minute version of this at 225

I got to 15 min with 135

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

I got to 15 min with 135

Lmao stopping when technique fails

It’s called a power clean not a technique clean

Grip and rip baby arooooo

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Lol I am using this to learn how to power clean, I figured getting 45ish reps of a decent weight with 10 seconds in between is good to learn the cues and stuff

Maybe I should just jump with a loaded trap bar instead of learning power clean

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Paint Crop Pro posted:

If im not mistaken the counties outside of WI that arent in Iowa are:

North Dakota - Williston
South Dakota - Sturgis
Minnesota - Whatever county Mankato is in. (Huge party school)

ND is little farming county with a total population of about 8500. Not very close to Williston. Beulah would be the largest town.
SD is Pierre I believe. Sturgis is way closer to the WY border.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m in love with Metroid Dread.

I wonder if the YOUNG FOLKS enjoy it or if it’s a bunch of olds like me buying it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ehud posted:

I wonder if the YOUNG FOLKS enjoy it or if it’s a bunch of olds like me buying it.

I bought it earlier today but I'm also An Old by now too so :shrug:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ehud posted:

I like it, although I have been frustrated by some parts of it and continue to work on getting parry timing right and getting used to the button configuration.

Last night as I was entering a new zone for the first time, I got an error during the travel cutscene. Game crashed and the switch threw up an error about not being able to read the SD and corruption. Dead 512gb SD card. I replaced it with a 128gb that I could get from walgreens and that should be enough. I don't think we actually needed the 512 originally - I went overboard.

Anyways, I have to redownload the rest of my games. From the looks of things, only game data not save data is saved on the SD. I would have lost two hours of gameplay otherwise. I really hope the animal crossing, hades, and botw saves are also ok.

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

FizFashizzle posted:

Ha! Are you in South Carolina?

We drove in from Asheville

I’m with my wife visiting her aunt and uncle in Cedar Mountain, NC, but my wife grew up in Greenville, so we went down to SC to catch a show and see some old friends of hers.

We live up in MA though, which is in part why I primarily just lurk here, because does this sub forum really need another pats fan? Because in my experience dealing with them, one is generally too many.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Ehud posted:

Has anybody here played both Dread and the 3DS Metroid 2 remake from a few years ago? I was really excited for the latter but it just didn't click with me. If Dread is a more refined version of that then that sounds dope.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

GD_American posted:

Is that pretty much the ideal candidate for Regeneron?

No idea, all very quickly developing. Fortunately she's got an oximeter or something like that so she can monitor her o2 levels.

Anyhow check out how we nearly had this beat in the spring

https://twitter.com/JohnHolbein1/status/1446952172818731019

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Update, barely functional internet so watching the tim Burton Willy Wonka film instead of going to luxor temple. That's fun right?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Update, barely functional internet so watching the tim Burton Willy Wonka film instead of going to luxor temple. That's fun right?

Good luck, I'd imagine/hope it's just garden variety travel mudbutt since we're all even more susceptible to that stuff after the last year and a half.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ehud posted:

There are posts explaining the game in terms of Dark Souls so yes, young people are buying it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Russian Guyovitch posted:

We live up in MA though, which is in part why I primarily just lurk here, because does this sub forum really need another pats fan? Because in my experience dealing with them, one is generally too many.

Probably need to replenish their ranks. Many of them realized they were actually lifelong bucs fans

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hot Diggity! posted:

No idea, all very quickly developing. Fortunately she's got an oximeter or something like that so she can monitor her o2 levels.

Anyhow check out how we nearly had this beat in the spring

https://twitter.com/JohnHolbein1/status/1446952172818731019

:stonk:

Florida suddenly going completely black days after I saw King Crimson at an outdoor venue in the summer is something.

Sadly, nothing about that shocks me at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1447218141415845895?s=21