Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Kale posted:

As always I must ask was the reply to do this bit worth it to you? Would you also suggest that this is a Wendy's or is that too on the nose?

there's been drama around every single added character since the beginnining you will have to start tuning it out eventually. Or I guess not.

one thing I do want to stand firm on is that nobody gives a poo poo about Honkai Impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Reiterpallasch posted:

i defy you to come up with a team that is both safer and higher-damage than ganyu/kokomi/venti/ayaka. you can't because it doesn't exist.

Outside of Corruption, which is a limited time thing, Mona is your damage upgrade there.

gandlethorpe posted:

Kokomi's E is also a great healing skill that heals as well as several bursts. I don't know why her healing capability keeps getting called into question.

The same chain just keeps repeating. If you want an on-field healer pretty much every option (maybe not Sayu) is better. Then everyone says Kokomi provides off-field healing AND damage. I'm not sure if her damage and off-field healing are worse than a well-built Qiqi, but Jean and Barbara exist and do it better. Then the argument is her hydro procs, which (ignoring Childe and XQ) Mona does better due to Omen getting frozen. Then we go back to "but her jellyfish is good healing" in an endless cycle.

This will last until Thoma is released. While I have no idea what his schtick, is I'm betting the same will happen with Gorou. There's too many early role-defining characters and Mihoyo is going overboard trying to not do that again.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 10, 2021

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

The joke behind Childe's bow is he's rubbish at archery and almost never uses it

This is the joke behind every archer character except Ganyu.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

if they give us playable guoba but make him human this game is dead to me

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

it'd be pretty funny if we got one liyue character every year for CNY

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Manatee Cannon posted:

aren't you supposed to be doing the spin2win with noelle for max healing

Yeah, if you're not spinning you're not doing it right. She attacks way faster than Kokomi for equivalent healing per hit.

Endorph posted:

the thing is fischl's burst does a bit of damage + an electro application, lets her reposition, and she can reposition the bird too. kokomi's burst does literally nothign but refresh the cooldown if you play her that way and keeping the jellyfish out forever is harder because she cant reposition it.

im not saying kokomi is terrible like i said shes okay, its just she has weird jank on her kit for no particular reason. like would she be breaking the game open if her ult did a wave of hydro application/minor damage on activation and she could tap e to reposition the jellyfish?

Frankly I'm not sure why pressing Q doesn't just summon the jellyfish like Fischl's Q. Having to refresh it rather than resummon it makes the timing very tight for no particular reason. That seems like it would be a big quality of life fix.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mailer posted:

Outside of Corruption, which is a limited time thing, Mona is your damage upgrade there.

that's higher damage but it sure as poo poo isn't safer

e: oh c'mon

Mailer posted:

The same chain just keeps repeating. If you want an on-field healer pretty much every option (maybe not Sayu) is better. Then everyone says Kokomi provides off-field healing AND damage. I'm not sure if her damage and off-field healing are worse than a well-built Qiqi, but Jean and Barbara exist and do it better. Then the argument is her hydro procs, which (ignoring Childe and XQ) Mona does better due to Omen getting frozen. Then we go back to "but her jellyfish is good healing" in an endless cycle.

And that's great! You've proven that a hypothetical unit with access to both Jean and Mona's kits in a single character slot would be better than Kokomi, which I really can't argue with, but I'm also not sure how that's useful.

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 10, 2021

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Oh wow there was a banner with Hu Tao, Xiangling, Xingqiu, and Chongyun?

If this Childe banner has no 4*s I want I might just pass on him. Too much wishing on the right 5* banners with all the wrong 4* characters has left me short on constellations with my most-used 4* characters.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Is the existence of Bennett why comparisons are made between healers and damage supports? Comparing Sayu to Kazuha or Kokomi to Mona just doesn't make sense to me. Bennett, for his multirole capability, is probably going to be an outlier for the rest of the game. When you elect to bring a healer, you are, or should be, making a conscious opportunity cost choice.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

kater posted:

one thing I do want to stand firm on is that nobody gives a poo poo about Honkai Impact.

they're releasing a new honk game based on space trains or something
im vaguely interested in the concept but i have no idea what it plays like or when it releases (and I never played honk 3)

e:

Baiard posted:

Is the existence of Bennett why comparisons are made between healers and damage supports? Comparing Sayu to Kazuha or Kokomi to Mona just doesn't make sense to me. Bennett, for his multirole capability, is probably going to be an outlier for the rest of the game. When you elect to bring a healer, you are, or should be, making a conscious opportunity cost choice.

It's because pretty much any healer does more than enough healing for any content even when they're half as invested as the rest of your party.
You can't compare healers based on "do they heal enough", because outside of some temporary abyss gimmick they all heal more than enough. So if you want to compare multiple healers the question becomes "What do they bring to the table other than healing?".

Wait I totally misread your post. I agree with you completely

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 10, 2021

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Speaking of healing, lmao abyss 11 still sucks rear end, looks like another 18 stars until it cycles to something good less bad.

God the Abyss is loving awful, I don't understand how anyone likes that chore.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Clarste posted:

Yeah, if you're not spinning you're not doing it right. She attacks way faster than Kokomi for equivalent healing per hit.

Frankly I'm not sure why pressing Q doesn't just summon the jellyfish like Fischl's Q. Having to refresh it rather than resummon it makes the timing very tight for no particular reason. That seems like it would be a big quality of life fix.

ok, so spin? like this?

https://i.imgur.com/46IBFx1.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/KDAlCIW.mp4

I feel like all your posts are doing is baiting me into spending my resistance books on Noelle and not Jean. drat you! I took Breastplate from 6+3 to 8+3 to help Noelle out. Still Whiteblind, didn't stack it before the spin but Breastplate's heal is dynamic, so it fully stacked during the spin (the defense conversion snapshots on burst, so only her DPS is slightly affected by not stacking). Spin only hits 10 times, you know... you could squeeze in a couple more hits by cancelling, but spin also does SIGNIFICANTLY worse DPS unless you're really in the thick of a group of enemies. Also you only heal once, no matter how many enemies you hit, so there's no difference if I took this against mobs vs a single-target boss. The only difference would be DPS. Meanwhile, I got 14 heal ticks on Kokomi with better cancelling, though I did miss 1-2 more attacks since cryo regisvine's actually a basic bitch that died too fast.

So yeah. I understand you're kinda committed to this thing where Noelle somehow outheals Kokomi, but she doesn't. At best, they come very close to each other at equal levels of investment, except Kokomi can create particles for herself, is on a better support element, and has better heals when not bursting. And saying Kokomi is bad because she requires field time, but Noelle is good because she does damage during her field time, is also kind of twisted, when Noelle teams are generally built exclusively to support her, yet we're ignoring any teams built around Kokomi as a DPS, which are a LOT more accessible due to not being on a god-forsaken element like Geo. (And if you're a whale with C2 Kokomi, the heals are actually pretty drat good)

Does this mean roll for Kokopium? Hell no, she's awful and everything I did in these clips is close to her peak personal damage, since she's all single-target. Noelle can at least clown abyss floors with lots of dumb hilichurls and stuff, Kokomi needs to have Beidou standing behind her to do anything similar. But is Kokomi a bad healer? You're on some serious reddit brain if you think that.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 10, 2021

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
for the love of god do not invest in noelle over jean if you want a reliable healer/support

e: oh, misread, carry on

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 10, 2021

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Reiterpallasch posted:

for the love of god do not invest in noelle over jean if you want a reliable healer/support

e: oh, misread, carry on

my gold books, gone, like dust in the wind

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
you know, i wanna thank the posters in this thread, they baited me into spending my resistance books on noelle for arguing about anime game characters, and that then gave me the brain worms to roll again on kokomi's banner

this is my punishment, and my reward

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
only two left to C6
you can do it champ

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I started doing the Inazuma story quests, and they really sent Sakujirou back out there solo in that rinky-dink canoe? Guy's going to drown right after the heartfelt reunion.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Noelle can hang
https://i.imgur.com/i6cXAT0.mp4
Level 80 8/7/8

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

you know, i wanna thank the posters in this thread, they baited me into spending my resistance books on noelle for arguing about anime game characters, and that then gave me the brain worms to roll again on kokomi's banner

Still a better use of money than wargaming...

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Araganzar posted:

Noelle can hang
Level 80 8/7/8

While I'm all for Noelle flexing, Serpent Spine Noelle with Bennet burst is kind of tangential to a healing discussion

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I forgot how Noelle's healing was a chance-based deal, lol. Never liked that part.

Or how it needs the shield to be up.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Araganzar posted:

Noelle can hang
Level 80 8/7/8

oh yeah? WELL HOW ABOUT THIS

https://i.imgur.com/cWwowkU.mp4

C4 made my damage go up... a little, I guess. At least going without an energy recharge sands is significantly more comfortable now.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Kokomi isn't good, but the teams you can make with her are good. I've been struggling to try and figure out how to break the meta of Team Raidenternational. I failed at that, and then tried to figure out what the other team could be. Eventually, I wound up with Eula + Fischl + Kokomi + Surcrose. This team gave me the easiest 9* clear of floor 12 I've ever done.

I don't understand why this team works. They've got no resonance. After I did the run I realized I had Kokomi equipped with ER/Hydro/Healing artifacts and Sac Frags. I would just summon Oz, have Surcrose throw out a burst, drop a jellyfish on top of that, then have Eula charge in and do her thing. Always had plenty of healing and energy, everything just died.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Reiterpallasch posted:

that's higher damage but it sure as poo poo isn't safer

And that's great! You've proven that a hypothetical unit with access to both Jean and Mona's kits in a single character slot would be better than Kokomi, which I really can't argue with, but I'm also not sure how that's useful.

The safety, without Corruption, is from everything being frozen and/or dead and/or taunted. Subbing Diona out for Ayaka was a thing long before Kokomi hit. She absolutely works, and not having Mona is specifically why I pulled her, but she trades damage for healing in a game where everything is time attack.

I honestly don't know what to tell people on this. Kokomi has that same ok on-field healing as most healers. She has reasonable aoe hydro application that's more or less on par with Mona but without the damage buff or the taunt. Her Q is so bad its best use is as a refresh on her E. If people have some super insane you-want-her-for-this comp that the rest of the world missed somehow please share. Otherwise Kokomi will be the second resident of the 5* friendship dumpster once I pull Mona.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Hazdoc posted:

If they ever release a VV-tier set for healers, I'll have a lot of vicarious happiness for you

Of course I'll be happy about my own Kokomi as well

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 10, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

2.3 its definitely coming, definitely. definitely

kater
Nov 16, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

they're releasing a new honk game based on space trains or something
im vaguely interested in the concept but i have no idea what it plays like or when it releases (and I never played honk 3)

I like Honkai a whole lot and am definitely playing the new game, I just think Genshin has nothing at all to do with it.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

booksnake posted:

While I'm all for Noelle flexing, Serpent Spine Noelle with Bennet burst is kind of tangential to a healing discussion

Watch Bennet's hit point bar, he has 34k hits. It's not as impressive as a full heal build but it gets the job done, suffers a bit compared to a C4 5 star but she can still heal and deal.

Noelle heals on 100% of swings during her burst. Her healing not working without a shield is the real limiter, you can lose the shield pretty drat fast in some situations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

hope 2.3 has a kokomi rerun.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
I don't dislike Kokomi, she's like Sophie Turner, she's just average at her job but she vapes and she ticks a lot of boxes. I got her on my mobile/farm account and she does just fine helping Yoi light stuff up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Does Noelle's normal attack talent affect her burst's damage at all? I've got her at lvl6 and I'm planning on taking her and Albedo up to lvl 80 but if it doesn't matter I'll save the materials.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
Every hit during her burst scales off her normal attack talent (except the initial activation hit). Her burst just adds DEF scaling to her normals. The talent multipliers on her normals increase more per rank than the burst's DEF scaling does per rank.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Araganzar posted:

Noelle heals on 100% of swings during her burst.
At C1. At C0, her burst doesn't impact healing chance.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So my takeaway from all this Kokomi talk is that she's pretty okay as far as healers go but if you're a megawhale with C6 on literally everyone then she's the worst character in the game and will actually give you terminal cancer if you end up pulling her. That about right?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Redmark posted:

I started doing the Inazuma story quests, and they really sent Sakujirou back out there solo in that rinky-dink canoe? Guy's going to drown right after the heartfelt reunion.
They kill a character if you make them feel unnecessary. Doubt there's another outcome.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I have a Raiden national team and I'm probably going to do Childe fireworks/delusion for my second abyss team but since Bennett can't be in two places at once, I need a different 4th. Since I started in August, my options are pretty limited, but I have every 4* and non-event 5* so could something like Jean work here in the 4th slot?

For refence, my second abyss team right now is Beidou/Fiscl/Kokomi/Sucrose.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
All this Kokomi talk is making me want to use my guaranteed pity to get her. Or should I do what I was originally planning and wait for Hu Tao?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Lobsterpillar posted:

All this Kokomi talk is making me want to use my guaranteed pity to get her. Or should I do what I was originally planning and wait for Hu Tao?

I mean technically it's up to your team comps and what roles you feel you need since they're very different but really which character do you think is cuter? This is the true zen of gacha

yes I did roll for Maou Nobu and I have no regrets

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

U-DO Burger posted:

i just triple crowned hu tao and am ready for the rerun banner for that sweet, sweet C1 :hellyeah:

I have her at 9/9/9 and you're making me feel lazy! Have the books, just don't have the mora. Keep investing in artifacts or someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pull for characters you like imo