Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

It's FPSCarol!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I appreciate that they knew people were going to ask about the meme lines the second the mod came out, and thus recorded videos of said lines.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Looking forward to a redhead JC 'Scully' Denton playthrough.

Also :lol: at the electric pink huds in those clips.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

I appreciate that they knew people were going to ask about the meme lines the second the mod came out, and thus recorded videos of said lines.

Its the commitment to the lip smack in the recording that got me.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
Can't wait for Deus Ex: The Recut: Lay D Edition.

(that's a joke but now after typing it I kinda really want it...)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mordja posted:

I'm playing the Overload DLC and man, it's such a shame that game sold so poorly and the studio closed. I wonder if it would have done better had it released a little later, in the midst of this new boomer shooter wave.

I'm glad I kick-started it at least :unsmith:

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Simon The Digger posted:

Can't wait for Deus Ex: The Recut: Lay D Edition.

(that's a joke but now after typing it I kinda really want it...)

ELECTRONIC OLD WOMEN

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Mordja posted:

I'm playing the Overload DLC and man, it's such a shame that game sold so poorly and the studio closed. I wonder if it would have done better had it released a little later, in the midst of this new boomer shooter wave.
Yeah, I kind of wish there was a little more 6DOF resurgence especially since that one crappy new Descent game is in legal hell

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Sin: The Movie was pretty funny, bought that DVD back in the day. We had a straight to video Doom movie that was forgettable I guess a bit ago, of course the Karl Urban film as well. The oft-rumored and not really greenlit at the moment John Cena Duke Nukem film. We need more FPS game cinema, and TV. Would be way cooler fodder than Last of Us. Will there be secret areas in the Last of Us show? How about one-liners and weird food related power ups? At least there's a Twisted Metal show happening, that's kind of weird and potential-ish.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
William Shatner's Tekwar: The Game: The Movie!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Simon Pegg is... Blake Stone. Also I liked the Karl Urban Doom movie.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
unless fps franchise movies are willing to go full hardcore henry, gently caress off imo

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Agents are GO! posted:

Simon Pegg is... Blake Stone. Also I liked the Karl Urban Doom movie.

1) Yes please, B) it was dumb fun and I enjoyed it too.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Urban Doom's only real mistake was taking it's visual inspiration from Doom 3.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Baron von Eevl posted:

That and setting up that the teleporter can slice things in half but not using that ever

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

The urban Doom movie is mostly just boooooring. Like nothing happens and it's too dark to see for like 90% of it

Weedle
May 31, 2006

site posted:

unless fps franchise movies are willing to go full hardcore henry, gently caress off imo

a half-life 2 movie in full first person would rule. does hardcore henry ever speak? who should voice gordon if he speaks? i say tommy lee jones

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Don't forget the other early 00s Doom movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-2WmcLl_PQ

C.M. Kruger fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Oct 10, 2021

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
ghosts of mars is true garbage, not even very fun as a bad movie

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

IronicDongz posted:

ghosts of mars is true garbage, not even very fun as a bad movie

Yup. Carpenter clearly didn’t give a poo poo doing that one.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

It's also the best Doom movie

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Weedle posted:

a half-life 2 movie in full first person would rule. does hardcore henry ever speak? who should voice gordon if he speaks? i say tommy lee jones

Tom Waits

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

C.M. Kruger posted:

Don't forget the other early 00s Doom movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-2WmcLl_PQ

I liked Ghosts of Mars, but then again I'm a bit of a Carpenter fan.

Also, while I say I like the first Doom movie, I will say it's a very bad Doom movie. It's just entertaining enough outside of that to be enjoyable. Even if I'm still confused about how The Rock wrapping some rebar around his fist is supposed to be the film's cyberdemon reference.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Wait what, Dwayne was supposed to be the cyberdemon?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Look they ran out of money after spending it all on the FPS sequence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZmaYpZD0j8

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Oct 10, 2021

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Raze has updated with full localization into three languages (German, Portuguese, Romanian), better support for older machines with dinosaur GPUs, and support for newer Blood usermaps that use nBlood's additional features, alongside the usual fixes.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The weird inertia when moving diagonally in Arthurian Legends is killing me

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

What a game.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/RevaeRavus/status/1447234594038681605

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Baron von Eevl posted:

Only? The entire premise is hosed.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Ok, it's biggest issue is copping the look and feel of Doom3.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The Deus Ex talk made me remember... it's weird they aren't making a remaster edition, given how trendy they are now (from top of my head: Doom, Quake, GTAs, Blade, Spyro, CoD MW, Halo, Crash, REs, etc).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

The Deus Ex talk made me remember... it's weird they aren't making a remaster edition, given how trendy they are now (from top of my head: Doom, Quake, GTAs, Blade, Spyro, CoD MW, Halo, Crash, REs, etc).

All those games port easily to console. Deus Ex would not without doing work on the UI. Or I guess porting the PS2 version but then nerds would complain

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Turin Turambar posted:

I wish they would since I’d love to play it on console.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’ll be playing it on steam deck in bed :getin:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think the UI work would be worth it and not as extensive as you think, certainly not the biggest task in porting an Unreal 1.5 game to modern platforms. It’s a solo game that freezes time in menus so you have a lot of freedom to accommodate a controller, and modern consoles wouldn’t require the kind of drastic cutbacks you got with Invisible War.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

haveblue posted:

I think the UI work would be worth it and not as extensive as you think, certainly not the biggest task in porting an Unreal 1.5 game to modern platforms. It’s a solo game that freezes time in menus so you have a lot of freedom to accommodate a controller, and modern consoles wouldn’t require the kind of drastic cutbacks you got with Invisible War.

OTOH with modern console load times you could port over IW's crash and reload on every map load. Remasters are supposed to be all about accuracy, right?

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

I’m having so much fun with Quake and Doom on switch I’m looking for more classic FPS to add to my Switch collection.

How is the Duke 3D world tour port? Worth the $10?
Any other good classic FPS ports on Switch I should check out?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I’m having so much fun with Quake and Doom on switch I’m looking for more classic FPS to add to my Switch collection.

Any other good classic FPS ports on Switch I should check out?

It’s fine but wait for it to go on sale as it frequently does. Serious Sam Collection and Turok 1/2 are good on Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Its camera controls are horrendous and I think it's because it trying to do Builds old camera controls on a stick (it has gyro but even that feels off) which doesn't even have identical horizontal and vertical scales.
Though maybe after BloodFS I'm just expecting too much from any other Build port.