Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

silence_kit posted:

Replace the battery in your iPhone SE. It is still a great phone.
the battery just doesn't hold up. it took a year for it to get basically unusable. also the phone itself doesnt seem to be able to handle carplay without being quite slow. dunno whether thats because the battery is basically dead tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

inferis posted:

how do you feel about the original Xbox controller

i dont remember tbh

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

infernal machines posted:

i know it's PA, but it's funny

it's pa from 20 years ago, when it was still kind of fresh and new. also

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

the "mini" is still a bigphone. i'm about to buy a 13 mini out of necessity but am pissed i have to get something bigger than my OG SE, which apple promoted on the premise that it's the correct size for a phone based on human anatomy and they're still right about that

the mini is actually slightly smaller than the se, it just seems bigger because it's all screen hth

e: oh, the 1st gen se is still a little smaller, but it's a matter of a couple of mm in each direction

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 9, 2021

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

bunch of idiots itt who unironically want the zoolander phone

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The_Franz posted:

the mini is actually slightly smaller than the se, it just seems bigger because it's all screen hth

it's smaller than the new se based on the iphone 8, it's bigger than the OG se based on the 5s

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the entire thing being screen is part of why it doesn't work for some people though. despite being a few mm bigger, the top of the screen (and thus the back button) are considerably further up, so if your thumb doesn't comfortably reach that far, it's basically the same problem as the hugephone

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I don’t think my mum was bothered by the slight size increase, she’s just glad it’s not a hugephone like the regular 12

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 12, 2021

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

people should get the size of phone that they like best. it's dumb to tell other people what's comfortable for their bodies, RSI issues, etc

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

infernal machines posted:

the entire thing being screen is part of why it doesn't work for some people though. despite being a few mm bigger, the top of the screen (and thus the back button) are considerably further up, so if your thumb doesn't comfortably reach that far, it's basically the same problem as the hugephone

There are lot of ways you can use the phone to avoid having to touch the top of the screen like swiping to go back, but yeah you still sometimes need to press the top portion of the screen. At least they finally moved the address bar from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen.

Achmed Jones posted:

people should get the size of phone that they like best. it's dumb to tell other people what's comfortable for their bodies, RSI issues, etc

Yes, but have you considered that they might be holding it wrong?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I always use two hands to work my phone i dont see what the big deal is (i cant thumb type anyways)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

whether small or big at least we can all agree at least all sizes are better than foldables

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if the new razr had discrete screens i would have seriously considered it

all hail the coolest phone ever tho

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

njsykora posted:

whether small or big at least we can all agree at least all sizes are better than foldables

to hell with foldables give me a rollable. want to unfurl my phone like a scroll of shitposts.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i like the detail in the expanse where hard boiled detective dude has this future phone but the screens cracked

fivehead
Jul 11, 2017

Americans Need Cash Now

Jonny 290 posted:

if the new razr had discrete screens i would have seriously considered it

all hail the coolest phone ever tho

I need this with volte and vowifi and a month of battery bigly

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

You don't really need a phone when a cellular Apple Watch, an iPod Touch and a cellular iPad (carried in a bag or purse) covers most use cases.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

agreed, this set up performs all functions of a smart phone and can be easily constructed from items available on ebay

carry on then fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Oct 10, 2021

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

ted hitler hunter posted:

You don't really need a phone when a cellular Apple Watch, an iPod Touch and a cellular iPad (carried in a bag or purse) covers most use cases.

the cowards at apple won’t make the cellular iPod touch

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
cell apple watches suck battery way too hard. i thought about it but no

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ms jones has a cellular apple watch and it lasts through day, does yours last longer than that?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh yeah i can get like 30 hours ish? though i really try to not let it go below a quarter b/c that bottom 20% takes foreverrrrrr to get going on the charger

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

please optimize your supply chain timb. 5 weeks delivery for a watch is bullshit

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
everything should take six months to order and receive

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

wish your post would take 6 months and never arrive

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

refleks posted:

wish your post would take 6 months and never arrive

may all your apple watches be broken for such rudeness

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

i deserved that

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

refleks posted:

please optimize your supply chain timb. 5 weeks delivery for a watch is bullshit

i ordered one the moment the page allowed because i figured they had an extremely limited stock, and mine shipped from china yesterday. we'll see how long it takes to clear choked shipping but they're promising friday delivery.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

:siren: :siren: :siren: HERE WE GO :siren: :siren: :siren:

14 and 16 inchers here we come

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
ITS HAPPENING MACBOOKS NEXT WEEK
https://www.apple.com/apple-events/ Oct 18

of course this happens the day I find out I owe a macbook worth of back taxes for some reason

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

https://twitter.com/gregjoz/status/1447956519132151810

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm going to laugh so hard if all the "leaks" showing hdmi and sd card are fake much like the square sided apple watch

hoping for mac mini pro though

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
they normally announce events 7 days in advance but this time its 6, clearly apple corporate observes canadian thanksgiving

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

no way they are bringing back hdmi. no fuckin way

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3981794&perpage=40&noseen=1#post518429576

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

go play outside Skyler posted:

no way they are bringing back hdmi. no fuckin way

the license fee is probably like a whole dollar, maybe two and tim's honor will not permit him to increase costs between product versions

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Perplx posted:

they normally announce events 7 days in advance but this time its 6, clearly apple corporate observes canadian thanksgiving

yesterday was indigenous people conquering day so they had to wait

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

apple should be forced to steal the dockable usb-c dongle idea from the framework laptop

those things should become an industry standard, it's such a stupid simple and elegant solution to having the ports you actually want and easily replace them when a port wears out

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

The Management posted:

yesterday was indigenous people conquering day so they had to wait

no, that was september 30th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

r u ready to WALK posted:

apple should be forced to steal the dockable usb-c dongle idea from the framework laptop

those things should become an industry standard, it's such a stupid simple and elegant solution to having the ports you actually want and easily replace them when a port wears out

these are so stupid. it's a complex and clumsy solution