Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

paranoid randroid posted:

i warned you about the shape of creation, bro

i told you about creation

It keeps being vaguely wheel shaped!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I'm really not a fan of that framework for... well, anything. It's wildly simplifying not just Dave, but world religions.

Dave's model of society is not, actually, just based on his personal preference. It's not him loving with people for no reason. His legalistic empire, and all its brutality, is a result of his image of a better world being one of absolute and total control. Not just in the sense of 'oh I should be in total power' but... he's desperately, utterly terrified of not being in control of himself, of society not being ordered, of the new and the chaotic and the imperfect.

Dude is also vastly less powerful than any god, in a sense, because he has only the power to destroy and also to establish laws by violence. Solomon David has a particularly sharp rock for bashing heads in, and he's trying to use that and only that as the foundation of a civilization spanning a hundred-thousand worlds. This is a bad thing to do! But it's not because he's just randomly eating babies; it's not because he's mistaken his own preferences for needs. It's because what he wants is an ordered, safe, and disciplined world and that's just... not a thing that can actually be guaranteed through violence or indeed guaranteed at all.

It's a major theme of the comic: Nothing is guaranteed but that, eventually, all guarantees run out. Death is coming, eventually. Civilizations fall. There is no utopian escape from violence, only better or worse ages and places, and that absolutely destroys Solomon David the same way inevitable death destroyed Mottom until like a page ago.

Dave has always been someone trying to convince himself he could build an eternal empire on his fists, against the evidence of the golden age having collapsed into absolute and total bloodshed. "He who masters the wheel cannot break it" isn't a lesson David's ever learned - he's the counterexample to Allison. He's the autocratic, disciplinarian, utterly static tyrant whose entire empire expresses his need to deny a certain inevitability that has now come knocking... who was also smart enough to realize that it was inevitable, and just sank into an absolute swamp of denial. Like Mottom, the correct answer would be to surrender dreams of an eternal utopia, an empire to last literally forever, and to prioritize something else.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Imagine where we would be if Dave simply devoted his 7th of creation to the pursuit of superior noodle dishes

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Probably at a really good noodle shop.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Probably at a really good noodle shop.

A whole chain of them across the stars where they make the noodles fresh and cook them within stopped time^3, could be pretty good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

paranoid randroid posted:

i warned you about the shape of creation, bro

i told you about creation
NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO BE A [[big king]]

Edit: Thinking about it, Spamton would make a perfect Demiurge, especially Spamton NEO. He's got just the right mindset for it.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Oct 10, 2021

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

girl dick energy posted:

NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO BE A [[big king]]

Edit: Thinking about it, Spamton would make a perfect Demiurge, especially Spamton NEO. He's got just the right mindset for it.

Bearer of the word [Hyperlink Blocked]

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

Literally spawned from the same forums.

Oh I'm aware, I actually read a fair bit of forum-KSBD back in like 2013 or so, I just never made the mental connection between it and Deltarune

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Bearer of the word [Hyperlink Blocked]

Nah, he'd just eat the [worm].

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Maduo posted:

I don't have anything poignant to add to this conversation but I made this a while ago and forgot to post it and this feels like the last time it'll be relevant

This is absolutely it. I swear the website comments are full of people who earnestly think this is very unfair on Dave and that total subjugation is a fair bargain for protection from the foreign hordes metaphysical threats

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Cowcaster posted:

well now i’m just thinking of a kill six billion demons political cartoon done in the style of ben garrison

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Incredible, absolutely amazing. But now I find myself wanting to see The People's Jaggahog.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

oobey posted:

Incredible, absolutely amazing. But now I find myself wanting to see The People's Jaggahog.

You almost don't even need to edit this one

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Gonna either burst into tears or burst into blood.

Eitherway, fluid will flow.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Fister Roboto posted:

hahahahaha eat poo poo dave :sickos:

Edit: I wanna see Jags look at solomon in the eyes, say "Pathetic" and just leave him there

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 10, 2021

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

maybe Jagg just needs a friend, has anyone tried that

Just imagine getting a hug from someone with infinite arms. Or a high-infinity.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

A man goes to visit a doctor who is acclaimed for his ability to treat melancholia. “I can’t eat, I can’t sleep,” says the man. “I feel constantly miserable. Please help me, doctor. I want to destroy all of existence just to end my pain."

"Friendship is the best medicine, my friend,” says the doctor. "Seek out Chakravartin Jagganoth, He who dons the Yenenman mantle. His 500 arm hug will make any feeling of gloom and dread melt like snow on a hot summers day. This will do more than all the potions and pills I have in my office."

"But doctor, I am Yaun Ten Jantris."

Good joke.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

All the demiurges and fools will look up and shout "SAVE US!"... and I'll look down and whisper "Admit it. Admit that you need me."

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1447731115373043712

:getin:

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Huge update sounds awesome, considering the setup for it, but fuuuuuuuuck that wait is gonna hurt.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I made a thing. In retrospect it needed more basketballs.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

M_Gargantua posted:

that's pretty good

That's also pretty good

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

M_Gargantua posted:

That's the entire comic right there.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Why was stoop kid afraid to leave is stoop again? I vaguely remember it was heart wrenching.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

oh poo poo he's powering up

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Donkringel posted:

Why was stoop kid afraid to leave is stoop again? I vaguely remember it was heart wrenching.

I don’t think it was ever explained exactly what his trauma was. Likely to do with the ridicule he overcomes during the episode. He was just mostly a misanthrope that harassed everyone and never left. Then when Arnold shows him what a big exciting world it is out there Stoop Kid finally leaves his stoop and gets to harass people in new and exciting ways, remaining an rear end but now with more self confidence.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
More fishing

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Omg that last panel with all the fish

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Magnificent.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Land Six Billion Salmons

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Do fish even get that big indeed

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Phy posted:

Land Six Billion Salmons

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Phy posted:

Land Six Billion Salmons

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

habeasdorkus posted:

Magnifishent.

Fixed.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

oh poo poo

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A fishin' pole is an ugly hunk of wood used to part fish from their ghosts.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
For some reason the fish edit wasn't loading for me yesterday and I spent like 20 min scouring the last few pages of the thread and abadon's twitter trying to figure out wtf everyone was talking about.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

paragon1 posted:

A fishin' pole is an ugly hunk of wood used to part fish from their seas.

:colbert:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I’m reading book 4 now, since my comic shop got it in for me. I’m noticing a lot of errors in it though.

This page is missing:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-7-63/

This page has the last dialog bubble all in red without the text:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-8-75/

And chapter 5 of Het’s tail repeats two paragraphs.

I wonder if Image Comics will do a second printing with the fixes. I’m going to wait until I finish reading it before trying to contact Abbadon about it, I’m care I find more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
While I'm sad we didn't get an update yesterday I'm super stoked for the coming Friday.