Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Prof. Crocodile posted:

i am vern. ama

Did you ever end up taking the Mellow Yellow challenge? Or did Ernest keep stealing all your chances to?

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Did you ever end up taking the Mellow Yellow challenge? Or did Ernest keep stealing all your chances to?

i drank my first mellow yellow in February 2000, shortly after Ernest's death. It was a hollow victory, partly because of the death of my close friend Ernest, and partly because mellow yellow tastes like carbonated battery acid.

Heather Papps

hello friend

we need to rank them but i think scared stupid has a shot at the number one slot

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Heather Papps posted:

we need to rank them but i think scared stupid has a shot at the number one slot

My personal list, revised for our recent viewings, is:

1- Ernest Scared Stupid
2- Ernest Rides Again
3- Ernest Goes to Jail
4- Dr Otto and the Riddle of the Gloom Beam
5- Ernest Saves Christmas
6- Ernest Goes to Camp
7- Ernest goes to School
8- Ernest in the Army
9- Ernest goes to Africa
10- Slam Dunk Ernest

I don't consider Hey Vern it's My Family Album a feature film, and Slam Dunk Ernest is on the bottom despite being a better made film than In the Army or Goes to Africa (which are so low-budget as to be very sad), because it borrows way too much from The Absent Minded Professor and I judge copy-cat comedies really harshly. In fairness, Robin William's remake Flubber was still 2 years out so, if anything it's another case of Varney being ahead of the goofy comedy curve, but even so, with how much it leans on the super-shoes basketball jokes it just feels too derivative. What should have happened was, Disney should have made Flubber with the daring counter-casting of Jim Varney reprising Fred MacMurray's role instead of Robin Williams, and 2 years earlier. But oh well. A man can dream.

It's a close race for last place though, all of the last four are not very good. Scared Stupid overtaking Rides Again is a personal upset of proportions I can not fully convey, it has shook me to my movie-nerd core.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Join us tonight for the 1920 silent classic, John Barrymore in Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde!

I don't know why the "and" is underlined, maybe to show off it's a double-role? This is a great silent horror movie, we'll watch some classic Jekyll and Hyde cartoons beforehand and you may be surprised how many of them reference this version, it's damned iconic.

Bonus modern poster!!!

4:00 PM PST/ 7:00 PM EST/ Midnight BST at https://cytu.be/r/BYOBmovies come watch this striking motion picture! Nye-heh-heh-heeeeeh...

Sig by Heather Papps

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Sad fact. In Ernest Goes to Camp, when he's taking the turtle off his nose, the original movie had the song So Happy Together by The Turtles playing. But it's no longer in the movie and all video references online are scrubbed, I guess for copyright reasons.

That was my favorite part. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhhcHMkmyF8

BoldFrankensteinMir

Viginti Septem posted:

Sad fact. In Ernest Goes to Camp, when he's taking the turtle off his nose, the original movie had the song So Happy Together by The Turtles playing. But it's no longer in the movie and all video references online are scrubbed, I guess for copyright reasons.

That is a sad fact. Another clip falls victim to the commercial sandstorm forever eating away at cinema.

(Also thanks to the friendly mod who spiffed up our name and gave us a Halloween sticky!!!)

Sig by Heather Papps

nut

coupon and....what....

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Viginti Septem posted:

whaaaaaat

I remember renting this from the library and watching it as a kid (back when libraries rented VHSes and NES games). That is suck.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
What's showing tomorrow or is that a secret until the day of?!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Just wanna say, that last night I showed “The Tale of the Fox” to my mom, who is a French culture nerd, and we had a great time watching it together! I would not have heard about that film if not for this thread, so thanks!

(Link in case you missed it months ago)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=juTbbcZQIR0

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

biosterous

Zurtilik posted:

What's showing tomorrow or is that a secret until the day of?!

it is sometimes announced in advance but often announced on the day of. looks like it'll be the latter, at least if you're in the same timezone as me!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
getting hype

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Code Jockey posted:

getting hype

BoldFrankensteinMir

Hey 'all, sorry about the radio silence, I've been really busy. Tonight we're gonna watch The Vampire from 1957:

4:00 PM PST/ 7:00 PM EST/ Midnight BST at https://cytu.be/r/BYOBmovies

Sig by Heather Papps

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

Hey 'all, sorry about the radio silence, I've been really busy. Tonight we're gonna watch The Vampire from 1957:
TY for hosting. Was a fun night.

If you're ever too busy to host, it's totally fine - whoever's present will surely pick out a movie.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
If nothing else, we can do another coupons and deals and documentaries night.

Heather Papps

hello friend

canadian thanksgiving family-o-rama has ended. i missed you movie nite

BoldFrankensteinMir

Tonight, another 1957 film- that's right you could see it the same year you saw The Vampire- but this one is an all-time classic of so-bad-it's-good movie lists, roasted everywhere from the paperback Leonard Maltin guides of yesteryear to the Youtube commentary pages of today. Let's watch The Giant Claw!

Sig by Heather Papps

Prof. Crocodile

wow that poster prominently features a bird butt.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Prof. Crocodile posted:

wow that poster prominently features a bird butt.

sexploitation

i threw some old halloween commercials on until bfm starts the main feature

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Tonight, another 1957 film- that's right you could see it the same year you saw The Vampire- but this one is an all-time classic of so-bad-it's-good movie lists, roasted everywhere from the paperback Leonard Maltin guides of yesteryear to the Youtube commentary pages of today. Let's watch The Giant Claw!

Oh no. My precious empire state building and b-29s!

Manifisto

this poster deserves some kinda award

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

15 minutes in and it's so bad

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Heather Papps posted:

15 minutes in and it's so bad

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Heather Papps posted:

many minutes in and it's so bad

biosterous

engineers are a menace and need to be stopped imo

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

boo-osterous posted:

:hai:

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

boo-osterous posted:

Heather Papps

hello friend

how could we stop them. they make their own rules.

take the moon

by sebmojo
it was funny cuz they went under martial law because of the claw which is an amusing thign to say

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BoldFrankensteinMir

take the moon posted:

it was funny cuz they went under martial law because of the claw which is an amusing thign to say

Marshall Claw is a great name for like a Jim Rockford type character. Maybe who's a giant bird.

Sig by Heather Papps

Stoner Sloth

Marshall Claw is a great name for like a Jim Rockford type character. Maybe who's a giant bird.

when marshall white t. claw is catapulted through time to the early 21st century, it's a huge adjustment for him... but how will the modern world adjust to learning that the claw... is the law?!

Heather Papps

hello friend

tonight! a movie i have only seen a few skeleton gifs from, but i'm sure will be a blast.

a film that, (to the best of my knowledge), started the classic looney tunes trope of staying in a haunted mansion to win a bet, and that utilized circus haunted house props in order to achieve a never before seem amount of production value.

vincent price is in it.

TONIGHT! join us @ https://cytu.be/r/BYOBmovies at 7 EDT, likely with some fun shorter stuff before showtime. see you there!

Escape From Noise

Weird Fact: My junior high French teacher was Vincent Price's daughter. I remember her being really nice and she sometimes brought in her dog, a really cute Australian shepherd.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Heather Papps posted:

tonight! a movie i have only seen a few skeleton gifs from, but i'm sure will be a blast.

a film that, (to the best of my knowledge), started the classic looney tunes trope of staying in a haunted mansion to win a bet, and that utilized circus haunted house props in order to achieve a never before seem amount of production value.

vincent price is in it.

TONIGHT! join us @ https://cytu.be/r/BYOBmovies at 7 EDT, likely with some fun shorter stuff before showtime. see you there!

YES

Prof. Crocodile

gently caress

YES

Heather Papps

hello friend

puppet skeletons: the solution to the skeleton war?

Prof. Crocodile

once again restating my offer to spend the night in a haunted house of your choosing for $10,000. just shoot me a pm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

So I got curious about that actor and turns out that's Elisha Cook Jr. and he's in a ton

Now that I know he's in this and Rosemary's Baby the "William Castle's masterstroke" story gets even better.

Sig by Heather Papps