Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Zoran posted:

Boomer Sooner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

KKKLIP ART posted:

Coaches Poll Up:

1. Georgia
2. Iowa
3. Oklahoma
4. Cincinnati
5. Alabama
6. Ohio State
7. Michigan
8. Penn State
9. Michigan State
10. Oregon
11. Kentucky
12. Oklahoma State
13. Notre Dame
14. Ole Miss
15. Coastal Carolina
16. Wake Forest
17. Florida
18. Texas A&M
19. Arkansas
20. BYU
21. NC State
22. Arizona State
23. SMU
24. SDSU
25. Clemson

This is bullshit, Kentucky should be ahead of Alabama.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Should be top ten. I don’t know if Kentucky is better than Bama but should be higher.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

As soon as VT kicked a field goal from the 1 yard line instead of scoring a touchdown, I knew this was going to haunt them, but I kept letting my hopes get up anyway.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

The problem with the coaches poll is that it comes out on Sunday and the " 62 head coaches at Division I FBS institutions" were almost all kinda busy on Saturday.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

The problem with the coaches poll is that it comes out on Sunday and the " 62 head coaches at Division I FBS institutions" were almost all kinda busy on Saturday.

Not wrong, but also it's known that the vast majority of coaches don't bother with the poll at all, it's almost all GAs (who are also usually pretty busy on Saturdays)

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

University of Arizona QB Spencer Rattler

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

TipTow posted:

For real I feel extremely bad about Rattler, there's video floating around of him walking alone to the locker room yesterday when the whole team is still on the field celebrating.

He's a good QB, just not good enough for the loving insane expectations that have been built up at OU over the past decade and a half. I'd probably pout if I got benched only for a true freshman to lead the single greatest comeback in the history of one of the most storied rivalries in all of American sport, too.

It’s gotta be crushing to be the subject of massive hype and believe you’re destined to be a high NFL draft pick, only to see it slip away

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

TipTow posted:

Not wrong, but also it's known that the vast majority of coaches don't bother with the poll at all, it's almost all GAs (who are also usually pretty busy on Saturdays)

Thats why I put it in quotes ;)

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Sorry, already drinking and feeling my white male oats this morning :geno:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I'm not mad about PSU losing. Please don't put in the newspaper that I got mad.

Really, though, it's about as palatable as a loss as it can get. Iowa's a good team, and Roberson just wasn't ready for that game at all. Having QB depth is part of being a good team, and PSU didn't. Still optimistic about the rest of the season.

The real tragedy is I got too drunk to watch Bama/A&M.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/1447258094518538248?t=BUGS9yjJI2E5IuHeljE83Q&s=19

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I don't care how it's figured, it only makes sense in my brain that if you beat a team, that team should not be ranked higher than you

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.
my takeaway from the end of yesterday's game is that Georgia Tech has some very talented athletes who are being held back by coaches who have no idea what they're doing

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Woo let's go!

Now put us in the top 10 you AP cowards

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Poll just released https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll
https://twitter.com/AP_Top25/status/1447261645655379968

Georgia, Iowa Cincinnati, Oklahoma, Alabama.

Kentucky at 11 :mad:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pollsters are cowards when it comes to ranking volatility.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

single-mode fiber posted:

As soon as VT kicked a field goal from the 1 yard line instead of scoring a touchdown, I knew this was going to haunt them, but I kept letting my hopes get up anyway.

vt-fan.txt :(

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

wake at 16

yeah

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

18. Texas A&M
19. Arkansas

Oh, bollocks

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/CFBONFOX/status/1446931571588567040?s=20

"Today does not belong to one Sooner, but to all. Let us together rebuild this resume that we may share in the days of Boomer."

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the main rule of polls is no fun allowed

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

LOL at Texas being ranked for a quality loss when there's a perfectly good UTSA

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Feel like an already good Kentucky team is going to be playing extra angry for the top 10 snub.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

TCU won and my Aggie family is just now waking up. Good weekend over here. :)

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

If look at the vote points, Ohio State, Penn State Michigan is almost a three way tie.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I kind of think OSU has about worked out the kinks and may be the second best team in the country right at this moment. We won’t really know for sure until pretty late in the season, but that’s my suspicion.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Jalen Berger dismissed from Wisconsin. 3rd RB kicked off the team in a matter of months.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

TipTow posted:

For real I feel extremely bad about Rattler, there's video floating around of him walking alone to the locker room yesterday when the whole team is still on the field celebrating.

He's a good QB, just not good enough for the loving insane expectations that have been built up at OU over the past decade and a half. I'd probably pout if I got benched only for a true freshman to lead the single greatest comeback in the history of one of the most storied rivalries in all of American sport, too.

He’s not a good qb. Much like Texas defense is not good. Can’t tackle and the secondary blows coverage spectacularly right when the team needs it least.

Offense has some promising future talent, but this team won’t win a big game.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

KKKLIP ART posted:

Feel like an already good Kentucky team is going to be playing extra angry for the top 10 snub.

I can talk myself into Kentucky by remembering that Georgia is prone to laying an egg once a year, and that Kentucky's stout defense will force Stetson Bennett to beat them. FWIW I think Bennett is a perfectly serviceable QB and is more akin to a nice G5 starter than the talent level implied by walk-on, but his limitations are very clear when Georgia has to play from behind.

But Florida's defense shut down Kentucky's offense, and Georgia has a much better defense. Dawgs 13-6.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Yates posted:

Jalen Berger dismissed from Wisconsin. 3rd RB kicked off the team in a matter of months.

Dang, after the first game of not playing I just assumed it was a discipline thing because he was somehow involved with the earlier RB almost-stabbing-incident.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Stetson was very good against Arkansas/Auburn last year and he was very good (what was asked of him) against them again this season.

He was gawd awful against Kentucky last year.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

cincy #3 y’all

roll dang bearcat

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I’m a bit higher on Stetson than most. He has shown that he grew a lot from last year to this year. I’m not saying that he is the worlds best or anything, but they trust him enough to do more than manage a game. His deep balls are either dimes or under thrown, and sometimes he is a bit too trigger happy in tight coverage. But you look at him this season while JT has been out and it’s just worked. I don’t think there is a controversy but Stetson does add a bit more mobility while JT is better pushing things downfield.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
What the hell happened with Jalen Berger? He got barely any playing time this year and now has been dismissed.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Ho Hum Fu costs the Hokies yet another one with his coward poo poo. And so it will stay until he is no longer the HC in Blacksburg, I really really want him gone at the end of this season.

Sure he can keep saying we can still play for the conference, but nothing about the performance the first 5 weeks implies that they will win more than 3 more of those games. Pitt is going to blast us next week, gonna be ugly, Narduzzi will love to rub it in.

on the other side Go Vols, fun football is nice and good. Black unis were nice and good. I am happy for Hendon, after the way Fu ran him out, I'm glad he's playing well at my second alma mater.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
"Big Ten has five top-10 teams for first time ever."

Out of conference they've beaten Iowa state and auburn and lost to Oregon. Watch out folks

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

"Big Ten has five top-10 teams for first time ever."

Out of conference they've beaten Iowa state and auburn and lost to Oregon. Watch out folks

Every conference can’t be frauds… can they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
MSU will probably finish 9-3 but entering this season I would've been thrilled with 6-6, so I'll take a 6-0 top 10 start even if the schedule has been soft.