Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

andrew smash posted:

I kinda flew through the last loop. I ended up just running and gunning the party. I was hoping there would be a bit of exposition at the end but oh well. Do you get any more of it depending on which ending you do?

You get the most dialogue if you choose not to shoot Julianna but it's not all that much more (though it is very funny!). The ending I got for doing Clean-ish Hands I really liked if just because I felt it set the scene pretty well for a further exploration of the game world in a potential sequel, while the ending from my spoiler tag would likely lead to just more of the same, since they choose to let the loop continue just with the two of them actively working together now. Although now that I say that, it WOULD actually create the possibility of making Colt and Julianna the antagonists with somebody else in the loop - an eternalist, a Visionary, maybe Pick, perhaps a newcomer who has somehow broken in? - the protagonist trying to break the loop in a sequel which might be an interesting way of looking at things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Jerusalem posted:

Although now that I say that, it WOULD actually create the possibility of making Colt and Julianna the antagonists with somebody else in the loop - an eternalist, a Visionary, maybe Pick, perhaps a newcomer who has somehow broken in? - the protagonist trying to break the loop in a sequel which might be an interesting way of looking at things.

DEATH100P: one person plays as Colt, one person plays as Julianna, and the other 98 are Eternalists with like a 40 degree FoV.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kazzah posted:

DEATH100P: one person plays as Colt, one person plays as Julianna, and the other 98 are Eternalists with like a 40 degree FoV.

And I thought Charlie was a monster! :gonk:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Oh, great, I spawned as the guy in the Pact of Smoke room, might as well read a book for twenty minutes

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hell yes, I spawned as Battery Girl :slick:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Are there hints for when/where the delivery booth and gas door codes will be? I've got one door code and nothing for the rest and seemingly no hints as to where I can find said codes. There are a few more things I still need to do before finishing the game so I don't mind too much hunting them down.

How many orange weapons are there too? I've found a single one so far

Still don't have a havoc slab but it seems a bit poo poo lol

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Jose posted:

Are there hints for when/where the delivery booth and gas door codes will be? I've got one door code and nothing for the rest and seemingly no hints as to where I can find said codes. There are a few more things I still need to do before finishing the game so I don't mind too much hunting them down.

How many orange weapons are there too? I've found a single one so far

Still don't have a havoc slab but it seems a bit poo poo lol

The delivery booth code is in the same bunker is Fia and the havok slab, so that would be why you missed it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Ah yeah. I've had her blow the place up every attempt I've made so far lol

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug
Her bunker was kicking my rear end for a while, but I found out that it's not as big as it feels. You can go in the back way and kill 2 guards in the locker room easily, then just sneak behind 2 guards to get to her room. From there it's easy to stealth kill her.. Once she's dead, you don't have to worry about getting nuked. And after that you'll wander around and find 3 or 4 even better routes that you could have taken.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao that’s the only way I’ve ever gone in, I love that there is this huge dimension to that visionary that I completely missed because I’m sneaky

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug
Her bunker is almost exactly the feel of a Deus Ex level imo. You could swap the graphics and I'd believe it was pieced together in 1999. That's a compliment by the way.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
4v4 Team Deathloop might be fun, and thanks to the visitors thing there's already a justification for it in-universe.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Blind Rasputin posted:

I loved, loved the VA work of the runt. Man that was hilarious to listen to. “..I’ve already kicked the door off this loving hinges.” Lol.

Colt rolling his eyes to it as he goes along is precious :allears:

Alexis is such a fun villain. The voice actor really nails the assholeness of a billionaire cannibal egocentric.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

About the cannibal bit. When people die they immediately disappear in a flash of residium and immediately loop... so Aleksis' big grand "devouring of the lambs" party is complete and total bullshit (just like the man himself) since there isn't actually anything TO eat, right?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

they could have had some dead bodies in the freezer already, right?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm about 70% sure the bodies disappearing thing was added later in the development cycle as a memory management thing rather than being intended from the get go. there's even trinkets about not leaving bodies available that seem to make no sense

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

there's even trinkets about not leaving bodies available that seem to make no sense

I thought that referred to the little glimmer/shadow left behind when you make a kill?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

even with a shitload of loop stress have you ever seen an eternalist notice one of those though?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, those get rid of the smoke effect that lingers on the ground for a bit after someone dies.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

About the cannibal bit. When people die they immediately disappear in a flash of residium and immediately loop... so Aleksis' big grand "devouring of the lambs" party is complete and total bullshit (just like the man himself) since there isn't actually anything TO eat, right?

I suppose you could work it so that your cannibal party didn't actually kill their victims. Lop off a leg, cauterize it; you only need them to live long enough to eat them and maybe a bit later so they don't vanish mid-meal.

E: I have had an Eternalist notice the smoke effects.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 10, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

even with a shitload of loop stress have you ever seen an eternalist notice one of those though?

All the time! Whenever I sent Colt on a murder spree the Eternalists who stumbled across where I'd been would reference that somebody had just died there. Plus there's the very explicit remarks made when you first sneak up on Condition Detachment about how the guy chosen to be Invader committed suicide when he got spotted because he figured he'd just be coming back immediately the next day to try again (poor bastard spent who knows how many centuries only experiencing a single morning of "amortality").

Ravenfood posted:

I suppose you could work it so that your cannibal party didn't actually kill their victims. Lop off a leg, cauterize it; you only need them to live long enough to eat them and maybe a bit later so they don't vanish mid-meal.

Maybe before Aleksis lost his memories and just started reliving 1st Day he realized the party was a giant bust because the meat thresher caused all the "meat" to disappear and changed things up for his next party, not knowing he was cursed to eventually make the same mistake over and over again. Or maybe he's just a giant poser idiot! Either way works! :)

Speaking of the spoiled bit though, I really would have loved to have explored further the presumably different rates that everybody lost their memories. It wouldn't have all happened at once and so there would have been a period of time there where a ton of the Visionaries and presumably Eternalists would have been fully aware of what was happening to them and that's horrifying.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 10, 2021

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hmm i've probably been depopulating areas of eternalists a bit too vigorously to notice then

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
Is there a dump of the game's dialogue anywhere? I saw somewhere that supposedly Juliana says that this iteration of the loop has been going on for ~130 years but I never got that dialogue and I'm curious when it comes up.

Exposition delivered by Juliana is interesting, it's kinda like Hades but if there was only one character. Clearly some lines are triggered by certain flags being flipped but sometimes you just get generic moustache-twirling dialog. Sometimes there's also bugs when she acts like I didn't do anything even though I had just killed a certain visionary for the first time, which she usually remarks upon.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I mean there's a giant meat fountain in the mansion.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dyz posted:

Yeah, Egor and Wenjie's conversation references "a testimonial... that's a lot of blood." so probably all the guests gave blood to fuel the blood fountain.

That said, does the meat grinder empty out anywhere? I wouldn't exactly expect to be able to recover the guns and trinkets that went through a meat grinder, but it would be nice.

Anyway, I finished the game (killed Julianna, and okay, this is 100% the Dishonored universe), turned online multiplayer back on, and boy howdy, the difference between my fresh-out-of-tutorial rear end with a blue pistol, double jump, and strong kick versus endgame me is night and day when it comes to invasion enjoyment. Had a very enjoyable game of cat and mouse in Karl's Bay where we were both taking potshots at each other with an explosive Rapier, trapping and counter-trapping Frank's fireworks, until I forced a confrontation by killing Harriet, which brought them in guns blazing only to find me already hosing the room down with Harriet's gun (My own upgraded version with Big Box and Hailfire). I died choking on my own farts a few seconds after they did, so it was a slightly Pyrrhic victory, but I still had both reprises.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dyz posted:

Yeah, but I assumed that was all for show from pre-prepared pork or something given the impossibility of what Aleksis was claiming.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
There's a kitchen, too, with a bunch of butchered people hanging from the ceiling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kazzah posted:

There's a kitchen, too, with a bunch of butchered people hanging from the ceiling.

Oh wow, I found the kitchen but I never actually saw the people, probably because I was usually crouched down and sneaking around looking for trinkets and fizzpop :aaa:

So did Aleksis just have a bunch of people murdered before 1st day and stock them in his kitchen? I mean it sounds like the kind of thing a poser lunatic like him would do, and fits with the setting of the Visionaries (and Eternalists) being some of the worst people in the world, but even so Jesus Christ.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Oct 10, 2021

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is it actual people or is it mannequins like in the blood fountain room?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I'm on my final loop mission now, is there anything really cool that I should hit up before I finish the game? I feel like I haven't caught nearly half the stuff you guys have, when I run into strange things I usually spend five or ten minutes uselessly running around the area and then give up while kicking myself for wasting so much time.

One of the disappointing things was that I feel like I settled into a set of gear very early on, and so there wasn't much reward in following up on side missions. I did the thing where some lab assistants are doing an unsanctioned experiment, and it turns out it makes a trinket, so I ran around the entire area to fill the energy tank up, and it spit out four purple trinkets, none of which I can remember because they weren't unique and I probably already had them. It feels like there's very little choice in the guns, too -- you get the silenced LIMP almost immediately and it's the best gun in the entire game so all the other guns that fire small caliber rounds are unusable, and then you get a rifle or nailgun (probably rifle since you already have the silenced LIMP) and one of the shotguns to deal with groups. After playing for like 5 hours, every single gun dropped made me think "cool, but I can't get rid of the silenced LIMP", "cool but not as good as the exploding Rapier", or "cool but my shotgun with burning pellets is probably better and/or doesn't use LIMP ammo".

The only legendary weapons I found were the orange sniper rifle and the gun that Frank drops, and both of them fell into one of the above categories so I never bothered hunting down the others.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Phenotype posted:

I'm on my final loop mission now, is there anything really cool that I should hit up before I finish the game? I feel like I haven't caught nearly half the stuff you guys have, when I run into strange things I usually spend five or ten minutes uselessly running around the area and then give up while kicking myself for wasting so much time.

One of the disappointing things was that I feel like I settled into a set of gear very early on, and so there wasn't much reward in following up on side missions. I did the thing where some lab assistants are doing an unsanctioned experiment, and it turns out it makes a trinket, so I ran around the entire area to fill the energy tank up, and it spit out four purple trinkets, none of which I can remember because they weren't unique and I probably already had them. It feels like there's very little choice in the guns, too -- you get the silenced LIMP almost immediately and it's the best gun in the entire game so all the other guns that fire small caliber rounds are unusable, and then you get a rifle or nailgun (probably rifle since you already have the silenced LIMP) and one of the shotguns to deal with groups. After playing for like 5 hours, every single gun dropped made me think "cool, but I can't get rid of the silenced LIMP", "cool but not as good as the exploding Rapier", or "cool but my shotgun with burning pellets is probably better and/or doesn't use LIMP ammo".

The only legendary weapons I found were the orange sniper rifle and the gun that Frank drops, and both of them fell into one of the above categories so I never bothered hunting down the others.

You've missed the "best" weapons from a design standpoint. Like, they're not great mechanically, but the concepts are incredible. One is in Complex Noon, in the bunker area, you'll have an opportunity to grab it while you're breaking Egor's poo poo. The other is in Karl's Bay Evening, the Fathoms of Terror attraction is open finally and you can check out what you need to do there.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, but I assumed that was all for show from pre-prepared pork or something given the impossibility of what Aleksis was claiming.

Theres tubes underneath it coming from the stage.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

one of the best laughs I had was at the party if you stay hidden and watch enough eternalists brag about the ghoulish poo poo they do to prove they're wolves or whatever, eventually one eternalist walks up and timidly says something like "I once borrowed my neighbor's coffee pot and...didn't return it? :shobon:" and you think she's super dead, except they all love it

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
Man I have never stealthed long enough at the party to see half of this stuff

I didn't have any notion that there's any cannibalism or meat grinding going on, 5 minutes in the only party anyone is having is racing into the same doorway to attack me.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Sivart13 posted:

Man I have never stealthed long enough at the party to see half of this stuff

I didn't have any notion that there's any cannibalism or meat grinding going on, 5 minutes in the only party anyone is having is racing into the same doorway to attack me.

There’s so much party dialogue and animations that I feel like it was planned for there to be a way to disguise yourself at some point that was cut for time

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I read somewhere (but I can't remember where) about how one of the things that made Die Hard so good was how it established a sense of geography. I've been replaying Prey fairly annually, and just picked up Dishonored 2 again after a few years, and man, Arkane is second to none at exactly that. Dunwall, Karnaka, Talos One, and Blackreef all feel like real places I wish I could just walk through without the gameplay (which is fun, don't get me wrong, but immersive sims/first person sneakers haven't fundamentally changed since Thief and Deus Ex).

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

FrancisFukyomama posted:

There’s so much party dialogue and animations that I feel like it was planned for there to be a way to disguise yourself at some point that was cut for time

Wait, that's not what you get if you figure out how to save the mask guy that Harriet kills in the morning?

I didn't realize before playing the game that literally every NPC would want you dead, I figured there would be friendlies here and there to give you information and items and stuff, or at least some sort of mask or something so you'd be able to walk around without getting shot at. Instead it kinda reminds me of Bioshock, this isolated little city filled with crazy people who shoot you on sight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

one of the best laughs I had was at the party if you stay hidden and watch enough eternalists brag about the ghoulish poo poo they do to prove they're wolves or whatever, eventually one eternalist walks up and timidly says something like "I once borrowed my neighbor's coffee pot and...didn't return it? :shobon:" and you think she's super dead, except they all love it

Oh wow, haha I've never listened for long enough to get that, that's great.

Phenotype posted:

Wait, that's not what you get if you figure out how to save the mask guy that Harriet kills in the morning?

I didn't realize before playing the game that literally every NPC would want you dead, I figured there would be friendlies here and there to give you information and items and stuff, or at least some sort of mask or something so you'd be able to walk around without getting shot at. Instead it kinda reminds me of Bioshock, this isolated little city filled with crazy people who shoot you on sight.

As far as I know there is honestly only one NPC who won't attack you on sight, Pick, who you find has left you a note after committing suicide begging you to come find her before she kills herself the next day, because she suspects but doesn't know for sure that you're also fully aware that 1st day keeps looping. Her reaction to you following up on the note is simultaneously sweet and depressing, she finds such hope in knowing you're trying to break the loop, but it convinces her to just commit suicide at the start of each morning to rush her through to you eventually breaking the loop and freeing her.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Phenotype posted:

Nope, that just gets you a couple of notes, the head to Haul-A-Quin: A Charlie Montague Game, and the opportunity to stab Amador yourself.

But I would have enjoyed the opportunity to call a truce for a loop or two. Even if it meant giving up all my stuff and basically starting from scratch as a cost, I'd have liked to take part in the festivities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Jerusalem posted:

Oh wow, haha I've never listened for long enough to get that, that's great.

As far as I know there is honestly only one NPC who won't attack you on sight, Pick, who you find has left you a note after committing suicide begging you to come find her before she kills herself the next day, because she suspects but doesn't know for sure that you're also fully aware that 1st day keeps looping. Her reaction to you following up on the note is simultaneously sweet and depressing, she finds such hope in knowing you're trying to break the loop, but it convinces her to just commit suicide at the start of each morning to rush her through to you eventually breaking the loop and freeing her.

Wow I never found this. Where should I look?