Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.
Man, moving my S3 from my 12 Pro to my 13 Pro is being a pain in the rear end. The transfer process never asked to move my watch, so I unpaired and then restored from backup on the new phone. This took like 90 minutes and then said it couldn’t communicate with the phone. I hit “try again” and it worked after another like 20 minutes, but now it’s like only half-restored and even a lot of built-in apps like Music are missing. And the watch’s Bluetooth MAC address is showing up in my phone’s Bluetooth settings as if it’s a device that isn’t paired to my phone.

I guess I’ll update to iOS 15.0.1 and try it all again… :sigh:
If this kills my Move streak imma be real mad at Tim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I tried doing the watch move process when swapping phones for my wife and I and neither of them worked. I had to do the unpair/re-pair process for both.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
Does anyone else own an electric scooter? My SE has been automatically detecting my recent rides as bike rides for some reason- I don’t remember this ever happening. Is there a way to configure Fitness so this doesn’t happen?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

UncleGuito posted:

Does anyone else own an electric scooter? My SE has been automatically detecting my recent rides as bike rides for some reason- I don’t remember this ever happening. Is there a way to configure Fitness so this doesn’t happen?

Take the free exercise rings !

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You will be in the best shape of your life!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

in the mall wearing a mask trying to figure out why i have to keep entering my passcode to open my phone when i'm wearing my watch...
looks for watch setting, tries to enable it... gets an error
tries again.
looks up on google to see if there's any issue..
indeed the new iphone somehow will not use faceid to unlock with an apple watch. i must upgrade to 15.0.1
the upgrade to fix this issue is 600+mb..
apple will not allow me to update via cell service and requires me to be on wifi....

my phone didn't even alert me to the new update.. even though it kept bothering me to update to 15.0.0... when i was already at 15.0.0.

like how do they mess something so basic as faceid on a new iphone with a watch.. and then try to address this issue with a patch update nearly the size of a regular CD and not bother to notify my phone.

the new world time face is kinda nice though

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is it possible to get rid of the “good morning” summary the first time you unlock your phone in the day? It’s annoying and unnecessary and clearing it is 1 extra step I don’t want to do.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is it possible to get rid of the “good morning” summary the first time you unlock your phone in the day? It’s annoying and unnecessary and clearing it is 1 extra step I don’t want to do.

I've never seen that and have no idea what you're referring to, so I'd say there's a good chance you can get rid of it.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I've never seen that and have no idea what you're referring to, so I'd say there's a good chance you can get rid of it.

It doesn’t go away until you scroll down and hit clear or whatever. Pretty annoying.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

It's part of the Bedtime feature, I believe. If you turn off Bedtime you won't get the Good Morning summary.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah I'm not a fan of that, when my alarm goes off I'm probably looking at my phone first for weather and poo poo.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I use the bedtime thing and have never seen that Good Morning message before.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Series 7 going up for pre-order on Friday. Availability in stores Oct 15th. No new details or specs released still though.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021/10/apple-watch-series-7-orders-start-friday-october-8/

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

PirateDentist posted:

Series 7 going up for pre-order on Friday. Availability in stores Oct 15th. No new details or specs released still though.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021/10/apple-watch-series-7-orders-start-friday-october-8/

"gently caress you, we know you'll buy it anyway"

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I suspect it’ll be a worthwhile upgrade over my series 3.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

"gently caress you, we know you'll buy it anyway"

Whether you're in need of a new watch to replace your aging old one or a consumerist drone who mindlessly buys new poo poo for the novelty yea, you'll just get the newest one either way. What else do they need to say at this point?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The battery on my S5 is a bit weak now if I do sleep tracking, but I don’t think that justifies an upgrade. I can live without sleep tracking until the 8 or whatever

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Anyone still have dark sky on their watch? Mine is now saying "your location was not found". It's working ok on my phone.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

phosdex posted:

Anyone still have dark sky on their watch? Mine is now saying "your location was not found". It's working ok on my phone.

Yeah it’s working for me.

Sometimes it just doesn’t though for whatever reason and then it magically does work. :shrug:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I ordered an iWatch 7 Edition edition. Looking forward to having a battery that lasts until I go to bed.

Minus side was delivery date for shipping was in November, so I had to get in-store pickup for release date.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah it’s working for me.

Sometimes it just doesn’t though for whatever reason and then it magically does work. :shrug:

That's why I uninstalled it from my phone years ago. It would either randomly not work at all or think I was on the other side of the planet.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I’m torn, because I kinda want to switch it up and get a different color or finish, but I think I might miss the Nike faces from my current watch. They’re legible and simple and good. The case selection on the Nikes is a little boring, though.

Help me, goons.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Shart Carbuncle posted:

I’m torn, because I kinda want to switch it up and get a different color or finish, but I think I might miss the Nike faces from my current watch. They’re legible and simple and good. The case selection on the Nikes is a little boring, though.

Help me, goons.

I was going through the Nikes one right now. They are so blah. I usually get the Nike ones for the same reason but last year I got the blue watch and haven’t missed the Nike faces at all. I get compliments for the blue paired with the California Poppy leather band all the time. Even when I got vaccinated the nurse said that’s a very nice watch right before she plunged the needle in.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I like the Nike band on the SE, but with them pushing the branding harder on the Nike 7 I'm probably not getting a Nike watch again. I don't use Run Club and the faces are kinda dull.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Endless Mike posted:

Minus side was delivery date for shipping was in November, so I had to get in-store pickup for release date.

I don't have that option for any of the non-aluminum watches in my area. :(

Edit:

Well, nothing is available for pickup in my area. Ended up with this sexy combo, just can't justify the upgrade price for the stainless steel, even if I can afford it.

Trading in my Series 3 just to get rid of the fuckin' thing and save a bit of coin too. Probably could get more selling it but that requires effort.

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 8, 2021

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Screw it, going from a space gray to starlight with the purple braided loop. November delivery though.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I bought the dark cherry leather link for my gold SE and I really love it! I wish I had the courage to buy the chalk leather link but there is no way I don't get paint on it or scuff the gently caress out of it immediately.

If I was buying a 7, Starlight would be my choice, I like it a lot!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fun life hack for the exercise ring: live at low altitude, then take a vacation to the Colorado Rockies.

Oh you're headed into a grocery store? Here's five free exercise minutes.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

My boss told me I’d have to come in on a Saturday for a training course and wouldn’t be paid overtime and I was so mad that I registered 131 exercise minutes before I went home that day.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Does anyone know if you can reschedule a delivery? I can't do pickup because there are none near my area with supply and their delivery date runs right around when I have to leave for week

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Strong Sauce posted:

Does anyone know if you can reschedule a delivery? I can't do pickup because there are none near my area with supply and their delivery date runs right around when I have to leave for week

Your best bet is to set up a My UPS account. If I know I'm not going to be home, I usually redirect the package to the nearest UPS store and then I pick it up at my leisure.

Unless you're not in the US, then I don't know.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Ever since my Apple Watch upgraded to watchOS 8.0 and my iPhone to iOS 15.0.1, it will no longer turn off scheduled Do Not Disturb mode. It will mirror my iPhone and go into DND but when the iPhone turns off DND the Apple Watch won’t mirror it. I’ve tried restarting both devices and deleting and recreating the DND automation; that usually works for a day or two and then it goes back to failing to turn off DND.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

Your best bet is to set up a My UPS account. If I know I'm not going to be home, I usually redirect the package to the nearest UPS store and then I pick it up at my leisure.

Unless you're not in the US, then I don't know.
yeah i may just try that. although i hate picking up at my ups

Mr. Apollo posted:

Ever since my Apple Watch upgraded to watchOS 8.0 and my iPhone to iOS 15.0.1, it will no longer turn off scheduled Do Not Disturb mode. It will mirror my iPhone and go into DND but when the iPhone turns off DND the Apple Watch won’t mirror it. I’ve tried restarting both devices and deleting and recreating the DND automation; that usually works for a day or two and then it goes back to failing to turn off DND.
Is "Share Across Devices" enabled in Settings/Focus?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Strong Sauce posted:

Is "Share Across Devices" enabled in Settings/Focus?
Yes, and I have “Mirror iPhone” enabled in the Watch app > General > Focus. It worked fine prior to the update.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I have noticed that half of the time, I can no longer control music playback from my watch now. It shows that something is playing on my iPhone but when I click on that item to bring up the controls, nothing happens.

Also, I had to do two 45 minute presentations yesterday to other teachers (history presentation on sundown towns) and it registered the entire time of me walking around the room as exercise. Apparently, my heart rate was high enough that it saw it as exercise (most days at school, it does not).

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That sounds about right for doing a school presentation.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

friendship ended with JAMIE RAY now ANJA is my best apple fitness plus friend

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Finally upgrading my aging S3. What are the chances I can get one at the fruit stand on 10/15? Is it like the phones where there is some in store inventory?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Sock The Great posted:

Finally upgrading my aging S3. What are the chances I can get one at the fruit stand on 10/15? Is it like the phones where there is some in store inventory?

You can still preorder for release day pickup so I say a pretty good chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

jabro posted:

You can still preorder for release day pickup so I say a pretty good chance.

Weird. It’s showing unavailable for pickup at every store within 60 miles of me (Connecticut). I will check throughout the week.