Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I think we all know Urban is going to do all he can to get a handle on things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1447297373164785672?t=MUSG6ymKawQaNdSzZEfmUA&s=19

Oh HENRY

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It rules to have a Hall of Fame running back again, especially since I wasn't able to see the CJ2K stuff too much outside of box scores.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Does Henry make it in without a ring? How many more years does he have to keep his current pace? 2-3?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh wow, you're that young PM? Thought you were around back then.

Yeah, CJ2K's still the most dominant and dynamic runner I've seen except for...maybe Jamaal Charles. Derrick Henry's fantastic, don't get me wrong, but Chris Johnson was so incredibly fast and agile. I always respected the hell out of him and was terrified of him whenever the Texans played the Titans.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Does Henry make it in without a ring? How many more years does he have to keep his current pace? 2-3?

A ring has nothing to do with a hbs place in the hof if he wins the rushing title this year I'd say he's a lock

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
CJ2k was great until he got that big contract and then would fall down when a stiff breeze hit him

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

He probably needs 2-3 more years of his current pace but yeah he's the best RB of his era and that's usually a lock to make the Hall of Fame. Who is even on his level right now - Zeke? Chubb? Kamara? I'd still take DH over any of them.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Derrick Henry is going into the HoF on the back of repeat 2k seasons okay

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Demon Of The Fall posted:

There is a very good chance he hits 2K again this year, even with the extra game that’s a huge deal

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Well Titans fans the other 3 teams in the division are absolute garbage and are likely 3 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL. We're relying on you to represent us this year.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Kirios posted:

Well Titans fans the other 3 teams in the division are absolute garbage and are likely 3 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL. We're relying on you to represent us this year.

What's a 9-8 record weighted against the AFC South curve

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kirios posted:

Oh wow, you're that young PM? Thought you were around back then.

Yeah, CJ2K's still the most dominant and dynamic runner I've seen except for...maybe Jamaal Charles. Derrick Henry's fantastic, don't get me wrong, but Chris Johnson was so incredibly fast and agile. I always respected the hell out of him and was terrified of him whenever the Texans played the Titans.

I was in high school and my family didn't have cable, lol. Even being a huge Jayhawks fan at the time, the only games I saw of that championship season was the Final Four and the championship game at my grandparents' house.

E: Actually, looking at the timeline, I would've been in college for some of his good years, so... I dunno. But I feel like I didn't see that many of his all-time games. Maybe my memory's just loving with me.

Kirios posted:

i have bad news

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 10, 2021

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Kirios posted:

We lost to the jets

We are just as much a part of the the poo poo sandwich as everyone else friend

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The titans are winning the super bowl enough crying over bad rng in week 4

Back on topic I love henry I hope he breaks LdTs td record

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

My hot take is Derrick Henry should have won the 2020 NFL MVP.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Agreed.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I think it's really cool that the titans have both their best hb and wr in franchise history on the roster at the same time

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yeah, AJB owns.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
derrick Henry

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Stevie Lee posted:

derrick Henry

He had 130 yards and 3 TDs.

You'd think Urban Meyer would be better at plugging the hole

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Probably Magic posted:

You can win three games this season and be stuck winning three games a season for another two seasons or you can lose out bad now and have possibly a 6-10 win season next year with possibly bigger returns. Like, this team is too distracted by bullshit to be in a position to really start turning it around, might as well let the trash take itself out.

Except we don't draft very well here in Jacksonville.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Jacksonville’s last couple years of drafting are something else man. The Travis etienne pick is just jawdropping imo especially considering that Robinson was basically the only good player on the team last year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
My favorite is not drafting home hero lamar Jackson

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Hey why do that when you can give a huge contract to nick foles based off of one Flaccoesque playoff run and then immediately bench him for mustache meme man.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Upon further review here are my takeaways from the game today.

David Long is a stud and is going to take Jayons job going forward. Or maybe Rashaan Evans. At any rate dude is a machine out there. I hope Jayon can get healthy because he has been a great player here.

After five games against four teams that are mediocre to bad and one team that is very good I am comfortable saying that Shane Bowen is a dumbfuck. What is more concerning is the fact that he is Vrabel’s hand picked guy to run the kind of defense he wants. The way this team gives receivers a giant cushion on 3rd and longs especially is maddening. Also, nothing against HONOR Landry who played great today but why the gently caress are you having him drop into coverage in the red zone? He is great at rushing the passer. That is what he should be focusing on especially considering that for the third year in a row he is the only person pass rushing worth a poo poo.

If Fulton is out next week we are completely hosed. I was encouraged to see Caleb Farley getting some play but Jenkins was only not a liability today because Jacksonville loving sucks. By my count he’s had two terrible games, two decent ones and then today where aside from that pick that got negated by a flag, he was invisible. Between Diggs, Knox, Sanders, and Beasley Buffalo is going to score fifty on our defense next week. It doesn’t help that half of our starters are injured and the other half can’t tackle at all.

I’m glad Byard is great again. Also, even if they didn’t have to do a whole lot I was impressed with all three of the main receivers today. Beginning to have concerns that AJ is never gonna be healthy. But Chester Rogers has been a very pleasant surprise and Marcus Johnson looked great today too.

I am going to be very curious to see who our week one OL starters are next season. Quessenberry and Ben Jones will both be free agents and Saffold will be down to his last year on his deal. Would not be surprised at all to see all three gone.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I do miss Dean

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Bills are going to destroy us lol

Have to decide whether to go or sell my tickets to some Bills fans and make $$$

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

Except we don't draft very well here in Jacksonville.

The draft is less the point than making sure Meyer leaves. Lawrence, IMO, is good enough to forgive a lot of sins but not a lovely coach.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Probably Magic posted:

If you're a Jags fan, why would you even want to win, you want Urban Meyer to feel enough fire on the hot seat to plead with Wyoming to make him god-emperor as soon as possible. Think long term here, folks.
Because gently caress the Titans.

Metapod posted:

I do miss Dean
What a world.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Because gently caress the Titans.

Fair.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

That being said we're all in this cellar together so lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

It's just really hard for me personally to get that amped up hating the Texans or Jags, they're just our fellow pieces of slime stuck at the bottom of the latrine. It's like rooting against a fellow underdog, it feels bad.

Now the Colts on the other hand....

(who i'm aware suck, i'm just still having nightmares about peyton manning to this day)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
We’ve been good for four years straight, don’t lump us in with the other losers in our division

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Probably Magic posted:

It's just really hard for me personally to get that amped up hating the Texans or Jags, they're just our fellow pieces of slime stuck at the bottom of the latrine. It's like rooting against a fellow underdog, it feels bad.

Now the Colts on the other hand....

(who i'm aware suck, i'm just still having nightmares about peyton manning to this day)

this is how I feel about the Jags. Sadly, I bear the Titans undying and eternal ill will for being the stolen Houston Oilers, sorry my friend.

The Colts, also, are bad because of Peyton Manning.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Just wanted to share my favorite football column, Jaguars Junction:

quote:

Jacksonville’s Jaguars entered this week’s game against traditional rivals Tennessee with extra scrutiny. Fans and analysts alike focused with relentless ardor on whether the Jags would be able to focus and win the “game within the game.” We can now say that the answer is: almost.

It is often said that football is a game of inches—or, more appropriately, yards. The field position battle on Sunday depended, as always, on two opposing forces: The mighty feet of Tennessee punter Johnny Townsend, and Jacksonville punter Logan Cooke. In this contest, I’m afraid, Tennessee came out ahead—barely. Townsend was responsible for four punts on the day averaging 42.5 yards each, and Cooke got off two punts averaging 40 yards each. The 2.5-yard edge that Townsend secured for the Titans offense, multiplied by four, adds up to a full 10 yards of field position advantage accruing to the Titans over the course of the game. That margin ultimately gave Tennessee what it needed to score 18 more points than the Jaguars, resulting in a hard-fought but ultimately disappointing loss for Jacksonville. Coach Irvin Mayer and his special teams staff will now be responsible for remedying the errors with long hours in the film room and round after round of strategic adjustment.

If I may step outside of analytics and add a small personal message here, to all of the Jaguars Junction fans who emailed me this week, frantically demanding an installment of this column: Do not direct your scorn at Logan Cooke. Harsh criticism rarely improves performance. Furthermore, punt distance is not simply the product of the competitive will of the punter—it is also affected by factors outside his control like offensive line positioning, weather conditions, and so forth.

Hamilton Nolan just knows football.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

He was a good dc i don't understand the surprise

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Bismack Billabongo posted:

We’ve been good for four years straight, don’t lump us in with the other losers in our division

The Titans will always be Jeff Fisher’s mediocracy in my mind.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Probably Magic posted:

The draft is less the point than making sure Meyer leaves. Lawrence, IMO, is good enough to forgive a lot of sins but not a lovely coach.

I think Meyer is as good as gone. Calling it now during the bye week.

The reason I mentioned the draft is because of Jacksonville's abysmal record drafting not only in the top 10 every year but often in the top 5. Lawrence was a no brainer and impossible to gently caress up but, dear lord, you'd think the Jaguars would have improved by accident just having so many high picks for like a decade now.

I've posted some of the more egregious examples somewhere in this thread. I can't find it but it's genuinely impressive in its shitiness and the long list of superstars they've passed on to draft guys like Luke Joekel, Justin Blackmon, Blaine Gabbert and Donte Fowler. They even traded UP to grab those last two.

Even when they hit on a player (Jalen Ramsey) the guy usually winds up forcing himself off the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BiggerBoat posted:

I think Meyer is as good as gone. Calling it now during the bye week.

The reason I mentioned the draft is because of Jacksonville's abysmal record drafting not only in the top 10 every year but often in the top 5. Lawrence was a no brainer and impossible to gently caress up but, dear lord, you'd think the Jaguars would have improved by accident just having so many high picks for like a decade now.

I've posted some of the more egregious examples somewhere in this thread. I can't find it but it's genuinely impressive in its shitiness and the long list of superstars they've passed on to draft guys like Luke Joekel, Justin Blackmon, Blaine Gabbert and Donte Fowler. They even traded UP to grab those last two.

Even when they hit on a player (Jalen Ramsey) the guy usually winds up forcing himself off the team.
Theres also the bad FA moves and trades. Like last year they had an offer on the table from the Bucs to move back from 9 to 14, where they likely still could have landed Henderson, where they would have received a 3rd and 5th rounder for it. They of course declined and now Henderson is a Panther because of the regime change. Chaisson is a complete bust. All this years FA signins are either bad or overpaid, if not both. Drafting Tyson Campbell at 33 when you already have Henderson, Shaquill Griffin, Sidney Jones, and Tre Herndon is absurd THEN they trade two of those guys "because Campbell is doing so well" only for him to not be able to play THE NEXT loving GAME. They get an, at best, top 16 TE, plus a 3rd round pick for Henderson and got a 6th rounder for Sidney Jones who is now a starter for the Seahawks. They traded a starting CB for a 6th rounder! And one of the leagues top 32 QBs Gardner Minshew for a 6th rounder. Its all totally pathetic and insane.