Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
e: 420 bad snype everyday

heh man, for some reason today meraki decided to think all of google's poo poo was in Hong Kong so I had to manually whitelist it in their stupid L7 gui thing I was bitching about last page... (luckily since it was impacting so many people, we got like 10 people to do it so it took like 30mins but still 5 hours before meraki decided to put something up)

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/Google-com-incorrectly-Geolocated/td-p/129810

also shows how terrible their layer7 filtering stuff is; ie. no logging at all even with syslog, had to packet capture and for some reason only maxmind (meraki's geo2ip vendor or whatever) was showing all this google stuff in Hong Kong

also their temp-fix was their engineer just saying to whitelist hong kong til they figure out whats going on :cool:

e: oh they just fixed it and lol gently caress them :>

We have worked with our GEO IP vendor and identified a root cause for this issue. Meraki Engineering has pushed a fix to remediate the issue. The fix will apply based on the configured list update interval settings which can be configured under SD-WAN > SD-WAN & traffic shaping.

For a more immediate update, users can change their current content rules to a full list or top sites, wait for a configuration update, and revert the changes back to the previously configured setting. These settings can be found under SD-WAN > Content filtering.

Hirez fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Honestly for what you're doing it sounds like Meraki isn't the way to go. I use it a fair bit for the auto VPN feature between companies split over multiple locations who want to blend different types of connectivity, but I have static routes out to other boxes (TNSR, MikroTik) when I need to have complicated VPN setups and things like that.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Anyone deploying Versa? So far liking it a lot.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
There's a lot of stuff with Meraki that annoys me. Not being able to push dACL/Group Policy via ISE to any MX appliance. WiFi on MX appliances not supporting RADIUS accounting. Security Group tagging only working on like 1 switch and 2 AP models. All seems very arbitrary.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

And rebooting a Meraki switch takes loving forever to come back up.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

GreenNight posted:

And rebooting a Meraki switch takes loving forever to come back up.

but it has rainbow colours you get to tell the meraki tech about while it boots up for 10 minutes... :unsmith:

e: also changing isn't really isn't an option, our "partner company" is like a franchise of animal/dental clinics, that basically has them at every site and they're not replacing those...

but they're also dumb and decided to test out the L7 filtering without telling anyone really, and only allowing :911: & :: (because why would anyone need to access anything else)... then came all the google, office, akamai, cloudflare, etc etc requests to/from like ireland/netherlands and every day is a new website that some clinic just HAS to access and it only works on their phone :argh:

Hirez fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 25, 2021

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Meraki sounds pretty garbage. Just get a FortiGate, problem solved.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Hirez posted:

e: 420 bad snype everyday

heh man, for some reason today meraki decided to think all of google's poo poo was in Hong Kong so I had to manually whitelist it in their stupid L7 gui thing I was bitching about last page... (luckily since it was impacting so many people, we got like 10 people to do it so it took like 30mins but still 5 hours before meraki decided to put something up)

To be totally fair, the same google ip can be anycasted to both US and HK, so i'm not really sure how you would want to deal with geoip. I see palo altos frequently drop all traffic destined toward the US when told to block china, because they think alibabacloud los angeles/san jose = china

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

What's the best way to view the configuration of a specific port? Right now I do a show run and just scroll down to it.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
show run interface <whatever>

show run int gig0/1, for example

You can also pipe the input to look for specific things or begin at a certain line

'show run | b interface' would start the show run at the first instance of 'interface' in the config (case sensitive)
'show run | i interface' would show only the lines containing 'interface', also case sensitive

Filthy Lucre fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 1, 2021

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Bob Morales posted:

What's the best way to view the configuration of a specific port? Right now I do a show run and just scroll down to it.

If it's Cisco you can just add the interface to the show run command:

code:

show run interface Gig 0/1

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

<:smuggo:> You look at the config in your config management platform </:smuggo:>

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Just click on the port in the meraki portal!

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
Also you didn't specify which config, running or startup. Go Cisco.

(Junos 4 lyfe)

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

If it's Cisco you can just add the interface to the show run command:

code:
show run interface Gig 0/1

gratzi

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Thanks Ants posted:

<:smuggo:> You look at the config in your config management platform </:smuggo:>

God no. I'm imagining some kind of java gui applet that only runs on IE6 and takes at least 10 clicks with loading screens to get any information.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I set up 802.1x on a new 4500 at our other location in conjunction with Windows NPS. Port authorization and VLAN assignment worked fine.

Preferred methods for non-AD device authentication? Setting up users with Mac addresses as the username and password didn't work because of the domain password policy.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

As in an LDAP server that's not Microsoft AD?

OpenLDAP certainly is a thing that functions, it's usually a bit harder to administer users unless you can find a good web ui. I'd used one in the past but don't fully remember it's name.

It was fine to tie in to freeradius + freebsd server auth tho.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
If it's managed devices you could just do certificate auth

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Have you looked at ClearPass?

Edit: Oh, you mean you want a way of authenticating devices that aren't in AD? What type of devices are they - can they just sit on a guest network and not be authenticated and have no access to resources other than the internet?

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 10, 2021

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

Have you looked at ClearPass?

Edit: Oh, you mean you want a way of authenticating devices that aren't in AD? What type of devices are they - can they just sit on a guest network and not be authenticated and have no access to resources other than the internet?

Yes, non-AD devices

Printers, CNC machines, random poo poo like a postage meter, video camera, time clocks, access points whatever

gooby pls
May 18, 2012

Look into doing SCEP on your certificate authority if you have one:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com...ers/ba-p/397821

Would allow non domain resources to request a cert which could be used for .1x auth.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

gooby pls posted:

Look into doing SCEP on your certificate authority if you have one:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com...ers/ba-p/397821

Would allow non domain resources to request a cert which could be used for .1x auth.

They don't have set up. Is there a better way to do this? I'm not sure why the guy wants to do this so bad. I would just shut off the ports not being used. Not like people are moving stuff around anyway

gooby pls
May 18, 2012

Is there a compliance reason? 99% of my ISE projects are for clients requiring things like centralized TACACS or port security to check off their PCI audit.

Spinning up a CA for a domain is pretty trivial if you want to go the eap-tls route with cert auth.

Alternatively, most NACs will do MAB (MAC address bypass) but you’d have to compile and maintain a list of MAC addresses for allowed devices.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I'll have to see if it's part of CMMC

We have a Forescout at this location that I have to set up

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Stacked radius to fallback to something supporting MAB and enrollment on the backend ?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Aware posted:

Anyone deploying Versa? So far liking it a lot.

If you got a trip report you're willing/able to share I'd love to hear it. We're looking at either them or Aruba as a replacement for our Cisco GetVPN mesh, and maybe as firewall replacement as well. They look pretty similar on the WAN front, but on firewall looks like Versa runs with a standard central device ACL vs Aruba doing zone base pain

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Seems very capable so far but very geared towards ISP/Telco/MSP space. Very complicated deployment but ticks what feels like every box, if you can work out how to get a configuration deployed. We're in PoC phase for some customers and replacing leased lines with it where it makes sense.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

quote:

The new firmware includes support for the following features:
- Critical/failed auth VLAN support for MS120/125/210/225/250/350/355/425/450 series switches
- Syslog support for MS390 series switches
- MS390 boot time reduction
- SNMP support for MS390 series switches
- RADIUS accounting support for MS390 series switches
- QoS support for MS390 series switches
- CoA support for MS390 series switches
- Adaptive policy support for MS390 series switches
- Alternate Management Interface support for MS210/MS225/MS250/MS350/MS355/MS410/MS425/MS450 series switches
- SecureConnect support for MS210/MS225/MS250/MS350/MS355/MS410/MS425/MS450 series switches
- STP anomaly detection events for non-MS390 series switches
- Multiple performance & stability improvements. More detailed information can be seen in the firmware changelog on dashboard.

Yessssss

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Where's RADIUS Accounting on MX devices tho... and sending dACL name via ISE.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

loving Meraki. So we have a stack of 8 Meraki switches that keep losing connectivity to their cloud. They still pass client traffic but they all show offline, so I can't configure switch ports or anything. I opened a case and this is their response.

quote:

Thank you for contacting Cisco Meraki Support!

Yes, currently there is a known issue with MS390s losing connectivity from the cloud and showing as offline but still maintaining no client traffic impact on the network.
Our development team is aware of the issue.

Once we receive any updates, I'll be sure to follow up!

What the gently caress, really? Do you expect me to reboot a stack of 8 switches every other week? God drat.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The 390s seem like they were panicked about not having anything properly high end and tried to make a 9300 do the job. I never hear anything good about them.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

GreenNight posted:

loving Meraki. So we have a stack of 8 Meraki switches that keep losing connectivity to their cloud. They still pass client traffic but they all show offline, so I can't configure switch ports or anything. I opened a case and this is their response.

What the gently caress, really? Do you expect me to reboot a stack of 8 switches every other week? God drat.

lol

Well that's better than not getting an answer and then hearing about it from another user on the Meraki forums

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
If you got meraki in your network I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but meraki ain't one.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

About 100 Meraki APs
About 70 Meraki security camera's.
About 50 Meraki switches with another dozen on order cause reasons.
4 Meraki SD-WAN appliances.

Good times.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GreenNight posted:

And what have we learned about shared control planes?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I guess I ruffled a few feathers. I have a meeting with our Meraki rep, his boss, and some director concerning our switch issues later today.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Am I huge a dumbass for wanting to use iBGP as an IGP inside two data centres with eBGP between them? It's like 6 devices total.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Am I huge a dumbass for wanting to use iBGP as an IGP inside two data centres with eBGP between them? It's like 6 devices total.

Yes, don't do that.

Just use ospf and area 0 (not proprietary eigrp), optionally something bgp related between datacenters depending on your design.

If you need ibgp, run it between loopback interfaces not physical interfaces, this is where your actual igp helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

falz posted:

Yes, don't do that.

Just use ospf and area 0 (not proprietary eigrp), optionally something bgp related between datacenters depending on your design.

If you need ibgp, run it between loopback interfaces not physical interfaces, this is where your actual igp helps.

Does next-hop-self work with loopbacks and remove the need for another igp?

We have two ExpressRoute providers with private peering, one at each DC. We're going to have to use BGP anyway because we're using Azure vWAN and I want to use eBGP with our providers and AS Path Prepend the subnets that aren't local to each DC so that the return traffic from Azure picks the right ExpressRoute but we also get failover across our P2P links between DCs if we lose our ER provider at one of them.

So I guess I'm trying to avoid having to do OSPF <-> BGP redistribution in two places.