Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
I got my Pfizer booster on Friday and had a fever and chills Friday night like with my second dose. I only felt terrible for 12 hours instead of 36 hours this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Has anyone coined the term CovIdaho yet

purplestuffedworm
Oct 11, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

You can get one now if you're in a vulnerable group. BMI is rather ridiculous and even if you're not moon huge you could still very likely fit into the obese category. I'm only 205 pounds and qualify as obese even though I'm just average height. I'm definitely trying to lose this weight and have been doing well at it but it's crazy to me that I'm considered obese still and not just overweight because I really feel quite mobile and healthy these days

Aren't current and former smokers eligible for a booster in the US? That's pretty much the most unprovable personal attribute ever, sure random pharmacist, I used to smoke a pack a day until last year, cough cough.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Just booked my booster tomorrow morning at Meijer. Hopefully this is as uneventful as the first two shots.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Do you bring your original vaccine card to the booster appointment? Or do they give you a separate card?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Corn Glizzy posted:

Has anyone coined the term CovIdaho yet

My own private covidaho

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

A Strange Aeon posted:

Do you bring your original vaccine card to the booster appointment? Or do they give you a separate card?

They'll just add it to your card. I forgot mine and they told me to just write it on later, though I don't have a lot # for it now.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

purplestuffedworm posted:

Aren't current and former smokers eligible for a booster in the US? That's pretty much the most unprovable personal attribute ever, sure random pharmacist, I used to smoke a pack a day until last year, cough cough.

Anybody over 18 regardless of health issues is eligible

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Fallom posted:

Anybody over 18 regardless of health issues is eligible

For a booster shot? I don't think this is correct. From what understand the only people eligable are immunocompromised people and the elderly.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Charliegrs posted:

For a booster shot? I don't think this is correct. From what understand the only people eligable are immunocompromised people and the elderly.

No, thanks to a last minute save by Walensky the guidance includes people who face "exposure in the workplace" which can be defined as everyone, because saying an unboosted nurse is at risk of infection is tacit admission that all of us are.

This happened ~3 weeks ago, the CDC/FDA didn't make a big deal out of announcing it because the government doesn't care if we die.

smoobles fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 10, 2021

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Charliegrs posted:

The CDC recommends the following:

People 65 years and older should receive a booster shot;
Residents in long-term care settings should receive a booster shot;
people age 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions should receive a booster shot;
people age 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions may receive a booster shot, based on their individual benefits and risks; and
people aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional settings, including healthcare workers, may receive a booster shot, based on their individual benefits and risks.

Anyone who isn't a homer is in the last category, along with those who are and potentially have to get called in to work

And yeah, think about what it means that they're recommending boosters for any adult who may be exposed to covid instead of just those with medical issues

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 10, 2021

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
Has anyone here gone from J&J to mRNA after 6 months?

I'll be 8 months from my initial J&J next month, and I'm about to start an in-office job where I'll be around anti-vax chuds. Fuckin' Florida.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Just put into the CVS website that your last dose was on the legit date but in 2020 and their computer system will let you make the appointment and then you just show up and aint nobody saying poo poo to you. If they do just be like "whoops huh...? What? Huh??" until they give you the shot anyway.

Lychnis
Jul 22, 2015

Flowers are beautiful, and smell nice.
I'm unfortunately going to need to travel at the end of this month, so I'm really hoping I can get my booster now, even though it hasn't been quite 6 months yet. I really am in a vulnerable group, with a small but scary collection of comorbidities, but I won't be at 6 months from my second Pfizer until the 21st -- too late for it to be at the ideal two week mark by the time I need to travel. Any chance they'll just give it to me anyway, do you guys think, or should I go the "I'm totes immunocompromised!" route.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Fallom posted:

The CDC recommends the following:

People 65 years and older should receive a booster shot;
Residents in long-term care settings should receive a booster shot;
people age 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions should receive a booster shot;
people age 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions may receive a booster shot, based on their individual benefits and risks; and
people aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional settings, including healthcare workers, may receive a booster shot, based on their individual benefits and risks.

Anyone who isn't a homer is in the last category, along with those who are and potentially have to get called in to work

And yeah, think about what it means that they're recommending boosters for any adult who may be exposed to covid instead of just those with medical issues

This is for Pfizer, not Moderna. Moderna booster talks are this week.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I know this is from a page back but I'm just sort of :staredog: at the fact that he's directly implying in tweet #6 that A DANGEROUS SHOT would be completely fine if it was illegal immigrants. Like yeah, obviously republicans as a group see people of color as subhuman and want them to die and doubly so if they're "foreigners", but I didn't expect him to say the quiet part so loudly.

Also man they really are using "spike proteins" as a scare tactic, huh? BIG PHARMA wants to put DANGEROUS SPIKES inside YOUR SACRED BODY. And he also goes on to say that the hospital staff aren't "forcing any harmful protocols on me". Unlike those drat evil LIB doctors and their harmful protocols that they selfishly force on patients. Feel like I remember some kind of oath they had to take in medical school about that, even. What was it again, "do harm, do a lot of harm in fact, to good old-fashioned God-fearing Americans specifically"?

I know it's pointless to try and argue with this poo poo but god, it's truly just... Every line is a new, more insane contradiction.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Of course he turned off Twitter responses so no one can comment lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I got my 3rd Moderna shot at CVS under the same criteria. You can look at their site

quote:

I need to schedule an extra dose. I am fully vaccinated with Pfizer or Moderna and have a weakened immune system —OR— I need to schedule a booster. I’ve been fully vaccinated with Pfizer for over 6 months and am 65 or older; a resident of a long-term care facility; I am 18 or older and I have an underlying health condition putting me at high risk for severe COVID-19; or I am 18 or older and at high risk due to occupational or institutional exposure.

https://www.cvs.com/vaccine/intake/store/cvd/dose-select

It's not a booster formulation so if you'd rather wait for a half strength dose or whatever go nuts.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
The all-caps "-- OR --" means you can't mix & match criteria between the two sides of it. The only official grounds for Moderna #3, currently, is immunocompromise.

If they gave it to you on your reasoning, they either hosed up or didn't care enough to debate you.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fallom posted:

I got my 3rd Moderna shot at CVS under the same criteria. You can look at their site

It’s written poorly, but the intent is that all phrases set off with semicolons has “I’ve been fully vaccinated with Pfizer for over 6 months” as a precondition.

That said, Calvinball rules are in effect. You could get a pharmacist who wants to help everyone, or you could get a pharmacist who wants to gatekeep above and beyond the official criteria.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

GRECOROMANGRABASS posted:

Has anyone here gone from J&J to mRNA after 6 months?

I'll be 8 months from my initial J&J next month, and I'm about to start an in-office job where I'll be around anti-vax chuds. Fuckin' Florida.

2 shots of J&J actually had been showing really good results. I'm posting from my phone or would search up an article on it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ah I see the wording now. For what it's worth, I scheduled online and they just administered the shot to me at CVS. At no point was there a discussion or argument.

It's worth the effort to try.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

e: nm

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Just had some idiot on my friend's page say the covid vaccine is killing more people than it saves. Told him to get tf outta here with his TikTok medical advice.

Whole house had covid a few months back and the only real lovely part was being so drat tired. Got the shot, only lovely part of that was three days of joint pain. Tried stacking wood during that time and it was not fantastic.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Flordia covid cases 10/9 - 3,091
Tokyo covid cases 10/9 - 82

GET THE GODDAMN VACCINE YOU CHUCKLEFUCKS

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Airplane travel Wednesday coming back from seeing my family for the first time in 2 years. Breakthrough symptoms started last night. Haven't got a pcr test yet but come on what else can it be.

This poo poo sucks even with the vaccine, fuuuck. Total knockout most of sunday.

Don't fly, motherfuckers on planes are shits about masking. And the attendants only tell people to put their masks at the start of the flight, afterwards they just ignore it. Plus some people have figured out the ultimate loophole -- you don't have to mask when eating. So just bring snacks and continuously munch on poo poo for the whole flight!

Next time I see someone eating a whole bag of chips for the entire 2 hour flight, I will loving piss in the bag.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Scathach posted:

Just had some idiot on my friend's page say the covid vaccine is killing more people than it saves. Told him to get tf outta here with his TikTok medical advice.

Whole house had covid a few months back and the only real lovely part was being so drat tired. Got the shot, only lovely part of that was three days of joint pain. Tried stacking wood during that time and it was not fantastic.

Yeah I was concerned I was gonna have anything physical lingering because I haven't done gently caress all in weeks and picking up heavy poo poo was exhausting for a while there, but I got out playing football this weekend and I feel great, I think it was the inactivity more than the rona.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I had one night last week where I was pretty sick but I’m now back to rowing two miles a day like nothing happened :shrug:

I was worried about the long covid but it seems like I dodged it

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Barudak posted:

Flordia covid cases 10/9 - 3,091
Tokyo covid cases 10/9 - 82

GET THE GODDAMN VACCINE YOU CHUCKLEFUCKS

FL or Japan?

The answer is yes to both, Japan for some reason has had a very low and slow vac rate for some reason, but that was weeks or months ago, dunno if their numbers improved to atleast be better than the US's worst.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

FL or Japan?

The answer is yes to both, Japan for some reason has had a very low and slow vac rate for some reason, but that was weeks or months ago, dunno if their numbers improved to atleast be better than the US's worst.

As of October 1, something like 60% of Japan was double vaxxed, with over 70% at least single vaxxed. Tokyo numbers are even higher but I don't have exact figures.

The issue in Japan, despite the governments constant "concerns", was not that people were vaxx hesitant its that the government took its time approving it here (about 4 months behind the US) and then had gently caress-all supply for the first few months. There were some very heated confrontations for lottery slots even just a month a go for vaccines.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 11, 2021

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

FL or Japan?

Wondered the same thing. They improved, and quickly. I have to assume that Tokyo is further ahead percentage-wise compared to more rural areas.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

June is the first month any district in tokyo was allowed to start vaccinating people outside of first responders/medical staff/politicians/extreme eldery (80+), and it started smaaaaall with my ward of 250,000 people getting a total of 400 doses for all of June to cover people.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

PhazonLink posted:

You can find all of this info here. that's for first-dose, use the drop-down to see fully-vaccinated.

Japan really only got started propertly in June, but has been at a consistently good rate since.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Fallom posted:

I got my 3rd Moderna shot at CVS under the same criteria.

There's actually two different criteria announced by the CDC at two different times: a 3rd mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna) shot for moderate to severely immunocompromised people (at least 28 days after their 2nd shot) announced back in mid August and a booster Pfizer shot (at least 6 months after their 2nd Pfizer shot) for anyone over 65 or anyone 18+ with underlying conditions or who lives or works in a high risk setting, announced late September. Boosters for Morderna and other vaccines haven't been approved yet.

3rd shots and boosters are technically two different things, although a lot of news articles were also referring to the 3rd shots as boosters.

Edit: a further complication is that from what I've heard a lot of pharmacists were also uncertain about these criteria, or had printouts from head office that listed a few examples of what qualified as immunocompromised and refused to acknowledge any other conditions, or made up their own version of the criteria and were gatekeeping the shots and turning people away which also caused a lot of confusion. You could go to one pharmacy and get treated like a criminal and refused service but walk a block down the street and go to a different pharmacy and get your extra shot super easy by just ticking a check box on a form, no other questions asked.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Oct 11, 2021

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit: a further complication is that from what I've heard a lot of pharmacists were also uncertain about these criteria, or had printouts from head office that listed a few examples of what qualified as immunocompromised and refused to acknowledge any other conditions, or made up their own version of the criteria and were gatekeeping the shots and turning people away which also caused a lot of confusion. You could go to one pharmacy and get treated like a criminal and refused service but walk a block down the street and go to a different pharmacy and get your extra shot super easy by just ticking a check box on a form, no other questions asked.

To be fair that happened during the rollout of shot 1 too. There was a lot of similar "wack a mole" style gatekeeping. It's just the nature of things moving so quickly and not wanting to get sued.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
:v:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

Just put into the CVS website that your last dose was on the legit date but in 2020 and their computer system will let you make the appointment and then you just show up and aint nobody saying poo poo to you. If they do just be like "whoops huh...? What? Huh??" until they give you the shot anyway.

They'll check your vaccination card. Though I'm not sure what they will do if you don't have that.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Two days earlier

https://twitter.com/AllenWest/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Lol.

I just went to Meijer and got a Pfizer booster and a flu shot about a 1/2" (13mm) away. My phone reception has never been better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Goons, how was your experience with the 3rd shot compared to 2nd shot? About the same experience or better?