Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Lol, I've never seen a "GREAT IN A CROCKPOT!!" sticker like that before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

fartknocker posted:

:stonk:

Florida suddenly going completely black days after I saw King Crimson at an outdoor venue in the summer is something.

Sadly, nothing about that shocks me at all.

The shocking but also not shocking thing is when you can tell certain areas start properly reporting cases. Like when all of Missouri turned pitch black for a week as all of the cases from the last 2 months were reported in one day.

Rectal Placenta posted:

Lol, I've never seen a "GREAT IN A CROCKPOT!!" sticker like that before.
I think that's top sirloin roast

Needs a pack of french onion soup mix

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

CannonFodder posted:

I think that's top sirloin roast

Needs a pack of french onion soup mix

It also looks like it might be a chuck steak cut from a shoulder clod. I personally like to go with Italian dressing mix and make Italian beef.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Someone in our neighborhood carved these. No ring. 5/10

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The original tweet this was responding to was deleted, but probably some variation of "I identify as an attack copter," or something.

https://twitter.com/bigshika/status/1443555453753970696?s=20

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Braksgirl posted:

Someone in our neighborhood carved these. No ring. 5/10

A friend told me to not point out the Disney pumpkin and instead point at the one with 100 teeth that's a good pumpkin

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Good afternoon everyone.

https://twitter.com/CosyCIub/status/1447280416122195973?t=6NOcXKoTiRRAdGZA3EO0lw&s=19

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I was also going to ask you: did you just use ~4lbs chuck roast for that? Also, did you just use the "Low" Slow Cook setting on the instant pot?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Wow what a dame

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

General Dog posted:

Wow what a dame

The park ranger is a looker, too

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I honestly can’t believe that the Brooklyn Nets are going to let Kyrie just dictate his terms of being an anti-vaxxer.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I honestly can’t believe that the Brooklyn Nets are going to let Kyrie just dictate his terms of being an anti-vaxxer.

lol this post just reminded me that the music bingo host pronounced the title of the Mr. Mister song "Kyrie" like Irving's first name.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Samadhi posted:

I was also going to ask you: did you just use ~4lbs chuck roast for that? Also, did you just use the "Low" Slow Cook setting on the instant pot?

I used both, so yeah.

And yep! Low and slow. Eight hours.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Player empowerment is truly a double edged sword

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

I used both, so yeah.

And yep! Low and slow. Eight hours.

Thanks, going to make this delicious trash once we get the first snowfall.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I’m gonna play all the Hitmans (the recent three anyway)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

There's like an 80% chance the judge in this case is getting kick backs from whatever private company operates the juvenile detention center.

https://twitter.com/Bakari_Sellers/status/1446545187501654016?s=20

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Skwirl posted:

There's like an 80% chance the judge in this case is getting kick backs from whatever private company operates the juvenile detention center.

https://twitter.com/Bakari_Sellers/status/1446545187501654016?s=20

I haven’t read a word of the article but going by my experience with juvenile court judges, I feel like there’s just as good a chance they’re a piece of poo poo who enjoys it?

Sorry, I’m too bougie/west coast to have experienced this, I’m mildly fascinated but also can’t remotely envision the taste. How are you serving it, on a bun?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

I haven’t read a word of the article but going by my experience with juvenile court judges, I feel like there’s just as good a chance they’re a piece of poo poo who enjoys it?

It took her 5 tries to pass the bar and 3 years later she's on the bench, they're trying to import kids from other counties to put in their child jail. Something like 40% of kids that show up in front of her go to jail, versus 5% for the rest of the state's juvenile courts. The kids in question were originally arrested for witnessing a fight between other kids and not breaking it up.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Sorry, I’m too bougie/west coast to have experienced this, I’m mildly fascinated but also can’t remotely envision the taste. How are you serving it, on a bun?

You can eat it on a roll or over rice, depending on your preference.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

General Dog posted:

I’m gonna play all the Hitmans (the recent three anyway)

:hellyeah: :gritin:

They've done a lot of improvements for the readability of the game for new players since 2015 first came out, but please ask absolutely any questions you have. They are so much dumb fun.

Some random pointers: the points you get for completing a challenge are banked the second you do it. They exist just to encourage exploring the poo poo you can do in each stage, so I wouldn't worry for a second about save-scumming to try them out. It is such a drag otherwise if you run through the entire mission every single time you want to do a different kill or opportunity.

Once you get a bit of a feel for the game, I'd also recommend turning down the sign-posting on the mission stories. Some of them can be kind of finicky, but a lot of the fun (imo) is based on exploring and finding poo poo on your own instead of having it hold your hand through a bunch of scripted kills.

Don't worry about doing perfect runs every time, either. The challenges are the only thing that counts toward unlocks - your score at the end of the mission is just for arbitrary leaderboards. It is way more fun salvaging a mission when it goes sideways instead of reloading every time to get it perfect.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

im just gonna throw this poo poo in a bowl

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Blowjob Overtime posted:

:hellyeah: :gritin:

They've done a lot of improvements for the readability of the game for new players since 2015 first came out, but please ask absolutely any questions you have. They are so much dumb fun.

Some random pointers: the points you get for completing a challenge are banked the second you do it. They exist just to encourage exploring the poo poo you can do in each stage, so I wouldn't worry for a second about save-scumming to try them out. It is such a drag otherwise if you run through the entire mission every single time you want to do a different kill or opportunity.

Once you get a bit of a feel for the game, I'd also recommend turning down the sign-posting on the mission stories. Some of them can be kind of finicky, but a lot of the fun (imo) is based on exploring and finding poo poo on your own instead of having it hold your hand through a bunch of scripted kills.

Don't worry about doing perfect runs every time, either. The challenges are the only thing that counts toward unlocks - your score at the end of the mission is just for arbitrary leaderboards. It is way more fun salvaging a mission when it goes sideways instead of reloading every time to get it perfect.

Thanks for the pointers. I actually played the first one when it came out, but never got around to 2 or 3. Wanted something to play on the PS5, and I can play all the campaigns in the new game’s engine.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It tastes so white trash but it’s good

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1447355563759882242?s=21

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Ooh, Mississippi pot roast? That’s the first meal I cooked for the Dr. GF

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I don’t think she was especially impressed, but I like it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

General Dog posted:

Ooh, Mississippi pot roast? That’s the first meal I cooked for the Dr. GF

For how easy it is and the taste….I mean….

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I put the meat on top of a few small potatoes in the instant pot. They soak in all the assorted juices and flavors and make for a pretty good side.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Sounds interesting at least. It's getting really warm here now so I've been making lots of salads.

What's y'all favourite salads.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I wish I had more confidence in my Instant Pot's ability to slow cook. The heat only coming from the bottom weirds me out, so I haven't yet been able to ditch my slow cooker.

BlindSite posted:

I'm basic as hell. Just gimme a decent Caesar salad with some blackened chicken.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Sounds interesting at least. It's getting really warm here now so I've been making lots of salads.

Spinach Cobb. You can leave off the chicken since it's got spinach, bacon and blue cheese, so there's a decent amount of protein already. Or include the chicken. I would get it at a restaurant I worked and the salads were loving huge there so the chicken seemed like extra.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I like a big chef salad with turkey, ham, bacon, boiled eggs and lots of veg. I usually do a honey mustard dressing on that type of salad. But if I'm doing full convenience food, the Josie's Organics Mediterranean Crunch salad from Costco is drat delicious. Even my kid who doesn't really like salad likes that one.

I actually like spring rolls as a salad adjacent food. They're pretty easy to make, have salad components inside, and don't require cooking.

I think my formula for a good salad is: At least 2 types of greens, 1-2 protein components, 2-4 fruits/veg that are different colors, 1 crunch element.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 11, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Make whatever salad you want, but don't order chef salads at restaurants if they don't explicitly list the ingredients, because their origin is just "ingredients the chef think are good to sell today but won't be tomorrow, plus lettuce."

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Skwirl posted:

Make whatever salad you want, but don't order chef salads at restaurants if they don't explicitly list the ingredients, because their origin is just "ingredients the chef think are good to sell today but won't be tomorrow, plus lettuce."

Yeah, maybe but I've never seen a chef salad anywhere that wasn't ham/turkey/chicken, bacon, eggs, cucumbers, tomato, cheese.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BlindSite posted:

My go-to:

Mixed greens, edamame, cashews, carrots, red and green bell peppers, cabbage, green onions, red pepper flakes, Asian sesame dressing.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Toaster Beef posted:

I wish I had more confidence in my Instant Pot's ability to slow cook. The heat only coming from the bottom weirds me out, so I haven't yet been able to ditch my slow cooker.

from how that looks and sounds an Instant Pot is basically a rice cooker with different branding. If I knew how to rig ours up to do low and slow stuff like that....I'd have to buy a second one, because there's no chance the wife would let me monopolize one rice cooker with that sort of experiment :v:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’m a big sucker for a Caesar salad with a hard boiled egg.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

I think my formula for a good salad is: At least 2 types of greens, 1-2 protein components, 2-4 fruits/veg that are different colors, 1 crunch element.

I tend to follow something similar last week I made a big batch of mixed greens, iceberg, rocket, walnuts, pear and yellow bell pepper and a bunch of ham I had left over from pizzas.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

taco salad that you overload with meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Caesar salad, but the dressing has to be made with anchovies. In a pinch, with diced anchovies mixed in.

Publix has a Southern Salad made with chopped up chicken tenders, diced green apples, raisins, and candied pecans and its delightful.