Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

what is this from

Hanna Barbera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/snlhostsintro/status/1446252923898327152?s=20

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

i'm watching billions right now and i want to put every rich person in it into a woodchipper like in fargo
every quip and monologue just makes me push their feet into it a bit harder

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

love da earth tones, let's go da earth tones dats how youse know its real fantasy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1446838896499720195?s=20

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

lmao

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Johnny_Marr/status/1447220997208297477?s=20

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

unban him

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/RealChalamet/status/1447284476124487682

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they’re making another Wonka movie already? that’s a weird decision

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

maybe it is because the colors don't pop, but this just looks like a twink bill the butcher

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
you've fitted your wonkavision suit in the desert fashion

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

as a braid tugging, skirt smoothing, and crossing arms under breasts connoisseur I’m so pumped for WoT

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Maed posted:

as a braid tugging, skirt smoothing, and crossing arms under breasts connoisseur I’m so pumped for WoT

i feel like i have to watch the pilot

i gave the shannara mtv series the same courtesy but that was way way more teen-drama oriented than even what this will be. it sucked so bad

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

indigi posted:

they’re making another Wonka movie already? that’s a weird decision

16 years inbetween actually feels quite reserved in modern terms

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Judakel posted:

maybe it is because the colors don't pop, but this just looks like a twink bill the butcher

https://twitter.com/ktmob_/status/1447290603088367621?s=21

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

tempted to say that the only aspect of any Willy-Wonka-related media with enduring appeal is Gene Wilder's sublime performance, which they can't bring back

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wilder was a treasure. my dad loved him, probably his favorite actor

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

josh04 posted:

tempted to say that the only aspect of any Willy-Wonka-related media with enduring appeal is Gene Wilder's sublime performance, which they can't bring back

Totally agree, but want to find that that thing keeping you from stating it.

Is it the possibility of there being somebody else who can capture that same feeling?
or that the rest of the cast was pretty good too?
Or that it was time and place that pushed that flick up?
Or nostalgia with a flavoured sugar brand

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the original wasn’t even good, it was just a movie with kids about candy so we watched it

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

josh04 posted:

actually ill have you know johnny depps pedorific turn as willy wonka is far more faithful to the original book something everyone already knows which definitely isnt outing me as someone who reads childrens books in a creepy way

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

actually Wonka was the owner’s name

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Maed posted:

Do you also glide across the room

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

i say swears online posted:

wilder was a treasure. my dad loved him, probably his favorite actor

My best friends parents had a table with small photos of him and his sister and a giant signed photo of gene wilder in between them

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

indigi posted:

the original wasn’t even good, it was just a movie with kids about candy so we watched it

awful posting today

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

indigi posted:

wrong, it owned since it had rich spoiled 1 percenter and bourgeoise kids getting punished in hilarious ways.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I came across this boardgame tonight

Everything in Late Capital is about this financialization/ Start up culture poo poo, like you can't just have a game where your trying to make an airline, you have to make one with the goal of selling it off to a bigger company

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

indigi posted:

Sorry about your busted rear end brain

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

KomradeX posted:

I came across this boardgame tonight

Everything in Late Capital is about this financialization/ Start up culture poo poo, like you can't just have a game where your trying to make an airline, you have to make one with the goal of selling it off to a bigger company

nice discord notificatiuons bitch. six things in your shopping cart much??????? uncharged battery u piece of poo poo???

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Good soup! posted:

Sorry about your busted rear end brain

haha the orange dwarfs are singing! this is good show :)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oh no…. the kid liking candy may be punished of it… oh dear

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

lol sorry about your brain

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

literally anything can sound fuckin dumb if you just break it down to the most fundamental levels

Wonka isn't super high art or anything but there is clearly just a bit more going on under than hood than "haha funny man make chocolate and sing"

Case of the bad brains :(

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Good soup! posted:

Wonka isn't super high art or anything

good job

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

don’t get me wrong Willy Wonka is high art it’s just not super high art. but it should be in the louvre

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Idk what you're trying to do at this point, sorry

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

indigi posted:

don’t get me wrong Willy Wonka is high art it’s just not super high art. but it should be in the louvre

what no vax does to a mfer

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

the movie is fine, tho its true its only remembered fondly thanks to wilder. charlie was a weepy lil bitch lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

the movie is fine, tho its true its only remembered fondly thanks to wilder. charlie was a weepy lil bitch lol

yah it’s fine. Wilder is great in it but he unfortunately has to share the movie with a bunch of untalented child actors