Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Furnaceface posted:

Instead of inciting violence you can enjoy this fun band from BC instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDfk6KWAftc

Mother Mother is great but their last album sucks. Sick of the Silence is the only good song on it. I lost the CD somehow and I’m not too upset about it. Dance and Cry and No Culture were way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Otacon doesn't deseve that! If anything, that should be Huey!

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Does anyone know if episode 13 of Violet Evergarden on Netflix is the extended version or will I need to look elsewhere for that?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Otacon doesn't deseve that! If anything, that should be Huey!
Oh come on I don't deflect blame from myself

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Stupid Sexy Roshi

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Is Claymore any good? Ive had it on my watch list for a while now but never really feel in the mood for a grim fantasy show. Since I start holidays today I was thinking of knocking a few titles off the list.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

my only memories of claymore are reading it in shonen jump as a kid before it got shunted off to volumes only

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Furnaceface posted:

Is Claymore any good? Ive had it on my watch list for a while now but never really feel in the mood for a grim fantasy show. Since I start holidays today I was thinking of knocking a few titles off the list.

I thought the manga was pretty good once I got used to the art style. The pacing was really weird though and sometimes managed to feel rushed and slow at the same time.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

the anime opted for an original ending, which i found fine considering it wasn't until post-anime material that i really started having issues with the series. granted this is based on memories almost as old as the show itself, but the worst i could say is it wasn't amazingly animated

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lupin Part 6 has officially begun. Kiyoshi Kobayashi's last time performing as Jigen was equal parts badass and sentimental, a good sendoff to someone who's played a role for as long as the show has existed. Looking forward to seeing how Akio Ohtsuka takes over starting next time.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Larryb posted:

Lupin Part 6 has officially begun. Kiyoshi Kobayashi's last time performing as Jigen was equal parts badass and sentimental, a good sendoff to someone who's played a role for as long as the show has existed. Looking forward to seeing how Akio Ohtsuka takes over starting next time.
Oozora Subaru also has a voiceacting role in this series!

SHUBA SHUBA SHUBA :gerard:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Walking through Target and seeing Demon Slayer manga and Gundam model kits is sure a trip.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Furnaceface posted:

The manga is a decent enough shounen action affair. It's not going to set the world on fire but it was fun enough to read it as it went along (also despite some misteps in its endgame it wound up ending satisfactorily enough which is more than I can say about a lot of shounen honestly).

The anime is a fine adaption up until it gets into its anime original content and then it's very bad.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Furnaceface posted:

The OP and ED loving slaps

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Goddamn. The Rascal Senpai movie does not gently caress around :cry:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah it's a really good send off for Rascal.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB2HUC22aHo
Never wake doog

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ah yes the gay idol show

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Violet_Sky posted:

Ah yes the gay idol show

Do you have the slightest idea how little that narrows it down?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
locodol

it goes extra harder than some

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Lesson of the day: Never collab PicoPark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BchLXnBi_MI

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Mieruko-chan anime disappointing. Felt it was leaning more into the horror element which is weird step away from the manga. And the sexualization of the girls is loving awful. None of that poo poo was in the manga. Everything else worked well enough, which is dragged down by those elements. Gonna watch to episode 2 and pray it pulls up once actual manga plot elements come in (not expecting it to)

Irina Vampire Cosmonaut sold me on its premise and it was a good first episode. Gonna follow this one this season. Heard the light novel its adapted from won a ton of rewards too, so I feel pretty good watching this one.

Baki... Baki is loving nuts dude.

Edit: Lol, just realized this was all fall season stuff. Guess this is better suited for the other thread. Soz

DelilahFlowers fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 10, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DelilahFlowers posted:

Mieruko-chan anime disappointing. Felt it was leaning more into the horror element which is weird step away from the manga. And the sexualization of the girls is loving awful. None of that poo poo was in the manga. Everything else worked well enough, which is dragged down by those elements. Gonna watch to episode 2 and pray it pulls up once actual manga plot elements come in (not expecting it to)

i would encourage you to re-read the manga

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

dogsicle posted:

i would encourage you to re-read the manga
Lmao. How did I miss all that.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i first read it idk, early this year or late last? and went through the whole process of almost dropping it because those early chapters annoyed me, growing to really enjoy the series, and then having forgotten it was there at all by the time the anime rolled around. so, it doesn't seem uncommon also accounting for other reactions to the premiere.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DelilahFlowers posted:

lol

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Yeah, rereading the first few chapters and i must have forgotten about them. Especially chapter 3. Not looking forward to the adaptation of chapter 3. Though now I know which chapter sold me on the manga, chapter 4. It was so good and hooked me in for the entire series. That and Mieruko being a wrestling mark

Mieruko-chan is awesome

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

DelilahFlowers posted:

I see you made a Grouchio mistake

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
There is a manga I want to read. I remember the premise vaguely so I'm hoping that someone will remember the name:

It was about a criminal (possibly a serial killer or something like that) and his "partner" is a woman. I don't think she was a criminal but I think she worshipped him. While they are engaged in their crime spree there is also some sort of gigantic kaiju creature that has made landfall. The 2 stories are told in parallel.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

There is a manga I want to read. I remember the premise vaguely so I'm hoping that someone will remember the name:

It was about a criminal (possibly a serial killer or something like that) and his "partner" is a woman. I don't think she was a criminal but I think she worshipped him. While they are engaged in their crime spree there is also some sort of gigantic kaiju creature that has made landfall. The 2 stories are told in parallel.

this lines up with the premise of The World Is Mine, didn't get around to picking it back up after mangadex exploded to confirm though

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Yes that is 100% the one. Thank you

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
cute ghosts doing cute things cutely

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DelilahFlowers posted:

Yeah, rereading the first few chapters and i must have forgotten about them. Especially chapter 3. Not looking forward to the adaptation of chapter 3. Though now I know which chapter sold me on the manga, chapter 4. It was so good and hooked me in for the entire series. That and Mieruko being a wrestling mark

Mieruko-chan is awesome

Started this manga today cause I didn't feel like checking the anime out. Neat stuff. I havent checked anything with yokai since the new ushio & tora show.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Zetsubou-san posted:

cute ghosts doing cute things cutely

yuri yurei

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
is Kindred Spirits on the Roof not required reading around here anymore

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
no, it's flowers: le volume sur automne now

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I hope Hiver gets localized soon....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
after curse of kudan, i'm looking forward to whatever bizarre stuff the writer does next. kudan was not necessarily one of her better scripts but hell, it was still ridiculously funny so i'm willing to check out anything she does from now on