Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

The one kid in my grade with a Genesis had a mullet and his dad was our Cub Scout leader. One time we were at his house for a scout meeting and then we went down into his astroturfed basement and we watched him beat Kid Chameleon in one sitting.

I got pulled out of scouts after that because the dad tried to convince the other dads to let him take nude pictures of us

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

scary ghost dog posted:

i brought my nintendo ds on a birthright trip and was sitting on a bench playing castlevania dawn of sorrow while the rest of my peers were tying phylacteries to their heads and wailing at the wall. our idf guard was standing next to me with her big gun watching the ds screen but not saying anything. i think she was jealous

lmaoing at all the posts especially this one

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
This wasn’t 9/11, but in 2003 I was playing the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942 one day and someone in the chat said “Turn on CNN it’s happening for real!” So I turned the TV on and watched the bombing of Baghdad live lol

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

Julius CSAR posted:

This wasn’t 9/11, but in 2003 I was playing the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942 one day and someone in the chat said “Turn on CNN it’s happening for real!” So I turned the TV on and watched the bombing of Baghdad live lol

That's epic lol

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

The one kid in my grade with a Genesis had a mullet and his dad was our Cub Scout leader. One time we were at his house for a scout meeting and then we went down into his astroturfed basement and we watched him beat Kid Chameleon in one sitting.

I got pulled out of scouts after that because the dad tried to convince the other dads to let him take nude pictures of us

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lolll, drat

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If you still believe a plane hit the pentagon you've definitely played Horizon Zero Dawn to 100% completion.

lol

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

But for me, it was Tuesday.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think I mentioned this story before, but back when the DC snipers stuff was happening our teacher was explaining it to us and all the students were silent until someone near the back turned on their GBA and the startup sound came on at max volume

lol

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

In college I brought my laptop to class to "take notes" aka play emulated games. In film class I forgot to turn off the sound when I loaded up Tetris Attack and the sound effect of Yoshi saying "Nintendo" blared extremely loudly through the classroom

lmfao

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The World Trade Center has just been attacked no matter what tower you’re in!

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If you still believe a plane hit the pentagon you've definitely played Horizon Zero Dawn to 100% completion.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think I mentioned this story before, but back when the DC snipers stuff was happening our teacher was explaining it to us and all the students were silent until someone near the back turned on their GBA and the startup sound came on at max volume

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

In college I brought my laptop to class to "take notes" aka play emulated games. In film class I forgot to turn off the sound when I loaded up Tetris Attack and the sound effect of Yoshi saying "Nintendo" blared extremely loudly through the classroom

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

scary ghost dog posted:

i brought my nintendo ds on a birthright trip and was sitting on a bench playing castlevania dawn of sorrow while the rest of my peers were tying phylacteries to their heads and wailing at the wall. our idf guard was standing next to me with her big gun watching the ds screen but not saying anything. i think she was jealous

what the gently caress lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

My Jewish friend got radicalized by LF and Cum town in high school so now he talks about BirthWrong all the time like a big douchebag but I kinda wish I had done it. Idk if I’m Jewish enough though.

lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Julius CSAR posted:

lol

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

https://twitter.com/deesnider/status/1444490777028018177

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

twisted resistor

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

We’re not gonna play it
No, we ain’t play it
We’re not gonna play it anymore

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

We’re not gonna play it
No, we ain’t play it

lmfao

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

We’re not gonna play it
No, we ain’t play it

i googled twisted sister songs because i couldnt name a single other tune and they have one called 'be chrool to your scuel' which must be a dig at the beach boys lol wtf. gently caress dee snider he can lick my sweaty gamer nuts and sniff my loving secret lab chair

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

i googled twisted sister songs because i couldnt name a single other tune and they have one called 'be chrool to your scuel' which must be a dig at the beach boys lol wtf. gently caress dee snider he can lick my sweaty gamer nuts and sniff my loving secret lab chair

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My mom grew up in Queens and she used to see Twisted Sister at local clubs before they got big. Have a great weekend everyone

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My mom grew up in Queens and she used to see Twisted Sister at local clubs before they got big. Have a great weekend everyone

Our moms could probably kick all their asses

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

Our moms could probably kick all their asses

:hai:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Hes got gamer initials (DS) and yet he'd rather play in the little leagues opening up at county faires and going on the Nicki Sixxx 7 pm radio show to talk about how he thinks his poo poo rear end band is inspired by black sabbath. Suck my loving dick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Bowser says Twisted Sister (10 hours)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

He comes up to the Hudson valley a lot and does charity events and poo poo around here. At least he used to I don’t think anybody cares about his celebrity anymore lol.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
A lot of hate being thrown at Mr Snyder, but I think if someone politely explained Nintendo Switch Online and its convenient save states and rewind for NES classics, we’d twist his opinion and bring a powerful influential gamer back into the fold.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Deez Snider

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I remember hearing him tell this story on G4 in 2002

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

We’re not gonna play it
No, we ain’t play it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The Sega Kid of my group was named James and got stoked when his mom salted his sliced cucumber (his snack from home).

"Ooh, she salted em." - James

Lmfqo

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
dee snider was the morning show host on my local alt rock station until they dumped him to pick up "bubba the love sponge" who was a downgrade in every way possible (except maybe he beat nes zelda, idk)

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Plank Walker posted:

dee snider was the morning show host on my local alt rock station until they dumped him to pick up "bubba the love sponge" who was a downgrade in every way possible (except maybe he beat nes zelda, idk)

rip radio 104 modern rock

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i think twisted sisters music video was featured in "the navigator" as an example of how different things were after the kid was transported to the future. that might be the only context i've heard them in. might be thinking of a different song though.

That Little Demon posted:

I went Adventurevision > APF-*1000/IM > Apple II > Arcadia 2001 > Astrocade > Atari 2600 > Atari 5200 > Atari 8-bit > BBC Micro > Cassette Vision > Channel F > Colecovision > CreatiVision > EACA Colour Genie 2000 > Intellivision > Interton VC4000 > Mattel Aquarius > Microvision >My Vision > NEC PC88 > Odyssey^2 >RCA Studio II > SG-1000 > Sord M5 >Tandy Color Computer > TI-99/4A > Tomy Tutor > TV Boy > Vectrex > VIC-20 > Amstrad CPC > Atari 7800 > Atari ST > BBS Door > Casio PV-1000 > Commodore 64 > Famicom Disk System > FM-7 > MSX > NEC PC98 > NES > Oric 1/Atmos > Sega Master System ?> Sharp X1 > Sinclair ZX81/Spectrum > Super Cassette Vision > Acorn Archimedes > Amiga > CD-I > Game Boy > GameGear > Genesis > HyperScan > LaserActive > Lynx > Neo Geo > Neo Geo CD > OS/2 > Sega 32X > Sega CD > Sega Pico > Sharp X68000 > Super Nintendo > SuperVision > Turbo CD > TurboGrafx-16 > 3DO > Amiga CD32 > Bandai Pippin > Casio Loopy > CPS Changer > FM Towns > Game Boy Color > Game.com > Jaguar > Jaguar CD > Nintendo 64 > Nintendo 64DD > Palm OS Classic > PasoGo > PC-FX > Playdia > PlayStation > Saturn > Virtual Boy > WonderSwan > Beena >Dreamcast > DVD Player > e-Reader > Game Boy Advance > GameCube > Gizmondo >GP32 > N-Gage > Neo Geo Pocket > Neo Geo Pocket Color > Nuon > PlayStation 2 > Pokemon Mini > WonderSwan Color >Xbox >Zodiac > BlackBerry > DS > Flash > Mobile > Palm webOS > PlayStation 3 > PSP > Wii > Xbox 360 > Zeebo > 3DS > Amazon Fire TV > Oculus Go > Ouya > PlayStation 4 >PlayStation Vita >Wii U > Windows Mobile > Xbox One > Android > Arcade Games > Dedicated Console > Evercade > iOS (iPhone/iPad) > Linux > Macintosh >Nintendo Switch > Oculus Quest > Online/Browser > PC > PlayStation 5 > Stadia >Xbox Series X
growing up

this post also works as a ranking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

b_d posted:

i think twisted sisters music video was featured in "the navigator" as an example of how different things were after the kid was transported to the future. that might be the only context i've heard them in. might be thinking of a different song though.

yeah it was definitely in there. flight of the navigator