Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mr Hootington posted:

The British empire fell apart because you became an island of lazy pigs

Ah yes, lets make children work again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

redleader posted:

i have absolutely no idea what era this could be from

2012, but it came up again because of
https://twitter.com/TeleFashion/status/1447249848634380288

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

redleader posted:

i have absolutely no idea what era this could be from

The banjolele is a dead giveaway.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pryor on Fire posted:

every post about food in this thread is just bizarre and disturbing on a visceral level, nothing is more upsetting in all of cspam

why would you deny yourself the avocado my god stop it

you do know its one lovely London restaurant and not like something official that means no one in the UK can have avocado right?

Well I guess brexit is that in a round about way but that doesn't count

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

13 century book on improving serf productivity (surprise: it’s all variation of whips)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

i say swears online posted:

the plague did so much good for society

Bring it back!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pryor on Fire posted:

every post about food in this thread is just bizarre and disturbing on a visceral level, nothing is more upsetting in all of cspam

[walking into an indian restaurant] you mean no one in this country eats chinese food????

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

i hope the disappearance of the suit and evaporating gender norms means men's fashion becomes less loving boring.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Zoot Suit Riot

I missed "Row" at first and thought these guys wanted to exculpate Jimmy Savile (though I see nothing to indicate they don't)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

roomtone posted:

i hope the disappearance of the suit and evaporating gender norms means men's fashion becomes less loving boring.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Boris got Trump's rear end in a top hat charisma, Keir got the rambling non sequiturs

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

this is the perfect time for a trailblazing fusion restaurant that blends foreign cuisine with jellied eels

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

the plague did so much good for society

Literally the best time to be a worker in Europe since... Neolithic times? But fortunately we got the Renaissance to end that unproductive age and rationalize the economy and society

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

As someone cursed with british bog water flowing in my veins but who sensibly left over a decade ago, every time i open this thread I go 'no there's no way it can be that bad' then 0.1 seconds later someone posts literally any content from any british media outlet and i instinctively think 'well it could be much worse' and i can't live in this duality for much longer

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Pryor on Fire posted:

Under our current economic system, being pro-avocado is being pro-genocide.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

tote up a bags posted:

As someone cursed with british bog water flowing in my veins but who sensibly left over a decade ago, every time i open this thread I go 'no there's no way it can be that bad' then 0.1 seconds later someone posts literally any content from any british media outlet and i instinctively think 'well it could be much worse' and i can't live in this duality for much longer

you wont have to!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

How could the queen have let this happen

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Need a player for the British Commonwealth in my space race game, so I'm posting here.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3980882

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

you wont have to!

oh thank god

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

roomtone posted:

Men's fashion being boring rules though

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

there's a high-end suit brand in nigeria called wisemen and i really enjoy their louder stuff

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Avocado is overrated or we just get poo poo ones

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jose posted:

gonna go out on a limb here,

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The ones I had in Miami weren't that different

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Boris got Trump's rear end in a top hat charisma, Keir got the rambling non sequiturs

very Bidenesque

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

there's a high-end suit brand in nigeria called wisemen and i really enjoy their louder stuff

Standard colours for a Nigerian wedding, from experience

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

endlessmonotony posted:

The banjolele is a dead giveaway.

The banjolele guy is Mr B The Gentleman Rhymer, a "chap-hop" artist who takes seminal hip-hop songs and ironically gentrifies them, and it's as utterly wank it sounds.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

The UK could be this world's leading example and not sell any avocado because production is bad for the eco system.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Captain Splendid posted:

Standard colours for a Nigerian wedding, from experience
nigerian wedding cloth is such a cool tradition and makes the best group photos. I've got 3 or 4 sets of clothing from events with aso ebi

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

The banjolele guy is Mr B The Gentleman Rhymer, a "chap-hop" artist who takes seminal hip-hop songs and ironically gentrifies them, and it's as utterly wank it sounds.

coming around to the idea of letting people run over protesters

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

nigerian wedding cloth is such a cool tradition and makes the best group photos. I've got 3 or 4 sets of clothing from events with aso ebi

I got the "bottle green with gold" dress code and almost bought a shirt in the colour before I realised it only applied to those coming in traditional dress

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my best looking shirt is in sky blue and mahogany

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I think Michael Gove is a chap-hop fan. Creepy

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
banjolelene, banjolelene, banjolelene, banjolelene, please don't take him just because you can

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Jose posted:

You get the poo poo ones
I love avocados in Australia but whenever I visit home in the UK they are unfailingly poo poo.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Tahirovic posted:

The UK could be this world's leading example and not sell any avocado because production is bad for the eco system.

If you couldn't buy avocado in the UK, all the millenials and gen-z would be able to afford to buy mansions with the savings they'd make.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

tote up a bags posted:

I just read an article that said the life expectancy gap between poor british men and rich british men is now a decade.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I actually had avocado toast for the first time the other day, it was bangin but mainly coz of everything except the avocado

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I just read an article that said the life expectancy gap between poor british men and rich british men is now a decade.

It's really quite impressive how well they keep these figures quiet. "Average healthy life expectancy" in Glasgow City for men is under 55. 55 and you're expected to be decrepit. Meanwhile go 6 stops & 20 minutes north from the City centre and you are in East Dunbartonshire with an "average healthy life expectancy" for men of almost 70.

That the horrendous and verifiable impact of poverty and inequality doesn't lead to anything is a real credit to the media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
iirc at the time of the eu referendum the UK had both the most wealthy region in the EU and something like eight of the ten most deprived.