Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Luckily sports games still do it for "authenticity"
The tolerance for bullshit people who play sports games have never fails to amaze me. Microtransactions, lootboxes, and incessant advertising in full-price retail games? No problem!

Then again, I guess it goes along with tolerating the IOC, NCAA, and FIFA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

calmer than you are

https://twitter.com/hypervisible/status/1447378063822671872

calmer than you are

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if only there was any other way to know how calm or stressed out you were

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hey rich VC guy im going to invent a wearable that's a belt that also has a probe you put in your belly button or something and it uses an AI (artificial intelligence) to tell you if you're hungry, can you give me 10 million dollars

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Chamale posted:

Reminds me of soldiers snorting cocaine mixed with gunpowder. I doubt the platinum does anything pharmaceutical (maybe it kills some brain cells), but it adds to the mystique of snorting some crushed pills.

In the Canadian Artillery, there's a tradition to drink Gunner's Punch, which has either black powder or propellant in it. It's not a big deal, just tradition and a rite of passage.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

In the Canadian Artillery, there's a tradition to drink Gunner's Punch, which has either black powder or propellant in it. It's not a big deal, just tradition and a rite of passage.
There's a bar in Seattle that serves Gunpowder Punch. I wasn't aware of the Canadian tradition, but it's really not bad, if quite gimmicky. Has a bit of a kick to it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

lmao

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
just sad that like that one microsoft bot, she will turn into Hard-R-ita

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasteading

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Yeah I can remember the first time they adding advertising to the web, and the first time they added it to AOL, and the first time they added it to Prodigy. I spent a long time on all of those before any advertising existed.

They were all changed after the fact to graft advertising on top, I remember getting mad and posting about it on some chat room at the time. The web is particularly bad, the corporations just took over the standards board and reengineered the protocols and browsers to allow them to do whatever the gently caress they wanted no matter how harmful it is to the end user.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Justin Tyme posted:

I remember Battlefield 2142 had a controversy over in-game billboards that companies could lease, surprised that never took off tbh

Planetside 1 had in-game billboards in the sanctuary with US Army ads on heavy rotation

people figured out real fast that you could block the ads by messing with your hosts file.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Griz posted:

Planetside 1 had in-game billboards in the sanctuary with US Army ads on heavy rotation

people figured out real fast that you could block the ads by messing with your hosts file.

hmm yes, I’m respawning for the 5th time in an hour, the military will work out great for me

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

"try to not think of a white bear! try to not think of a white bear!" the AI in my Brain-Band relentlessly repeats to me. I grit my teeth; bright red blood trickles from between my lips as I shiver and shake.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i played with one of these in a science museum as a young childe tens of years ago. whatever it measured made a ball move, and if you thought the right thoughts the ball wouldnt move. that balls name? AI

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i played with one of these in a science museum as a young childe tens of years ago. whatever it measured made a ball move, and if you thought the right thoughts the ball wouldnt move. that balls name? AI

[Cyberpunk Dystopia] AI moved my balls

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/elisethoma5/status/1446798730263339013

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Looks like it works perfectly to me.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

who the gently caress still calls them greengrocers

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Trabisnikof posted:

who the gently caress still calls them greengrocers

creepy misogynist robots do, apparently?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

she has integrated the goal of getting rid of customers with maximum efficiency. good job rita!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
gonna meet my future GF at the dry goods store down at Dutchman's Mesa.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I've heard of e-thots but this is ridiculous!!!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EghMCc6ftoA

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

"Mary had a little lamb
Little lamb little lamb
Mary had a little lamb
Whose fleece was white as snow."
– Assassins' Redoubt, final transmission

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

30.5 Days posted:

I was just playing the original alan wake (the remaster reminded me I still hadn't played it) and there are verizon adds every 100 yards during the driving sections and a video verizon ad on a tv in the rehab center instead of a twilight zone thinger.

BETTER STOCK UP ON DURACELL BATTERIES FOR YOUR FLASHLIGHT!!!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I worked on a game that used a flip phone as the "mission log" thing, which we did originally because of a promotion with amp'd mobile, but then we ended up having to rip out all the branding because amp'd mobile no longer existed by the time the game released

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Nastier Nate posted:

BETTER STOCK UP ON DURACELL BATTERIES FOR YOUR FLASHLIGHT!!!

I have a hand cranked fleshlight.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Inceltown posted:

How much did it cost you

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Inceltown posted:

isn't that just a hand

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Milo and POTUS posted:

How much did it cost you

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Milo and POTUS posted:

How much did it cost you

Less than an arm and a leg, I hope.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/Ghost_Robotics/status/1447699250570203137?s=20

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

[Cyberpunk Dystopia] @USSOCOM #defense #defence #NationalSecurity #drone #robotics

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

Wasn't there a french gunner who got heavy metal poisoning after drinking wine from an artillery piece?

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Shear Modulus posted:

[Cyberpunk Dystopia] @USSOCOM #defense #defence #NationalSecurity #drone #robotics

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
What is Lethality 6.5? I feel like lethal should be a boolean not a scale

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

more falafel please posted:

I worked on a game that used a flip phone as the "mission log" thing, which we did originally because of a promotion with amp'd mobile, but then we ended up having to rip out all the branding because amp'd mobile no longer existed by the time the game released

should have left it all in what would they do sue you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

camoseven posted:

What is Lethality 6.5? I feel like lethal should be a boolean not a scale

6.5 is the reference to caliber it fires, 6.5mm Creedmoor. A high ballistic coefficient bullet that has a slower drop over distance, flatter trajectory overall compared to 7.62 nato. Frequently used in long range precision competitions and gradually taking over the police/mil marksmen/snipers units.

It's a great round if you want to shoot steel plates a kilometer away.