Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Boat Stuck posted:

when's the inevitable Raiden rerun? Maybe I'll horde primos until that

Not for at least eight Childes. This is the new standard measurement of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

real answer is 'probably not until late 2.X or into 3.X' but hey who knows :v:

Meanwhile I just want to know if Itto is in 2.3 or not so I can decide whether to pull for polar or keep saving

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Sanctum posted:

So Hu Tao is really as good as people make her to be?
She is extremely strong and has carried me through almost every abyss and challenge the game has put up so far. Even at c0, less than optimal artie combo, 2 mille 2 troupe, and the bp spear I can do under 1:30 times in abyss with only XQ as her teammate and he really the only thing she actually needs.

Her playstyle revolves around both stamina and HP management, her hp will naturally tend to sit between 30%/40% of her max something that can easily induce people to panic and charged attack spam is not for everyone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i want C2 yanfei so ill build pity on childe's banner for hu tao, aka 'get spooked by childe'

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

x1o posted:

I need to stop wandering around then and actually finish the Archon quests

:same:

I just got back after not playing since the launch month and was kept from the Moonchase event until I cleared the second half of the Morax storyline.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Whew, finished all the Moonchase stuff with time to spare. Aside from the tedious treasure hunting part (which is somewhat my fault for procrastinating as well as doing part of Dragonspine without a map), the content was all pretty chill and enjoyable. The story was about as charming as Klee's summer vacation, if not more. I really appreciated how they gave you updrafts and rings for the challenge fights. I'm a little bummed that I did the survey before being able to give feedback about it.

Considering it was a minor event, it sets a pretty high bar for future ones, hell even major ones. And if we ever get a repeat of Lantern Rite, then hoo boy.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Crowns are like Megaelixers. How many you have when you beat the game is your measure of worth.

:hai:

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
So apparently there is a powered up version of masanori fight. Was this always a thing or they added it recently?

https://i.imgur.com/RgfMCfc.mp4

He felt way tankier and had some serious passive healing but after fighting him again he was back to normal. Not sure how I triggered it to be honest.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

AParadox posted:

So apparently there is a powered up version of masanori fight. Was this always a thing or they added it recently?

https://i.imgur.com/RgfMCfc.mp4

He felt way tankier and had some serious passive healing but after fighting him again he was back to normal. Not sure how I triggered it to be honest.

I haven't seen that dialogue come from him normally, so it might just be a random chance he's like that. (Also, you should burst immediately after the first Xingqiu E, you're wasting energy!)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

That happens between 12AM and 4AM

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

I haven't seen that dialogue come from him normally, so it might just be a random chance he's like that. (Also, you should burst immediately after the first Xingqiu E, you're wasting energy!)

Yeah, I usually do but I didn't have enough energy after the first E.

That's actually neat! Now I have to try every comp vs him. The strange thing is the fight immediately after was a normal one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1447502238637719555
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1447503491447107589

double geo banner for 2.3

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sweet, more ning supports

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:eyepop:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

wow 3 dudes in a row

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rerun albedo in 2.3 so it can be the most dude and geo centric patch in the history of the game

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Uhh pls be the second banner of the patch and not the first one. I really don't want to skip on hu tao c1.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually come to think of it is geo is a really dude centric element, isn't it? its the only one without a female 5* (tho razor is the only male electro unit in the game so guess thats still the most imbalanced one)

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

Ugh, this banner...

I have Chongyun and Ningguang at C6 and Yanfei at C5, and no Childe. I actually use Yanfei an awful lot as my primary Pyro DPS because I like her, and C6 on her would be great, and having Childe unlocked would also be nice, but I'm also looking at Hu Tao/Thoma and thinking l would be making a mistake rolling this banner. Not sure what to dooo.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

rofl, my welkin moon ran out. I have 38k primos. I was ready to go f2p (waiting for yae) but if itto's good I'm rolling again. I hope he's busted. strong geo claymore + zhongli is gonna be really fun. hopefully his kit is good. gonna buy a few more months of welkin. drat YOU MHY! lol. (tbh as much as I bitch and whine 5$ a month is nothing compared to how much I enjoy this game)

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

nice tattooed-on suspenders itto

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sweet, more time for saving up~

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I
Hope ittos signature weapon is a club or axe. Get some variety.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Patch notes posted:

2. Optimizes the experience of the "Rules of Safe Transportation" and "Safe Conduct" commission quests in the Inazuma area, and increased the HP and Movement SPD of the hot air balloon.

:monocle:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Paving for the teapot? Finally!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I
Hope ittos signature weapon is a club or axe. Get some variety.
He's claymore. The 5* weapon he's holding in his art is a club though, like how the debate club is counted as a claymore.

Feel like axes would be an entirely separate weapon type.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Count me as one of the few happy with the Childe banner. I would like Yanfei or Ning cons and Ayaka's banner refused to give me anything other than Chongyun.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Itto's club also may just be related to his skill or burst, since there isn't a similar weapon in the existing datamines at least

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ah, this must be what Xiao fans feel like. Itto looks really cool.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
itto's cool! Oh, geo. That's unfortunate.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Itto looks cool. If he's a hard geo carry I might pull.

https://twitter.com/Zeniiet/status/1447514029316919297?s=20

loling tha geo is the boys boys boys element

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 11, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh hey I just realized! Add Itto and Gorou to the list of characters that don't define their fashion sense around which element they control.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think what they may be doing is slapping a new support for the banners 5* so that if people line up their pitty's they will still have to go for extra pulls for the 4*. Pretty devious.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I think what they may be doing is slapping a new support for the banners 5* so that if people line up their pitty's they will still have to go for extra pulls for the 4*. Pretty devious.
That would be great, but it seems more likely that Gorou will be on the rerun banner.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Gorou and Itto sharing a banner would be too good to be true, so bring it on mhy

Kale
May 14, 2010

The fujoshi have their new champions, particularly Itto. :stare: He's going to be voiced by Satoshi Hino, Kaito Ishikawa, Koki Uchiyama or one of those usual suspects for sure. Geo element also seems to be getting most of the handsome men between Zhong, Albedo and now these guys so I'm kind of wondering if that's going to be a long term theme. I've also heard murmurs from the usual leak suspects that the gender balance of the game is supposed to even out a fair bit from here on, which yeah at this point Inazuma in particular really could use some more male character representation than just Kazuha. I just had this flippant thought as well, that though it hasn't been discussed in game as such and I'm sure there isn't any intention to give that impression, Inazuma kind of comes across as a matriarchal society with those in a position of power and 5 straight banners of all female characters after being introduced. All the key characters introduced so far from the Archon of the region, to the army generals, to those in positions of political or religious influence like Ayaka and Yae are women.

dogsicle posted:

Itto's club also may just be related to his skill or burst, since there isn't a similar weapon in the existing datamines at least

Maybe he'll have a signature claymore like the Debate Club only actually good and 5 star weapon. I don't see why they couldn't model another Claymore weapon to look like a giant gently caress off delinquent Ogre club. The unwanted unworthy rival thing with Sara is pretty funny though since while the story will treat it that way I can't help but imagine that mechanically Itto will be better and easier to play.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Itto looks cool. If he's a hard geo carry I might pull.

https://twitter.com/Zeniiet/status/1447514029316919297?s=20

loling tha geo is the boys boys boys element

Les Boys. One thing I'm also suddenly starting to notice is just how many characters wear some form of eye shadow. I never noticed on Yoimiya before last night. Zhongli and Xiao I've definitely noticed it the most of any character so far.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 11, 2021

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

No Wave posted:

Cool for any later joiners.

gently caress, I finally just dumped all my sigils into mora since there was nothing left to spend them on.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Boogalo posted:

gently caress, I finally just dumped all my sigils into mora since there was nothing left to spend them on.
I have to imagine it will sell for mora or something. I know it's Marjorie's shop it's just such an oversight to only sell them for sigils.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Boogalo posted:

Q: Is there any way to obtain gadgets from events that I've missed? I regret missing out.

A: For Travelers who have missed out, don't worry. In Version 2.2, Travelers can use Mora to purchase the Windblume Festival Commemorative Balloon, Windsong Lyre, and Wind-Blessed Harpastum gadgets from Marjorie's store in Mondstadt~

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

wonder how the rerun banners are gonna work out here. running albedo for 2.3 means they would run ganyu on the CNY patch which sounds kinda likely. if she shows up for 2.3 then i would assume 2.4 would be a xiao re-run and then albedo is uhh, 2.5? lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just hope we're not immediately looping around to rerun Ganyu and drop two new female 5* (and a 4*?) while it's just reruns for the guys. throw in Ayato or Heizou or finally break the glass on Baizhu/some hidden dude ala Eula