Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Post the worst pizza ever in this thread: Tastes like Australia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Please pay respects to The Pizza.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Aardvark! posted:

That looks like something a dead fat Viking would be floated out of a fiord and set alight on.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

As I lay dying the Pizza Monolith will appear before me as I am ushered into the beyond by Lil' Ceaser but a baby

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Aardvark! posted:

What is the orange colour material in the crust?

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Boner M posted:

What is the orange colour material in the crust?

Arsenic trisulfide, hopefully

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

I Am Ready

Sprenk
May 8, 2005

(not fat)

Aardvark! posted:

rest in pizza

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

MrQueasy posted:

I got this Dominos ad in my email today. Not from my local, but for some reason my email is signed up for Erskine, WA? I don’t live anywhere near that.

Well to be fair, vegemite and cheese on toast is a thing, right? So swapping the toast for a pizza base isn't *that* far-fetched.
[edit]Hell if I would trust domino's to get it right though

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Aardvark! posted:

Do we have to kiss crust like how one has to kiss the pope's hand?

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Crazy Achmed posted:

Well to be fair, vegemite and cheese on toast is a thing, right? So swapping the toast for a pizza base isn't *that* far-fetched.
[edit]Hell if I would trust domino's to get it right though

To be fair, vegemite is trash. I would try it if I didn't have to pay for it, and had a good pizza closeby to replace it with.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

I'm just glad to see The Bigfoot's back!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Texas Style > St Louis Style :colbert:

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DYje57V_BY

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Sorvetes Ray in Itaituba does a stewed meat / canned dog food pizza that the local people apparently go wild for.

No evidence of cheese, sauce, toppings or anything other than the upended contents of a pressure cooker. Not even the precocious low acid bagcheese dares drip unto its surface.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

shadow puppet of a posted:

Sorvetes Ray in Itaituba does a stewed meat / canned dog food pizza that the local people apparently go wild for.

No evidence of cheese, sauce, toppings or anything other than the upended contents of a pressure cooker. Not even the precocious low acid bagcheese dares drip unto its surface.

*frowns*

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I feel like something like Indian-style butter chicken on a pizza crust would kinda work? As long as it wasn't so saucy that it turned into a gloppy mess and the crust was fairly thin, it wouldn't be too different from just eating it with naan bread.

That would be absolutely stretching the definition of a pizza though.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Sounds like it's time for Desi Pizza:

The Bay Area is certainly a wonderland of food.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Beat me to posting it, drat. The worst part is I could see it being edible - not good, but at least an edible mix of "canned pizza toppings, provide your own dough".

I have a feeling I'm wrong about that though.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus Christ

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'm imagining a giant can of the gunk they put in pizza flavored combos. truly unholy.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/RyanJayBailey/status/1447604743841488899?t=mCYeRkvrJsRe4WX5k6lMKA&s=19

Uh.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:911:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ngl, would

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

There's some good in there, but I'd rather just have a burg with sauce/mozzarella/toppings.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

No joke I had this occasionally growing up. It's oregano flavored Velveeta with tomato paste, and as such is actually pretty good. Not good for you. And not photogenic...

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

CLAM DOWN posted:

ngl, would

Same, but I doubt I’d get farther than two or three bites before giving up/dying

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I can literally taste that and I've never even had it

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

shadow puppet of a posted:

there's a place in the peoria, IL area that had a lot of rumors about "dog food cans in their dumpster" or something ages ago and thus their regular hamburger pizzas are sometimes referred to as dogfood pizza.

it's good tho.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

there's a place in the peoria, IL area that had a lot of rumors about "dog food cans in their dumpster" or something ages ago and thus their regular hamburger pizzas are sometimes referred to as dogfood pizza.

it's good tho.

Why who would ever say that

They actually are better than they look, yeah.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
man i could eat the gently caress out of one of those right about now, drat

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

There's a couple places around there that make that super flat style that's kinda like St Louis style except I actually like them, they're one of the things I miss since moving away.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Porfiriato posted:

I feel like something like Indian-style butter chicken on a pizza crust would kinda work? As long as it wasn't so saucy that it turned into a gloppy mess and the crust was fairly thin, it wouldn't be too different from just eating it with naan bread.

I have made this, both myself and my friends enjoyed it. It's definitely a gimmick pizza, so I doubt I'll make it again, but if you warm up the butter chicken a bit before adding it to the pizza, then topping with cheese, it definitely helps. As you said, being conservative with sauce is essential as well.

One gimmicky fusion pizza I really want to make again is a Korean pizza. Substitute kimchi for tomato sauce, top with mozzarella, then top with leftover bulgogi and onions. Optionally add green onions and sesame seeds once out of the oven.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Instead of our normal fertile hunting grounds, today I will be looking at rural areas of European countries. Obviously nothing like we see in Brazil but it's a change of pace in Strange Pizza Trends.

Starting with France

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Porfiriato posted:

There's a place around here that makes a lot of that kind of pizza:

Spicy chicken curry:

Palak paneer:

Korean BBQ Pizza: Marinated steak, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, with a base of specially blended Korean sauce.

Orange Chicken Pizza: Loads of Orange Chicken, mozzarella cheese with a base of our own made orange chicken sauce.

Aushak Pizza: Inspired by a popular dumpling dish from Afghanistan. Spiced ground beef (cooked with scallions), mozzarella cheese and topped with yogurt drizzle and pinch of dry mint leaves after baking. (We will not do any substitutions or omissions in this pizza).

Spicy Jerk Chicken Pizza: Loads of Jerk Chicken, mozzarella cheese with a base of our own made spicy Jamaican Jerk curry.

Spicy Peri-Peri Pizza: Chicken, Green Peppers, Onions, mozzarella cheese with a base of our own specially made spicy peri-peri sauce.

Murg Makhni Pizza: Chicken, red onions, green peppers, extra cheese with a base of medium spicy creamy curry and topped with cilantro after baking.

Spicy Thai Pizza: Chicken, basil, green peppers, red chili, flakes, extra cheese with a base of Thai sauce.

Thai Green Curry Pizza: Chicken, fresh basil, broccoli, mushrooms, and extra cheese with a base of Thai green curry. (This pizza can not be made vegetarian)

Thai Red Curry Pizza: Chicken, fresh basil, broccoli, mushrooms, and extra cheese with a base of Thai red curry. (This pizza can not be made vegetarian)

Spicy Szechuan Pizza: Chicken, green peppers, mushrooms, chili flakes and extra cheese on a fiery blended Szechuan sauce.

Palak Paneer Pizza: Indian style spinach curry topped with red onions, paneer, feta cheese and extra cheese.

Spicy Chicken Curry Pizza: Curry chicken, red onions, extra cheese with a base of spicy chicken curry and topped with cilantro after baking.

Crazy Pizza: Chicken, onions, extra cheese with a base of specially blended creamy sauce with Indian spices and herbs and topped with cilantro after baking (contains egg).

Kadhai Paneer Pizza: Paneer, red onions, green peppers, extra cheese with a base of mild creamy curry sauce, topped with cilantro after baking.

Achari Paneer Pizza: Paneer, red onions, extra cheese with a base of achari paneer curry, topped with cilantro after baking.

Chapli Kabab Pizza: Minced beef kabab, red onions, tomatoes, extra cheese with a base of garlic butter and topped with thinly sliced red onions, cilantro, and freshly squeezed lime juice after baking.

Achari Chicken Pizza: Achari chicken, red onions, extra cheese with a base of Achari chicken curry topped with cilantro after baking.

Bharta Pizza: Indian style fire-roasted eggplant curry, red onions, feta cheese, and extra cheese topped with cilantro after baking.

Dal Makhani Pizza: Indian style black lentils creamy curry, red onions and extra cheese topped with cilantro after baking.

Zereshk Pizza: Chicken cooked in exotic Persian spices, Barberries (Zereshk) and extra cheese on a base of Persian style korma.

Channa Bhatura Pizza: Chickpeas curry, red onions, extra cheese on a base of fried pizza dough, topped with finely diced red onions, cilantro and freshly squeezed lime juice after baking.

https://slicelife.com/restaurants/md/bethesda/20814/m-n-s-pizza/menu

I haven't tried it myself yet, but I gather at least some of it is supposed to be pretty good.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

How does cheese fit with curries? I've thought about trying to make one on my own but the cheese seemed like it wouldn't work so well and that's basically the central point of a pizza for me.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Aardvark! posted:

Instead of our normal fertile hunting grounds, today I will be looking at rural areas of European countries. Obviously nothing like we see in Brazil but it's a change of pace in Strange Pizza Trends.

Starting with France

Some of these look fine. Like I wouldn't choose it, but I'd take a slice if there are options.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Netherlands

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Some of these look fine. Like I wouldn't choose it, but I'd take a slice if there are options.

for sure, but also I feel that way about the Brazilian pizzas too :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Captain DIEgiene posted:

How does cheese fit with curries? I've thought about trying to make one on my own but the cheese seemed like it wouldn't work so well and that's basically the central point of a pizza for me.

Well I mean paneer is literally a kind of cheese and a staple of indian cuisine and curries, so probably quite fine. I've also made curries with other types of cheeses and it's perfectly fine. Go for it!