Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Dude's still rough around the edges for sure but I can honestly say that I've never been less than entertained by him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
That move rules and anyone in a tree of woe stays in a dumb position they can get out of for longer

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Venomous posted:

Seems like a harmless opinion tbh, unless there's something extremely problematic about Ninja Mack that I haven't heard about?

e: ah, wait, no, it's the fact that he categorically isn't one of the best in the world yet, got it https://twitter.com/NotDrDeath/status/1446998397613924352?t=Kes3-e8od9HXvQzvVmIlmA&s=19

(looks like he'll become a better Billy Brexit than Billy Brexit in time tho)

This is one of his more successful attempts. He botches a often and his matches tend to be wayyy too long for what he can do well. His match with Janela this summer is a great example, beyond the botching and getting lost it's just a boring match after awhile.

So it's very funny to say he's one of the best. He wasn't one of the ten best guys on last night's show!

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Conrad_Birdie posted:

That move rules and anyone in a tree of woe stays in a dumb position they can get out of for longer

they are both not good, i m o

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I am able to suspend my disbelief for pretty much any move as long as one aspect of it looks cool or powerful. This one cuts the mustard.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Doing some crazy flips as part of a multiman spot fest is the best use of guys like Ninja Mack. Tweets like that are basically the current version of pretty average ECW guys being used in limited protected roles and less discerning fans believing they are best in the world talent.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

to be clear, something can be bad and also rule at the same time, imo

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Procrastinator posted:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I love Ninja Mack the way I love Sabu or Jeff Hardy. Spectacular floppy carnage.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/1447277596216070145

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
there was a really good low ki ninja mack match a few weeks ago

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

When you consider how quickly Vince McMahon welcomed Hogan back into the fold, it's honestly surprising he didn't pick up a well-known racist shithead when he was hoarding indie talent in the same way a dragon in a Tolkien story hoards gold.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Hogan didn't have to work with anybody so you could avoid problems by keeping him away from everybody else.

Tessa would have to work with people and isn't a big enough deal to justify any issues.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Procrastinator posted:

the prime example of this: Goldberg

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Hogan didn't have to work with anybody so you could avoid problems by keeping him away from everybody else.

Tessa would have to work with people and isn't a big enough deal to justify any issues.

There's also whatever went down with her and the Impact title.

In terms of talent she'd be in the mix for the belts and she's not going to be happy to just float around knowing you'll never put a title on her.

You're not putting the belt on Hogan.*

*Unless the Saudis request it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IIRC she had a WWE shot and it was pulled because she didn’t kiss NXT Paul’s rear end enough or whatever. She got labeled with a poor attitude.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The comments take a turn when OP gets into a debaye with another guy and the ither guy points out Tessa is blacklisted not because shes racist but because she goes into business for herself and unreliable. They aren't saying she isn't racist but Vince doesnt give a gently caress if shes racist.

WWE keeps on a lot of lovely people but when they cut someone for lovely personality it seems they're usually right. Tessa, Teddy Hart, Ivelisse...

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Makes me wonder about Brian Cage. Dude's got everything Vince would want, and for all his faults, he can go in the ring (he reminds me of Mike Awesome in his prime, in the sense that he's a big roidy-McGoo who is at least decent in the ring). Did he ever get a look-in after he got cut from FCW?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

edogawa rando posted:

Makes me wonder about Brian Cage. Dude's got everything Vince would want, and for all his faults, he can go in the ring (he reminds me of Mike Awesome in his prime, in the sense that he's a big roidy-McGoo who is at least decent in the ring). Did he ever get a look-in after he got cut from FCW?

He’s too obvious a wellness policy violation for them to continue to prop up the image of having a wellness policy.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

He’s too obvious a wellness policy violation for them to continue to prop up the image of having a wellness policy.

he's too short and likes wrestling too much too.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

brian cage's whole thing is that he has a million wacky moves and always does them all. vince would want him to wrestle like braun strowman

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i don’t think he’s very tall

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

yeah hes like 5'10 or so

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He’s short and has attitude problem

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

*immediately pairs him with Titus to host WrestleMania*

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Also he'd need at least six more inches in height before they decided it was worth pretending such a policy was in place.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Courtesy of Cagematch, a review of Serena Deeb

"Her poo poo looks good, but has an outdated wrestling style. I'm in favor of eliminating submissions from the game...I should correct that and say it's old-rear end boring subs that are a failure of modern wrestling in creating new fans, since most people today have a basic understanding of jits. Just do it in a quicker shoot style. Instead, 'technical' wrestlers especially use subs by going through the same drat motions of putting on a hold (that makes no sense to begin with) where the defender invariably, in some drawn-out way, reaches the ropes unrealistically or escapes in a preposterous manner."

I'm not convinced that eliminating submissions is a good idea. For that matter not sure most people understand "jits" either.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
The gently caress are jits

E: Pro wrestling submissions make no actual sense, it's true. But I think it's cool if they're in an armbar for five minutes straight.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Jujitsu?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

IGgy IGsen posted:

The gently caress are jits

E: Pro wrestling submissions make no actual sense, it's true. But I think it's cool if they're in an armbar for five minutes straight.

Dope speak for jiu-jitsu.

There's a nugget of truth that submissions in wrestling are silly and clearly not real but so is pretty much everything in wrestling, from Irish whips to Tomohiro Ishii's glorious selling.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I don't want to live in a world that doesn't have Zack Sabre Jr tying people up in increasingly ridiculous ways whilst stittalking them

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
If I ever call jiu-jitsu "jits" unironically please put me to eternal sleep.

forkboy84 posted:

Dope speak for jiu-jitsu.
There's a nugget of truth that submissions in wrestling are silly and clearly not real but so is pretty much everything in wrestling, from Irish whips to Tomohiro Ishii's glorious selling.

Yes, and these bogus submissions are good imo. Most of the make-belief stuff wrestling does is good. Wrestling does this because it's good. It's way cooler to have someone sit in a submission that'd be an instant tap-out in MMA because it's a legit brutal hold if applied right but fight with it and struggle with it and somehow pull through and/or tap out after all hope is lost. It's just part of the storytelling and it's a part I don't want to do without.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

most of that review is just a difference of opinion, but the presentation of their opinion as fact, and dipping into the "This Is Why """""Casuals"""""" Don't Watch" chestnut, make it specifically a bad take, imo

"jits" is just funny

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Poo shitsu

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

https://twitter.com/LadyViceVenom/status/1447375069290897413

[x] pro-WWE tweets
[x] fan of a Premier League football team
[x] bunch of tweets about old Hell in a Cell matches etc

Only bad and disgusting and bad for business when some do it?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

https://twitter.com/LadyViceVenom/status/1447375069290897413

[x] pro-WWE tweets
[x] fan of a Premier League football team
[x] bunch of tweets about old Hell in a Cell matches etc

Only bad and disgusting and bad for business when some do it?

Lol

https://twitter.com/LadyViceVenom/status/526564870767263744?t=lEKE460pKI4F47gmd0_wMQ&s=19

Also, found when looking for that tweet: yeesh.

https://twitter.com/LadyViceVenom/status/875724700823023616?t=u3iypkVxCQArGLNBoxfNvw&s=19

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 11, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/THEVinceRusso/status/1447599305569681411

Bro.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

He's asking if the man who has spent tens of millions of dollars (hell, probably more I don't know) on a wrestling promotion is willing to put his money where his mouth is.....?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I was going to reply something to this weirdo, but then I stopped to think if I REALLY want to get into a twitter thing with some alt-right lunatic. And you know, I probably have better things to do with my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Do not interact with people posted here. I swear to loving god.