Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

Hype for this game really nose dived very quickly with the release of this beta. I wouldn't be surprised if DICE delayed BF2042 further.

I walk by a massive BF2042 video ad every single day on the way to work so I pray that the game is released on time so I don’t have to see it every again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Did anyone else in this thread get a psychotic PM from Happy Hedonist tonight or am I truly this person's forum nemesis?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Zachack posted:

You can double click to run, it speeds her up a bit.

lmao gently caress :smithicide:

And yeah I savescummed endings 2 and 3 because I figured I had two options for dealing with the emperor, so I was surprised to find they were called 2 and 3. Like you I had to google what ending 1 was!

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The Procession to Calvary is good. I love how murdering all the puzzle NPCs is an option.

There's also a secret kickstarter backer area that very much has the same tone as the rest of the game.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

TheScott2K posted:

Did anyone else in this thread get a psychotic PM from Happy Hedonist tonight or am I truly this person's forum nemesis?

I was so excited when I finally got platinum and saw my PM ding but then I quickly discovered it was solely for unhappy people in threads to call me a sassy bitch for slightly owning them with quoted replies

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TheScott2K posted:

doesn't sound like a very happy hedonist to me

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

replaying some Halo because of Infinite hype and lmao why is the dialogue so goddamn quiet in Halo 2 Anniversary. there's a part when you're fighting the heretic leader where he hides and says a bunch of lines before the fight resumes but all I hear in anniversary is a bunch of vague mumbling being drowned out by sci-fi hangar noises.

also for some reason launching the game with the anti-cheat on reboots my entire PC lmfao

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/10/11/xbox-unveils-xbox-series-x-consoles-celebrating-nickelodeon-all-star-brawl/

:eyepop:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

spongebob controller looks insanely good

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

they figured out how to make them not sell out in 5 minutes

eh, who am I kidding :negative:

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Ruffian Price posted:

they figured out how to make them not sell out in 5 minutes

eh, who am I kidding :negative:

They aren't for sale. It's a giveaway.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally a console that accurately captures spongebob.

That controller is crazy good though

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

beautiful

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The Block really does lend itself to goofy one-off consoles a lot better than whatever the PS5 is supposed to look like

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheScott2K posted:

The Block really does lend itself to goofy one-off consoles a lot better than whatever the PS5 is supposed to look like

I have my series x sitting in the entertainment center on my tv. It looks serious and respectable. I just got a PS5 last week and I've chosen to sit it upright in the space between the tv and the wall so no one has to look at it. While I appreciate their bold design choice, the thing is an eyesore.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I have my series x sitting in the entertainment center on my tv. It looks serious and respectable. I just got a PS5 last week and I've chosen to sit it upright in the space between the tv and the wall so no one has to look at it. While I appreciate their bold design choice, the thing is an eyesore.

I think the PS5 looks neat but it's definitely the product of a design process that assumed it was gonna sell no matter how it looked.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The PS5 is so loving big lmfao.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

TheScott2K posted:

I loved the PS5 design, but it's weird, the more I look at it, the weirder it looks. Like if you say any word 100 times in a row it just starts to sound weird.

the series x is perfect for stuff like this.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Please Microsoft, sell that TMNT controller separately.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=649OXm6Mx-s

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Its heartbreaking to see the diamond achievement for 'finish the tutorial' but I got that on TABS. Probably everyone got their fill during preview but the local multiplayer mode now available where each can possess in split screen has been so much fun.

It has matchmaking too but haven't tried that

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Lol did they put Spongebob’s arm on the wrong side?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

But does it also come with the spongebob CRT?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Ryoga posted:

But does it also come with the spongebob CRT?

keep your woke-rear end politics off mah xbox!

When I was on vacation my (racist) uncle asked me if my kids' school was teaching about CRT. I was like, "wow, no we have a decent technology budget."

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Cool as hell. Microsoft is like the only company putting out cool controllers like this.

Edit: lol just realized those are Xboxes and not retail packaging for the controllers

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Those consoles alone show that Microsoft figured out the perfect console design. Just make it a big ol box. Hell someone make some easy 3 sided slide on covers like those.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Those consoles alone show that Microsoft figured out the perfect console design. Just make it a big ol box. Hell someone make some easy 3 sided slide on covers like those.

some people just dont realize that an appliance just needs to look like an appliance and not a toy

even if it is actually a toy

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Yeah, honestly the bone x and series x are the two nicest looking consoles I have. The PS4 pro is far better than the PS5 but it still has the weirdo oblong shape for no apparent reason.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Can't wait for the next console gen when the next Xbox is just a server rack you put into your house and the PS6 replaces one of your walls

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Series X is pretty generic and lame but hell if it helps the unit literally never have heat issues then I'll deal with it.

The One X is console perfection though. The size, the design, the materials. Just :discourse:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kevyn posted:

Yeah lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kevyn posted:

oh god they did lmao

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

American McGay posted:

The Series X is pretty generic and lame but hell if it helps the unit literally never have heat issues then I'll deal with it.

The One X is console perfection though. The size, the design, the materials. Just :discourse:

I don't see how it's any less generic, it's already a less imaginative design by virtue that it's roughly the same shape as a VCR, like the xbones that came before it. But the joke's on me I guess because the only place my series x can fit is tucked away behind my TV on the entertainment center. It's like a half cm too big to fit under the tv, with or without additional heat clearance :negative:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Back 4 Blood matchmaking is putting me into games where all I can do is spectate lol.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
drat Katana Zero is actually pretty slick. Glad I decided to download it and try it before it leaves GP in a few days.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Looks pretty cool to me, even for an alpha! Nothing groundbreaking but seems it can be a fun. I love the lighting.

Metro Exodus is on sale for 8.99. Think I'll pick it up! Heard good things about it.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 12, 2021

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

John F Bennett posted:

Looks pretty cool to me, even for an alpha! Nothing groundbreaking but seems it can be a fun. I love the lighting.

Metro Exodus is on sale for 8.99. Think I'll pick it up! Heard good things about it.

Where's it on sale for 8.99?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Where's it on sale for 8.99?

I'm in Europe.

vv Belgium

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Oct 12, 2021

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

John F Bennett posted:

I'm in Europe.

I'm in the UK, which I don't know is in Europe technically anymore. What country in Europe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I'm in the UK, which I don't know is in Europe technically anymore. What country in Europe?

I've always been a fan of the sci fi troupe of the future US annexing the UK.