Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Hi I'm Tyreek Hill and you are required to start me every week. I'll either get you 5 points or 40 points, but nothing in between. Which one will it be this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
I'm happy this week. Going to 3-2 in a 0.5 PPR Yahoo 12-team league where I'm at 193.94 points with a projection of 208.16 (got Pittman Jr. as WRIII on Monday night and Zach Moss was my flex tonight). Anyway, that's a league high point total for the season (surpassing 191.58). Even better, it gets me a win over a manager whom I'd been 0-6 against over the past four years.

In my Yahoo league (full PPR, 20 teams, each with 9 defensive players), I'm at 184.15 with Jonathan Taylor still to play tomorrow night, but it's very likely not enough to overcome the whopping 217.77 that my opponent is tracking to get. That loss would put me at 3-2 there. My big mistake in that one was playing Tannehill over Jameis. I have played the lower-scoring guy between them so far each week.

In my only nfl.com league (also full PPR, 12 teams), I'm on the verge of going 5-0 and was already the only undefeated team after week 4.

All in all, poo poo's going not too badly.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Hi I'm Tyreek Hill and you are required to start me every week. I'll either get you 5 points or 40 points, but nothing in between. Which one will it be this week?

Ah he's Mike Evans now too?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Edit: Wrong thread.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

This has always been true

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
...is Diggs hurt or something?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

...is Diggs hurt or something?

Diggs a bust

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

wait CEH AND Tyreek got hurt last night?

:negative:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Bellmaker posted:

wait CEH AND Tyreek got hurt last night?

:negative:

And Kelce too! :toot:

The Hill injury doesn't seem too serious given that he finished the game, but who knows.

F in chat for the players who I (maybe) lost this week:

CEH
Tyreek Hill
Travis Kelce
Kenny Golladay
Kadarius Toney
Juju Smith-Schuster

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 11, 2021

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I had Russel Wilson and my back up QB Danny Dimes go down this week. Who’s the best pick up for my superflex next week?

(I took a screen shot of the waiver wire, but I’ll be damned if I can figure out how to post an image on here)

Bridgewater, Geno Smith, Wentz, Mac Jones, or Danny Mills.

Am I crazy for looking at Mills as his matchup next week is Indy?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m up by 8.8 with my Darius Leonard vs his Jonathan Taylor. 0.5 ppr

I’m nervous

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Man I know fantasy is ebbs and flows but this is my toughest year ever so far. 3-2, 3-2, 3-1 (hopefully after tonight) and then five teams with one win or less. I would love to go on a run with that 0-5 team but it’s crazy.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Man I know fantasy is ebbs and flows but this is my toughest year ever so far. 3-2, 3-2, 3-1 (hopefully after tonight) and then five teams with one win or less. I would love to go on a run with that 0-5 team but it’s crazy.

Similar story here. I'm now 0-5 in my friends league despite having the second highest score in the league this week. I deserve it a bit though for trading Ekler after week 2 (I drafted all RBs with the first three picks and desperately needed WR depth).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm in 4 leagues. If I'm lucky I'll win 2 games this week for the first time this year. Coming into the week I was a combined 2-14.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeah. I'm doing mediocre to bad across all four of my leagues, despite not having what I would consider terrible teams. The main culprit has been injuries. In one 2QB league, I've had Fitzpatrick, Tua, Chark and now Golladay all go down without clearing a fantasy point before getting injured in their games. And those were all separate weeks so they spread the amount of loving me over very evenly.

I've had terrible luck with matchups in other leagues, getting hit with the dreaded 2nd highest scorer loses to highest scorer. Despite all that, the only league I'm really making GBS threads the bed in is my roto-style points league where I'm dead last. But I've definitely had some lovely injury luck there, too. Just gotta remind yourself that it's a long season, and it seems like everybody's getting crushed with injuries. Maybe it's your guys who end up healthy later on when other people are dealing with the same problems.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm 2-3. Guess I was due for some bad luck after making it to 3 championships in a row and winning two. Not over though, so there's still hope.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Started off 0-2 with a crushingly close Week 2 loss, but somehow got my way up to 3-2 now just barely squeezing out a win this week by 4 points.

I want to give a shoutout to Najee Harris being a baller workhorse, Dawson Knox being a rad waiver pickup to replace Kittle, and Aaron Rodgers deciding to give a poo poo again after that Week 1 performance.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I really can't complain this year. Last year I was a combined 16-23. Did win a championship though!

Beer league: about to go 3-2. Oh well, already almost at my win total for last year.

20-team: 3-1. Outside shot for a win tonight if Hillywood and Tucker can make up a 20-ish point gap and Indy D is a dud.

Dynasty: about to go 2-3 and fully committed to the tank so okay.

Random auction league I accidentally joined thinking it was a mock auction draft because those are fun: Rough start but after going 0-3 to begin the season, most likely will be 2-3 after tonight.

So, 9-7 so far, probably 10-10 by the morning. I'll just be happy with playoff spot everywhere but dynasty and with a top-3 pick there.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Not trying to downplay it but 2-3 doesn’t strike me as “time to tank” unless you’ve lost 3 in a row due to injuries and your team is utter garbage. Which could be the case, idk, just saying.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Whoreson Welles posted:

Not trying to downplay it but 2-3 doesn’t strike me as “time to tank” unless you’ve lost 3 in a row due to injuries and your team is utter garbage. Which could be the case, idk, just saying.

This is a dynasty team that finished 15-24 in the last three years and felt like it was time to blow it up. If you squint it could've been a playoff squad but I told myself that same thing the past two years and ended up a middling team and out of contention both times.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Quiet Feet posted:

This is a dynasty team that finished 15-24 in the last three years and felt like it was time to blow it up. If you squint it could've been a playoff squad but I told myself that same thing the past two years and ended up a middling team and out of contention both times.

I can feel that, in my keeper league I’ve come in last 2 out of the last 4 years. Each year started out hopeful and slowly bled out, which is why I’m cautiously optimistic this season at 3-2 with (finally) some good keeper prospects.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

CEH is just a sprained ACL. Will miss "a few weeks." Wheeew. Thought for sure watching the game that he'd blown it and would be done for the year.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Need Ty'Szn to wait until Murray falls into the endzone one more time to secure this win for me.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Friends redraft
Much like the Kansas City Chiefs, my defending runners up have a loaded team but have faced some tough competition and am at a disappointing 2-3

Goon Dynasty
Much like the Tampa Bay Bucs, my defending champs have picked up where they left off and are 4-1 (as long as DeForest Buckner and Darius Leonard don't outscore Michael Pittman by more than 20)

Cause I'm a sicko, I joined a 32 team dynasty league over the summer. 1-4, not doing great against 31 of the kind of people who would join a 32 team league in June

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Quote is not edit

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mikey Purp posted:

And Kelce too! :toot:

The Hill injury doesn't seem too serious given that he finished the game, but who knows.

F in chat for the players who I (maybe) lost this week:

CEH
Tyreek Hill
Travis Kelce
Kenny Golladay
Kadarius Toney
Juju Smith-Schuster

Kelce was just a stinger, don't worry

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gotta love when you lose on the 2nd play of the game

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RCarr posted:

Gotta love when you win on the 2nd play of the game

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RCarr posted:

Amazing, isnt it?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Silly Burrito posted:

Yeah it can be pretty brutal! Sometimes the luck just isn't there.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

RCarr posted:

On the flip side, winning on the second play is pretty great :getin:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
0-2 this week despite 37 points from Brady on each team

Fuckin fantasy, man

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Started the day up 50 on Taylor and andrews :v:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Thank you Mark Andrews for delivering me a victory in my time of need.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I already won before tonight so now Andrews career game doesn’t really help me

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I lost because of the Carson Wentz 2 yard sneak taking the Ravens D up over 500 yards allowed, dropping my D's score by a point, causing me to lose. :suicide:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
lol In my one league I had a 40+ pt lead and my opponent only had Lamar. Thought a little luck was finally coming my way. Everything looked beautiful until that 4th quarter and now I’m 1-4. Good loving lord.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I needed 32 points from Lamar to win tonight and he got me 42 lmao.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pops Mgee posted:

I needed 32 points from Lamar to win tonight and he got me 42 lmao.

Congrats!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm Purple Haze. That Marquise Brown TD saved my rear end!