Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Archer666 posted:

Thought it was more about this strange obsession to have Lara Croft taken super seriously as a character, which means she has to be serious and broody and no fun allowed all the time.

Also I had forgotten this, but apparently one of the design goals for reboot Lara was 'the player should want to take care of her' which... that's a weird goal for your action hero and is also kind of insulting. Nobody feels a great need to take Nathan Drake in their arms and make him feel safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

If I recall: it was a meeting with Boogie during a con that was semi private, and Boogie saw the post and put it on his twitter. The real breaking point involved someone veing nitpicky about Sócrates.

TBF I'm surprised it wasn't when I poked at her old article on her serious site about watching the Enders Game movie in order to save YA from dying at the office or some poo poo.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

I think the point is less that we need to change anything about our behavior and more that it's useful to remember and remind folks that this is not a private nor entirely safe space. It can sometimes feel that way because the atmosphere of the thread is relatively chill—so long as nobody says Zack Snyder three times while looking in a mirror—but we are regularly monitored by bad actors.

If I recall Lindsay Ellis' final straw in this thread was when she shared a personal story about another youtuber and it showed up on Kiwifarms within the hour.

Posting something personal on a public space like this was a pretty dumb move of hers, yeah.

Dawgstar posted:

Also I had forgotten this, but apparently one of the design goals for reboot Lara was 'the player should want to take care of her' which... that's a weird goal for your action hero and is also kind of insulting. Nobody feels a great need to take Nathan Drake in their arms and make him feel safe.

Yeah, it was pretty weird and gave the game a slightly fetishistic tone. Though to be fair they wanted to make Lara less action hero, more realistic down-to-earth kind of character, but I feel they overcorrected a little in TR reboot. No clue if they got better at it in the sequels.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
she posted juicy gossip about a guy everyone falls over themselves to post 200 pages of hate over every time he's mentioned and was surprised when the juicy gossip got spread

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, whatever, was just an example—point being that this forum is not as secure or off the beaten path as it sometimes feels. Like, it is a placid lake of pure calm compared to modern social media, but it's still all hanging out here in the open for anyone willing to slap down a tenner, and it's important to keep that in mind.

Post responsibly!

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Excuse me, since the CSPAM guy shot someone people have had to at least pay 10 whole dollars to look at this thread.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Archer666 posted:

Yeah, it was pretty weird and gave the game a slightly fetishistic tone. Though to be fair they wanted to make Lara less action hero, more realistic down-to-earth kind of character, but I feel they overcorrected a little in TR reboot. No clue if they got better at it in the sequels.

Not really. They ditched the supporting character people liked/hoped Lara would hook up with in Sam and doubled down on Lara being driven to Prove Her Father Right (so it's not about her) and also she has PTSD maybe? It's not even clear if she enjoys the raiding of tombs.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Jorah was the only real recurring character they had besides Lara, but he seemed to be a different character each game.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kunster posted:

If I recall: it was a meeting with Boogie during a con that was semi private, and Boogie saw the post and put it on his twitter. The real breaking point involved someone veing nitpicky about Sócrates.

TBF I'm surprised it wasn't when I poked at her old article on her serious site about watching the Enders Game movie in order to save YA from dying at the office or some poo poo.

Wasn’t it bravest of the lamps who posted that? It was a very silly nitpick as I recall.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Wasn’t it bravest of the lamps who posted that? It was a very silly nitpick as I recall.

That fits their M.O.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Stop Skeletons From Fighting looks at the delisted mobile ports of Resident Evil 4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-afM7wnGkQ

Bonus appearance of the Zeebo.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I remember the nitpicker was kinda sheepish about it, so I don't think it was BotL.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Akett posted:

I remember the nitpicker was kinda sheepish about it, so I don't think it was BotL.

You’re right—Im misremembering. It’s kind of curious in retrospect that he never went after any of the regulars or semi-regulars who made videos. But I don’t want to think about him any more and so I won’t.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
God can you even imagine nickado avacado crushing his helpless boyfriend as he leans over to grab his 20th box of French fries

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Ash Crimson posted:

God can you even imagine nickado avacado crushing his helpless boyfriend as he leans over to grab his 20th box of French fries

His boyfriend can

Terrible Opinions posted:

Excuse me, since the CSPAM guy shot someone people have had to at least pay 10 whole dollars to look at this thread.

Wait, who? I honestly figured it was inevitable, I found myself going genuinely nuts hanging out there, but who?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Grondoth posted:

His boyfriend can

Wait, who? I honestly figured it was inevitable, I found myself going genuinely nuts hanging out there, but who?

breadnsucc, who didn't post much but I certainly recognized the name due to his very deranged posting.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

CSPAM guy breadnsucc goes to protests regularly looking for fights. Gets shot and beat by proud boys. Decides for next protest to come with a gun and try to kill someone by wildly firing into a crowd.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
unbelievable to me that someone from our healthiest subforum would behave this way

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Terrible Opinions posted:

CSPAM guy breadnsucc goes to protests regularly looking for fights. Gets shot and beat by proud boys. Decides for next protest to come with a gun and try to kill someone by wildly firing into a crowd.

yeah, i feel sorta bad for him but yeah pretty much. gently caress tiny though

Impermanent posted:

unbelievable to me that someone from our healthiest subforum would behave this way

well dont worry, the admins will never do dick because some weird gently caress will just dumb a couple K every other week in avatar or ad money because they get mad at randos.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

leaving out the best parts
-breadnsucc was his alt, his original account and the username that made it into the news stories was "Doorknob Slobber"
-he reposted the police tweet about his own shooting in the thread and was like "seems like those dudes hosed around and found out, hope the shooter (who is very cool and handsome) is doing alright"

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ash Crimson posted:

This gimmick is weird, please stop.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

This gimmick is weird, please stop.

I'll give it some thought okay

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Augus posted:

-breadnsucc was his alt, his original account and the username that made it into the news stories was "Doorknob Slobber"
-he reposted the police tweet about his own shooting in the thread and was like "seems like those dudes hosed around and found out, hope the shooter (who is very cool and handsome) is doing alright"

Wtf. Like good job dumbass, you pissed away your possible shot at a self defense plea and also brought this forum into evidence for a case.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1447683134724587521

I don't care about dear evan hansen but Jenny always manages to make her videos interesting even if i'm not invested in the subject matter, also it's been too long. Looking forward to it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Wtf. Like good job dumbass, you pissed away your possible shot at a self defense plea and also brought this forum into evidence for a case.

the self-defense plea was out the window the second the actual video of him shooting came out in which you clearly see him run away from any possible danger, stop, turn around, pull his gun out, fire like 5 shots off with the poise and careful aim of someone using a nintendo zapper and then start running again

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I am shocked, shocked, that kind of poster would have fantasies of shooting people

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I like CSPAm but the Coolzone thread should have been nuked a long time ago.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Wasn't the coolzone nuked a while ago though?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Does anyone know if Voidburger is going to do any more Psychonauts 2 streams? Recently watched the two VODs she has up on her youtube channel and really liked them, then saw they were posted a month ago and nothing since. Skimmed her twitter but didn’t see anything about it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She's doing work on giant bomb now, semi frequently too, so that might be slowing down her personal output.

Related, she's right about the (original) Mario movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t43BeU2ooM&hd=1

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I like CSPAm but the Coolzone thread should have been nuked a long time ago.

them and succ/blow/whatever should be burned to the ground.

Alaois posted:

the self-defense plea was out the window the second the actual video of him shooting came out in which you clearly see him run away from any possible danger, stop, turn around, pull his gun out, fire like 5 shots off with the poise and careful aim of someone using a nintendo zapper and then start running again

yeah that too.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ariong posted:

Does anyone know if Voidburger is going to do any more Psychonauts 2 streams? Recently watched the two VODs she has up on her youtube channel and really liked them, then saw they were posted a month ago and nothing since. Skimmed her twitter but didn’t see anything about it.
Yeah I think work picked up, since I know she sometimes looks at this thread I will say I did buy Psychonauts 2 after watching the VODs

Also Dog's Must Die finished Stardust Crusaders and can't wait for Diamond is Unbreakable

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Augus posted:

He also only hit one person, a leader of the Proud Boys, Tiny Toese, in the foot.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

He also only hit one person, a leader of the Proud Boys, Tiny Toese, in the foot.

Come the gently caress on, if you're gonna ruin your life at least kill one of the people you've been driven to madness over.

Sure seems like he was exactly the same as the weekend nazis, reveling in performative violence until that indulgence simply boils over.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Dawgstar posted:

Reminded me of this old article which I'd been misremembering as being about Uncharted but hey, same diff.

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/indiana-tomb-raider/1/

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Nuns with Guns posted:

Sounds like he should change his name to No Toese then.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Grondoth posted:

Come the gently caress on, if you're gonna ruin your life at least kill one of the people you've been driven to madness over.

Sure seems like he was exactly the same as the weekend nazis, reveling in performative violence until that indulgence simply boils over.

he got shot by one of the proud boys during a protest and the cops predictably let the shooter off scot-free, and it shook something loose inside his head

i recall seeing a lot of increasingly bitter posts towards his ex-wife for not letting him see his kids anymore during that time

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Oxxidation posted:

he got shot by one of the proud boys during a protest and the cops predictably let the shooter off scot-free, and it shook something loose inside his head

i recall seeing a lot of increasingly bitter posts towards his ex-wife for not letting him see his kids anymore during that time

he got grazed by a bullet and proceeded to spend the next like six months posting like the loving Punisher about how someone needs to clean up this filth and how excited he was to use his cool gun on basically anyone who pissed him off. Him happening to graze a probably FBI planted fash leader's foot is more a luck thing than any testament to restraint or ability to pick targets or anything, he was 100% on some Death Wish poo poo and that's probably why his ex didn't want him around their kids

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I Hate My loving Bitch Ex-Wife, And Here's Why It's Fascism's Fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Surely posts from the forums have been read at criminal trials before. This can’t be the first attempted murder where some fancy man is going to ask for clarification on how to pronounce cumshitter.