Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

I feel like Oklahoma State is the least talked about undefeated team in the country. Have they played anybody with a pulse?

Baylor Kstate Boise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They also very nearly lost to Boise.

Who beat a top ten team Saturday!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Correct they beat Boise decisively

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Watching a Penn State affiliated recap that's 45 minutes of copium and 15 minutes of spittle-filled anger at Iowa booing Penn State having an injury after every 10+ yard play.

It's delicious.

Pook Good Mook fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 11, 2021

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Metapod posted:

Nope we want the undefeated bedlam

OU wins once again

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pook Good Mook posted:

Watching a Penn State affiliated recap that's 45 minutes of copium and 15 minutes of spittle-filled anger at Iowa booing Penn State having an injury after every 10+ yard play.

It's delicious.

Has anyone discussed increasing the required plays you have to be out for? That shouldn't impact many legitimate injuries.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Metapod posted:

21-20. Neither team scored in the second half,lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

OU wins once again

Do we think Bedlam keeps going on once OU goes to the SEC?

I mean on OU's side definitely yes, not sure on Oklahoma State's side because I'd be begging out of that situation if I had a choice.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Metapod posted:

Wasn’t it like 22-21? A win in Boise is pretty good regardless though.

Anyway they’re pretty good; we’ll know a bit more when they play Texas.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Grittybeard posted:

I mean on OU's side definitely yes, not sure on Oklahoma State's side because I'd be begging out of that situation if I had a choice.

That’s not really how it works; the rivalry with OU is a pretty big prestige thing for Oklahoma State, even if they lose almost all the time. Their incentive to keep it going will be very high in a diminished Big 12.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/theSmokeyVol/status/1447544061720735745?s=20

:toot:

I loving love when we do this, the game is also sold out

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://twitter.com/theSmokeyVol/status/1447544061720735745?s=20

:toot:

I loving love when we do this, the game is also sold out

The Kiffin hate will be strong this weekend.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

The Kiffin hate will be strong this weekend.

Lol yeah hes been back before with Bama but him at HC is a whole other thing. It’s a night game too so that crowd is gonna be on tilt.

What is this feeling I’m experiencing? Is it excitement?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

What happens when Michigan beats Michigan State in two weeks? Those colors need to be different.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

quote:

Gruden’s messages were sent to Bruce Allen, the former president of the Washington Football Team, and others, while he was working for ESPN as a color analyst during “Monday Night Football,” the sports network’s weekly prime-time telecast of N.F.L. games. In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “human being” and a “clueless anti football pussy” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “queers,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.

wow tennessee boosters are really going to be going after gruden now

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

AsInHowe posted:

What happens when Michigan beats Michigan State in two weeks? Those colors need to be different.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

General Dog posted:

That’s not really how it works; the rivalry with OU is a pretty big prestige thing for Oklahoma State, even if they lose almost all the time. Their incentive to keep it going will be very high in a diminished Big 12.

Yes, there has been and will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth but the Bedlam series will absolutely continue after the move

OU has already committed to maintaining Bedlam in every scholarship sport, and it's in OSU's interests to keep that up. Not just football, but men's basketball, wrestling, baseball, golf...there's a lot of sports where Bedlam is a high-profile affair for that particular activity.

Other than the loss of revenue (which is admittedly pretty big) OU and Texas going to the SEC is probably the best thing to happen to OSU football ever. They'll still get the marquee game against OU but will probably actually have a chance to win the B12 every two-three years like they think they've been eligible to do for 15 years. When we finally get the 12-team playoff they'll forget all about their hurt feelings when they're making the postseason regularly.

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 12, 2021

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I didn’t realize Brian Ferentz was Iowa oc. That side of the ball is… not good and was hard to watch.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Neil Armbong posted:

I didn’t realize Brian Ferentz was Iowa oc. That side of the ball is… not good and was hard to watch.

The O Line is one great center and 4 young guys. That's 75% of the problem. Petras really isn't as bad as message boards act, he can make strong throws, the plays just develop too slowly and he is coached to never force throws.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just lol can you imagine if we’d hired Gruden

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Pook Good Mook posted:

The O Line is one great center and 4 young guys. That's 75% of the problem. Petras really isn't as bad as message boards act, he can make strong throws, the plays just develop too slowly and he is coached to never force throws.

I held back on saying anything about Petras… but woof. Painful to watch him scramble, the slowest qb I can remember watching in a while and so many balls just thrown away.

His play stood out as incredibly safe and boring.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

don't know how to break this to you, my man

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

harbaugh usually saves the heartbreaker for ohio state but i guess the 2 in 10-2 has to come from somewhere

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

AsInHowe posted:

How can you call yourself a big ten fan if you can’t tell the difference between Maize and Gold?

edit: redacted, I almost opened myself up to a long conversation about the difference between Scarlet, Crimson, Maroon, and Cardinal

Although another reason Maryland and Rutgers being added to the conference sucked is because it’s the first team repeating a color that isn’t black or white

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 12, 2021

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jim Harbaugh could not adjust to Rocky Lombardi, one of the worst QBs in the country, repeatedly chucking it deep last year.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

The important thong is for no team to continue undefeated except Cincinnati Wake Forest

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Jim Harbaugh could not adjust to Rocky Lombardi, one of the worst QBs in the country, repeatedly chucking it deep last year.

i only watched the northwestern/MSU game last year, so I was shocked lombardi didn't get Heisman consideration

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Neil Armbong posted:

I held back on saying anything about Petras… but woof. Painful to watch him scramble, the slowest qb I can remember watching in a while and so many balls just thrown away.

His play stood out as incredibly safe and boring.

He will never singlehandedly lose a game, but he won't win one either. With a team built like Iowa, that's been good enough. It's really a shame the O line is the way it is, the offense could be so dynamic.

I am personally exasperated watching him, but I don't blame him exclusively, and I don't dislike him like some people do. Could be worse.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Grittybeard posted:

Bedlam is literally the only game okstate fans care about*. If you gave them a choice between winning a national title and winning bedlam, 4 out of 5 will choose bedlam

*Since they finally beat nebraska once

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Think Less posted:

Bedlam is literally the only game okstate fans care about*. If you gave them a choice between winning a national title and winning bedlam, 4 out of 5 will choose bedlam

*Since they finally beat nebraska once

Glancing at the record you have somehow described a more hellish existence than what it must have been like being a Kansas State fan before Snyder got there.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kloaked00 posted:

Reminder that Michigan State was the first team in the country to become bowl eligible

https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/1446904573067624452

https://twitter.com/MichiganStOnBTN/status/1446905287126884352

Kenneth Walker III for Heisman

You're welcome

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Grittybeard posted:

Glancing at the record you have somehow described a more hellish existence than what it must have been like being a Kansas State fan before Snyder got there.

No way; Kansas State pre-Snyder was what Kansas is now. He doesn't get nearly enough credit for what he did.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Pook Good Mook posted:

He will never singlehandedly lose a game, but he won't win one either. With a team built like Iowa, that's been good enough. It's really a shame the O line is the way it is, the offense could be so dynamic.

I am personally exasperated watching him, but I don't blame him exclusively, and I don't dislike him like some people do. Could be worse.

I don't dislike him, I just don't like him. I'm very neutral on the offense. Just don't gently caress up and let the defense do their job.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

DC Murderverse posted:

How can you call yourself a big ten fan if you can’t tell the difference between Maize and Gold?

edit: redacted, I almost opened myself up to a long conversation about the difference between Scarlet, Crimson, Maroon, and Cardinal

Although another reason Maryland and Rutgers being added to the conference sucked is because it’s the first team repeating a color that isn’t black or white

So close together!

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Grittybeard posted:

Man it's worth it when it happens though

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

DC Murderverse posted:

It's actually not a long conversation at all; the differences between those colors are pretty short and easy to describe in like one sentence each.

... and if I hadn't just taken 3 swigs of ZzzQuil I'd type em out right now, but I'll do it tomorrow instead. Unless someone else beats me to it. Or maybe even if they do. Or if I feel like it.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
Brohm is 3-1 against Ferentz, just saying.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1447910684528975881

It involves a lot of horrible injuries. He's working on his second master's (an MBA).

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1447910684528975881

It involves a lot of horrible injuries. He's working on his second master's (an MBA).

At least he's making the most out of playing school. Good for him (sucks about the injuries though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JaredDLee/status/1447667048117465090?s=20

I am so hype for UT Ole Miss to be a 100 point game that I just know I'm gonna be disappointed and it's gonna be like 13-7