Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

miniscule12 posted:

I don't care about the metaplot, can we get some actual review of hxh in gon in 60 seconds?
No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ah good, the stylish retro first-person melee game, Fight Knight, that the guys showed off a while back and got me to back is made by a monster

Hat Thoughts posted:

TW for basically every sort of abuse
https://twitter.com/rivalerose/status/1444019711662907397
fight knight guy total scumbag unredeemable

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

ah good, the stylish retro first-person melee game, Fight Knight, that the guys showed off a while back and got me to back is made by a monster

Blergh. There's a pattern of behavior with these things, it's always people in considerably fragile life circumstances being put thru the grinder by a "complicated" dude (usually someone charismatic and/or creative enough that people make excuses for their glaring mental health issues). Cycle of abuse and all that.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Blockhouse posted:

I wonder if we're getting a matt and liam halloween playthrough this year

We are! It's Castlevania 64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaa9OIPQnhg

UnderFreddy fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 4, 2021

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Huzzah! 113 episodes condensed into a two-parter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tLp8KJWpuQ

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 5, 2021

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I'm skeletonizing

in a good way

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

this is an oddly comforting throwback

Botman
Mar 3, 2006
DASH DASH DASH!!!!

miniscule12 posted:

I don't care about the metaplot, can we get some actual review of hxh in gon in 60 seconds?

He actually brought this up on the podcast, and basically said that's not what this series is about, and if you think it is, then you're watching it for the wrong reasons.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

gon in 60 seconds is about the friends who demanded to be part of our journey, against our will, along the way

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Botman posted:

He actually brought this up on the podcast, and basically said that's not what this series is about, and if you think it is, then you're watching it for the wrong reasons.

That's a shame, but there is nothing I can do.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Eesh, I was curious to watch Woolie's Deltarune chapter 2 stuff but some of the voice choices out of punchmom kind of making it unwatchable for me. Though it might not even be bad voice choices so much as not at all what I was reading the characters as myself so it just feels super weird to listen to. Still having a good time with Devil Summoner though, gonna be sad when that one ends.

Also after watching Pat power through what he has of Dishonored so far might make it be one of the first playthroughs out of him I try to catch live given how the first one ended. :lol:

Overlord K fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 10, 2021

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Overlord K posted:

Eesh, I was curious to watch Woolie's Deltarune chapter 2 stuff but some of the voice choices out of punchmom kind of making it unwatchable for me. Though it might not even be bad voice choices so much as not at all what I was reading the characters as myself so it just feels super weird to listen to.

Ralsei having a deep Minnesotan accent is adorable and I hope you aren't talking about that :colbert:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Overlord K posted:

Eesh, I was curious to watch Woolie's Deltarune chapter 2 stuff but some of the voice choices out of punchmom kind of making it unwatchable for me. Though it might not even be bad voice choices so much as not at all what I was reading the characters as myself so it just feels super weird to listen to.

I've heard of streamers being sent death threats and such because they voiced Sans or someone different to the "accepted" voices, it's a wild community at times.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

im afraid all streamers doing voices is bad

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

a cartoon duck posted:

im afraid all streamers doing voices is bad
ok boomer

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Archenteron posted:

Ralsei having a deep Minnesotan accent is adorable and I hope you aren't talking about that :colbert:

It's more the reading of Queen that really killed it for me, though I am not a big fan of that either :v:

I'm not remotely surprised the fandom is nutty about it, but yeah wouldn't be the first time I stopped watching an LP of a text heavy RPG due to voice choices.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat and Paige have a pretty good track record for me, Pat's Alphys voice in UT aside.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I do wonder where that screechy female voice that everyone defaults to originated from, because it seems weirdly common.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

You're like 35.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You're like 35.
The phrase extends to any percieved 'out of touch or archaic' opinion, and not just to folks of the baby boomer generation (1945-65). :goonsay:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 11, 2021

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Grouchio posted:

The phrase extends to any percieved 'out of touch or archaic' opinion, and not just to folks of the baby boomer generation. :goonsay:

yeah like 35 year olds

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

only boomers say ok boomer anymore

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
how embarrassing

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

nowadays the kids say let's go zoomer

but i see yall flick demonic licks down squizzy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RareAcumen posted:

I do wonder where that screechy female voice that everyone defaults to originated from, because it seems weirdly common.
for who, Alphys? Probably because of her dialogue noise.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

for who, Alphys? Probably because of her dialogue noise.

No, I just mean in general. Alphys' text already sounds like she spent 6 hours a day in locker to begin with when she was in school, I mean whenever people are reading text for the most part.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 12, 2021

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Depending on generation, probably either Monty Python or Game Grumps.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

The Bee posted:

Monty Python

Classic boomer humour here.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
https://mobile.twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1448721208468545544

:stare: Jesus

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Jesus Paige's timeline right now is enough to make me ask how the gently caress she stands that place. I remember a years ago there was something about somebody accosting her and she flat out just can't talk about it because of how slander laws are up there. loving bizarre man.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
French Canadians are all the worst parts of the French and all the worst parts of being Canadian (American Light.)

Stay safe Fuccboivin family

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

French Canadians are all the worst parts of the French and all the worst parts of being Canadian (American Light.)

Stay safe Fuccboivin family

We really aren't all like this at all.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MonsieurChoc posted:

We really aren't all like this at all.

#NotAllFrenchCanadians

I mean, they're basically Canadians that don't apologize ever because they're also French, which evens out to being...I'unno, from Boston?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dias posted:

#NotAllFrenchCanadians

I mean, they're basically Canadians that don't apologize ever because they're also French, which evens out to being...I'unno, from Boston?

Oh no we also apologize all the time. We're very different from the French.

There's a big bigot contingent of French Canadians, and I'm sad/angry they attacked Paige. In Montreal it's mostly boomers, younger generations aren't really like that anymore. Outside of Montreal, depends a lot on the town.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh no we also apologize all the time. We're very different from the French.

There's a big bigot contingent of French Canadians, and I'm sad/angry they attacked Paige. In Montreal it's mostly boomers, younger generations aren't really like that anymore. Outside of Montreal, depends a lot on the town.

I can actually sympathize, my home state is ~the separatist one~ and it sounds pretty similar in terms of xenophobic boomers/less xenophobic young adults (results may vary if outside of hub cities).

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Looks like it's off to the anglo provinces for the Boivins
https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1448840971404390409?s=20

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Good there at least, I saw her saying like they'd thought of moving for a while and all I could think was "God don't come to the US or something, don't do it to yourself"

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Kind of a bummer for them not being able to do podcasts in person anymore, but that’s also not been an issue for them for a couple of years now.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Looks like it's off to the anglo provinces for the Boivins
https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1448840971404390409?s=20

please stop yelling at paige outside her own house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Is Quebec the Florida of Canada?